The four most famous superheros

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Id go with:

Batman
Wolverine
Spiderman
Superman

Victor Von Doom
Hulk, Spider-man, Batman, Superman.

Wolverine is nowhere near Hulk.

Elektra_lover
Yeah he's right
Hulk, Spiderman, superman, and batman

ragesRemorse
yeah they are un questionably the most famous. with close contenders of daredevil, captain america, iron man, fantastic four, and silver surfer.

Joker1237
I thought it was Superman, Batman, Spiderman and Wonder-Woman,

close heros to these 4 are Hulk Silver Surfer, Cap, Flash, Geen Lat, And Hawk man

Victor Von Doom
What on Earth? If it wasn't for the dodgy tv show- of which Hulk has one- hardly anyone would know of Wonder Woman.

punkyhermy
Batman. Do i need three more??!

Joker1237
Well true Linda Carta did put Wonder Woman in the hearts of America for a while, But she has to be in the top 4, she almost as old as Batman, (40 something I sure) She has been around for a long time.

She is more well know as the hulk, I sure, And her fame is over dare Devil and the Sufer that I know, Adam west put Bats on the map, and Cartra put Wonder Woman on the map. She makes number 4 imo

SUPERMANDAMAN
superman batman spiderman and the hulk , all have top selling comics and they have all had their own movies.

Joker1237
Well Wonder Woman does have her movie 2, a few I might add, been a while, I think it was the 1970's some were, it was "OK" but not good or great class B movie if you will. but its a movie,

Victor Von Doom
Ask the average random person to name a hero, Hulk is going to be there a fair old amount of times. Wonder Woman would get a negligible mention.

Joker1237
ok I think people will say Wonder Woman more than Hulk But I be a shame to ask, one I dont live in a big city, and 2 I be laugh at. How about you do it?? lol

Daywalker
Perfect choices. I totally agree with you.

who?-kid
Why does everybody forget these two other VERY famous heroes ?

- Tarzan
- Zorro

You may laugh, but I'm pretty sure, on a global scale, these two are even more known than Batman and Hulk.

Joker1237
We might as well add the lone ranger, in the Tarzan and Zorro list. And James Bond too

who?-kid
And Stupendous Man.

moshtitan
lol!

LeAtHerRFace
Wolverine is past the hulk

LeAtHerRFace
yes ur my new friend big grin

Victor Von Doom
So untrue it's absurd. The Hulk is an iconic figure, Wolverine is a popular character among actual comic/cartoon/etc fans.

LeAtHerRFace
He is a figure, but he aint that famous anymore. When wolverine 1st appeared in the hulk comic, he was automaticly one of the most famous. After years past, wolverine has gained tremendous amount of popularity amongst comic fans and the general public.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Hulk Hogan, one of the worlds biggest popular culture icons is named after The Incredible Hulk. He has an icon named after him. Don't really get much bigger than that. Everyone knows The Hulk.

-AC

vu_Quang
Batman Robin Superman Spiderman

Arachnoidfreak
Superman, period. People who live in closets know who Superman is. People who live in sewers know who Superman is. Every culture on the planet knows who Superman is, except maybe certain isolated African Tribes, in the deep isolated jungles of Africa.

Daywalker
cheers

Jargon343
Wonder Woman and the Hulk would both get negligible mentions. If you asked an average (ie not comic book fan) person to name a single superhero, 70 percent would say Superman. 29 percent would say Batman. The other percent would be all the other heroes mentioned.

badsymbiote
I say Spidey, Superman, Batman and Wolverine, too. And in the interest of proving a point, I asked my sister, my niece, and 2 friends who don't know squat about comics.
They all said the same thing, save for one--who mentioned the Hulk instead of Logan.

Victor Von Doom
Hmm, I still don't see that. It would depend on the proliferation of non-comic imagery, which is never going to favour Wolverine. Right now there are the movies so it's a bit more open.

RaventheOnly
It has nothing to with the comics any of you must realize.. its the movies sad supermans movies were truly the most spanning and TV spots most numerous. X-Men right now are popular and Wolverine is one of the most popular amongst them... Hulk had a recent movie but kinda flopped... Spidermans movies are excellent and probably the most successful compared to any others.... Batman for God sake has had 4 movies .... three of which were really good and include extrodinarily popular actors.

Victor Von Doom
Like I said, that's a bit of current buzz. There's no way you'd go into an area without access to these recent movies, say name a superhero, and they'd name Wolverine above Hulk.

So what if some of us say Wolverine first, we know both of them. The point is who is more widely known.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly. My grandmother knows The Hulk.

More importantly, she knows his name. Not as Bruce but as David, which is wrong. But she knows he has the name "Banner". How many people could say:

Batman/Bruce Wayne? Not as many as Hulk.

It's little things like the getting angry and ripping of clothes. Only Superman has one of those traits, the phone box. But even then more people know the clothes ripping inadvertedly because of Hulk Hogan.

Even in other shows like Family Guy or The Simpsons, The Hulk gets more mention than any others.

I went to the cinema to see Daredevil and when the flashing Marvel logo came up someone said "Oh....it's a Marvel movie?". Farfetched it may be but Victor Von Doom can vouch for me that it happened. My point being that some people who love Superman and Batman probably don't even know there are comics of either. Everyone I know who knows The Hulk knows OF the comic book origin. It's for this reason Hulk is widely more known. Or at LEAST more iconic.

-AC

Joker1237
Well I still think Wonder Woman will be named in the top 4.

VENOMfan
who?

j/k

Alpha Centauri
Spider-Man is actually extremely well known. If anyone it's him who's the top contendor for being known. Before the movies.

-AC

badsymbiote
I knew Bruce Wayne by the time I was 6. And Clark Kent, and Peter Parker.

Betcha your grandmother knows Bill Bixby as well as the name "Banner"

Joker1237
Wayne at 5 or 6 too, but if it was not for Adam West I might not be a Bat fan today lol.

Alpha Centauri
"Betcha your grandmother knows Bill Bixby as well as the name "Banner"

Hahaha she actually does.

-AC

FrothByte
1.) bugs bunny
2.) tweety bird
3.) daffy duck
4.) mickey mouse

Arachnoidfreak
Those aren't superheros, they're cartoons.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I was thinking that. Didn't think he could possibli be serious though.

-AC

Jargon343
I've never met anyone who didn't know that Batman is Bruce Wayne, or that Superman is Clark Kent.

vu_Quang
ok SUPERMAN UNDOUBTLY NUMBER ONE..

BATMAN(Had Tv series and tw recent cartoon series admittly the beggining of the new style of the animated hero for tv style originated with batman.)

this is where things get tricky.. you can split these multiple ways.

we have the ROBIN(known from batman and is almost a reflex when you think batman),

WONDER WOMAN(she had a tv series, and 50% of the population may put her in the top four since they are woman, and Wonder Woman is undoublty a postive female role model.),

the INCREDIBLE HULK(enjoyable and most cool tv series, flopped movie{although i enjoyed every second of the hulk on screen,,although they were too few}),

the AMAZING SPIDERMAN( cartoons and tv series although the live action wasnt as half as good as HULK...BUT TWO MOVIES, GREAT MOVIES at that.!!)

WOLVERINE(may not be as know as by grandpeople as he is by children...doesnt have his own series...my aunt thought his name WAS X-MAN.. so obviously he's the popular one LOLOLOL)

no one needs to be considered past these people although honorable mentions should go to FLASH, and THING. just imho.

Arachnoidfreak
Wolverine does have his own comic series. Two actually.

vu_Quang
sorry about that. you're right actually i have a number of his comics, One right to the left of me in fact!!.. my mind set was in tv though but i dont know how i let that slip by.

still if you want to consider total popularity you'd have to not only consider comic book readers but the public who'd watch it on tv; that would normally never be interested in comics.

FrothByte
yup i know.... but hey, they're the most unbeatable characters in the world. and even my grandparents know them. lol

Alpha Centauri
If you wanna talk about old people...

My Grandfather used to do this thing that scared me when I was a baby. Whilst doing it he'd say "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry".

He was referring to The Incredible Hulk before I even knew of comics. Bearing in mind he has never owned a comic in his life yet knows the character, name of character's alter ego and catch phrase.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
That's nothing. I bet he knew "Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPERMAN!" too. and that Clark Kent was Superman.

Alpha Centauri
"That's nothing. I bet he knew "Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPERMAN!" too. and that Clark Kent was Superman."

Yeah but that's equal then. Plus, Metropolisians must be pretty dumb to think it's a bird. Yeah sure. A big man shaped blue and yellow bird. Or a plane for the same reason. Also, like birds and planes look the same.

If you saw Hulk you wouldn't think "Oh look it's a big green bear."

Hahaha.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
laughing well, I agree, but that doesn't make Superman any less famous.

Victor Von Doom
It does if many sightings of him were passed of as being a pigeon.

Joker1237
The person who is most blind in Metropolisians is Louis Lane, She sees Superman face to face many times, And Superman just puts on Glasses and ha ha, Louis Lane does not know who Superman is.

Clark Kent can be in the Superman outfit with the glasses on, and Louis Lane would say, Kent you know your not Superman, so get out of that suit.

Arachnoidfreak
Lois Lane is MARRIED to Superman/Clark Kent. Clark told her his secret already, a loooong time ago.

Joker1237
ok back in the old days that would happen

Predator 89
Superman, Batman, spider-man Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.