Hilary Duff as a singer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SummerSunshine
I think she is a good singer not a great one of course but she has some good songs!! I really like "Come Clean", "Why Not" and "So Yesterday". Those are awesome!!

Look a pic of Hilary and my friends and I (left) big grin

spanky420
sorry but i think she sucks as a musician/actor...but hey thats my opinion

TrAnCeDuO
i hate to admit but i love her...shes alot more cuter than all the sluts on mtv like christina agulera,kelis,and Britney spear...i bet shes still a virgin...if not i would still do hillary...
*silence*
*clears throat* anyways....other than her looks she has such a siren-like voice...especially in the song"let the rain fall down"

ClaraG
yeah she's not bad :-)

SummerSunshine
She's way sweet and shy round fans I'd say!!

Deathblow
You say that now, but give it three years and she'll do a Britney/Christina style transformation and end up making 'music' videos of herself screwing oiled up beefcake dancers in run down clubs in front of several hundred screaming vagrants while crying at the top of her voice how DIRTY she is.

Or something like that.

SummerSunshine
well you dont know that for sure do you...I mean she can be different then those two! Not everyone is the same...

SummerSunshine
Oh she has a new single! "Little Voice"

Kaleanae
Is not my kind of music but I like one song, the last song in the Lizzie McGuire movie, when she is singing in Italy yes

Alpha Centauri
It always beats me when people say "She can't sing live but she is a good singer".

No. If you mime live and can't sing live, you aren't a good singer.

Two new rules:

1) Have talent. Songwriting and singing.

2) If you're a singer stick to your job description and sing. Don't go into a studio, record and then make yourself a voice using pro-tools.

Hilary Duff sucks.

To whoever mentioned Christina Aguilera, her music video (coz it was ONE video) aside, she is an amazing singer who sings live and writes all her own songs besides "Beautiful" which was co-written. In 10+ years when she has lost her looks people will still love her voice. Where will Britney be? Nowhere. She has only done the videos like "Toxic" because people realise Christina is better in everyway.

-AC

Darth Revan
yes

Despite the recent change in image, Christina Aguilera does have a good voice, which automatically places her on a higher level than Britney, Hilary, Jessica, Jessica's sister, and any other teeny-pop singers I forgot.

With all the editing they can do to people's voices these days, they can make anybody sound like a good singer.

Kaleanae
Christina really can sing is just her image, that drastic change from pretty girl to b!tch, it was too much messed

bardock
hilary is pretty hot.

Alpha Centauri
Why does everyone say "despite recent image change"?

Really. It was one video. A video called "Dirrty" for a song called "Dirrty". In the songs called "Beautiful" and "Fighter", she wasn't wearing anything closely resembling the get-up in her first video.

Even then, what was she wearing? A Bikini top, leather chaps and panties. She was more covered up than people think. He chaps covered all of her legs and her panties covered her ass and front. What is there to moan about? Nothing. If it was a woman with no talent just getting over on sex appeal then fair enough. But she has talent and more to the point, she's fine. So why complain? A hot woman with great talent was never a bad thing in my book. Dunno about all of you.

-AC

TrAnCeDuO
what about in beautiful(sp?) where she had those two guys making out...even if she wasnt doing anything it was still sexually suggestive...and that song "fighter" is so pointless its pathetic...hillary did sing live during new years eve (i think thats when it was) and i thought she was great...

Alpha Centauri
"what about in beautiful(sp?) where she had those two guys making out...even if she wasnt doing anything it was still sexually suggestive"

The message of the song was, regardless of what your sexuality is be proud of who you are. There's no pleasing some people. Eminem dissed homosexuals and gets ripped. Christina embraces them and gets ripped. Jeez. Besides, that wasn't her. So don't pin it on her "recent image change" as many like to call it.

"and that song "fighter" is so pointless its pathetic"

In a debate about image this is irrelevant. However, it's a song about how she got played and tormented as a child and growing up coz of her fame and she used it to fuel herself. She's got success and she's rubbing it in the face of those who told her she wouldn't have it. Good on her I say. Fair enough it's a personal issue that doesn't REALLY need to be brought to light but there are far more pointless musicians out there who make albums about their break-ups pretty much. So let's not pick on the wrong person.

"hillary did sing live during new years eve (i think thats when it was) and i thought she was great..."

Well she isn't great. End of story.

Great female singers: Mary J Blige, Sade, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Joni Mitchell, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, Billie Holiday, Diana Ross.

Calling Hilary Duff great throws her in with them. Which she isn't, couldn't and will never be.

Puppet little girls who just wanna be famous and have spotlight: Hilary Duff, Ashlee and Jessica "Bigger boobs than brain cells Simpson, Lindsay "Left my talent in my other over inflated Bra" Lohan, Britney "I'm a jealous, no-talent puppet" Spears, Avril "I'm so Rock but I was in a UK Pop mag called 'I Love Pop'" Lavigne and Fefe Dobson.

Come back when you have a valid and relevant argument.

-AC

sweet_angel925
i think hilary has a good voice its not like she cant sing she can but shes not better than christina britney spears on the other hand hasnt got a good voice in my opinion. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
"i think hilary has a good voice its not like she cant sing "

Quite simply put, yes it is. She can't. Well, she can, just not well at all. Crap infact. Anyone can sing. She sings shit though. Like most people in music now.

Then again not much impresses you when your daily intake of musical vocalists include Maynard James Keenan, Chris Cornell, Mike Patton and Jeff Buckley. I rarely settle for less.

-AC

furryman
couldn't agree more smokin'

m!$hA
hey alpha i quite like ur sence of musice if ya take out mariah, joni, pj...wait let me start again.....i like m.j.b, alicia and christina!!!

furryman
*cough*avril*cough*

SummerSunshine
thats so not true
she has a good voice

Alpha Centauri
To quote Avril:

"I wrote more songs on this album than the first."

Hahaha. Amazing. To think, a musician writing their own music. What's the world coming to? She calls Britney Spears a "puppet with no talent". She is just as bad. She is owned by her record company and she can't actually play guitar. She uses it in her videos to look cool. She sucks. Soulless, talentless sucker of Satan scaly pecker is what she is.

"I'm a Rock chick".

No you're suck off queen now. Shut up. She was in a magazine called "I love Pop". End of story.

-AC

SummerSunshine
she does play the guitar..ever been to her live show? well she plays the guitar there

jeez cant believe some ppl are soo negative about other ppl

Kaleanae
Avril's bosses pay her to say thing like that " She is that, and she is this... blah bla blah"

As you said, she is the same. It's funny how from singing in a church changed so drastically to being a fake punk chick stick out tongue (Using ties and having a skateboard will not make her a "Punk girl"wink big grin

angelsflame265
she's alright, i like a few of her songs but some people drag her out to be the best thing in the world, which its isn't

furryman
Avril can play guitar - she was originally a country singer.. though she can't sing actually sing very well, she screams, her voice is edited to sound better.

yes I love this pic..

Alpha Centauri
"she does play the guitar..ever been to her live show? well she plays the guitar there

jeez cant believe some ppl are soo negative about other ppl"

Call me crazy but I have a distaste to people whoring the greatest, most powerful and emotional artform in the world. Just me though. I....you know, VALUE ART. I don't think it's cool to come out and say you like certain bands because you think it will get their fans into you. "I like Guns N Roses. I'm a Rock Chick". She's not. She sucks.

Puppet is all she is, was and will ever be.

-AC

SummerSunshine
Yup agree with ya there

furryman
I was at a friends house and we were flicking through the music channels. and Busted were on - MTV I think - saying their favourite bands. It was hilarious they had to think for ages and looked like they were reading it off somewhere offscreen, when they eventually came out with a few punk bands.

furryman
oh, and Kelly Osbourne messed

bardock
i saw her on the vmas and she sucked ass at singing

angelsflame265
some how this is about hilary and your all talking about avril

Darth Revan
So Avril can play five or six power chords... That doesn't really count in my book... wink

twigNig
Hilary isn't that horrible, but she gets on my nerves all the same. I cannot stand to sit through one of her songs erm

SummerSunshine
innit?!

SummerSunshine
Oh shes in a new movie A Cinderella Story! Seems cool!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.