what do you think of the actors in the movie spiderman and do they fit the part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blackwidowlover
my opinion is that MJ in the movie is nothing like the character in the comic. MJ had red wavy hair and stunning green eyes. Now i am sure they could have found someone that could more closely fit the part. They also told the story wrong MJ was NOT peters first love. Peter was in love with Gwen first and the green goblin killed her. It wasn't untill then that peter fell in love with MJ.

Now i am sure some of you have also noticed some character flaws
so do tell.

pinsleepe
oh, really? welcome to KMC!

Devalion
Um, this should have been posted in the Spiderman forum........But welcome to KMCsmile

sailormoon
Yeah this should have been posted in the Spiderman forum, but I don't watch the spiderman cartoon that much so I can't really answer that question, but from what I saw, they fit pretty well, though kirsten did differ from MJ a little. Welcome though! big grin

§words point
please post spidey stuff in the spidey foram and welocom

SpiderGurl
When I first heard Tobey Maguire was gonna play Peter Parker, I thought they were over-stressing the dorky side of Peter Parker. After watching Spiderman 2 though, I'm glad they picked Tobey to do the part. He has this boyish quality to him that really makes you sympathize with him. Btw, is Harry Osbourne in the movie anything like the Harry Osbourne from the comics/cartoon? I've never watched the cartoon series or read the comics so someone enlighten me.

Red Superfly
Um, not really. Harry looked even more dorky than Peter. He looked like a skinny clone of Norman. If you've seen Norman in the comics, Harry looked very similar, only weedier.

In the comics, both Harry and Norman had a haircut that seemed to come from Star Trek. To this day, I still don't understand the ginger corn-rows they wore.

I think the casting has been absolutely fantastic - except Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane.

Dunst would have been a brilliant Gwen Stacy, but MJ? Not a chance. Her red hair in the movies looks so fake too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.