A Perfect Circle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
Wow, I searched and I can't believe there isn't already an APC thread. Anyways, I just bought "Thirteenth Step" today, can't stop listening to it. It's like a less intense version of Tool. rock

Alpha Centauri
They're freaking awesome.

"Thirteenth Step" came out in Sept so you're a little late. But better late than never. They aren't Tool but they don't try to be. Maynard sings different but awesome as always.

-AC

Deathblow
Thats weird I'm sure I made an APC thread ages ago...confused

What the hell. APC are excellent, so much more than a Keenan side project. Obviously not quite as good as Tool, but they don't live in the bigger band's shadow. Thirteenth Step is a good album, but Mer De Noms their first album is way better. Its got some of the best elements of Tool (poetic lyrics, generally trippy songs, best vocalist since Jimmy Page) but yet manages to be completely original. Love em.

Rose is a wonderful song especially happy

Alpha Centauri
I think "Thirteenth Step" was superior lyrically and musically in that it was softer and harder than "Mer De Noms". Although the debut had some better elements I feel "Thirteenth Step" is much more of a journey than "Mer De Noms".

-AC

Deathblow
Not me. Mer De Noms will always be one of my favorite albums, like of all time. It sounds more complete than Thirteenth Step, and also has a feel of mystery and mysticism that Thirteenth Step lacks. Plus, Mer De Noms is perfect from start to finish, while Thirteenth Step has one poor track on it; The Outsider.

I disagree with it being musically stronger. It may not be as complex at times, but its really nothing less than beautiful. For me the only tracks that compare to Mer De Noms off of Thirteenth Step are The Noose and Pet.

Fearnix
i love APC Mer De Noms was the better album than Thirteenth Step
but i have notested people who like death and black metal like Mer De Noms more

furryman
APC droolio

Fearnix
APC i loveyou

Fearnix
i love maynards voice its ****ing great

Alpha Centauri
"while Thirteenth Step has one poor track on it; The Outsider"

I don't think it was a weak track at all. I think it was excellent. Maynard doesn't have a weak track in him. Nothing that man would ever put out is weak. Then again I could go against you and say "Renholder" was like that for "Mer De Noms". Which I feel is truer.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I'd say they are equally good in different ways.

'(poetic lyrics, generally trippy songs, best vocalist since Jimmy Page)'

A?

Fearnix
witch did you like more APC or TOOL i am a tool man myself

Victor Von Doom
Tool are my favourite band.

Fearnix
hoooker with a penis is my fav song yours???

Victor Von Doom
I wouldn't say I had a single favourite, maybe Third Eye if I had to select one.

Fearnix
oh thats a ******* great song Aenima is my fav album so ******* good

Alpha Centauri
It is indeed.

Would be one of mine if I had to.

"Third Eye", "Eulogy", "Jimmy", "Aenima", "The Patient", "Parabol/Parabola", "Crawl Away". Some of mine. So hard to choose.

-AC

Fearnix
46 and 2 and hooker with a penis are the best off of aenima
prison sex and sober for undertow
parabola and the grudge for lateralis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.