The Beacons of Gondor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Ok you know when the Beacons are lit

all i want to know who actually lights them i mean the beacons are very high up in the mountians which means some people would always have to live there 24/7 always waiting and watching

must have been a very lonely and boaring jobconfused

Discos
I say they take it in shifts, perhaps 12hrs each or 6hrs each.

But as we did see there were 2 people liting one up just as it leaves Gondor so I am guessing people do stay up there...in the cold...ouchie

shadowy_blue
What he said. smile

They're perhaps taking shift..though those mountains have very high elevations, some are beyond the clouds. I wonder how they manage to breathe.

Sshhh!!! stick out tongue

ash007
i mean sometimes the beacons are not lit for many many years
it will be very boaring

Discos
hehe good point,

erm....as you said it would be a bit of a nightmare to take shifts up so high. The Powers That be perhaps sent 2 people up their as their "life jobs" and those two people take shifts in their "hut"

Discos
also roughly how long do you think it took from the first beacon at Minas Tirith to pass through all of Gondor to Rohan to reach Ederas (SP)

It also passes through nightfall and then back to daytime so perhaps more than 12hrs or so I am guessing

Discos - i cant remember it saying the time in the book

ash007
man that is a fecking shite job.
I would just lit the beacons for no reasons to see what happens

ha ha ha ha ha ha

devil

ash007
it the book it said about a day
i might be wrong

Leggy_n_Merry
I was thinking exactly the same thing ash007! I asked my friend about it and she told me that they just like take shifts and stuff too big grin

ash007
But some of them is like on a fecking mountian
which is really high up smile

I mean it will be very cold and dark.

Plus after the Beacons were lit they had to start all over again and collect more wood and stuff

Discos
I suppose it would be a simple job but it would of been shit back then as I dont think you get paid or that there was such things as money

ash007
i know man but imagine being the guy who has to do it

would be really boaring waiting for all these years

doing jack shit

pip-foot
that would be a boring job. hopefully whoever was with you got along with you, or else it would be a REALLY boring life smile I don't think i could do it. i talk way too much, and would probably annoy the other people so much taht they jump of the mountain

Discos
yep boring indeed, erm I suppose it would be highly amusing liting them off for a laugh, see Rohan's armies go to Minas Tirith and be "erm, wtf"

Discos - probably get the sentance of death though

ash007
ha ha

indeed smile

i mean whats stopping the people form leaving i mean who would notice

pip-foot
lol. Yea, I could lite them on fire smile then when they jumped off the mountain they would be just like denethor smile

Discos
lol, I would probably get bored of the job and walk away

pip-foot
yea. Too boring for me. I could probably go for a while as long as i had a computor and could come to KMC and talk smile i dont think i would ever get bored then stick out tongue lol

Discos
back then I doubt there was much to do, perhaps the people simply talked and read at the beacons

Discos - and of course sleep,etc etc

pip-foot
yea. Too boring. maybe they sword fighted with each oter smile

I know thats really bad grammer, but who cares smile

Discos
Cam cares about Grammer so watch out if she comes on shifty

ash007
indeed wink

pip-foot
Thanx for the heads up smile sword fighted sounds lots more fun then sword fought (or whatever teh correct way it )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.