Serendpity - Do trippy things like this ever happen to you???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
So, I drive the stake bed truck to replace a stove at this fine couple's apartment. After I do the job and do the job right, I'm sitting there in the truck calling my boss to touch base with him while I'm staring down the other street at some people moving furniture out of a house. This one guy looks like my friend, Eegan. Then I see this other guy who looks like Matt. Then I see this girl who looks like Jesse! Then I realize, IT IS EEGAN, MATT, AND JESSE!!!

So, I roll up and say, "Hi!," and Eegan goes, "Preston, you are our savior!"

I'm like, "What? I'm far from Godlike." So I get out and they inform me that they have to all move out of their house, which I had never been to, but was invited to many many times for bbq's, Texas Hold'em Poker Nights, etc. The problem was they had moved everything out except for this big ass wall piano that they didn't have a vehicle large enough for. I show up serendipitously and problem solved, for I had a giant stake bed truck with a 350 engine and a flat-bed equipped with an electric lift-gate. Needless to say, I was able to help them transport it to this market where some guy wanted it. The guy was there with us and all the sudden this lady from the other street walks up with her baby and is like, "Are you going to dump this or are you moving it somewhere?"

Eegan looks up at the guy and the guy says, "I was gonna hold it for now, but if you want it, it's yours."

So the lady explained that she was going to drive all the way to Utah to buy some cheap ass piano, but this one was better and would save her the trip. All it needed was a tune. Simple. And that's it. Many problems solved for other people just because I was in a stake bed truck with a lift at the right place and the right time for them. When I got back to work, no one even knew. shifty

Raven Guardia
cool...cool

RaventheOnly
punk

Tired Hiker
They even sent me off with a care package, yo! An eighteen pack of Cokescoke, some homemade herbal tea, and two other things I best not mention. whistle

silver_tears
It's fate then smile

§pearhead
I was gonna say that embarrasment but seriously...weird things happen for a reason stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
It even gets crazier! I'm mainly friends with Eegan and I just 'know' Matt and Jesse who are a couple. They are both responsible for finding people to work at the Coffee Camp at Burning Man every year. A friend told me about this and told me to mention Matt and Jesse's name when I tried to hop on the band wagon for work there to make a little cash while I'm on vacation. So, I emailed this lady and told her Matt and Jesse were my friends, with Matt and Jesse's consent through word of mouth, so I finally actually got to meet them in a way they won't forget me. I met them one time when they built the pirate ship we burned on the beach, but that's another story I will tell if ya'll want me to. erm

shellie
you were where you were meant to be at the right time . smile

ragesRemorse
what about the pirate ship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.