Death,doom,black,thrash and prog metal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fearnix
name your fav bands

HockeyHorror
Rage Against the Machine
System of a Down

the only rock related music i listen to ^

Darth Revan
Despite being good bands, neither are death, doom, black, or thrash metal wink

Fearnix
yeah i dont like Rage against the machine i like old stuff mostly

HockeyHorror
i just had to post something for 2 main reasons.

1. no one answered to this thread so i TRIED to say something laughing out loud

2. i havent posted anything in the past 10 min laughing

Darth Revan
Well, maybe now people will start noticing it so there will be posts yes

... but maybe not.

Fearnix
feel free to say any thing in here

Fearnix
anything

Fearnix
some one plz reply

HockeyHorror
hello

laughing out loud

Darth Revan
Lacuna Coil is a cool band rock

Fearnix
Lacuna Coil are cool

loserib
machinehead
slayer
cannibal corpse
hypocrisy
anal blast
gorgoroth

just to name a few

Deathblow
Death metal :

Sepultura
Slayer
Morbid Angel
Cryptopsy
Therion
Cannibal Corpse
Suffocation
Asphyx
Sadistic Intent
Deicide
Napalm Death
Exhumed

Black:

Darkthrone
Celtic Frost
Eucharist
Dimmu Borgir

Thrash/speed:

Cryptic Slaughter
Prong
Godflesh
Bolt Thrower

Other (metalcore etc)

In Flames
Killswitch Engage
Opeth
Avenged Sevenfold
36 Crazyfists
Dark Tranquility

Deathblow
I forgot tons embarrasment

Lamb Of God
Otep
Children Of Bodom
Hatebreed
Superjoint Ritual
Damageplan
Helstar
God Forbid
Pantera
Anotherdeadsupermodel
Behemoth
Dismember
Deeds Of Flesh

Fearnix
Morbid Angel are my fav death

and i have met lamb of god me and my friends were talking to them for like hour and a half

and i saw damageplan the other week feat: soil

Victor Von Doom
Most of these are horrible bands.

It all went wrong after they lost the concept of melody.

Master of Puppets was perfection.

Fearnix
Ride the lighting was so much better than Master of Puppets
and they have not lost the concept of melody they are changing it

Victor Von Doom
To noise.

Ride the Lightning is good, in my opinion M.O.P. is the best of the lot.

I'm not saying all thrash metal and related genres contain only lame bands, I just think it isn't the best time for these genres.

Emperor were excellent.

Df02
agree entirely with the above post....its a statement like that which leads to my love of Dillinger Escape plan!

Victor Von Doom
Dillenger rule. The E.P. with Patton is too good.

Fearnix
i know what you but the music you lisen to depends on my mood
if i am pissed i will lisen to death sound of perciverance if i am happy
i will lisen to tori amos and so on smile

Victor Von Doom
Tori when happy? That must not last long then.

Fearnix
lol tori is great

Victor Von Doom
I think so...hardly the happiest bunny though.

Fearnix
what do mean shes super happy wink

Df02
indeed, Dillinger are amazing, quality musicians

Fearnix
i agree Dillinger are good

moshtitan
anybody else like meshuggah? they kick ass along with god forbid, lamb of god, strapping young lad, glass casket, unearth, the black dahilla murder, himsa,nora,eighteen visions, the red chord,cradle of filth,killswitch engage,norma jean, shadows fall and opeth.

Victor Von Doom
Meshuggah are great. Criminally underrated.

moshtitan
yes, very. its too bad. there one of the most talented bands ever.

loserib
i seen meshugga i wile back they were great
i also think the whole death/thrash metal scene is picking up we have alot more quality bands out now

Fearnix
i have meshuggahs nothing album its f****** great they are so under rated and they are coming to england soon i am gonna see them smile

moshtitan
thats awesome. theyre so amazing live. i saw them in tulsa in 2002 with strapping young lad. best show ive ever seen. im really glad to see americas metal scene picking up, with bands like god forbid, lamb of god,unearth etc....and really sad to see europes metal scene fading out of the spotlight.

Deathblow
anyone heard of Anotherdeadsupermodel?

now they are an underrated band erm

moshtitan
ive never heard of tem untill now but check them out i will.

Broken_Johnson
Woot... my favorite bands are: Slayer, Sepultura, Devil Driver, In Flames, Impaled Nezarine, Lamb of God, God Forbid, Children Of Bodom, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Dark Throne, Dimmu Borgir, Cannible Corpse, Morbid Angel, Twisted Method, Dope, Meshuggah, and much much more. Wow, there are too many great metal bands to name all at once. I am so f***ing glad to see that there are some metal heads alive and breathing... it seems that all you see recently is pop and rap x.X The best concert I have been to recently was the Lamb of God/God Forbid/ Killswitch Engage show I went to a few months ago, me and by best bud drove out to LA to see is (we live in Vegas)

Broken_Johnson
Some good ones I forgot: Fear Factory, Mastadon, Sworn Enemy, Anthrax, Anvil, Enslaved, Beauty School Drop Outs, Beheaded, Faustus, Hellhammer, Midnight Angel.... oh and Burn The Priest, they are now called Lamb of God, but I like the music they maed before becoming Lamb Of God...

Deathblow
Some real sweet bands in there for sure thumb up

God damn I always forget Shadows Fall.

Broken_Johnson
Forget Shadows Fall??? YOU B@STARD! j/k, lol

Deathblow
laughing out loud no your right. forgetting Shadows Fall is a criminal offence.

By the way props for mentioning Dark Throne, your the only other person i've met on here who likes em yes

Broken_Johnson
Really? Well thats weird, cause they're awesome... so who is anotherdeadsupermodel? I've never heard of them O.o

Deathblow
They're a metalcore band a little like Killswitch Engage, but they're still pretty much underground, so very few people have heard of them (i think they're from Arkansas or somewhere). They are frickin awesome though.

Broken_Johnson
Oh, well I guess I will have to listen to them sometime

loserib
hey broken johnson your from vegas do you know the band hemlock

moshtitan
come to think about it, i have heard anotherdeadsupermodel. my friend made me listen to them awhile back. i hadnt really wanted to because i had scorned him awhile before for comparing them to killswitch, and saying they were one of the better metalcore bands around. but now that i think about it they really are. tulsa, oklahomas got a pretty damn good metalcore band called epochal.. http://beam.to/epochal and im also a big fan of a band called glass casket. any body heard of them?

Broken_Johnson
Yea I know the band hemlock, why?

loserib
just wondering great band though they played a show here in modesto awile ago the lead singer is a really nice guy

Deathblow
I'm not from Vegas, but I've known and liked Hemlock for ages.

Fearnix
i have never heard of Hemlock but i love you all for the great music you lisen too dose any one here like dismember?????

Deathblow
Yeah Dismember own they're in my list on the first page thumb up

Fearnix

moshtitan
any one ever hear of Jungle Rot? there badass.

Fearnix
nah whta they like?

moshtitan
death metal at its best. i saw them live the other day. the band i roadie for played with them. i knew they were awesome but then i saw em live and was like .....holy shit this band rules. i ll try to find a link.

Fearnix

moshtitan
im not a big Type O neg. fan....but heres the link
www.junglerot.net

Fearnix
thanx big grin

Broken_Johnson
hey, does anyone else think that howard jones ruined Killswitch Engage....... or at least think they got worse when he became their singer

Fearnix
nah didnt ruin them but made them less good

amity75
An old fave of mine used to be "Deicide". THey were a satanic metal band and were so shite they were actually good.

Broken_Johnson
yea, maybe not ruined... but i mean their new cd sucked pretty bad blink

Fearnix
i have not heard it

Broken_Johnson
oh, well dont, lol

Fearnix
i will try not to then i never thought i would say that

Broken_Johnson
i was kidding, lol... you should listen to them, you might have a different opinion of it zorro

Fearnix
what would you rate it out of 10?

Broken_Johnson
2... maybe 3, but thats just my opinion

Fearnix
wow thats a high rating lol

moshtitan
id give it a 2

Ass Goblin
I listen to quite a lot of, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, The Beserker, Behemoth, Mayhem, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, The Haunted, At the Gates, Morbid Angel, Borknager. Just to name a few

Fearnix
you lisen to good music rock

moshtitan
Emperor, At The Gates, Dimmu Borgir, and the haunted all rule.

Fearnix
yes they do

Fearnix
Emperor are one of the best bands ever

moshtitan
indeed.

PrefectRonnykin
slayer droolio

moshtitan
slayer's way too sterotypicall.

PrefectRonnykin
so what? i can still like them happy

moshtitan
oh ya..i know.i like a couple of their song.... Raining Blood rock

Fearnix
yeah but thats what makes them kool

dean7879
slayer are cool...but i prefer death metal...bands like cannibal corpse and carcass

Fearnix
cannibal corpse and carcass rock i love carcass so much but my faves are Death and Morbid Angel rock

dean7879
death are class..there best album has to be leprosy

Df02
yes he destroyed KSE

loserib
id never seen them live before howard was in the band but i know the singer that sang with them first sounded better on record

Df02
Jesse Leach was one of the best Metal vocalists imo, he had such an amazing range, and such a quality sounding voice, KSE lost out big time... they were a decent band, but Jesse made them top quality.

Howard just cant measure up to him, and they seem to be making worse music with him aswell...

loserib
do you where their first leadsinger is at now

Df02
yup. he's got a new band on the go with members of other bands...like a supergroup i think....ill go try find out the name...

EDIT: Seemless
Site

moshtitan
Killswitch hasnt gotten worse with Howard, they just made music thats less melodic metal and more emo melodic metal. i actually think howards voice fits the bill better.

Fearnix
nah there best album was sound of preservarance rock

dean7879
aint heard that one

Fearnix
its ****ing great.It has judas priest painkiller cover aswell rock

moshtitan
anybody else dig unearth or lamb of god...i just saw them live and man do they kick ass. cant wait till Lambs new albim comes out.

Fearnix
yeah i have seen and met lamb of god they kick ass

loserib
yeah i saw both of them at ozzfest both good but lamb of god man they were ****ing awsome man great band

Fearnix
the only bad thing about LOG is that the singer(well think it was the singer)didnt like Crowbarsad

loserib
well everybody has got to be into difrent shit are we would all be the same

Fearnix
yeah but how could some one not like Crowbar

moshtitan
i dont like them either...err...dont prefer them.

Fearnix
what about Death has any one heard of them?
If you have what do you think?

Deathblow
Wow missed this post somehow confused

Finally someone else who's heard and appreciates anotherdeadsupermodel. Glad to hear you like them too, I've been hyping them up around here so much recently.

Epochal I haven't heard before, but glass casket are damn good. I heard them on a mixtape, so the quality was awful, but they sounded dope none the less. Can you reccomend me anything by them?

moshtitan
pencil lead syringe is my favorite Glass Casket song. you can find more on www.hxcmp3.com ........the reason you havent heard Epochal is cause there local. there on the the website above also.

Deathblow
nice

moshtitan
oh please dont let this thread die!!!! sonebody post!!

Fearnix
I now have all of Pantera's album's rock

Deathblow
Me too rock for several years now.

And guess what...none of them have got shit on VDOP.

Fearnix
I love Phil Anselmo

Broken_Johnson
i only have on Pantera album... i feel so weak and meaningless O.o, j/k lol

moshtitan
i dont have any...not a big slayer fan.

Broken_Johnson
hey, did anyone else watch headbangers ball last night? Mastadon and Lamb of God were on, it was great

Broken_Johnson
Hey there is this band I just heard about called "New God Machine", they are still refining their sound so havent even been released yet, but they are pretty awesome... has any one else heard anything about them? There is a website: http://www.newgodmachine.com/

loserib
i watched it for the first time last night just got digital cable

moshtitan
what an expieriance....silly little headbangers ball noobs! *laugh laugh*

*dies*

loserib
not really a noob i use to watch it back in the day just had not seen it since it came back mtv2

Broken_Johnson
nobody talks in this thread anymore O.o

loserib
ifyou are into thrash.death metal and live in the modesto area come out to the palm gardens this saturday in modesto it 21+ free addmision
Bitter Legacy
Nothing but Losers
Let This Die
10pm
FREE SHOW
The Palm Gardens
822 9th st
Modesto CA

dean7879
i prefer death metaln and black metal...my fav bands are cannibal corpse, mortician, children of bodom, cradle of filth, general surgery and loads more!

LordMortis
fave bands:

Slipknot
Nightwish
Rammstein
Lacuna coil
Devildriver

some othersdround about i like; dimmu borgir i like, kittie r cool

Fearnix
Fave
Black metal:
Burzum
Gorgoroth
Behemoth
Darkthrone
Immortal

Death:
Dismember
Morbid Angel
Death
Obituary

Gothic:
Type O Negative
Paradise Lost (some of the stuff)
The Sisters of Mercy

Doom:
to many to name

Thrash:
Megadeath
Pantera
Sepultura
Slayer

dean7879
who likes the band gorerotted?
i think they are amazing

loserib
yeah ive heard them brutal shit man

Deathblow
I wouldn't really class any of those as thrash erm

Megadeth & Pantera are both old-school heavy metal bands, and Sepultura and Slayer are the daddys of death (along with Morbid Angel, Deicide etc.).

Great choice of bands though. I love all those guys, especially Sepultura in the Cavalera days. thumb up

Df02
Slayer are 100% Thrash metal, theyre not Death... they just have Death metal style lyrics stick out tongue

Deathblow
They are death, they've always been classed as death haven't they?
In fact this is the first time i've ever heard anyone class them as anything other than death blink

and when I met the band, it was at an exclusive death metal show. which they headlined. so there schmoll

Deathblow
ok scratch that, I just looked them up, and the first four links I clicked on each described them as a different genre; death, thrash, hardcore and black (don't know how they worked that last one out), so screw it. Whatever they are, they're good at it.

dean7879
slayer are thrash metal son

Filth
Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpus
Dimmu Borgir
Darkthrone
Cradle of Filth
Slayer
The Berzerker

Thats all i can be assed thinking of now

tabby999
yeah, i'd say slayer are thrash. i'd say that Pantera are/were too

Filth
Wow there is a whole argument going on about slayer being death or thrash, well anyway i would say they are thrash big grin

Afro Cheese
Yeah.. they were around before the whole death metal thing. They were one of the bands that inspired it I think. Has anybody here ever heard the band "Dream Theatre"? My friend is a big fan of there's and they are pretty good. They are prog metal/prog rock.. pretty much the only prog metal band I know besides Opeth.

Filth
Hmm never head of it, dont like prog metal very much, death and black are better my fav death has gotta be morbid angle and fav black is dimmu borgir big grin

norrin radd

Fearnix
dream theatrelove

moshtitan
Slayer are like Thrash with death lyrics, and old school hxc elements. but if i had to put then in one group id say thrash.

SlipknoT
Slayer
Slipknot
Pantera
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
Type O Negative
Metallica
Megadeath
Hatebreed
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
Cannibal Corpse
Decied
Children of Bodom
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Trivium

a List of metal bands I like, im forgetting tons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.