Spawn of Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
When Venom had five symbiote spawn (or whatever, something like that), what were their names, powers, and what did they look like? I don't know much about these, but I'm a big fan of the symbiotes and what little I've read about this is rather hazy.

Linkalicious
lol the chick aced 4 of the 5 symbiote spawn...and they all blamed Brock while he was without his Symbiote.

Great comic series....i highly recommend you don't ask this particular question and go buy the comics themselves. It was a well written, and very interesting series.

Arachnoidfreak
Look in the Spiderman forum, under "female symbiotes" there are some group pics there. and i agree with Link, pick up the comics. 'Venom: The Lethal Protector' i think they're called.

Manowar
Top Row (left to right):
Carl (that was his host's name)
Riot (the brown-lookin one)
Scream (the yellow one)

Bottom Row (left to right):
Shriek (the purple one)
Lasher (the green one)

Scream is the one who killed all of them (with a sonic dagger i think -- correct me if im wrong)

moshtitan
cool pic man.

Spawnie
R those also products of McFarlane immagination? OR did someone adapt these after he left MArvel? It's interesting and I hope I can find it so I can read it.

Linkalicious
it kinda sucks because you don't get to see the 5 of them really kick ass with their symbiotes. They like bonded with them, but they still were unable to control them very well. So they free Brock from some prison/laboratory in order to get answers from him, but he's been separated from his symbiote and wants to live without it.

The Venom symbiote escapes another lab that's far away and travels across the US to find Eddie. Eventually it finds him as a bunch of special task force members with sonic weapons is about to kill Brock.

I think the series is called "Seperation Anxiety" or something. "Lethal Protector" was the very start of his series....with the red dye-cast #1 edition.

FeceMan
Sweet, thanks for the info. Lasher looks uber tight smile.

EDIT: Oh, would anyone happen to know their powers off of the top of his or her head?

badsymbiote
No need to correct you--you nailed it.

badsymbiote
I don't want to spoil this for you, and it would be too easy to do so. Both "Lethal Protector", (6 issues) and "Separation Anxiety" (4), are still widely available, and a must-have for every Venom or symbiote fan.

kiekan, Hostile and I have all posted mass pics in the "female symbiote" thread as Arachnoidfreak mentioned. Among these are pics of the newest member of the symbiote "family", a clone of the original Venom inhabiting the body of a woman named Patricia Robertson, stationed at a remote radar station in the arctic.

Here is a pic of Patricia--

FeceMan
Sweet, I assume that this is when Patricia receives the symbiote? What is the comic series that Patricia Robertson is in (since it's obviously not the same one)? I really like the way the illustrator draws Venom; she looks so invincible.

EDIT: Speaking of n00bness, anyone know any good websites where I can order the comics?

badsymbiote
Ah, in what order shall I answer your questions? At random, of course, which is how I do pretty much everything.

Yes, many people here can steer you to various sites at which you can order books, and some are posted in the Spidey forum under the Venom vs. Carnage or Spidey comic threads.

To answer your question about Patricia and her bonding with the symbiote clone is not as easy. The pic above that I posted was drawn by Skottie Young, in the "twist" arc of Tsunami's Venom--which is actually kind of a flashback to the first arc, called "shiver", which was drawn by the title's first artist, Francisco Herrera. But the 2 versions of the girl are so eerily similar, that you would never guess that they were drawn by 2 different men. In fact, considering that there have only been 4 or 5 arcs total in this title, there have been as many separate artists contibuting. One of the best things about it is that you'd never guess--and if you weren't paying attention to the changes, you might assume that only one person had penciled all the books thusfar.

Unfortunately, the title has been cancelled, so if you plan to get this book--you'd better beat feet--I've heard of back issues selling for as much as $20 apiece.

If you'd like to know more, you really should check out the Spidey forum--and in particular, the female symbiote and Venom vs. Carnage thread. I've written so many synopses for this title that I can't remember if there's anything I haven't really covered without spoiling the book for everyone.

Here is the cover for the next book (#17), the fourth of five in the twist arc. #18 will be the final issue, and it's going to be effin' incredible.

Asian Hulk
next time don't you talk to me like that FeceMan!!!!this is an insulting!!!!!you understand?

FeceMan
Deary me, I've been INSULTING? How e'er would that have happened? I cannot even fathom myself being "mean"--what devilry is this, that you would so BLATANTLY lie about me? Pshaw, I say, PSHAW!

EDIT: Why would they cancel the comic book series? That's...bad. Do you know if they are goig to officially finish the entire thing or just sort of leave it for later?

VENOMfan
I think this story ends so they can pick up with Venom vs Carnage

badsymbiote
Don't worry--I don't think Way will leave us all hanging. It is possible to sum it up in the last 2 books, but it's gonna take some doin', let me tell you. They still have to resolve all the unfinished business with Patricia, Spidey, and Eddie--as well as all of the secondary characters.

I really believe that the book will end with Patricia surving an extraction of the cloned symbiote--courtesy of the "jilted" cell of Vic and Frankie--and that the 2 women will kill the symbiote-even though I believe that venom will try to prevent this from happening. That's where I figure that the FF and spidey will reappear--it's possible that the book will finish unresolved, but my instincts say that it will wrap up fairly nicely, if not entirely TOO SOON.

FeceMan
YOU RUINED IT NOOOOOOOO! Lol, just kidding...of course that's what will happen. Or she'll die.

badsymbiote
No, that stuff is just a theory of mine--but that's the thing about this book--there are so many possibilites. Really, it's one of the most involved stories that I've ever read, and the true miracle of it is that it only takes 18 issues. Incredible. I hope you're still thinking of reading it, because it really is all I said and more.

I've read so many books that took so long just to tell a tiny bit of info--this one is a head scratcher from the very start. That undoubtedly contributed to it's lack of success initially--the story was just too complicated for most people--and lots bailed out because they just didn't understand what was happening. I heard some people say that they had to read on of the books 3 or 4 times before they got it. To me, that speaks volumes about the book's complexity.

Captain America
Hey badsybiote, who is that other venom looking guy in your sig. they look different.

Kontraz
what i dont get about the 5 symbiotes is that scream only killed the hosts... Venom himself said it is impossible to actually completely kill a symbiote, unless the symbiote commits suicide...

FeceMan
Maybe if she ate the symbiotes.

orangepoindexte
Since noone posted anything about their powers I figured I'd take a stab at it...(although it's based totally on my conjecture from the books...).

All the aliens have the ability to rearrange themselves into clothing similarly to Venom and Carnage. It wasn't shown whether or not they could breathe underwater like Venom, stick to walls like Venom, etc. One WAS shown firing webbing... which is interesting. It was never shown how detrimental sonics or fire were to them... so they may or may not have had similar weaknesses to it compared to Venom.

(the grey one) - His costume was pretty damn generic and any powers it might have possessed other then the strength it gave him are unknown.

(the brown-lookin one) - Had super strength, speed and stamina. He could create razor sharp edges at the end of his symbiote costumes hands, as well as jutting edges from his elbows. Also, interestingly, his costume was capable of firing webbing DESPITE not having any visible web shooters to discharge it. This may or may not have been an ability shared by his symbiote "brothers and sisters".

Scream (the yellow female one) - Has super strength, speed and stamina. Is capable of using her tendril-hair as a weapon. It was sufficiently strong enough to uproot a tree while she was fighting Spiderman.

(the purple female one) - Definetly had superhuman strength, speed and stamina. In a few panels (in Separation Anxiety) it APPEARED that she was creating mace-like weapons from her symbiote costumes' hands. Her hair was also tendril-like like Screams.

(the green with tendrils on his back) - Apparently his main method of attacking were the tendrils on his costumes back. Strangely his alien seemed to force him to bend very awkwardly even when he wasn't attacking someone. The creature must have kept his back in good shape... otherwise he'd have problems walking around when he wasn't wearing it due to the stress of constantly being bent over like he was.

Scream is the one who killed all of them (with a sonic dagger i think -- correct me if im wrong) - This is true... and Marvel promptly forgot all about the damn storyline. Instead of running with it that she was a "psycho", they kinda just made her a sidekick to Venom in some of his subsequent books. The self-imposed genocide she was after regarding the symbiotes just fell outta her head, apparently...

jimmah
i would like to see more of these symbiotes maybe as spider man villains like they all form some kind of team with venom and carnage and gang up on spider man

Family_guy725
Purple symbiotes human name is leslie symbiote name Phage.
Green symbiotes host name carl(i think i always get the guys mixed up) symbiote name lasher.
Grey symbiotes name Trevor symbiote name Riot
Yellow/red name scream human name Donna.
Orange symbiote is called(um... i have no idea) human name Ramon

Next Venom_girl
Phage isn't a symbiote but a symbiote-eating monster.

Donna- yellow-red (Scream) apparently was "hearing voices" even before she bonded with a symbiote. She becomes good in later series (helping other symbiotes and saves some kids) before disappearing into villain limbo.
Leslie- purple-pink (fan name Screech) had some kind of alternate motive for bonding with the symbiote.
Carl- yellow-orange (fan name: Rampage), and had the ability to generate "blades" like Carnage but etched with some kind of acid. He and Donna led the group of LF syms.
Trevor- gray-brown (fan name: Riot)
Ramon- green (fan name: Lasher) Always had these big tendrils coming out of his back.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/496/screambighair9lc.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4365/lasher36ib.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9396/rampage1yb.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5607/riot3py.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/120/screech34vn.jpg

jinzin
i always liked the actual riot symbiote.. he had four arms and was as big as a house...

doctorstrongbad
Yeah its too bad marvel just got rid of all of these spawns.

Family_guy725
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Phage isn't a symbiote but a symbiote-eating monster.

Donna- yellow-red (Scream) apparently was "hearing voices" even before she bonded with a symbiote. She becomes good in later series (helping other symbiotes and saves some kids) before disappearing into villain limbo.
Leslie- purple-pink (fan name Screech) had some kind of alternate motive for bonding with the symbiote.
Carl- yellow-orange (fan name: Rampage), and had the ability to generate "blades" like Carnage but etched with some kind of acid. He and Donna led the group of LF syms.
Trevor- gray-brown (fan name: Riot)
Ramon- green (fan name: Lasher) Always had these big tendrils coming out of his back.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/496/screambighair9lc.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4365/lasher36ib.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9396/rampage1yb.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5607/riot3py.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/120/screech34vn.jpg
ok whatever i always get these people mixed up i read to many comics oh i got lasher and rampages human name mixed up

kiekan
Actually, thats understandable... there was an editing/art error in the final issue of Seperation Anxiety. Throughout the first three issues, we see that 'Rampage' is Carl. Yet, in the final issue of the arc, they messed up and drew 'Lasher' with Carl's head (basically, when they show the Symbiote flow away from his head, revealing the host, its the wrong guy.... Carl actually gets killed earlier, and it should Ramon, who is some blonde guy who reminds me of Guile from Street Fighter (because of his lame flat-top hairdo)).

I'll try to get scans soon to further explain what I mean.

pingpong1115
does anyone know how spiderman bonded with carnage and if so can u show a pic plz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.