help with Butterfly effect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cowboyography
rented it last night, I really enjoyed it, anyhow I had to pick it up on VHS because Kings Soopers was out of DVD. I hear there is a really cool alternate ending, can anyone explain what happens since I didnt get to see this.

Cinemaddiction
Here's basically everything that was included in the Director's Cut, and yes, it really added alot to the movie.

There is a segment where teenage Evan stumbles upon his fathers case file, which shows that he, too, suffered from the same blackouts as Evan did. While Evan kept a journal, his father kept a photo album.

The other addition ties into the alternate ending of the Director's Cut. Evan and his mother visit a palm reader after the dinner segment. The palm reader informs Evan that he has no lifeline (the fold in your hand near your thumb?), and that he was never meant to be born. His mother explains that she had a couple of stillbirths before Evan.

Now, the ending. Evan crawls underneath the doctors chair and begins watching a home video of his mother being rushed through a the hospital, to give birth to Evan. True to what the palm reader said, Evan wasn't born in this alternate reality! The movie is all about how Kayleigh and her brother ended up actually moving back in with their mother, and in the end, Kayleigh getting married. In the theatrical version, Evan and Kayleigh met at the party, where Evan told her to stay away, thus never meeting her. This time, however, he was never even born. Crazy, crazy ending.

The other 2 alternate endings, in the deleted scenes, are basically the "corporate" versions of Evan and Kayleigh, as they pass each other outside. One, Evan truns and follows her, then fades to black. The other, they actually speak, and go out for coffee, which is weird for 2 people that never met.

Cowboyography
So he actually doesnt have to remeber anything for him to do his little thing, just visualize the moment? Does he kill himself as a baby?

Cinemaddiction
He has to have his journals in order to change Kayleigh's outcome. The alternate ending is basically Evan time travelling back to his birth, where he finds he was never born. Therefore, Kayleigh and her family never encounter Evan, who for the most part, ruined their lives by loving Kayleigh.

It's just a more extreme ending than meeting her, telling her to stay away from him, then going back to "present day".

IMO, anyway.

spidergrl
i think the most interesting one was with the birth because it explain about Evan's brothers and sisters and explained how they had the same gift so to help ppl not getting hurt etc, they go back in time and do the same thing that even does. although that is an awsome ending, i still prefer that one they had. It just shows that its nt like any other movie and that they can have different endings and it wasn't predictable. it always has that hope in it which keeps you wanting more because tou want to find out what happens etc etc

Mr Zero
Yes i can.

They completely fail to salvage any shred of credibility from this shitty trainwreck of a movie.

spidergrl
wat?? umm sure thing 'Mr Zero' - pity you don't no wat your on about. if you didn't like the movie than don't bother posting here. because its an awsome movie, !!!!

Evil Dead
1. decent enough movie.....

2. Both endings sucked hard.

3. This thread is about the movie.......people are welcome to post their opinions about it whether they are positive or negative. Get over it.

spidergrl
nah i think i'll be alright a. i wasn't even talking about you.

it was an awsum movie, so you get ova it. and both endings were wick

spidergrl
yea i no, but its an awsum movie and i dnt c hw ppl cn hate it that bad

Evil Dead
can I buy a vowel?

Mr Zero
funny . i made pee-pee.

Cinemaddiction
You know, we should really start up an admissions forum for these boards, where people would actually have to apply to post here.

But then again, what use would us 3 reamers be to this place?

tabby999
god, spidergirl looked like she was actually making some good points and ruined it by typing like a 3 year old, damn

spidergrl
sorry for typing like that - you mean slang??
just get annoyed at typing the full way - blackc@t mentioned that as well

BackFire
Why the shit is this in the horror forum?

Another question. Why is this thread open? The questions been answered, thus...closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.