Is Doom unbeatable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Is there a single Marvel hero that could take on doom and win?
Could Cable's telekinisis work? Could Thor waste Dr. Doom with his hammer?
I am not quite sure which Marvel hero could single-handedly defeat Dr. Doom. Input please?

who?-kid
Of course he can be beaten. He has been beaten plenty of times.

SnakeEyes
But by one hero alone? with no help from others?

Alpha Centauri
"But by one hero alone? with no help from others?"

I doubt it.

Forget Doom's powers, gadgets and intellect for a second.

Doom is a NORMAL MAN. Considering he is just human, the fact that he be as freaking awesome as he is...well it's incredible. He is just the total package.

People say "without prep time" he can be beaten. As Victor Von Doom said, he was born ready. He doesn't walk around in his underwear, is always in his suit which as Victor pointed out, contains more gadgets than a lesbian orgy.

If Supes flew in from Metropolis, Doom would have a kryptonite shield around his castle.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I wouldn't say unbeatable, however the likelihood of one hero coming out on top against Doom is quite slim in my eyes.

Arachnoidfreak
Doom isn't unbeatable, but it would take someone of Thanos's intellect and strength to gain a descisive victory.

Alpha Centauri
Thanos gave him a considerably powerful blast in The Infinity Gauntlet, WITH the gauntlet and it barely got through Doom's armour.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Oh no, when I say Doom vs Thanos, I mean these two deserve their own 6-issue series, because it would be the battle of all battles.

Actually, make it 12 issues.

Red Superfly
These posts are a bit silly to be honest, because even the likes of Spider-Man, Cap America or even Daredevil could take down Doom, if the writers see fit, and the fact that Thanos could beat him on paper would mean jack s**t. Stats mean jack in the comic book universe, because if comic fights were down to stat comparring, then it would be very predictable and boring. So don't overlook the likes of your friendly neighbourhood superheroes in favour of those almighty ridiculous celestial fools.

Victor Von Doom
I'd buy that for a dollar.

manjaro
juggernaut has no mutant powers for Doom to cancel out, neither does ben Grimm. even though they probably wouldnt get the opportuniy to get close to him

Alpha Centauri
Doom doesn't have to resort to amazingly complex battle plans though. We all saw what he did to Rage of the New Warriors. Made it so that if anything happens to him, everyone goes kaboom.

He has energy blasts and attack more powerful than most, so he could fight with the either of those two. Not forgetting his suit gives him strength to a very high class.

-AC

bardock
i think the writers would let wolverine take him out.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but how unrealistic would that be. Some man with claws who can heal, taking out pound for pound possibly the strongest Earthling ever.

-AC

norrin radd
the same writers that put elektra kicking his but? or the writers that put magneto taking out his metal?

bardock
Known Superhuman Powers: While in his armor, Dr. Doom can lift (press) approximately 2 tons. He is one of the smartest men in the world and has an almost endless variety of weapons and equipment at his disposal. At the very least, Doom's armor contains a force field and concussion beams -- though more weapons may also be included. Dr. Doom also has the ability to switch minds with another person and he possesses a small amount of mystical knowledge as well.

his powers everyone.

Alpha Centauri
Alot has happened since Marvel Directory was updated. Please stop relying on stats.

Also, it says there MAY be more weapons included. MAY. Marvel Directory don't even know about his weapons. See? See how sly he is?

-AC

bardock
i was just showing some people what powers he has.

Batarangs Blade
Well, I don't know too much about comics or their characters, but I have to agree with the above people.

The small bit I do know about Doom points him to being a huge, powerful, near-unstoppable juggernaught. (No, not the one from X-Men.)

However, I think that, with the proper team going up against him, he'd be able to be taken down.

One on one, however, I'm pretty sure Doom will always come out on top.

bardock
thor vs doom come he is dead fo sho

manjaro
WRONGGGGG!!!! He can only lift about two tons in his suit. Not unless he's got some "IronManesque "armor we dont know about

Arachnoidfreak
Doom's armor has been compared to Ironman's several times. Don't think Doom couldn't just make a new suit with class 100 abilities.

Alpha Centauri
He has powered his own suit up to lift more than 2 tons.

Either way he is better than Magneto in every way.

Bardock, I'd also put Doom over Thor. As strong as Thor is. He hasn't proven to be the brightest. Doom would outsmart him in many ways.

-AC

bardock
his mind is his best asset but one smack from the hammer it is lights out.

manjaro
why are we talking about magneto in this thread? I know becuase he rules!!

manjaro
DUDE ARE YOU FREAKIN INSANE? in what world could Doom stop thor's hammer? what could he possibly do other than using his magnetic abilities to hurl back at him, oh, thats right he doesnt have any magnetic powers!

Alpha Centauri
His mind is his best asset, as a result he can create things nobody else can. Things that can take care of anyone. Hence why he is so highly rated. Anyway that's for another thread.

Manjaro, stop before you get a good thread closed.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Doom survived a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet. I'd put that above a hit from Mjolnir.

Arachnoidfreak
Doom has survived Beyonder picking him apart. I put that over the both of them. Have you seen the cover to Secret Wars #10?? pure awesomeness.

Fearnix
SS could take doom down

Arachnoidfreak
Secret Wars 10

Fearnix
that is a great comic

Victor Von Doom
As far as I recall, Doom tends to treat Surfer like his *****.

Fearnix
why dont we talk about aliances

bardock
how about lighting in his metal suit he is fried. i prefer my doom well done with a little steak sauce how about you?

Alpha Centauri
Dude, the man lives in Europe. Like he has a suit affectable by lightning.

-AC

bardock
if it is made of metal he is screwed.

FeceMan
One would also think that he would be screwed if he were to come up against Magneto. However, the metal composing his suit is unaffected by magnetism and electricity (I THINK the latter).

JuggernautFan
hmmm apocalypse probably has the resources, and the power to take down doom by himself. thanos WOULD take doom down by himself. thor could also. if somebody pointed juggernaut in the right direction, doom would be powerless to stop him. in the past, doom has been defeated by several characters that rely soley on strength. he has been taken down by, ben grim, and luke cage. silver surfer could also do it by himself, if doom didn't strip him of his power first.

Alpha Centauri
"if somebody pointed juggernaut in the right direction, doom would be powerless to stop him"

Who saw that coming.....?

None of the people you've mentioned save for Thanos could take Doom one-on-one. Doom has shown Surfer up on many occasions. In Fantastic Four when he pretended to offer him solice and safehaven then stole his powers and in Fantastic Four again when he stole his board. Thor would only have power at his disposal, something Dr.Doom is capable of stopping with the endless amount of components he has on him. He hasn't been taken down and out by Ben Grimm or Luke Cage. Funny that you are using any kind of offence mounted against Doom as a justifiable beating, yet if anyone else comes up with such small evidence against another certain Marvel character, you go crazy. Speaking of the devil, all Juggernaut has is brute force. Something Doom has come up against before and won.

To Bardock and friends, this is a man that fights and outsmarted Galactus. You think he's gonna make a suit affectable by Lightning and Magnetism? Gimme a break.
-AC

Fearnix
doom could only be beat by more than 7 heros

Alpha Centauri
Name them and how they would, in theory, beat him. Out of curiousity.

-AC

norrin radd
The Magnificent Seven

Alpha Centauri
Even then it's 7 onto 1. Proves how awesome he is.

-AC

FeceMan
LOL! Juggernaut take him down? Juggernaut is a big, slow moron who happens to have super strength, extreme resistance to damage, and a much-debated regeneration ability. Just have Dr. D throw up a forcefield and Juggs is helpless.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

-AC

Fearnix
Iron fist,dr strange and cloak they could beat him

who?-kid
Doom could be in for a surprise when fighting Juggernaut. Granted, Juggernaut is not the smartest villain ever, but certainly one of the most durable.

"Just have Dr. D throw up a forcefield and Juggs is helpless."

So ? And what's Doom gonna do next ? Creating some forcefield isn't a victory in my book.

Alpha Centauri
Dr.Strange would provide a very good magical foe but Doom, as well as using it, would have a very good defence against it also. I believe Doom once said:

"To be a master of offence is of no value. To be a God of combat is to be victorious."

Meaning Offence and Defence.

"So ? And what's Doom gonna do next ? Creating some forcefield isn't a victory in my book."

If Juggernaut runs toward him but is halted by a forcefield, then of course it's a victory. If one action per person is launched, Juggernaut's fails and Doom's succeeds. He has accomplished his goal. Stop Juggernaut reaching him.

-AC

Fearnix
yes thats what iron fist and cloak are for Iron fist Offence
and cloak for Defence and Dr strange is on par with doom mentaly and magicly

who?-kid
You know, forcefields can be taken out. I know Hulk jumped one time through a forcefield of Doom, so Juggernaut can do it too.

And I do not consider "creating a forcefield to hide behind" actually "stopping and beating Juggernaut".

Dr. Doom will have to come up with something more original and impressive to defeat Juggernaut.

Fearnix
a forcefield would run out of air and kill him

who?-kid
No it wouldn't. Juggernaut doesn't need no oxygen.

Fearnix
can he hold his breath as long as hulk coz if he can he would last like half an hour

Fearnix
Iron fist,dr strange and cloak would beat dr doom

Victor Von Doom
Double negative, DOOM WINS!

But yes, Jug v Doom is laughable.

Fearnix
i agree doom would destroy jug

who?-kid
How ?

Fearnix
jugs IQ 117
Dooms IQ 100000002

Victor Von Doom
Jug's iq is definitely not 117, considering 100 is average.

Doom found a way to beat the Beyonder and Galactus.

Juggernaut...walks around smashing things.

Fearnix
i was not saying his IQ was 117 showing how much higher dooms was

Victor Von Doom
Both were true. I think Doom is only second in intellect to Thanos.

who?-kid
Dr. Doom will need his intelligence against Juggernaut stick out tongue !!

Fearnix
doom can be beat it would be hard but he can

Wynndar
i think Doom is smarter than thanos....thanos has not mastered time travel....he is really powerful, and pretty smart, but i would not put him in the same league as Doom

Victor Von Doom
He isn't in the same league, he's in a league of his own. He's proven it many times.

norrin radd
AH AH AH 117????? are you for real, jugs IQ is probably negative.

Alpha Centauri
Wait a damn minute. Wait a fricking minute.

Juggernaut gets put in a thread against Hulk once, wrongly....and all of a sudden is a viable contendor to Doom? What has gone wrong here?

-AC

VENOMfan
Juggernuat could probably make Doom's work harder than Magneto remember?

Juggy isnt a mutant, he dosent need air or food, dosent get tired and IS unstoppable as far as any force on earth is concerned.

why all the anti-juggernaut statement's? the imposternaut is gone for the most part Juggy is returning to his original super contender self

Alpha Centauri
"why all the anti-juggernaut statement's? "

If you want Anti-people statements you only need look at the Juggernaut fans themselves.

Anyway I like Juggernaut. Beating Doom though? Come on.

-AC

VENOMfan
He could give Doom a scare, but I do realize if he really irked Dr. D he would be in deep ____

who?-kid
Nothing has gone wrong here. Juggernaut can VERY easily crush the armor of Doom. Now tell me, what exactly is dr. Doom going to do against Juggernaut ? He can not hurt him, and can probably not stop him.

To be honest, I can't think of something. Of course, I'm not dr. Doom smile.

Alpha Centauri
"Juggernaut can VERY easily crush the armor of Doom. Now tell me, what exactly is dr. Doom going to do against Juggernaut ? He can not hurt him, and can probably not stop him."

I flip that same question back at you with the additional question of, considering Doom prepares for everyone and would know everything about Juggernaut already, how would Juggernaut get close enough to crush Doom's armour? People just assume Juggernaut could run at him. It aint happening. Doom could go back in time and slap him around as a little kid riding his pony and he would never have the gem in the first place. Boom, battle over. More to the point, no Juggernaut.

-AC

FeceMan
Wtf? A forcefield run out of air? I'm pretty sure Dr. D wouldn't let that happen.

Also, couldn't Doom just devise some Magic-Presto-Remove-Juggy's-Helmet-So-I-Can-Brainwash-Him-To-Do-My-Bidding type of weapon?

bardock
that is just stupid.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

norrin radd
does juggernaught have a weak point? doom would exploit that

blackwidowlover
yeah his helmet take it off and his power is gone bye bye

FeceMan
bardock, you dumbass. What the hell else was I supposed to call it?

vu_Quang
yeah the gem. he'd find it .... he'd kill hulk as bruce banner.....dr. doom is DA MAN. i dont think he values team work as much so that's a weakness of doom albeit he's so smart he has a hard time finding an equal. and he's so determined. for a villian he sure could be the role model for tommorow's youth

doom's no match for silver surfer's powers, so what does he do? does he get envious? hell no he figures a way to snatch them.

blackwidowlover
in x forse vs the juggernaut syrin takes of his helmet and the battle is won
of couse they needed spides help in that one

blackwidowlover
oh yeah I forgot about that gem
isn't that where he gets his power from in the fist place
if you remove the helmet it ends it

vu_Quang
actually i think juggernaut hurled it into space or the sun hehehe. minor setback for doom.

SnakeEyes
He did throw it into space, after the Tom Cassidy incident. But Doom could beat Juggernaut anyway by removing the helmet! Duh!

JuggernautFan
Juggernaut has thrown the gem into orbit, then nova bumped it back out of orbit. some kid named stevie used the power of the gem to defeat juggernaut (with hulks help) in an off panel battle.

Juggernaut DOES NOT lose his power when his helmet is removed. that is just stupid.

another person that might be able to defeat doom is loki. he is a sneaky bastard himself.

vu_Quang
so does juggernaut not lose his power when someone else has the gem?

who?-kid
If it were that simple, why doesn't he use his time machine more ? Why doesn't he just go back in time and kill Reed Richards ? And Captain America ? And the Avengers ? And Hulk ? And EVERYBODY who annoys him ?

Besides, going back in time and killing a child is not a fight and is not honorable. Doom sometimes has something noble in him, and I don't think he would choose such a cowards solution.

Victor Von Doom
If everyone did what they were theoretically capable of, many fights would have been way different.

Doom doesn't really need to take that liberty, although people use it liberally with Magneto and Juggernaut on here.

Alpha Centauri
"If it were that simple, why doesn't he use his time machine more ? Why doesn't he just go back in time and kill Reed Richards ? And Captain America ? And the Avengers ? And Hulk ? And EVERYBODY who annoys him ?"

Coz Marvel would be out of their best characters and out of business.

"Besides, going back in time and killing a child is not a fight and is not honorable. Doom sometimes has something noble in him, and I don't think he would choose such a cowards solution."

Doom probably wouldn't go back and kill any child but if he knew that it would become The Hulk or Reed Richards etc. I think he would.

-AC

FeceMan
AC, I don't think Doom would outright KILL the child, but maybe alter his or her timeline enough so that the Juggernaut/Hulk/whatever wouldn't "happen".

Alpha Centauri
Depends on his opinion toward them now. If it was someone who would grow to be his most hated enemy I think he'd kill them. If just a bother, then maybe alter the timeline.

-AC

Never
The only chance in hell Juggernaut has against Doom is the element of surprise - and how often is Doom surprised? Doom outsmarted Galactus in Secret Wars and prepped to battle Beyonder. Nuff said.

Aside from that, Juggernaut does not stand a buttnaked Wesley Snipes with an "I Hate Gay People" in a Gay Parade chance.

And Doom is NOT in a league of his own intellectually. That is bullshit. He has a GENIUS level IQ, but so does Reed Richards, Tony Starks, Hank McCoy, T'Challa, and a whole host of others.

No, I would not bet that Doom is "smarter" than Thanos.

Alpha Centauri
Neither would I.

I do think he is more of a genius than all those you mentioned however.

"The only chance in hell Juggernaut has against Doom is the element of surprise - and how often is Doom surprised? "

More to the point how is a lumbering giant like man gonna sneak up on anyone?

-AC

Never
Is genius limited to one discipline?

Alpha Centauri
The fact that Doom is the only one with the brains enough to master time itself and build a time machine, to me, gives him the edge.

-AC

Never
So untrue.

Iron Man built one in Iron Man #59. Would you like a reference to a synopsis?

Next?

Alpha Centauri
A fair point, as stated in the other thread. But the difference to building one and continually having it in working use while perfecting it such as Doom did in "The End", is entirely another matter.

-AC

SnakeEyes
What has Doom used this time machine to do?

Alpha Centauri
What would you normally use a time machine for.....?

-AC

SnakeEyes
well yeah duh, i meant where has he gone in time and what did he do wherever he went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alpha Centauri
He went back in time to assassinate the Pharoah who would eventually become Akhameten.

-AC

SnakeEyes
thats all?
hmmm....
i would've expected something more exciting.......

Alpha Centauri
That is the most recent anyway. I believe.

-AC

SnakeEyes
ok, thanks

Alpha Centauri
No problaymo.

-AC

FeceMan
Doom was going to fight the Beyonder? Holy shiz, that guy must have cojones the size of watermelons in that suit of his!

Arachnoidfreak
not "was going to" he DID, and he very nearly won.

Alpha Centauri
Yep. People say "he lost that's all that matters" and yes, when all was said and done he did lose. But the point is he came closer than anyone and The Beyonder was once the most powerful being ever. Says alot for a normal man.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Yea, gotta admire a man that would defy a god with his head held high and no fear in his eyes.

Manowar
ill catch plenty of abuse for this, but i dont know why you people think Dr. Doom is a fukin god! he isnt THAT strong! put him up against someone like Thanos or Living Tribunal he'll be reduced to a pile of dust..and dont give me that whole story about how Thanos blasted him and barely damaged his armor, because ive seen Beyonder demolish his armor! sure he beat Beyonder, but his armor and brains are all he has!

Arachnoidfreak
Isn't THAT strong? Dr. Doom is a normal man, like you and me, and he fricken challenged a GOD. Why don't you fight God, and let's see what happens, ok? Thanos would have his hands full, and then some, if he fought Dr. Doom. Living Tribunal? Why would you even pit him against anyone?? Living Tribunal can blink ANYONE out of existence, that doesn't help to back an argument against Doom.

People don't like him because he is "strong" people love him because of his determination, and his uncanny ability to find a way to come out on top of any situation. And his name is DOOM for crap's sake! F*ckin sweet, man.

You post that pic trying to show that Doom isn't as strong as people think, but when I look at that cover, I see a man who is dying and STILL isn't giving up. I look at that, and see a man who refuses to just lay down and die, he's getting up from his knees, even if he is falling apart doing it.

Alpha Centauri
"and dont give me that whole story about how Thanos blasted him and barely damaged his armor, because ive seen Beyonder demolish his armor!"

Gotta love it when people say that. Don't give you the story about how Thanos blasted him and barely damaged his armour? What....? You mean the story about Thanos barely damaging that actually happened in the Infinity Gauntlet? The one that's real? Why not give you it? If it happened it's evidence. Why does Beyonder demolishing his armour have anything to do with Thanos blasting him and it not doing much?

"sure he beat Beyonder, but his armor and brains are all he has!"

You say that like it's detrimental to him. His brains are his best feature and after reading through all of my old Iron-Man I do wholeheartedly agree that the only one who can test Doom's suit is Iron-Man's. He outsmarted the Beyonder with his brains. Galactus too.

If I had to trade brains with Doom or strength with The Thing I know exactly who I'd go for.

-AC

JuggernautFan
actually he was akhameten before he gained his power.

but anyway, the doom/beyonder battle is a rather mute point. it was later retconned that the beyonder willingly gave doom his power. there was no actual "power struggle" between the 2 at all. then the beyonder left.

juggernaut does not lose his power when his helmet is removed.....

if time travel is your arguement, apocalypse too has mastered the arts of time and space. he can transport through dimensions, and through time at any given time also.... if that's what you are basing dooms intelligence on. i still think apoc, or thanos would wipe the floor with doom.

JuggernautFan
good point!!!! doom is intelligent. i'd much rather have that level of intelligence vs. things strength.

i also may have jumped the gun a little in saying that doom would be powerless to stop juggernaut. he -should- be able to do something similar to what nimrod did to juggernaut. after all, he has even taken hulk down with a similar method to that. so why not juggernaut??

Alpha Centauri
"but anyway, the doom/beyonder battle is a rather mute point. it was later retconned that the beyonder willingly gave doom his power. there was no actual "power struggle" between the 2 at all. then the beyonder left."

He would have realised the split-split second it happened, that Doom was trying to take them. It wouldn't have changed the fact that he got there unbeknownst to Beyonder and executed his plan though.

I don't think there is anyone, yes including The Hulk, that Doom couldn't stop. From Earth definately. Take down, not sure. But stop definately.

-AC

who?-kid
Come on, where do you get that idea ? Dr. Doom has been defeated lots of times. By all kinds of heroes.

His plans are always perfect. On paper. But there's always some unknown factor he hasn't taken into account.

Alpha Centauri
"His plans are always perfect. On paper. But there's always some unknown factor he hasn't taken into account."

Hard to take unknown factors into account isn't it? Unless you are omnipotent. Which I never claimed Doom was.

*Swish*

-AC

who?-kid
No he is not omnipotent and also not unbeatable.

I do not understand the purpose of this "is Doom unbeatable"-thread when he has been defeated zillions of times.

Alpha Centauri
"No he is not omnipotent and also not unbeatable"

Nor did I claim he was unbeatable.

"I do not understand the purpose of this "is Doom unbeatable"-thread when he has been defeated zillions of times."

I've told you a kajillion bajillion times not to exaggerate in debates. It doesn't get you anywhere.

-AC

FeceMan
Whoo! Go Doom! How in the hell did he NOT get wasted against Beyonder?

Manowar
ive seen Spider-Man beat him time and time again...not to mention FF

Arachnoidfreak
So? What does that prove? I never said Doom was unbeatable, he loses all the time. Why? Because he is a villain, and the villain almost never wins. It's a fact that I hate, but it's still a fact. I still pick Doom over anyone though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.