motown controversy (sp)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

loserib
check it out

Black Leaders Express Outrage Over ABC-TV Selection of Justin Timberlake as Co-Host of "Motown 45" Special

A coalition of prominent African American organizations and leaders are
demanding that the American Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) remove entertainer Justin Timberlake as co-host of "Motown 45," the upcoming ABC-TV special. Outraged over the selection of Timberlake to co-host this musical celebration, the coalition is launching a national e-mail, fax and phone campaign against ABC to protest Timberlake's inclusion in the Motown tribute.

Motown has a proud and historic legacy of being one of America's greatest
musical institutions. It has launched the careers of some of the most prominent African American artists in recording history including Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross and The Supremes, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles, The Four Tops, The Commodores, Lionel Ritchie, The Tempations and the Jackson Five. "The selection of Timberlake as co-host of this Motown special is a cultural insult to the black community," says Najee Ali, Executive Director, Project Islamic HOPE. "This special, celebrating the success of the legendary music label, should not be compromised in the pursuit of a crossover audience."

In addition, Timberlake's recent handling of the Super Bowl incident has been
met with harsh criticism in the black community. He immediately distanced
himself following his performance with Janet Jackson and failed to accept his
responsibility in the "wardrobe malfunction." "I mean I was completely shocked and appalled, and all I could say was, 'Oh, my God, Oh, my God,'" Timberlake told reporters at a recent Grammy rehearsal.

"We cannot support Justin Timberlake co-hosting Motown 45," says Ali. "We
are asking concerned citizens to call, fax and email ABC-TV in protest."

now i dont like justins music but thats some bullshit man if it were a white awards show and people saying they did not want an african american to cohost their would be a big uproor and public out cry the show would be boycotted their would be protest and what not
so what does every one else think i think this shows extreme racism in the muisc bussiness

GABRIEL05
all of them should be thrown on an island in the middle of the south pacific ocean!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.