Cirque Du Freak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spanky420
umm wut do u think of the books?woos yur favorite charactor and why?what was your favorite book so far?i dont care wut u people talk about!!!

spanky420
fine NOBODY COME HERE!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

FunkiFeline
Favourite character - Mr Crepsley...dunno why, just think he's cool

I'm not sure what my favourite book is...i quite liked vampire prince

These books are some of the best i've read. I recommend them to anyone who likes something different smile

fuct_up_kid
nuh-uh...mr crepsley freaked me out biiiig time. he was just...i dunno...icky. i liked evra...and yeah i really loved the books. biiig rip off of interview with the vampire though, lol!

KnIvEs-03
Dude, Vancha March owns! >.< buuuut I think it sux arse that something bad happens to Mr. Crepsley in book 9 I can't wait to see who Harkat Mulds is in book # 10 ^^ I think Vancha March was the best so far tho Harkat owns too and Darren seeing Debbie again thats some crazy shiz. ( I read 8 and 9 and am getting 10 and 11 soon they are from england the covers from england own the american ones also >.&ltwink

baldwin12
If you know if and when they are comming out with the movie(s) for cirque du freak the book series email me at [email protected]

Thank you very much,
Me

crazy_c
ooh a movie. I've read teh first three but I didn't really like them that much, I don't know why. Maybe it's because nothing good ever really happens to him *shrugs* I'll probably read the rest eventually though.

L49_JoaquinLovr
I just read this book last month! *has heart attack*

This book r0x ass dude. Its one of the best books of all time. Our stupid idiotic library doesnt have the 2nd book to it, so when it ended the way it did and talked about the other books after that I got majorly majorly pissed.

Darth Nauj
very good series thumb up

Cedric32
I'm absolutely obsessed with the Cirque Du Freak series! Its such a great series, each book leaves you thirsty for more. I cant wait till the next book comes out, I wanted to ask my father to ask his relatives in england to send me the books that have come out there, but they are probably written in different slang or whatever. My favorite character, besides Darren, would have to be Vancha. He is so hilarious. He makes the books even better.
I cant not believe they killed off Crepsley, that ruins the series. Without Mr. Crepsley Darren will make stupid decisions. The 9th book pissed me off. I hate Steve, hes such a moron! I think the only good thing that happened in the book was Debbie survived. She better be in the rest of the series.
So whats this with them making a trilogy of the first three books, that pretty cool. I wonder who will be Darren. All I know is that its coming out in 2007, if you know anything else on it post it in.
Not that many people i know are really into the series. I've been tryin to get some of my friends into them. Two of them that agreed to take a look at them, fell in love with the books. So hopefully more will agree to read them.
I was looking at Q and A for Darren, and he said he was only making 12...but i was looking at all the different covers, and there were 16 different books. Anyone want to fill me in on what the truth is?
I would have to say that book 5 is my favorite of the series. It was actually the first one I read. I was in maine on vacation, it was a pretty cruddy week to be in maine so i decided to go to the book store and check out some books. The title caught my eye, Trials of Death...i was in a weird stage then. Then saw the quote from J.K. Rowling and thought that it must be good. Then I saw that it was the 5th book of a series, but I couldn't find the first 4. I decided to buy it anyway, I was a little lost...but it was a great book anyway.

ruskipatson
im osessed with this series and no offence but i think im more informed than som in this forum. in england there are not only 16 books out . the have about 23- 25 there. also there was supposed to be a movie about the books but i heard that it was either postponed or canceled altogether

XcheriosXL
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
I just read this book last month! *has heart attack*

This book r0x ass dude. Its one of the best books of all time. Our stupid idiotic library doesnt have the 2nd book to it, so when it ended the way it did and talked about the other books after that I got majorly majorly pissed.

you think its stupid cause ur library didn't have the 2nd book?...mine didn't have the book at all!! my awsome english teacher suggested it to me and i love it!

David Sykes
I am on the Vampire Prince but they don't have that at my library

David Sykes
It really sucks, because Trials of Death had a major cliffhanger.

ala_chase
It really sux that Mr Crepsley died! I am so angry, I loved him. Vancha was also pretty cool but Debbie just annoys me, she is always so whiny. I cannot wait for the next trilogy to come out, I've already got it on order. Darren Shan Rox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Sykes
You guys should say spoiler or something. I am only on book 8 and didn't know that Crepsly dies. Thanx.

Sir Nauj
Im on book 10 already happy

Scarecrow756
It is a brilliant series I have read all 12 books. And by the way I don`t think there are 16 books in the series. By the way my favourite chracter from the series is Mr Tiny, he reminds me a bit like Darth Sedious from Star Wars.

kami953
I'm new but i LOVE this book. My favorite character is Darren. smile

Thunder Fox
(i don't know where to find the series

AlyCat
I LOVE THIS SERIS aND IM SO HAPPY ABOUT THE MOVIES COMING OUT IF SOMEONE WASNT GOING TO DO IT I WOULD MAKE IT MY LIFE GOAL TO MAKE IT A MOVIE...... TO BAD THEIR ONLY DOING 3, THE VAMPIRE PRINCE WAS MY FAV. AND EVRA IS ALSO MY FAV. BUT REALLY I LOVE EVERYONE THEY ARE ALL AMAZING!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GET THE REST OF THE BOOKS....STUPID U.S.A. TO SLOW TO GET THE BOOKS WHEN THEY COME OUT.....*PUFFS* OH WELL THE BOOK MAKES ME HAPPY INSIDE!!!

AlyCat
ha!!! im really bored and im listening to My Chemical Romance!!! Who do yall think should play the characters?i have no clue but i dont really care the books are amazing!!!! Do you think it will be anmi? i hope not i like some anmi but i dont want cirque du freak to be anmi!!

AlyCat
i love cirque du freak....but i have no clue what im doing right now?!?! so i guess ill just write even tho im in class right now okay?.... i love every character thier all amazing Darren gives them really good personallities (i cant spell) lol! to bad their only making three movies tho...i love them all!!! yeah ok well since i got that out of my system!!!

Sir Nauj
Originally posted by AlyCat
I LOVE THIS SERIS aND IM SO HAPPY ABOUT THE MOVIES COMING OUT IF SOMEONE WASNT GOING TO DO IT I WOULD MAKE IT MY LIFE GOAL TO MAKE IT A MOVIE...... TO BAD THEIR ONLY DOING 3, THE VAMPIRE PRINCE WAS MY FAV. AND EVRA IS ALSO MY FAV. BUT REALLY I LOVE EVERYONE THEY ARE ALL AMAZING!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GET THE REST OF THE BOOKS....STUPID U.S.A. TO SLOW TO GET THE BOOKS WHEN THEY COME OUT.....*PUFFS* OH WELL THE BOOK MAKES ME HAPPY INSIDE!!!
where did you hear that they were making a movie?

tigerstalk
Dude, Cirque Du Freak are for two year olds, so immature. I mean I read them when i was 6, and even then they were boring. Taking I'm 11, get straight A's and am getting special assignments because I an so bored with all of that calculus crap, its no surprise their so dumb to my eyes.
laughing out loud eek! laughing eek! laughing out loud laughing eek! smokin'

masterkit
ur 11! u have to be atleast 13 to be on here, and its on my list

tigerstalk
yeah, too bad. I'm on..
Simple as that...

. . . . . gun_bandana. bag
. . . . . Me . . .You
big grin
big grin
big grin
big grin
big grin
big grin

masterkit
Hey dont be a jerk, i could've have reported u for bein underage.

Sir Nauj
Originally posted by tigerstalk
Dude, Cirque Du Freak are for two year olds, so immature. I mean I read them when i was 6, and even then they were boring. Taking I'm 11, get straight A's and am getting special assignments because I an so bored with all of that calculus crap, its no surprise their so dumb to my eyes.
OMG I pitty you. that means your retarded and in special ed right stick out tongue

tigerstalk
very funny...
Guards! Execute him!

shan135
this is awsome the book had me rolling on the floor for hours that is the awsome power of CIRQUE DU FREAK!! rolling on floor laughing big grin XD alien

masterkit
I havent even read it yet, its on my list.

But at least the only one I have is the first big grin

tigerstalk
Okay, fine, you go ahead talk about your picture books and waste your time. It's not my problem...
bookboxingconfused
http://www.mountsaintvincent.edu/library2/book.gif

vancha33
In case u don't no harkat is... KURDA SMALT!!!!!!!!!! i'm srry 4 ruining the supprise, but i could'nt help it, again, srry!!!!!!!!!! wink

vancha33
(by the way, i'm on the 13th book)

vancha33
laughing out loud eek! laughing eek! laughing out loud laughing eek! smokin' \

duuuude calculas is what u learn i high school!!!!

vancha33
iiiiiiiiiii'mmmmmmmmm so very booooooreddddddd devil huh messed ninja

vancha33
Originally posted by spanky420
umm wut do u think of the books?woos yur favorite charactor and why?what was your favorite book so far?i dont care wut u people talk about!!!
odveisly mine is vancha. he rox my sox!!!!!

Lord Nauj
very funny...
Guards! Execute him!
shut it w3nch stick out tongue

vancha33
i agree, lord

vancha33

ur an idiot liar.

vancha33
Originally posted by ruskipatson
im osessed with this series and no offence but i think im more informed than som in this forum. in england there are not only 16 books out . the have about 23- 25 there. also there was supposed to be a movie about the books but i heard that it was either postponed or canceled altogether

ur a liar! u retard!!!! there r only 12 books in the series!

tigerstalk
Originally posted by vancha33
\

duuuude calculas is what u learn i high school!!!!

Sooooooooo? You get the idea.

Originally posted by Lord Nauj
shut it w3nch stick out tongue

No, sorry you'll just have to live with me.

ur an idiot liar.

Actually, you would be surprised.

Okay, you can argue your little ***es off but just take note that I wont be reading this thread anymore, let alone replying. So, your snide remarks aren't going to be heard.

Adios,
Happy Babbling,

Lara.

gossipgossipgossipgossipgossip

vancha33
Sooooooooo? You get the idea.

No, sorry you'll just have to live with me.

Actually, you would be surprised.

Okay, you can argue your little ***es off but just take note that I wont be reading this thread anymore, let alone replying. So, your snide remarks aren't going to be heard.

Adios,
Happy Babbling,

Lara.

gossipgossipgossipgossipgossip

u need 2 get a life

Otaku
I love these books.I read the first four in a couple of hours (quite easy)
Im reading 6 right now...but im doing months on it...just didnt really have the time...favorite character is Kurda Smahlt..hes a smart lil traitor...like me...and he owned Arra Sails even though he was a ''pacifist'' and never fought evil face

vancha33
oo im scared now. it wont be the same w/o you here. not.

your a moron

vancha33
that was 2 tiger

Solo
A friend of mine is reading this. He spends his free time bashing the author.

vancha33
kurda's preety cool

vancha33
in the 12 book... darren dies! the comes back 2 life as a little person... then dies again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone797
yeah...it's weird.war

vancha33
if any1 nows anuything about the movies plz tell me

Gothlybeautiful
I liked all the books and all the people.. big grin Happy Dance

Prince Nauj
in the 12 book... darren dies! the comes back 2 life as a little person... then dies again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didnt want to know that stick out tongue

Spoiler Tags next time

vancha33
srry bout that prince smile

vancha33
wink ;( :$

vancha33
:shoot:

vancha33
What the f**k?

vancha33
hey nauji, whats a nauji?

princegoku
i love the Darren shan books! i thought the ending of sons of destiny was a bit wierd but there you go. Crepsley is probably my fave char except darren. he just has an unexplainable coolness similar to the great Samuel L Jackson or Kakashi. anyone else agree?

vancha33
What the f**k?

forbiddenfaith
Dude I just got done reading book #9 and was shocked to find out what Mr.Crepley did...I was about to cry because I loved him so much, he was my fav. person through out the whole book. I wish he could come back but the books are VERY good I read them within hours after getting them. CAn't wait to see the movie. I WANT Don Herrie ( Don the vampire from Mad Mad house ) to play Mr.Crepley!!!

creepy crepsley
smile roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! laughing laughing out loud big grin i loved it but im wonderin if i should read the demonata what do u guys say? is it good? :/

greatscott
OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK! MY BEST FRIEND RECAMENDED IT AND I CANT PUT IT DOWN! smile My favorite chr was Mr.crepsley. sad i was realy sad about what happened in the 9th book i liked him because he was a jerk and was realy funny. the vampire prince was my favorite book (so far) cuz the ending was realy awsome!

grey fox
I despise the series.

The books are absolutely wretched. I doubt these 'childrens novels' (as they were once laughably called) would even be worth usage as toilet paper.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by XcheriosXL
you think its stupid cause ur library didn't have the 2nd book?...mine didn't have the book at all!! my awsome english teacher suggested it to me and i love it!
dd I totally forgot about this thread...and book for that matter (after graduating high school).

Damn, up until Graduation, after reading that book my sophomore year, they STILL hadn't updated and added the second book to the series..*Cry* ...so I'm left stumped and irritated.

Falloutday7241
my favorite character is mr crepsley! he soo awesome.. i just love the way he is.. and the way he talks is cool. my favorite book is the vampires assistant.
<3333333333333 Mr.Crepsley! hes the bestttt

Falloutday7241
i wannaaaaaaaaaaa marryyyy mr. crepsley! the 9th book got me sooo depressed. He the best everrr. i love that vampire

Breeze_173
i love these books big grin I've read all of them even the demonata.
eek! eek! eek! eek! I uselly think that viva la vida (the song)
reminds me of kurda cos he says stuff like the lyrics.
Eveyone u have to read all of these books so sad sad on the last book sons of destiny.

luv breeze xXx

Breeze_173
the movie is coming out on the 23rd october 2009 THIS YEAR
they are putting the first 3 books together to make the movie
john c .rily plays lartin crepsley
chris mossalogi plays darren shan
josh hutcherson plays steve reading rock wacko yes

AC/DC'S_LVR
i could never finish the books cause they were just too childish
great concept though

Breeze_173
Okii this is so weird but listen to this (well read this)

'Calm down,' Catherine shushed him, and he did. As though it were a command. Now that she could see him properly, Catherine guessed that he might be around twelve or thirteen years old. He was young enough to be her son. 'What's your name, boy?' she asked. To her surprise, the boy shook his head and mumbled, 'I don't have one.'

'I see. Well then, do you answer to any nicknames?'

'No, I don't have any.'

'Well, then. I'll call you-' she paused, thinking of names of characters in the book she was currently writing '-Hibernius. It's the name of the main character in my book, Hibernius Tall. I'm afraid I don't have any other names, so you'll have to get used to it until you pick a name of your own.'

'Hibernius Tall,' the boy echoed. 'Tall. I like it.'

'You should,' Catherine laughed. 'You are quite tall.

big grin big grin

Breeze_173
evra von and harkat are so cool. I was nearlly at the brink of crying when shancus was killed sad sad. Sorry if that was a spoiler whistle

Breeze_173
evra von >>owns it i know random hmm embarrasment

Breeze_173
Originally posted by creepy crepsley
smile roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! laughing laughing out loud big grin i loved it but im wonderin if i should read the demonata what do u guys say? is it good? :/

Yah i think u shuld read them cos ive read all 8 so far and they are awsome Happy Dance

dj slade
i cant find book 8 of demonata down here in australia.they are so slow here.

black_goku#1
Originally posted by Breeze_173
Okii this is so weird but listen to this (well read this)

'Calm down,' Catherine shushed him, and he did. As though it were a command. Now that she could see him properly, Catherine guessed that he might be around twelve or thirteen years old. He was young enough to be her son. 'What's your name, boy?' she asked. To her surprise, the boy shook his head and mumbled, 'I don't have one.'

'I see. Well then, do you answer to any nicknames?'

'No, I don't have any.'

'Well, then. I'll call you-' she paused, thinking of names of characters in the book she was currently writing '-Hibernius. It's the name of the main character in my book, Hibernius Tall. I'm afraid I don't have any other names, so you'll have to get used to it until you pick a name of your own.'

'Hibernius Tall,' the boy echoed. 'Tall. I like it.'

'You should,' Catherine laughed. 'You are quite tall.

big grin big grin
whats that from?

Prince Nauj
anyways I saw the trailer for the first book. It looks horrible. The characters dont even look like how I imagined them to be. Screw universal.

Ericadawn
I LOVED the movie!!!

So, then, I read all the books;, very awesome but strange. I can't believe everyone died except Truska and it was weird because she wasn't hooked up with Crepsley like in the film.

Dammit, I want sequels!!!

LanceWindu
I'm about to start this series. Can't wait!

Kelly_Bean
I finally got around to reading the whole series. My local library was a bit unorganized with their possession of these books but I got to read them all. I think one day I had checked out two of the books of the series and read them both all in one day and with me, that's just not normal, lol.

I really enjoyed the series and it is undoubtedly my favorite series. I will definitely read the books all over again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.