Land of the Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
is definetly a go. No real news about production yet..........but still worth discussing. I eagerly await it's filming and release.

on a sad note.........Diamond Dead is now in jeopardy as Romero has chosen to go ahead with Land of the Dead first. Rumor has it that his Diamond Dead backers aren't too keen on that.

BackFire
Land of the dead should be his first priority.

§words point
An Island of zombies?

zombieman
What is Land of the Dead? the new title for Dead Reckoning?? If so I prefer the original title.

Evil Dead
I believe we all feel that way. I personally think he took what his fans would think into consideration when making his decision. I think that's atleast part of the reason he dedided to go with Land first instead of Diamond Dead.............still sucks to hear that Diamond Dead may not be happening now.

BackFire
I really don't care about Diamond Dead, canning that is a small price to pay for Land of the Dead.

Evil Dead
zombieman...........no title was ever etched in stone. He was just throwing ideas around. Land of the Dead was one of the first titles he was tossing around too............I like it better than Dead Reckoning. Keeps with the ....of the Dead tradition.

BackFire
I agree, Dead Reckoning, while sounding neat, didn't go with the naming scheme of the films.

Cinemaddiction
Well, ****. I was hoping it would be called "Afternoon of the Dead".

Oh well, Land of the Dead it is.

End of story.

Bitches.

§words point
how about "Island of the Dammed"

Cinemaddiction
Well, "Land of the Dead" sounds too old, almost bordering on "Land of the Lost", IMO.

"Island of the Damned" touches too close to "Isle of the Dead". In addition to that "Island of the Living Dead" was the alternate title for "Zombie(2)", and "Island of the Last Zombies" was the alternate title for "Zombie Holocaust". There was also an Italian horror flick by Lenzi, from 1980 entitled "City of the Walking Dead", which was about the same as "Night of the Living Dead", "Dawn of the Dead", "Day of the Dead", and "Return of the Living Dead", "House of the Living Dead", and of course Fulci's "City of the Living Dead". Not to mention "Evil Dead".

So, as you can see, zombie movies are on thin ice when it comes to titles for their movies. wink

Evil Dead
god damn it c-dic........If you go around calling people bitches in every post, people are going to get used to it and won't get so uppity when I do it sad

tabby999
what about "mid morning of the dead" or "late evening of the dead." i like them

@F1
As long as it has Dead in the title, I dont really care, I just want this movie made ASAP.

What I have read about it, sounds cool , could be the best yet.

Evil Dead
that would be a mighty tall order.

@F1
with Fries

BackFire
Got some news on Land of the Dead for everyone.

So far, Dennis Hopper and Tom Savini are the only cast member's listed.

Dennis Hopper...awesome choice if you ask me.

tabby999
what about Rob Zombie....simply for the name, and cos the man loves horror so damn much

SaTsuJiN
I hope its the ultimate zombie flick... it'll really suck if it winds up like house of the dead or worse -_-... last good zombie movie I saw was 28 days later.. if you can really call it a zombie movie

BackFire
Well, Land of the Dead is being written and Directed by the God of the zombie genre - George Romero, I have faith that he'll make this a good film. He's yet to fail when it comes to a zombie flick.

Evil Dead
also.......

KNB Studios is doing the FX for the film...............also great to hear.

zombieman
Superb! All I need to hear now is that Savini is attached to do the gore effects.

Evil Dead
no...

KNB does the effects............Savini is strictly an actor on this film........but, Savini did pass along his knowledge to the KNB guys as they used to work for him.

Lord_Andres
Dusk Of The Dead would be the perfect title IMO

Pandemoniac
Aaaw yeah! This might finally be the rebirth of the zombie genre. As the coolest of those lately was indeed 28 Days later, and I don't need to add that that's no a real zombie-flick actually, so I'd say that past the early nineties this genre bled to death.
I like the storyline so far, although it seems Romero is influenced by other (zombie) movies this time. As in the fact that he evolves the undead to more lethal beings, instead of the quick-as-frozen-shit retards he displayed in the other movies. It adds up to the conclusions made in Day of the Dead dough...maybe he is just hanging on the thoughts he had then, never mind.
The sort of 'Escape from New York' environment could work very nicely on this, I'm very curious. I know I can trust him on not getting dragged away by a probably big budget and mess this up with over-abuse of CGI and no storyline or real scares, as some other 'horror directors' tend to do. Looking forward to this one!

BadKitty
my only hope about evolving zombies is that they are like in 28 days or dawn of the dead remake where the zombies were seriously violent and could run at top speeds...for some reason that aspect alone in those 2 movies scared the living crap out of me.

just in case no one seen this nice bit of news I thought I'd post it (from the kmc home page)

dennis hopper?! I think that will rock!

Pandemoniac
Quite right! With all dough respect for Romero's earlier movies, the zombies in 28 days later and the remake of Dawn were far more threatening. The former Romero zombies were fooled, outran and killed fairly easy, they only became really dangerous in numbers and/or in close quarters. let's see what they are capable of now...

I'm very happy about the casting of Dennis Hopper and Tom Savini (at least, I've read that some were as wel). Both characteristic actors and are just perfect for this thing. Hopefully Savini get's to be sort of like Sex Machine again, that guy ruled. Guess Hopper will do his usual tough guy thing.

Zilverz
Here is some Set Photos for Land of the Dead

this is from canadian dood
----------------
"Here's what I saw last night was what looked like Road Warriors driving
through town. Three stunt people blasted through town on motorcycles, they
were dressed like the drifters in Dawn. They all carried machine guns.

Later they re-shot the same scene and added a station wagon from hell with
about 5 more drifters. They were armed to the teeth with M60 machine guns
attached to the sides and a huge M80 on the back.

Finally before I took off they shot the same scene but they got to shoot
some zombies. They are your average zombies, they haven't evolved or
anything. One was a cheerleader (full outfit, she looked damn cold), they
just shuffled around and got shot down by the drifters. Up the street I
heard they had some more wrecked cars, couldn't get up there.

I really wish they'd let me take pictures of them but cameras were forbidden
when they started filming. They didn't care during the day. They're filming
for 3 more days."

Zilverz
I just read over at Bloody-disgusting that :

"
Time to gush with joy because I've got some big big news for you all! After losing the battle and storming off the set on the last day of shooting, it looks as if George Romero has won the war. I've just been informed that Universal is so happy with Romero's Land of the Dead that they've given him more money to do some (what I've been told) "extremely necessary" reshoots. I cannot tell you specifically what, but I can say I've heard some incredibly optimistic things about Romero's fourth zombie pic and it's said to become "even better." More news in the coming weeks. Land, which may see an earlier release date, stars Simon Baker, Robert Joy, John Leguizamo, Dennis Hopper, Pedro Miguel Arce, Krista Bridges, Eugene Clark, Boyd Banks, Asia Argento and many more.
"

SnakeEyes
I just watched the trailer and it looks pretty awesome...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/landofthedead/

Deano
trailer didnt impress me

SnakeEyes
I have faith that it will be a good movie

Lord_Andres
I really dont know about this one, Romero is good an all, but it just seems as it to much like the Dawn remake(the trailer didint indicate anything else, I would hate to see it be true, anyway I will deffently give it a go when it gets releast

SnakeEyes
There we go! I will see it with my buds...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.