Blink 182

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
what happened to these guys ?

plenTpak52
umm, they sucked

Darth Hater

Killer
they have another album coming out sometime.. but by the reaction of my best friend (long time fan)... it sucks major ass... and she is really really dissapointed

grymlock
as usual they're suck big time!!

cheers mate!!

Evil Dead
They are on their way to obscurity. All of the pop acts are dying out. Backstreet Boys........N'SYNC.......Blink 182......Britany Spears.....

I feel rock n roll is going to make a big comeback in the near future.

Killer
so is big hair

Tex
Blink 182 is pop crap! All their pathetic songs sound the same! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Killer
no.... no they don't

Killer
I'm not sticking up for them... but they don't sound the same, that's one thing i could say

Tex
They know 2 rifts and they play them non-stop stick out tongue

LindsIsTightK
Tex is right. All of their songs sound the same and they are all about 2 minutes long at the most. Just a another group of punk wannabes. Their clothes and tattoos rock harder then they do.

pablo007
Blink 182 kicked ass and their songs were hilarious and believe me when I say they weren't wanna bes. And most punk songs are short so whatever, I personally like them.

LindsIsTightK
Well everyone has thier own opinion, and that's fine wink

chico
I wouldn't say Im a fan , but they do make some funny videos!

Thing_1
I think they're ok!I personally like their new song and when their cd comes out I'm going to go get it.

blakangel
did you say you liked Linkin Park?laughing out loud

I dont mind Blink 182....the guy who I really care about is a huge blink fan and Ive learnt to appreciate their music. To say it all sounds the same is abit of a downer....because I dont think it does; also unlike alot of bands they dont whine about the same thing. They have some humerous songs and some that are more on the serious side. The balance they strike is amazing and I think because of the newer bands such as GC are knocking blink down. sad

BackFire
They are garbage rock, much like the majority of the rock music promoted by MTV

Curl_Up&Dye
They're back together and making more music, the new CD drops late november, but their new video has already hit the mtv/trl rotation. It's actually a wicked funny video, yet another by Blink that features teen rebellion. lol Happy Dance

Curl_Up&Dye
Ps- Blink 182 are golden idols in the punk rock circut...much along the lines of Dropkick Murphys, Rancid, etc...
They are still the favorite of the annual Vans Warped Tour....no matter show sh!tty everyone thinks they are.

Evil Dead
Blink 182......punk rock? You have been hit in the head one too many times. Punk is not a word used to describe how many tatoos you have or the hairstyle you choose to wear. It's a word used to describe raw, non-conformist, buck the system music. Just thought I'd let you know that.

Curl_Up&Dye
Blink 182 was considered punk rock from the early Chesire Cat and Budha days and has followed them ever since. Whether or not they deserve the title now is a completely different story. However, record labels, cd compilations, the vans warped tour...etc etc still recognize them to be a punk rock band. If you disagree, by all means, take it up with them.

And from now on...don't give me a vocab lesson. I know what punk is. And it's not just about being non-conformist, it's about doing what you want to do and not giving a sh!t what people think of it. It's not about always being i hate this and i hate that and angry all the time...people shouldn't have to always be stressed out, they need to learn to kick back and just be stupid once and a while. That's what Blink 182 does. They play the music from the heart, they have fun, and they don't give a sh!t what people think. That is punk.

mah
They suck, simple as that.

Evil Dead
Oh.....so they were punk at one time, then sold out to mainstream corporate pop rock? ........oh, okay........they are pretty much the new age Green Day then. Gotcha.

"And from now on...don't give me a vocab lesson. I know what punk is. And it's not just about being non-conformist, it's about doing what you want to do and not giving a sh!t what people think of it."

I will give you a vocabulary lesson anytime I wish now............what you just wrote IS the definition of non-conformist. It means to be yourself and not care what other people think of you.......it means you do what you want to do and cannot be changed.

BackFire
I've made more attractive sounds sitting on the toilet then these guys ever have.

Hegemon875
I like them cause they're funny stick out tongue

Punker69
Does anybody like blink 182?

SlipknoT
NO!

stinkfist462
YES ! well there old stuff was good ... after Enema Of The State hit .. all hell broke loose

Extol
NO!

Punker69
Yeah I agree.I liked enema of the state,and take off your pants and jacket..their two best cds.And I like feeling this from the new album,but thats all from the new album.THEY SUCK LIVE THO!!!I saw them on jimmy kimmel and trl doing feeling this and they just sucked!

total metalhead
two words: POP ROCK thumb down

loserib
pop punk sucks

total metalhead
pop punk? no dont call it that, it doesnt derserve the word punk.

johnny_rotten
Contrived kiddy punk...I really can't take this lot seriously.

Killer

Punker69
I like pop punk.I love sum41 NFG and I believe that they are pop punk

stinkfist462
i dont like no pop punk

but blink 182 .. i like

wicker_man
I have to admit a lot of there later stuff has not appealed to me as much as their earlier work, however there new single (Love You / Miss You something on those lines) is actually pretty good and reminds me alot of The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight.

stinkfist462
lol .. yeah .. there new cd ... is prolly there best .. and there old stuf .... be4 enema is good

Bad Boy
Theres no denying that the drummer is amazing!!!

stinkfist462
yes

Punker69
Yeah I think travis is awesome.Even tho sometimes they have bad songs and they suck live travis still does good.

stinkfist462
travis is proly the most talented person in that band ..

loserib
he is a very good drummer

stinkfist462
yeah he is ..

Darth Revan
I like blink-182. I love "Feelin' this" and "I Miss You". The latter of the two is one of my favorite songs. Enema of the State is OK--on the one hand, some of the lyrics are pretty damn funny. On the other hand, I'm glad that they've finally started taking things more seriously.. The lyrics on their new album are so dark and cool.

Hello there
The angel from my nightmare
The shadown in the background of the morgue
The unsuspecting victim
Of darkness in the valley
We can live like Jack and Sally if you want
Where you can always find me
We'll have Halloween on Christmas
And in the night we'll wish this never ends
We'll wish this never ends

god I love that song rock

Punker69
are those songs or verses?

Striel
Blink 182 is yet another band that I despise.

SAtown_punk
Travis Barker is one of the greatest punk drummers ever, and so is Cyrus Bolooki from New Found Glory. Blink 182 is a great band, and all their CD's are aweosme...Buddah, Cheshire Cat, Dude Ranch. Enema of the State, Mark, Tom, & Travis Show, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket, and Blink-182. They are all awesome.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with pop-punk. It's very fun to listen to. I love New Found Glory, Blink, Millencolin, etc. They're great bands.

And Blink 182 RULES live! I've seen them play twice, once with New Found Glory and Midtown(who is also good), and Once with Green Day. They're badass. I'm gonna go see them again when they come with No Doubt.

SAtown_punk
those were song lyrics from the opening verse of "I Mis You". Yes, that is great song, as is "Feeling This" but my fav. song on the entire album is "Easy Target".

stinkfist462
Easy Target rules .. and uhh Obvious and uhh that one song with the Cure singer and uhh that one song Stockholm Syndrome or sumthing like that

Darth Revan
Stockholm Syndrome is good

roundisfunny
I was told that the band originally called themselves "Blank 182", and that the number represented the number of times Al Pacino said the "f" word in "Scarface".

stinkfist462
there are a lot of rumors about the " 182 " .. one of them .... is thats how much .. mark wants to weigh ...

SAtown_punk
It was originally just "Blink". But an Irish band already had that name, and to prevent being sued for copyright infringement, they added the "182", which Mark said was the number of times Al Pacino says "F*CK" In Scarface.

SK88728
BLINK 182 IS THE BEST! i like their news video, I MISS YOU

PrefectRonnykin
thats odd whats it about these guys having there girlfriends leave them for another woman i love blink 182 there great

SAtown_punk
Their songs aren't really about that. Read the explanations that come with the booklet in their new CD.

Jeff_Atello
Not sell outs!

I love Blink and will always love them.

Sarah15
i love blink too...their awesome...

ElectricBugaloo
pop music.

Evy_O
I like "all the small things" no expression

VilleValo462
im kinda ashamed to say this .. but blink 182 is one of my fav bands .......

total metalhead
i hate almost everything they've done. I have two of their albums, one is below average and the other is a disgrace. but saying that i definitely prefer them over GC, NFG or Avril. and their last two singles have been pretty good.

Krabs55
I really agree with you bc what the f!ck is punk anymore. There is no real def bc everyone calls everyone a poser nowadays.

Darth Revan
Me too embarrasment embarrasment

But I really liked their last album in that I think they've grown up somewhat... I like their stupid, funny, pointless songs they've always been doing, but it's good to see them finally doing something serious with their music. Some of the lyrics actually have meaning, which is a major jump from what they were doing before.

BadBabe
no its not look it up in the dictonary it describes a style no expression

ElectricBugaloo
don't believe everything you read.

the dictionary isn't infallable

Jeff_Atello
Everything that gets played is "pop" music because "pop" simply means "popular" and there is nothing wrong with "popular" music.

There is no such thing as punk anymore. Music is an evolving thing, and as such, the bands have evolved as well. That is why bands like Good Charlotte or New Found Glory(who is my favorite band) are not punk, nor do they call themselves punk. Punk is, in fact, a feeling, or a lifestyle if you will. It is not a music genre, though I know it has been characterized as such. Now, if you have a genuine love for the music that is considered "punk" then I believe you have earned the title "punk."

I NEVER call anybody a poser unless I know them, for the simple fact that I have no idea if they really love the music or not.

Blink 182 is also one of my favorite bands, and while they may have grown up in the studio, I know for sure that their live shows are going to be just as hillarious and joke-filled as they ever were.

Krabs55
yea i feel the same way

SnakeEyes
this thread is all about Blink 182, one of the bands i like a lot, and if u do not like them please do not post here at all
People who do like it tho feel free to post anything about it!

Aini
I really like em. I have "dude ranch" and "enema of the state" and the one with the cat (can't remember the name rightnow). thumbup

spanky420
i like their old music more

SnakeEyes
yeah their older stuff i like more too, i wonder if they are gonna do another album?

furryman
old stuff, sellouts! rolleyes1

Darth Revan
I am embarrassed to say that I like blink. no expression

SnakeEyes
lol, so you are an "in the closet" blink fan?

Fearnix
ok i am not being mean but Blink suck B*lls they are not punk they are pop they try to hard to be punk THEY SUCK......

P.S sorry for bing mean and check bad brains out they are punk smile

Darth Revan
Well DUH they're not punk, is that really something we needed to be told roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously though I still like them even if they are pretty much pop

bardock
who decides how is punk and who is not?

Fearnix
punk is a style same with hip-hop and death metal

Darth Revan
Who decides who's punk and who's not? Good question, who decides what's rock, and what's hip hop, and what's pop, who decides what genre any band is? It's just like anything, you look at the characteristics of the band's music, and if they don't meet the same characteristics punk needs to have, they're not punk. Is it that hard?

Go listen to some Sex Pistols and THEN tell me blink are punk. (I don't like the Sex Pistols btw stick out tongue)

bardock
i know it is about genre but some people say band a is punk then another group says they are not. they is no other genre that bands are argued over like this. it is all opinion. i have listened to the sex pistols and they are great. just because they are better does not mean that blink is not punk. or that they are.

Fearnix
no one decides it is a style

Darth Revan
No, I still stand by my original statement... blink aren't punk. True punk is underground music, which just means they don't play it on the radio or MTV, and they rely entirely on word-of-mouth to gain support from their fans. True punk is also anti-establishment, which blink sure as hell are not. Now, there's nothing wrong with not being punk, because tbh I don't like old punk a whole lot. But blink are as far from it as you can get without being flat out pop.

i think blink is great...funny music, enjoyable music and their ya go...my favorite album of theirs is chesire cat

Victor Von Doom
Well they are pop punk I suppose, if a label must be applied. Not very keen on them anyway, bit disposable.

fuct_up_kid
i really like blink 182...and i think it's really stupid the way that people think people shouldn't listen to them just because they're not punk. did it ever occur to you that people don't have to like only one genre of music?

Alpha Centauri
You don't have to like one genre of music.

I however speak for myself when I say I don't choose to listen to lame music. Sadly for you Blink fall under that catagory with me.

-AC

fuct_up_kid
saying they're lame is your opinion. i think they're good. we're different people.

word

BackFire
They're like 40 and they sing about their first dates and other things having to do with Teens. It will be funny to see them with grey hair in a few years whining about some girl that they were on the rocks with when they were 15 years old.

fuct_up_kid
well actually if you listen to their new singles, they have a more mature sound and more mature lyrics.

BackFire
Ah< i believe it, because look how mature they seem in that sig of yours. I think I see some grey hairs on that guys head on the right.

fuct_up_kid
aah...this wouldn't be the mighty backfire judging by appearance would it?

BackFire
Of course it would, I do it all the time. I think appearence is one of the easiest ways to judge a person.

DaRk Lotus
I like Adam song But there new stuff good I like it But thats my own opinoin not yours.

Fearnix
my younger brother is more mature and has more musical talent

fuct_up_kid
laughing fair nuff

SnakeEyes
that is them from 2001 btw. They are a lot more mature and do not talk about dating anymore. And u were saying how they were 40 and talking about first dates? no when they started they were teenagers so it was ok for that, now they are in their very early thirties and therefore are more mature. Mark and Tom i think are both married and have kids.

musicworshiper
blink kicks ass, "adam's song" is a personal favorite...

Sarah15
blink is awesome...their one of my favorite bands..."adam's song is one of my favoirtes too...

fuct_up_kid
i love "dysentary gary"

SeptemberRain
I dont like Blink, The only song i like of theres is "I miss you"

Deathblow
Same here. I hate absolutely everything they've ever put their name too apart from that one song.

Broken_Johnson
Blink is one of the worst wannabe punk bands I've heard... I mean they are right up there with NFG, Good Charlotte, and Avril.... and doesn't anyone find it disturbing that 40 year olds are still singing about highschool?

Deathblow
Sheesh...i think they're a lil better than GC & Avril and NFG. I mean those guys aint even rock. Blink may be pop rock at its purest, but at least they can be referred to as rock...

SeptemberRain
I agree with DB

Darth Revan
NFG, GC, and Avril are all MUCH worse than blink... Even if you don't like 'em, I still don't understand how you can say they're as bad as those other guys...

Fearnix
i agree no blink are worst coz they think they are punk when they are just shit and are as punk as hotdogs

fuct_up_kid
heard of punctuation?

Fearnix
yes....but do i use it no but anyway whats with the name you dont sound like a ****ed up kid you sound like a 27 year old who trys to act cool on the internet because you have no friends in real life

fuct_up_kid
laughing wow...very bad sense of judgement there honey. fuct up kid is a mest song.

Fearnix
they arent ****ed up either they try to hard to be clased as alternative

fuct_up_kid
i never said they were...flamin hell!!!

Fearnix
sorry i am realy pissed off thats why i am having a go at you for no reason

fuct_up_kid
it's ok, i do that all the time

Fearnix
big grin what do mest sound like?

fuct_up_kid
uum...*shrug*
lol i can't explain stuff like that.

Fearnix
oh they look kinnda pop no offence

SnakeEyes
people do not seem to grasp the concept that Blink started singing about "dating" and all of that stuff when they WERE teenagers!!!
Also that they do not sing about any of that stuff any more. They are not 40 and i doubt anyone here who strongly dislikes the band has heard a lot of their music. Happy Dance

SnakeEyes
so there! all of u fools that come to a thread that they do not like jsut to start something bad!

Fearnix
Bad like michael jackson??

SnakeEyes
even worse!

tabby999
i dunno, i think travis is the best drummer in the punk (yeah i said he's punk and i dont care who knows wink) at the moment. and their new album is good too, much better than their last outing

fuct_up_kid
^i like your attitude stick out tongue

Fearnix
he is not the best punk drummer Earl Hudson from Bad brains

fuct_up_kid
if ya have msn or aim i can send you a song.

Fearnix
ok smile

Jason Wyngarde
he is not the best punk drummer Earl Hudson from Bad brains

who the hell is that guy. he cant be that good i mean barely anyone knows who he is.

SnakeEyes
yeah i have never heard of them before.
Did all of u guys no that Travis had to learn how to play all of Blink 182's songs that they were gonna play for a show in 45 minutes. That shows that he is a damn good drummer. Plus he just has skill if u listen to their music.

SnakeEyes
but if u still think he sucks at drumming be my guest!

Black Onyx
i love blink embarrasment

Black Onyx
travis is so sexiee droolio

el_barto
I used to like Blink182 but not as much any more.

Black Onyx
there new stuff isnt as good as the old stuff but i really do like "down"

Darth Revan
I actually like their new album better than their others. Seems more mature and less kiddie if you know what I mean.

Travis is the most talented out of the four... I almost wish Travis would leave blink and branch out on his own, because IMO he has the potential to be pretty damn successful if he'd find a new band. However, he's not that good when you compare him to some truly great drummers... Dave Grohl... John Bonham...

tabby999
i didn't say he was, i said i THINK he is, it was my opinion
oh and darth, theres only 3 of them in the band.

SnakeEyes
There are only 3 band members. But what do u mean successful? the guy is freakin rich and has a girlfriend and big house! he has traveled the world and gets to hang out with his friends all the time for a living. That is success to me!

Darth Revan
Sorry, I knew there were only three guys in the band, just wasn't thinking I guess. I know successful was the wrong word to use, the problem is that I'm not sure what word can describe what I'm talking about... I mean that I think he could have a band that is actually respected in the world of alternative music. Plenty of people like blink, but these are the same people who listen to Good Charlotte and call it punk. In other words, people that know next to nothing about rock.

Df02
Travis is the drummer for Transplants aswell....pretty respected band surely

Darth Revan
Really? Didn't know that, have to check them out...

Df02
Punk band with the guys from Rancid i think

Fearnix
sorry i misinterpreted what you said tabby999 embarrasment

Black Onyx
i have travis barker brand drumsticks droolio hes my inspiration

Fearnix
i would not rate travis as a great drummer

Black Onyx
no expression

plenTpak52
Who cares? Punk died in the 80's