Quenya thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gorgoroth
Here, among ourselves, we can talk in the High-tongue.
Post a greeting, or phrase in Quenya, (not Sindarin, nor Teleri mad ), and only Quenya.
We will be a guild.
We shall be named:
Ohtar en Oionaaru
"Knights of the Eternal Flame"
Aaye! Vedui' il'er, Nae saian luume'!

Exabyte

Gorgoroth
Thn close down the thread....another ruined thread...
*beats self with blunt object*

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Vingilot
eek! Very cool, but now we can't do the quiz thingy without cheating laughing out loud

Gorgoroth
Oh well.......
It is for others to learn!!!

Exabyte
eek!

Great list happy very practical yes *quickly copies*

Thanks happy

Gorgoroth
Welcome welcome.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Exabyte
Hard to read in a forum
it's easier to download the whole list I think confused
edit *sigh* late again...

But best Quenya dictionary available happy

Gorgoroth
Hey, brun!

Exabyte
Interesting

I'm actually repeated myself

ban

Gorgoroth
I already reported him....three times....

Exabyte
Hmm I reported him, too... but only once stick out tongue

Anyways - back to topic happy

Hm, when I first started reading about the different elvish languages, I somehow never liked Quenya blink now I think it's even better than Sindarin yes

Gorgoroth
Did you get my pm, Exa?
Thanks if you did.
I reported him three times, once on this thread, one in another, and once in yet another......

Exabyte
Lol ^^

Yes, I did; am currently translating.
Only to Sindarin at the moment as I have loads to do and Sindarin works faster for me stick out tongue

Will translated this and the other thing to Quenya tomorrow.

Am currently thinking about the construction in the middle of the first sentence as several of those words are missing... but I think "being" is indeed a reason to use "to be" though its only very rarely used normally... "being" would I think be something like "nol" in sindarin What the f**k? sounds - um, wrong messed

Gorgoroth
Direct Link: Download Quenya Wordlist

Gorgoroth
For phrases: http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

Exabyte

flamewielder
exa what do u make of that attachment??? is it in quenya or some other cheap LotR wanna be??

Exabyte
Nope, that IS Quenya, and an imo quite good wordlist, too... easier to use than most others as similar words are also collected next to each other...

The only "problem" is imo that the roots for the words aren't given so that it's enough for translating to Quenya, but not for comparing languages to each other, unless you know the etymologies by heart ^^

Thanks for sharing big grin

*saves to disk*

flamewielder
youre welcome.....i was just searching thru a ton of sites and one said that it was easier then most to read....so i just looked at it and thought it looked good....but i was worried that it mite not be quenya (which is what im learning

flamewielder
I FIGURED OUT HOW TO WRITE LETTERS WITH ACCENTS....i just found out from a friend who was messing around and found out u have to write a special code for that one letter eek! but the downfall to that is that now i got to memorize them all thumb down

Exabyte
big grin big grin

What codes? There are several different ways, one for typing in general, in MSWord-documents etc, which is imo kinda complicated

Or those that are easier to remember as they have logical names, but can only be used in html-documents:

^^

Manôkhâu
How the hell do you type ALt 137? confused

Exabyte
You press the "ALT"-key - not sure if it was the left or the right one, but only one of them works... and they type "137" (on the Num-block, not the numbers beneath the F-keys!) blink

Manôkhâu
Doesn't work.

Exabyte
D'you have a normal keyboard?
And did you try it with both ALT-keys?

Manôkhâu

Manôkhâu

flamewielder
theyre is a whole list of them at dafont.com.... then go to special codes.....thats all of them

Exabyte
laughing out loud http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t305478.html laughing out loud

... thanks, Melkore big grin

Manôkhâu
stick out tongue Exactly......
shifty
Thank "Boba Fonts", not me....

flamewielder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.