Avril Lavigne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SummerSunshine
I think she rox! Her music is sooo good! I like all her songs cos they have meaning behind it.
She's cool!!
big grin

furryman
oh deary

starshine
sick sorry, my opinion

Darth Revan
meaning? what meaning? if "like omigod my boifrend left me im soooo pissed at him now so im gonna make a song about how mch i hate him an dhe needs to get out" is a meaning, then there isn't an artist on earth who doesn't write songs with meaning.

Dr. Strangelove
From MAD magazine

Avril Lavigne
A wild punk rebel, all the way
(At least that's what she's told to say).

Df02
i think i wouldnt kick her out of bed...

SummerSunshine
Ok most of her songs has meaning to it...esp on her first album..but I guess everyone interprets songs differently so I cant really say

Darth Revan
I don't see how "he was a skater boi, she said c u later boi" is meaning. Nor is "why'd u have 2 go and make things so complicated". Nor is "it's a damn cold night, I don't know who u are but im with u". Nor is anything on that album. I've read her lyrics, none of them have meaning deeper than "my ex is a complete dick so now I'm writing a song about how much my life sucked when I was with him."

Cyclops
What he said.

VENOMfan
ditto

SnakeEyes
uh huh!
her music is really poor quality if u ask me!
SummerSunshine r u a twelve year old girl because her music appeals to that age group...

spanky420
yah avril lavine is a ***** my friend went 2 see her and got backstage passes right and she was so excited and avril called my friend a poser like WTF!!!

Darth Revan
Avril calling somebody else a poser... That's pretty funny laughing

Deathblow
I really really hate the term poser, its pretentious and snobby, but saying that...she is such a poser thumb down

SummerSunshine
Excuse you!
I'm 18 and how dare you judge me by my musical taste
thats just pathetic! everyone has different kind of taste and if everyone would love the same music the world would be a boring place!!
her music is for every kind of person its just a matter of taste
you dont know me i don tknow you and quite frankly i like it that way

i dont get you ppl cos i like her music and you ppl always look for a fight i mean i dont do that if i dont like the topic its very simple DONT FREAKING COME INNIT

by the way i was reffering to her music not for who she is. im just talking bout her music

ClaraG
i LOVE avril! check my sig lol. i can't wait to go to her concert in october. i think she rocks and so does her music. and i know a lot of you hate her but i guess i don't like the music and stuff u like either, so all is fair!

fuct_up_kid
^^agree 110% yes

Victor Von Doom
That being said...she does suck.

I'd still do her.

Alpha Centauri
"I'm 18 and how dare you judge me by my musical taste
thats just pathetic! everyone has different kind of taste and if everyone would love the same music the world would be a boring place!!"

If everyone was smart, open-minded, independant and sensible enough to listen to Tool I think the world would be a better place.

If everyone (which is most) were dumb enough to think Avril Lavigne was worthy of the word "musician" then the world would be a very horrid place, which it is. See where I'm going?

The fact that you are 18 doesn't make you liking Avril more credible, it makes it worse. Had you been a 12 year old who knows nothing of music, it would have been slightly overlooked.

Avril Lavigne is terrible.

Her songs have no meaning unless her life is drastically better than yours for having bad relationships with "Sk8ter bois". And if that's the case I pity you.

-AC

SummerSunshine
"If everyone was smart, open-minded, independant and sensible enough to listen to Tool I think the world would be a better place."
Well in reality it aint that way.

"If everyone (which is most) were dumb enough to think Avril Lavigne was worthy of the word "musician" then the world would be a very horrid place, which it is. See where I'm going?"
No I don't see where YOU'RE going... why is it so hard to believe that someone can find Avril a good singer.
I don't know what kinda music YOU like but I don't see anyone here dissing them now

"The fact that you are 18 doesn't make you liking Avril more credible, it makes it worse. Had you been a 12 year old who knows nothing of music, it would have been slightly overlooked."
Now here is where YOU are wrong. Have I not made my point clear?? YOU'RE just looking for a fight. It don't matter what age I am. Everyone has DIFFERENT kind of taste...we're not all like YOU BEING AN A$$ to other people.

"Her songs have no meaning unless her life is drastically better than yours for having bad relationships with "Sk8ter bois". And if that's the case I pity you."
YOU think her songs dont have meaning I do. YOU think her music is bad, I don't.
I don't need your f0cking pity cos I don't need it. I pity YOU cos you're so closed minded, not wanting to hear other peoples opinions, wanting to hear that YOU are right.

Alpha Centauri
"Well in reality it aint that way."

*Applauds* Yes. Well done. Hence my "If". I'm glad it isn't that way coz I don't want people like you listening to Tool.

"No I don't see where YOU'RE going... why is it so hard to believe that someone can find Avril a good singer.
I don't know what kinda music YOU like but I don't see anyone here dissing them now"

1) Because she's a shit talentless poser. Fact.

2) I like Radiohead, Tool and Faith No More. You like Avril Lavigne. No one can diss the bands I like.

"Now here is where YOU are wrong. Have I not made my point clear?? YOU'RE just looking for a fight. It don't matter what age I am. Everyone has DIFFERENT kind of taste...we're not all like YOU BEING AN A$$ to other people."

Whoa whoa whoa. Don't get on your blob. I wasn't being an ass, don't take it the wrong way now. I'm just firmly outspoken as you'll come to find. I say what I feel and I don't hold back. I believe that anyone who likes Avril Lavigne or anyone talentless like her, are dumb and stupid with shit perception of what musical talent is. It isn't down to opinion, you have a RIGHT to one yes. But there is such thing as a wrong opinion or a crap opinion. As I said to someone else, pick one of the latter. Coz thinking Avril Lavigne is anything but lame is a shitty opinion.

"YOU think her songs dont have meaning I do. YOU think her music is bad, I don't.
I don't need your f0cking pity cos I don't need it. I pity YOU cos you're so closed minded, not wanting to hear other peoples opinions, wanting to hear that YOU are right."

Well let's look at this. Tell me what MEANING "Sk8ter Boi" has. By that I mean how can a song about her past boyfriend, poorly written and played, affect your life?
I'm not closed-minded. I'm very open-minded infact. That's one of my best qualities I'm told. However, there is a big difference between being open-minded and not liking shit.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. I utilised my right to have an opinion on your opinion. That's just the way it goes. In a forum you're gonna cross threads literally with people who you disagree with or agree with. Don't use the cheap way out of saying "well everything is opinion". It isn't. I couldn't care less who tells me I'm right or not. I couldn't care less if nobody liked the bands I do but me. However, due to my musical taste, depth and perception I can detect what is real talent, what is lame and what is fake. Avril is all but one. Deal with it.

Now go and watch MTV. You might be missing someone telling you who's album to buy next.

-AC

SummerSunshine
"1) Because she's a shit talentless poser. Fact.

2) I like Radiohead, Tool and Faith No More. You like Avril Lavigne. No one can diss the bands I like."
your #1 aint a fact. for YOU its a fact.
I wasnt saying they can diss ur fave bands, I said no one is dissing them. Why are you dissing othere ppls musical taste.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Don't get on your blob. I wasn't being an ass, don't take it the wrong way now. I'm just firmly outspoken as you'll come to find. I say what I feel and I don't hold back. I believe that anyone who likes Avril Lavigne or anyone talentless like her, are dumb and stupid with shit perception of what musical talent is. It isn't down to opinion, you have a RIGHT to one yes. But there is such thing as a wrong opinion or a crap opinion. As I said to someone else, pick one of the latter. Coz thinking Avril Lavigne is anything but lame is a shitty opinion."
Yeah exactly, you say what ya feel. Good for you. But sometimes ppl say too much.
"I believe that anyone who likes Avril Lavigne or anyone talentless like her, are dumb and stupid with shit perception of what musical talent is. "
Sure, that's YOUR opinion.
I mean yeh you can have ur own opinion but why all the negativity.
How do you know Avrils cds aint the only ones in my collection? What if this was all random? Have you even seen my other topics around here?

"Well let's look at this. Tell me what MEANING "Sk8ter Boi" has. By that I mean how can a song about her past boyfriend, poorly written and played, affect your life?
I'm not closed-minded. I'm very open-minded infact. That's one of my best qualities I'm told. However, there is a big difference between being open-minded and not liking shit."
I wasn't reffering to 'Sk8er Boi' only, it was in general. Ur just only focusing on that song. 'Sk8er Boi' is just a cool, up tempo song to listen to.
Lets take 'My World' for example. Now that song is such a great song when ya just wanna 'dream' away. Being in ur 'own world' just not thinking about ur problems or whatever. Thats fantastic.
But everyone interpurets songs differenlty.

"Everyone has a right to an opinion. I utilised my right to have an opinion on your opinion. That's just the way it goes. In a forum you're gonna cross threads literally with people who you disagree with or agree with. Don't use the cheap way out of saying "well everything is opinion". It isn't. I couldn't care less who tells me I'm right or not. I couldn't care less if nobody liked the bands I do but me. However, due to my musical taste, depth and perception I can detect what is real talent, what is lame and what is fake. Avril is all but one. Deal with it."
yeah I know that I'm on a forum where ppl disagree and agree but ive never been on such a forum where MOST of the people are being nasty and negative about things. I mean C'MON do you even have a heart or are you just that cold?!?!

"Now go and watch MTV. You might be missing someone telling you who's album to buy next."
Who the HELL do you think you are? You think you got me all figured out eh. I just find it amusing that people tend to know other people by talking (mosty disagreeing) on forums.
You and ur 'detecting what real talent is' messed yeeh the only thing ur good at is dissing other people, not having an opinion, NO dissing this and that. I bet you have loadsa friends...................................

You know what I'm really a nice gal, but if people are looking for 'fights' with me (and that is very rare) I defend myself.
I always say treat people the way you would like to be treated...I can see how you like to be treated.

Alpha Centauri
"your #1 aint a fact. for YOU its a fact.
I wasnt saying they can diss ur fave bands, I said no one is dissing them. Why are you dissing othere ppls musical taste"

Yes, it is a fact. I never said anyone was dissing them, I just said that no one could. And I'm not dissing others musical tastes. I'm dissing you TASTE on this case. That being Avril Lavigne. I would openly give anyone the right to diss mine if they wanted to. Freedom of speech and I execute that right.

"Yeah exactly, you say what ya feel. Good for you. But sometimes ppl say too much."

IF.....IF you are referring to me, who are you or anyone to say who says too much?

""I believe that anyone who likes Avril Lavigne or anyone talentless like her, are dumb and stupid with shit perception of what musical talent is. "
Sure, that's YOUR opinion.
I mean yeh you can have ur own opinion but why all the negativity.
How do you know Avrils cds aint the only ones in my collection? What if this was all random? Have you even seen my other topics around here?"

Well to me, someone who appreciates Avril Lavigne as a talented musician which she is not, therefore has no CREDIBLE musical opinion. If you wanna get down into a debate of what makes musical talent I can reel of a list of musically talented artists and show you that Avril Lavigne is not one of them.

"Lets take 'My World' for example. Now that song is such a great song when ya just wanna 'dream' away. Being in ur 'own world' just not thinking about ur problems or whatever. Thats fantastic. "

You needed an Avril Lavigne song to help you realise you could do this? Exactly my point.

"I mean C'MON do you even have a heart or are you just that cold?!?!"

Hahahahahaha oh jeez! Stop being such a goddamn drama queen. No heart. I'm dissing a talentless fool who you feel has talent, it's not heartless. Hahaha that was funny.

"Who the HELL do you think you are? You think you got me all figured out eh. I just find it amusing that people tend to know other people by talking (mosty disagreeing) on forums.
You and ur 'detecting what real talent is' yeeh the only thing ur good at is dissing other people, not having an opinion, NO dissing this and that. I bet you have loadsa friends...................................

You know what I'm really a nice gal, but if people are looking for 'fights' with me (and that is very rare) I defend myself.
I always say treat people the way you would like to be treated...I can see how you like to be treated."

-I know who I am, no need to think.
-I don't think I've got you all figured out, no. I just poked major fun at you for liking shit music.
-I know what real talent is, yes I do. But I've said before, if you wanna open a thread called "Real Musical Talent", I'll go toe to toe with you. I wont lose, know that smile.
-I haven't dissed anyone, just your musical taste. If you took it personal then that's your problem coz I didn't intend it as personal. Just chat on a forum to me.
-I have 104 friends.
-I'm not disputing the fact that you may be a nice girl really, you're blowing this out of proportion. However if that little "I can see how you would like to be treated" thing, was a threat. Please, by all means give it your best shot. I've been a member of many forums and all of them have been full of people who thought they could outsmart, out debate and out wit me. Never happened yet.

I'm looking for no long gruelling feud. I like this forum. So how you choose to reply is up to you. I don't believe I've said anything venomous or hostile above.

Have a good one.

-AC

blackwidowlover
she is beautiful
and that is the extent of her talent

sorry my opinion.

and she has the same color eyes as i do smile

I think she should go for modling or acting or something
she can cum up with catchy tunes but she will never make it againt evenesance

AMY LEE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alpha Centauri
Amy Lee is one of the biggest posers around.

Pretends to be sad and angsty in her songs then shows up at MTV Awards full of smiles saying how happy she is to be there.

Amy Lee also uses Pro-Tools on her songs more heavily than most. Most of what you hear on TV and Radio isn't her. But engineering.

Avril will never be Evanescence, Evanescence will never be Lacuna Coil, Lacuna Coil will never be Nightwish. In that order.

-AC

Darth Revan
Avril lacks any musical talent, as does Amy Lee... Her voice is a little nicer than Avril's, but other than that there's no difference.

I hate the word "poser", simply because I hate it when people group each other into different "types"... "goth", "punk", "skater", etc. But if there is such a thing as a poser, Avril is just that.

About this "dreaming away" thing, I can say that I like to do that myself. But I don't need to listen to a song about it to know how to do it. When I want to feel like that, and I really need music to go with my mood, I listen to Sublime or Incubus. Incubus aren't the greatest band, but they have some good songs. And Sublime just plain rock.

But since we're on the topic of lyrics with meaning:

Tool- Eulogy

He had alot to say.
He had alot of nothing to say.
We'll miss him.
We'll miss him.

He had alot to say.
We'll miss him.
We're gonna miss him
We're gonna miss him

So long.
We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.
Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice that was strong and loud.
We'll miss him.
We'll miss him.

Ranting and pointing his finger
At everything but his heart.
We'll miss him.
We'll miss him.
We're gonna miss him.
We're gonna miss him.

No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me,
Like I care at all.

But you were so loud.
You sure could yell.
You took a stand on every little thing
And so loud.

"I'm too smart when you're invisible by the bone and the symbol on you. So he bashes his skull through the window while over looking the sea. Twilight amber ego. We were amused by this"

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice that was strong and loud and I
Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so
Eager to identify with
Someone above the ground,
Someone who seemed to feel the same,
Someone prepared to lead the way, with
Someone who would die for me.

Will you? Will you now?
Would you die for me?
Don't you ****in lie.

Don't you step out of line.
Don't you ****in lie.

You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.
Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own
eulogy?

He had alot to say.
He had alot to say.

Come down.
Get off your ****in cross.
We need the ****in space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.
You must be crucified
For our sins and our lies.
Goodbye!!!

TheRealistKilla
her music sux but i would totaly tear the p*$$y up.

twigNig
LoL..... you're joking right?

Oh and Darth Revan, I appreciate your refrences to Tool *wink*

Dr. Strangelove
OK Hannibal Lecter wink

TheRealistKilla
<<<< p.p.e

TheRealistKilla
PROFESSENIAL

P****

Eater

Dr. Strangelove
A professenial Penis eater!

OMG Im going to throw up!!!thumbdown

SummerSunshine
I dont even read the replies no more. Not worth it.

Victor Von Doom
Course it is, disagreements are just part of discussion, don't sweat them.

Darth Revan
She has a point, reading TRK's replies is pointless.

Black Onyx
laughing

Victor Von Doom
I'd say boning her is a lot less pointless than listening to her music...

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahaha. I actually laughed. I agree.

-AC

SummerSunshine
Oh talking bout the devil...guess whos on the radio HEHE laughing

yerssot
george bush?

SummerSunshine
disgust

Alpha Centauri
"george bush?"

Both of the people in question are ruining the world either way.

-AC

punkyhermy
avril.....
hmm i was a fan before untill my eyes opened..
then i was like whoa!!!!!!!
"a fake punk"..
she loves insulting people, like she does to duff( i don't like her either), now that is not cool! she is a fake wannabe, who is very bratty and very immature, she copies other singers. are these music companies like 'desperate' for teen wannabes, gosh they can just reject them...
i mean look at avril, she has no voice to sing with, look at hil duff, she is also in the same condition....
and now JOJO gosh hate that ...... wannabe!!!!!!!!!
they are soooo lame....
i HATE AVRIL!
IMO so who ever loves her i cant say anything coz you are a fan and you guys have different music taste!

TheRealistKilla
profesional pu$$y eater.

Broken_Johnson
AHHHHHHHHH There is a whole page about Avril? She is the fakest musician I have heard in a long time! She is a loser and an insult to all that is really punk out there... how could anyone just sit around and listen to her without wanting to throw up or kill someone? Not only is her "music" NOT punk its not even good pop music! It's horrible, you guys need to wake up and realize that... I mean how could you be convinced that someone who includes 12 pictures (not including the fold out poster) along with her cd isnt all about being a manufactured image??? Uck.. it makes me sick just thinking about it...

musicworshiper
avril livigne aint all bad, she has some decent ones, and has a hellatously nice voice

Darth Revan
You know what the Offspring say... "the world needs wannabes, the world loves wannabes, let's get some more wannabes, hey hey do that brand new thing!!"

Broken_Johnson
Well... I think Avril is one wannabe the world shouldn't have to deal with, lol. I mean it is bad enough that people have to come up with labels for themselves to make them feel like they have some amount of worth... but to label yourself something that your not.... *holds back the vomit*

Darth Revan
Yeah, I know, I was just joking... I agree with you yes

Broken_Johnson
It's kind of pathetic how people defend Avril like that... well I guess that goes to show that MTVs brainwashing is having some effect...... but I am really tired of Hyper, girly, Avril fans slapping on some rubber bracelets and a tie calling themselves punk... I mean, I don't like using labels and even if I did I wouldn't even consider myself punk... but it is still offensive O.o

Darth Revan
yes I don't like labels either, but being punk is about your attitude towards life... not how you dress.

Broken_Johnson
EXACTLY.... I couldnt agree with you more wink

Alpha Centauri
"avril livigne aint all bad, she has some decent ones, and has a hellatously nice voice"

It's ok, you've just forgotten how to perceive correctly. Take a deep breath, listen to it again and realise it is nothing more than a piece of steamy, fat maggot-ridden excrement on a record.

"IMO so who ever loves her i cant say anything coz you are a fan and you guys have different music taste!"

Why do people say this? Yes, yes you can say something. Avril Lavigne is shit and whoever likes her is shit for liking her. You're allowed to say it so speak your mind.

-AC

Broken_Johnson
Thats not right though, you can't call someone a piece of shit just because they have a different opinion! Sure, I hate Avril and everything the MISrepresents... and sure I think it isn't right to listen to her, but I'm not going to say that everyone who does is as bad as her. Some people like that kind of music and you can't condem them for it. Now, people who listen to Avril and then claim to be punk, they are pieces of shit, lol. But seriously, have an open mind, everyone can't have your opinion...

Victor Von Doom
It's not 'wrong' to listen to her. Nor is it wrong to read Harry Potter novels. People just have different levels of taste in areas of different importance to them. To most people, music is just a noise in the background.

Pamela
Oh I like 'Don't tell me' and 'My happy ending'! those are wdk!

Fearnix
i was reading my sisters girl mag a while ago and saw a interview with her and she was saying that she was a skater punk who dose not sing shity pop songs. laughing laughing laughing

Freddy Lover
She's not a poser she's just terrible at singing live.

BloomBabyGirl
no hun shes a "poser" as yall punks say. i would say she just tryin to hard to be but she aint

PrefectRonnykin
she seriously has somthing up her ass shes such a pussy people go to her concerts and support her and she ****ing yells at them to get a life and shit i mean really lady

SlipknoT
She should do us all a favor and commit suicide

Freddy Lover
well...i'm not a punk goth rock person...i'm a freddy loving ******* who only has one friend in this screwed up world. And that's the Spearhead guy. sad

PrefectRonnykin
punk died with sid and nancy erm

Punkyhermy
Avril Lavigne. Just seeing the name sends a trickle of pure disgust down my spine. Why, you ask? I mean, her songs are so deep! Her clothes are so cute! She doesn't care what anyone thinks of her! She's like, totally punk rawk! Well, my little brainwashed ones, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree. Let's see...where shall we start?

Avril Lavigne is a pop singer feeding off of the new punk trend. Apparently, she (along with all her fans) missed the bulletin notifying those of us whose minds aren't quite as impressionable that dressing in every article of clothing ever put out by Hot Topic does not make you punk. Clothing should not define a musician's style. Rather (and here's a real challenging idea for you), their MUSIC should. Yet, the brainless youth of America continues to eat it up, as they do with anything and everything they're spoon-fed by the media, top 40 radio, and the sadistic, brainwashing, greedy trend whores better known as MTV executives.

In a recent magazine article, Avril proclaimed, "I don't write 'Oh-baby-baby' songs. I'm a skater punk who writes guitar driven rock." Yet one listen of the record proves otherwise. It is an album of mostly slower, pop-rock tunes that would have felt at home on Mandy Moore's latest record. Avril can't seem to understand that, as much as she tries to give off a different image with what she wears, she is a POP singer. Uh-oh, here comes the retort from angry Avril worshippers.

"She's not pop! She's rock! And she writes songs and plays guitar!"

Calm yourselves, kiddies. This attack has only just begun. Stay with me as I dissect Avril's music, image, fakeness, and hypocrisy.

Annoyance #One: Avril the Songwriter

In J-14's August issue, Avril explained her songwriting process. "Once I sit down with the guitar, I write about what I'm feeling that day." However, in the July 1st edition of Time Magazine, Ms. Lavigne admitted, "I sit down with a guitar player usually."

A guitar player. As in someone who is not her playing the guitar. Which is it, Avril? Furthermore, a look at the songwriting credits on her CD will reveal that each song was cowritten with a multitude of professional songwriters. Anyone can spit out a couple rhyming sentences, maybe even a melody here or there, when they're being guided by experts. (Britney Spears did it- is it necessary for me to say much more?) One can't help but wonder just how much of those songs was written by Avril. Yet, in that same J-14 article, she claimed, "I wrote all those songs when I was sixteen." The credits tell otherwise, and somehow I'm not buying the Avril-did-it-all version of the story.

Don't get too angry just yet. There's nothing wrong with receiving some help writing songs. However, Avril is being touted as some guitar-playing, songwriting prodigy when, in reality, she's not the only force behind those tracks. But that's what sells, so I guess that makes it alright to lie, exaggerate, and present yourself as some virtuoso.

Annoyance #Two: Avril the Guitar Player

It's pretty impossible to read an article on Avril Lavigne that doesn't mention Michelle Branch. In fact, a recent article in YM stated, "She rocks harder on the guitar than Michelle Branch." Remember that trickle of disgust flowing down my spine? There it is again. You see, Michelle Branch got her big break when she opened up for Hanson- just her, a guitar, and some undeniable raw talent. When performing, be it for TV, a live concert, a radio show, whatever- she always plays her guitar.

That's not the case with Lavigne. In numerous pictures of the singer (and I stress singer, not musician) performing, as well as the television appearances I've seen, Avril merely sings. In her acoustic sessions with AOL, she sang while a member of her band strummed along on acoustic guitar. Any half-decent musician who constantly states that she plays guitar would have proven herself then and there. A CDNow.com article reviewing a recent Avril performance mentioned that she strapped on the guitar for one song, claiming, "I suck." If someone like Britney Spears or Mandy Moore, who call themselves singers/entertainers and not musicians, played guitar for one song during a concert, I'd be impressed. Yet Avril constantly talks about how she plays guitar...why wouldn't she play it live? There's simply no excuse. And playing the few chords that she does know does not constitute a true musician. Furthermore, a look at the album credits show that Avril played guitar for only ONE song. Now that's a real guitar player.

Punkyhermy

Punkyhermy
Annoyance #Six: Avril the Packaged Product

Unless you're living in Tanzania, you've probably noticed that punk music is edging back into the mainstream. The demand for Britney and NSYNC is down and this means less money for the music execs who buy their Porsches and mansions with money made from teen stars. Time for a new plan. It amazes me that so few people see through this. Avril is dressed in Dickies, ties, studded jewelery, Chuck Taylors- most of which isn't usually worn by the pop fans. Furthermore, she's being hyped up as the songwriter/guitarist that I attacked earlier. She calls herself a skater punk, categorizes her music as rock and punk, poses in pictures with a skateboard...yet her music is anything but what such fashion would suggest. Being punk does not come from wearing the right thing. However the image is helping her to sell more records because it's what's popular now. One look through any teen magazine will reveal models dressed in clothing just like hers.

And let's not forget the fake tattoos she wears on her arms. Cause that's like, ya know, sooo totally hardcore. Let me go draw a big skull and crossbones on my arm so that I can be punk too. Please.

Yet another thing adding to her image that sells so well- upon visit to her official website, "Sk8er Boi," the only remotely faster rock song on the album, begins blaring. Obviously, they want the visitors to form an impression of Avril's music based on that song, when in reality, the rest of the album simply doesn't sound like that.

Avril Lavigne just seems fake, plain and simple. She tries to pull off this tormented, wounded puppy look in the "Complicated" video. She emphasizes her songwriting and guitar playing, yet had numerous songwriters work on her album, while the guitar is rarely strapped around her body when the music is live.

A member of an Anti-Avril community on Live Journal pointed out, "And if she takes all this time trying to label all of her music, she probably isn't what she says she is, cause she has to prove everything through her clothes. Your personality should come from the music you create, and if you are that pathetic to keep on classifying it, might as well forget it." Well done. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Punkyhermy
okay people!!!!
THIS ARTICLE IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME!!!
I FOUND THIS ARTICLE AND I JUST LOVE IT!

PrefectRonnykin
i dont hate her

i dont hate anybody

Alpha Centauri
So hilarious how people are just realising all this now. When I heard her first single I knew each and everything written in that article.

-AC

Pamela
wooah ppl are ya'll 'discussing' again confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

Punkyhermy
yeah!
don't you think this article is great!
this just says my mind...

Pamela
how can u say such nasty thing?!?!
if u dont like her fine ur choice but dont go saying things like that

lil bitchiness
I dont like her or her songs.

The most annoying thing is that she was ment to be a country singer originaly, then they told her to go all rockish. no expression

Dr. Strangelove
Great article, it had every reason of why I hate that wannabe *****.

Alpha Centauri
"how can u say such nasty thing?!?!
if u dont like her fine ur choice but dont go saying things like that"

A) Typing the corresponding letters usually results in words and then sentances.

B) Her loss isn't exactly a dent to the human race. I can safely say I would ****ing laugh my head off if she committed suicide.

-AC

periera
LOL! I've said that exact same sentence soo damn many times.
big grin
But seriously...she is a dumb whore.
(and a poser)

Pamela
Im seriously getting sick and tired of you ppl who keep saying negative things
just fOcking stop it get out of the fOcking topic for god sakes

Punkyhermy
hey...
ok...
i know how you feel...
u can keep liking her...
its just that haters get sooo pissed that they have to discuss this with other haters...
but that doesn't stop you to chat with avril lovers....
you can voice you'r opinions too... but let the haters voice their own opinions.... smile

I HATE AVRIL!!!!!

amity75
Listen, she's not gonna last forever and her current album will be her last. In a few years she'll look back and cringe although she'll have a few million in the bank to make it seem better.

Alpha Centauri
I don't hate Avril. She isn't worthy of my hate.

-AC

Elektra_lover
I dont like her but you really are an ass

Alpha Centauri
"I dont like her but you really are an ass"

Interesting how everyone sees fit to call me names and then brands me the one being an ass.

I'm not dissing you or anyone connected to you so why does it matter?

You calling me an ass is an extremely miniscule burden to bear for being honest and saying what I believe.

Ask yourself this question, seriously:

If Avril Lavigne died tomorrow, how would the WORLD be affected?

It wouldn't. It would be one less moron though. So however minute, it would be a plus.

Let's stop the petty name calling children.

-AC

Elektra_lover
you said you would laugh

Alpha Centauri
Yeah coz I would. Still doesn't effect you does it? No. So why call me names?

If you don't like it, fine. No one's asking you to laugh with me.

-AC

SlipknoT
yea you cant call him an ass because his opinion is diferent than yours, but you can critticize his opinion though

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

Elektra_lover
Hes an ass for saying he would laugh at someones death

Alpha Centauri
If you have a happy-go-lucky outlook and value of life, that's the way you live. Death is no major thing to me. It's as much a part of life as life itself. So if you're offended by me saying it, don't look for an apology, you're just easily offended.

I'm not ramming in down your throat, I said it once and you're making a big thing.

If Avril died tomorrow, my day wouldn't change. My life wouldn't be altered.

Would I laugh at her death? Yes. Why? Coz I think she's pathetic.

Oh and before you reply "Well I think you're pathetic, I'll laugh at your death", don't. Coz I'll just say, "Do what you like." You are free to do and say whatever you wish, as I am.

If you don't agree, I respect that. You got yourself banned once Elektra_lover, don't run off at the mouth and get it done again.

-AC

Elektra_lover
Last time it was for fighting w/ a mod. Last time I cheked your not a mod

Alpha Centauri
Member bashing isn't allowed.

What I really don't get is this.

I diss a celebrity, you go completely off handle and take vast personal offense to it. Why?

If you don't agree with my views, then shit, that's fine with me. I'm not forcing them down your throat. Stop being such a drama queen.

I'm ending this here. If you still wish to call me heartless or tell me you despise me, do it via PM.

-AC

Elektra_lover
YOU SAID YOU WOULD LAUGH AT HER DEATH!!!HOW COLD IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Alpha Centauri
It's cold. So what? Life is cold. Get used to it. I'm not asking you to agree with me or follow my views but I'll type it spaced out for you on a separate line.

You think that it's ****ed up and wrong and all that right? Ok good. That's your view and you can keep it. I wont try to convince you otherwise.

Now you've let me know how you feel, why don't we just drop it? Yes?

Good. Goddamn.....some people.

-AC

BackFire
Elektra, he has a right to his opinion, it may be cold, and it may be offensive to you, but he hasn't put YOU down in any way, so stop harrasing him about it. I don't want to see anymore bickering about this. Let it be.

Aini
the article is great. since I saw her the first time on tv I knew she is a total fake. she is made from the musicindustry cause there wasn't someone like that before. there are a lot of britneys and christinas who all have that sexy-girly-look but since that punk/rock thing is so trendy nowadays, they had to come up with something new. so avril lavigne was "born". everything about her is just about the image, not about the music. the music is pop, maybe with a bit rock in it, but still pop.
she is the same as ms spears (but without a capable voice) and all the other pop singer she is told to hate so much, they just had put her in other cloths.
and I think everything that comes ot of her mouth, or that she has been told to say, is just pathetic and not worth listening.

PrincessSarah
Avril rocks!

Both albums have been gr8, n i agree her songs do have meaning!
Just listen to slipped away on her 2nd album. if you know what thats about, you'll realise.

Darth Revan
Her songs have no meaning whatsoever.... All she sings about is her ex "boifrendz". What is this world coming to? Go listen to some Tool or RATM... You will learn the definition of meaning.

Dr. Strangelove
http://music.ign.com/articles/522/522777p1.html

This guy differs.

And heres what the guy says about how great slipped away is.

The album wraps up with "Slipped Away," a moody piano track that sounds promising at first, but then launches into the same generic verse/chorus pattern. At this point, you'll be expecting this song structure. If she switched anything up, it could possibly throw your world into disorder, so it's probably better this way.

Also loved the comment that Avril is porn for teenage girls.

Darth Revan
Great article yes

Dr. Strangelove
Yeah hes pretty good, I just wish he wasnt with IGN so he wouldn't have to review movie soundtracks all the time.

You should read his review of William Hung's CD it got a 0.5 as a remember. laughing

el_barto
Way to stand up for your taste in music! Even though I don't like Avril I think it's great that you're standing up for yourself

Alpha Centauri
"Avril rocks!

Both albums have been gr8, n i agree her songs do have meaning!
Just listen to slipped away on her 2nd album. if you know what thats about, you'll realise."

She sucks. Badly.

-AC

Darth Revan
OMG... I went to see Weird Al in concert a couple weeks ago, in between songs they played clips of "AlTV" which are these "interviews" he does with popular musicians... When he interviewed Avril Lavigne, he said, "well, I'd like to welcome into the studio the incredible Michelle Branch!" and there was Avril laughing

Pamela
Avril won @ the teen choice awards '04...good for her big grin

Music: Female Artist Avril Lavigne

SlipknoT
Well winning a teen choice award isnt saying much

Pamela
but she won..

GABRIEL05
Avril is by far the least talented, least aesthetic, uniengaging pop cocker out there. She can't sing and her ugly & palor skinny and very unintelligent (at least she acts dumb when she's on TV I dunno it just might be an act but I doubt it)ass offends the very core of my soul and I am barely able to stifle my vomit at the mere mention of her accursed name.

I don't care if she sold 100,000,000,000 records in five minutes and she won all the "best album" awards at every awards ceremony in the world. Her music still the most awful trite wannabe bullshit and she's a total dumbass.

Man if Coltrane was still alive @$$holes like her wouldn't even pick up instruments!

Darth Revan
Winning a Teen Choice Award is almost an insult. Same with the VMA's, the Grammys, and the MTV Movie Awards.

Pamela
man ya'll really suck the life out of ppl with that negativity

Darth Revan
No, only Avril fans. Most people aren't offended by that comment.

Rad_1
Of course she is!!!loverock

Korri
I absolutley hate Avril Lavigne, she is a disgrace to the music industry, and if she is gonna lie about her life then she should at least stick to one story, funnily enough it might be more convincing. I dont know what the hell she is all about.

and whats all this about "oh when i get married, im gonna wear my converse all stars", does she think that makes her sound cool or something?? for god sake get a grip!

Tptmanno1
Damn Straight Kor!

DR> I have a small amount of respect for the MTV VMA's because last year they let Metallica finish, and that got me into Metallica! That show was awesome! You should have heard it, Metallica played Teen Spirit! it was awesome!

Korri
thanks it all comes from the heart raver

Silver Stardust
Korricle, you rock yes

Oh, wow, she won a Teen Choice Award, let's all go worship her now *sarcasm*

Big deal. A bunch of little 14 year old teenyboppers like her. That still doesn't mean she doesn't suck.

GABRIEL05
yo son! Thats like, what I've been tryin to say this whole time knawmmean!??!

amity75
I actually like Avril and if the Ramones had released sk8er boi in 1977 then it would have been hailed as one of the greatest punk songs of all time. Think about it, it's true!

Elektra_lover
Actually Im really starting to like Avril My Happy Ending is great big grin

Darth Revan
Really? Damn I wish I'd heard that... I was flipping channels the other night and saw that Marilyn Manson was introducing some band... I wish he'd done a performance sad

SlipknoT
Did the doctors say if there's anything you could do about it?

PrefectRonnykin
suicide no expression

SlipknoT
yes

PrefectRonnykin
no expression

Elektra_lover
You want me to kill mysel?!?!?!?!?!?? *Runs and crys*

slasherpunk18
OK GODDAMNIT!
I have sat here and read all 13 pages of this mindless dribble and I,very frankly,am going to take a bottle of Jack and go to bed so i can sleep this off and maybe after a while I can stop mashing my teeth in agony.
I will just make my opinions known although they have been mentioned a thousand times over:

1)Avril Lavigne is NOT punk.

2)Avril Lavigne's music is nothing but poppy garbage.

3)This thread should end.NOW.Unless there is more avril bashing to be done.But I want no part of it.Goodbye.

SlipknoT
Dude, the whole thread is Avril bashing.

slasherpunk18
Then it must continue.Onward with the bashing.

khalla
If anyone has noticed this thread was not made for bashing Avril but saying good stuff about her so if your going to bash her why don't you make your own bloody thread about it. I don't know why you guys hate her so much. What the hell did she ever do to you and if you think her music is crappy then really don't listen to it if it makes you so angry towards her.

slasherpunk18
No thanks,this thread will do nicely...

Sparrows Angel
Couldn't agree more.... thumb up yes

slasherpunk18
Well,it didn't really turn out that way...

khalla
Well than people should go to school and get a better education so they can learn how to read.

Darth Revan
People are bashing Avril because that's what happens to threads about pop artists in this forum. It's like a pit of crocodiles in here, waiting for something to come along that can be bashed... If Pamela wanted people to compliment Avril, she should have gone to a different forum because this sure as hell is not the place where it'll happen.

Darth Revan
wtf did that have to do with anything?

khalla
because if you read the post and see it says avril lavigne with a happy sign happy usually means good things not bashing

Darth Revan
Well, like I said, you can't post a thread about a pop artist in here and expect to get a positive response. Anybody who posts here needs to be prepared for that.

khalla
you have a good point there

SlipknoT
Mmhh we tear apart mainstream rap and pop/punk

PrefectRonnykin
nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye bored

Silver Stardust
There's nothing good to say about her, though.

PrefectRonnykin
shes an attention whore shoo bop erm

BloomBabyGirl
shes not a whore but has childish lyrics even on her second :mature" album

slasherpunk18
Yes,we are a vicious bunch.heheheheheh....

Silver Stardust
Just like all the other little teenybopper singers...

Korri
Thank you

sahariak_03
None of yall have listen to any of the song on her cd's besides the ones that come on the radio. She sing about more than just boyfriend that went bad.

Alpha Centauri
Oh no no no no no please don't get me wrong. I know she sings about more than her past boyfriend. Don't twist that.

She sings about many pointless, irrelevant, false, bullshit issues. Very versatile when it comes to being a penile devourer, Avril is. She likes to have her hand in many talentless pies.

-AC

Tptmanno1
Uhh there's a REASON we don't listen to anything more than they play on the radio, or what they play on the radio for that matter.

Darth Revan
You're right. She sings about such deep, spiritual, socially aware issues as hooking up with a stranger! eek!

Arahael
laughing

slasherpunk18
lol

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>