VBulletin Question :)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

All_For_Orlando
Is VBulletin free? I checked out vbulletin.com and im not sure you have to pay to create one of the boards or what. Im trying to transfer a ********* site to vbulletin and i was just wonderin'....

LilKitty
Well Raz will know better, but as far as i know, v.bulletin is not free. Why? Because its quality!

All_For_Orlando
Yeah, this looks TOO good to be free but i was j/w sad lol

yerssot
rest assure, it's not free and it is expensive

vBulletin Leased License (lasts one year) is $85
vBulletin Owned License (unlimited amount of time) is $160

further you have vBulletin Leased License (branding free option (that will allow you to remove all Jelsoft/vBulletin references from the product) and professional installation (where a Jelsoft team member will install the software onto your server)) 135 and 120 bucks
and telephone support if you go premium from 60 to 300 bucks

then we haven't mentioned the servers, which need to accept php, mysql etc. and those servers don't come cheap either...

so... now you know it's not free and why we have ads here wink

All_For_Orlando
Holy cow! I didnt know it was that much! So much for transfering my board! LOL. But this site looks nice enough.

Silver Stardust
To set up a board using vbulletin or something similar, you have to have your own server space -- the majority of free servers don't allow PHP and MySQL, which you need to run a board like this. And vbulletin you need to pay for, so it's not free. My server came with Invision board pre-installed on it, so I lucked out.

So to set up a good message board, you're going to have to shell out some cash.

yerssot
well, you can take the one year licenced one for 85 (see if it picks up speed and then buy a new licenced or go for a owned one)

leave the leased licence and telephone support and it's already a lot cheaper... problem is finding a host of course

All_For_Orlando
I noticed that! Well ill stick to my crap for a while, until i can find somethin else.

Silver Stardust
I know of a lot of decent hosts that aren't too expensive...my server plus one year registration for my domain name was $48 a year.

All_For_Orlando
That aint too bad. The board im hosting from is completely free but you have to pay to remove ads....how exciting lol. It doesnt matter though.

Spider-Girl
It's that much!? jawdrop

So much for creating mine! my job doesn't shell in that much cash no

yerssot
well, if you do the the $160 owned licence it's already easier to bare

All_For_Orlando
I dont have a job, thats why i said forget it stick out tongue

yerssot
not difficult to get one

fuct_up_kid
eek! wow....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.