Evenesence!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blackwidowlover
she is beautiful and she can sing
she is the terrific AMY LEE

what do you say?

blackwidowlover
everyone has the right to their own opinon

no fighting no biting
I always say

?1 do you think she is pretty?

?2 do you think she can sing?

?3 if so why would you say that?

?4 and if not who is your band of choice and why

Elektra_lover
I think they are great.

Victor Von Doom
I say, the band is not Amy Lee, she ain't bad looking, and being able to sing is more or less her job: not a great achievement.

blackwidowlover
answer these questions and let everyone know what you think

smile

Alpha Centauri
I say she's decent looking, the biggest poser around and someone who uses studio engineering to make her voice sound better (she has admitted this by the way.)

Someone needs to tell her that she isn't and never will be Cristina Scabbia.

-AC

blackwidowlover
so who do you like

tool? radio head?

blackwidowlover
she has had 8 years of choir to train her voice and she uses the machines so she doesn't need back up singers

furryman
I don't like Evanescence.
But in the 'Going Under' (or whatever it's called) video - there's a moment underwater, right after she crowd surfs, where she looks at the camera and smiles...goddamn.. droolio

blackwidowlover
hehehehhe

Darth Revan
?1 do you think she is pretty?
God yes droolio

?2 do you think she can sing?
Hell no... She has a pretty voice but she doesn't have the lungs to be a rock vocalist. Her voice isn't powerful enough for the genre.

?3 if so why would you say that?
Explained it already, as well as the fact that her lyrics suck

?4 and if not who is your band of choice and why?
Maynard James Keenan in both Tool and A Perfect Circle. He's a genius lyricist, and he can sing like hell. Keenan is the quintessential rock vocalist.

Elektra_lover
My favriot song of theirs at the moment is My Immortal

Alpha Centauri
"tool? radio head?"

Yes.

"she has had 8 years of choir to train her voice and she uses the machines so she doesn't need back up singers"

A) So besides her 8 years of training she still needs them? Point proven.

B) So besides needing backing singers she wants to trick you all into thinking it's just her so she uses machines? Point proven again.

-AC

TrAnCeDuO
isnt there already an Evenesence thread around here? meh whatever....

1 do you think she is pretty?
yeah sorta

2 do you think she can sing?
yes she gives the band a very dramatic and unique feel

Fearnix
there ok

shes ok looking

not bad 6 out of 10 mabe

she just cant sing that well

TOOL or Led Zeplin

punkyhermy
evaneswcence are amazing!
they create a type of music .... that is a mixture of others.
amy is talented. very talented!
wait i will post later

furryman
I can't wait til AC sees that wink *gets front row ticket*

Alpha Centauri
Stand back Furryman.

Punky? Step into the arena. OH I'MA GAWNA OPEN A CAN O' WHOOPEN ON YO' ASSSS!!!!!

Nah just kidding. I'd whoop you.

But seriously, let's look at the subject matter or even song titles which are a dead give away:

"Bring Me To Life", "My Immortal", "Going Under" and "Everybody's Fool".

All of them are set in a sad, "look how bad my life is" kind of tone with similar reflective lyrics.

So how hollow do her words seem when she is doing interviews on VH-1 smiling all over the place about how happy she is? Yes, very hollow is the answer you want to say and if it isn't it should be.

What these fake, pretentious wannabes need to realise is that making sad music isn't a ****ing gimmick.

Layne Staley and Kurt Cobain, people who made depressive and sad music alot of the time, weren't doing it coz they wanted to seem deep or appeal to stupid little kids who think they have bad lives just coz their mother and father wont up their allowance. You know why they made that sort of music?......

They made that sort of music because they were pissed off with life and the way it was for them. They were pissed off with people and they wanted to get out of it. They hated the fame. Which is why one of them is now dead.

A) Will Amy Lee ever commit suicide because of the fame she has?

B)Will she ever commit suicide due to the depression she writes about?

A) No

and B).......No.

-AC

punkyhermy
umm that sad thing is their style....
and i think amy has a good attitude towards everyone....she is pretty talented compared to britney and etc, i dont think she is trying to be Cristina Scabbia....
their lyrics are not crap but not very high class either!
i think they are a very good band and deserve what they got.
amy does not use machanical voices, i have heard her sing live and she is brilliant,well sometimes she isnt that brilliant but yeah most of the times like the one in england, she sang my immortal beautifully. i have heard she is sick, some throat sour thing.....
i hope she gets better.
sooo do any one of you know when their new album is coming out?

Elektra_lover
I need to get the first one sad

Alpha Centauri
"umm that sad thing is their style...."

Should depression be a style though? Isn't that a bit disrespectful to those like Kurt Cobain who have committed suicide through it? Yes it is and it's wrong. Especially considering in real life they aren't actually depressed at all.

"and i think amy has a good attitude towards everyone....she is pretty talented compared to britney and etc, i dont think she is trying to be Cristina Scabbia..."

She has a good attitude toward everyone? You've met her and you would know this? Also, anyone is pretty talented next to Britney. Then again, she doesn't do anything Britney already does. Just coz they have a (rather lame) band, she still uses perfomance and voice enhancing tools on her voice. So all of what you hear isn't her, it's making her voice sound better. They even have the backing track playing at their live gigs to make her voice sound bigger.

"i think they are a very good band and deserve what they got.
amy does not use machanical voices, i have heard her sing live and she is brilliant,well sometimes she isnt that brilliant but yeah most of the times like the one in england, she sang my immortal beautifully. i have heard she is sick, some throat sour thing....."

The band are not even good, let alone very good. A very good band are Foo Fighters. Evanescence are not on their level by a long shot. Amy does use mechanical and engineering programs.

"When we play big arenas I can't project that much power behind my voice as I do in videos and such so we use a backing tape. In the studio I don't have to work as hard or work my voice and throat as bad because we can make it sound larger on a computer."
-Amy Lee 2003 Kerrang TV Interview.

Gonna argue with her?

-AC

Deathblow
^ exactly what I was going to say.

She is very pretty though. The part in their latest video where she pulls the motorcycle helmet off and flicks her hair back...yeah.

m!$hA
roll eyes (sarcastic) boys!
uh whos christina blah blah....
and sick evanesance!

Alpha Centauri
"She is very pretty though. The part in their latest video where she pulls the motorcycle helmet off and flicks her hair back...yeah."

Oh I'd do her. I'd give her a thrashing worthy of Shergar. Make no mistake. She's just shit.

Cristina Scabbia, Misha, is the lead singer of Lacuna Coil. A band who I think are ok-good at best. Can be VERY pretentious and a bit played out. Far worse about, with Nightwish being the best.

-AC

Exabyte
I like Evanescence though it's commerce-rock - Amy Lee has a beautiful voice (or excellent studion engineers), most of the songs are amazing and you can listen to them for ages without getting bored (except for "My Immortal" erm) and their lyrics are imo also great... they could be better though.

Darth Revan
Lacuna Coil are IMO infinitely better than Evanescence... I'm not that big of a fan of theirs, but they beat the hell out of that crap.

punkyhermy
ummm... guys i am just giving my opinion....
i LOVE Evanescence and that should not be a problem to haters...
what ever she does with her voice i know it ends up looking beautiful... i am not saying she has the best voice ever but for her level she is doing pretty well. i say Celine Dion has an amzing voice... amy is just a starter and she is a very talented starter.... . look i know that you don't like them... but the thing is that the depressing songs can relate to people too... if not every one... but her voice makes her songs even better... so yeah i lisen to them and i am not depressed, but they do relate to many of my fav characters. she is a good lyrics writer and a good singer(IMO)

lacuna Coil.... they are ok...
i know for sure that amy can sing better than cristina scabbia, i was just listeninig to her... but hey i am just giving my opinion, she might not be my type, but she might be you'r type....
besides i am no music expert...

punkyhermy
here is a minor live performance by amy lee, just click going under live whatever....
it is not a concert but this proofs her voice!

http://yahooligans.yahoo.com/content/music/artist?id=10045

Silver Stardust
Meh, I like Evanescence...though the lyrics are far too depressing, it's like they cater especially to all the teenagers out there that think they're depressed over dumb things no expression I dunno...Evanescence is something I have to be in the right mood to listen to.

Deathblow
That wasn't terrible, she hit the notes ok mostly, but she doesn't sound very special at all, and there is no way in hell she could keep that up for very long. You can tell from that performance; she doesn't have the lungs to be the kind of vocalist she's trying to be. I really think its time she faced facts and realised she'll never be Tori Amos erm

And the acoustic version of that song really doesn't work. That guy needs some guitar lessons.

punkyhermy
Tori Amos is brilliant! Very poetic and i love her lyrics. Her voioce IS music.Too bad she sux at video making! My favorite song is 'winter', 'crucify' 'silent all these years', 'a sorta fairytale' really beautiful songs!!!!!

punkyhermy
Oh and has anybody heard 'Broken' ? It is a very beautiful song by Seether and Amylee.

Darth Revan
No offense but I hate that song... It was kind of okay when I first heard it but they played it so goddamn many times on the radio that I've gotten to the point where I just can't stand it... Some Evanescence is alright, but I can't stand that song messed

punkyhermy
oh really?? I dunno...I love the song...Seether's voice...

Silver Stardust
I liked that song until I heard it played on the radio 6 times in one day no expression

Elektra_lover
I love my Immortal. Ive been listing to it alot since last night

Darth Revan
and I love "Mic Check" rock

Broken_Johnson
Hey... does anyone else think that Amy Lee is addicted to heroin? My friend is always listening to that song "Tourniquet" and it sounds like she is addicted to heroin..... "I tried to kill that pain, but only brought more"... "My god, my tourniquet, return to me salvation"..... "My tourniquet, my suicide"...... I don't know... but to me that screams "I'm a heroin addict!"

Darth Revan
She's not on heroin... Just because she has a song called "tourniquet" doesn't mean she's on heroin. Or that she actually wants to commit suicide.

starshine
pukeI'm sorry

Alpha Centauri
"what ever she does with her voice i know it ends up looking beautiful"

In that case, pull a random off the street and give them the studio treatment. Watch them come out sounding like a star.

"i know for sure that amy can sing better than cristina scabbia, i was just listeninig to her"

No way. Cristina is far from great but come on now. At least she doesn't use studio engineering.

"though the lyrics are far too depressing"

Go listen to Jeff Buckley's "Grace" album then anything by Evanescence will seem like Barney the Dinosaur does "Wheels on the bus".

"Tori Amos is brilliant! Very poetic and i love her lyrics. Her voioce IS music.Too bad she sux at video making! "

It's music not cinema.

"Or that she actually wants to commit suicide."

Wouldn't exactly be losing an AIDS cure if she went through with it. Not that she ever would because as depressed as she claims to be we all know she couldn't live without her MTV Awards and her money that she's making from conning all the dumb kids.

-AC

Darth Revan
If people ever realize how much Evanescence suck, THEN she might actually be depressed yes

Elektra_lover
awh guys stop please?

Alpha Centauri
I defended you! I'm just stating my Evanescence opinion that's all.

-AC

finti
Saw an interview with the lead singer, does she have some screw loose in her head or what? She is totally blank on the history of the genre of their music. She believes they started the entire thing, talk about making a complete ass of yourself on a wide scale. What a moron, I hope someone question her on real events around the world cause she might not be blond but she must be one of trhe music industry biggest earhead

Elektra_lover
sad

punkyhermy
ummm....
i don't think amy is that dumb...
i have seen her interviews too... and she does not answer dumb....
she is nice , well atleast looks and acts it. ok so wat if she said that... well ok maybe her music is what she created, or atleast thought they created it. and i sorta agree with her, i have not heard music like
po,rock,goth,etc mixed together for a long time.
i think amy is a .... well ok you guys are the haters and you have every right to give you'r opinion, and maybe you don't like the music i like so yeah....
in my opinion she ROCKS!

Elektra_lover
you tell um ph

Fearnix
i like them but i know there pop i should hate them but i dont its so ****ing odd

finti
hmm artists like Nightwish, Theatre of Tragedy, Type O Negative have been playing that stuff for over a decade not to mentioned Bauhaus, and the first two bands have female vocalists as well and are very similare in apperance as well. This genre have been real populare in Europe espesially in Germany since the late 80`s.

I give this Arkansas chick Amy Lee credit for her voice though and that the band are what they are comming form Arkansas and all.

Even so she didnt come off good in the interview I saw

PunisherFan33
amy lee is really hotttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! she can bang me any time.

PunisherFan33
yes

punkyhermy
lol!
really?
i always thought thoess bands were very metallic hard rock!

punkyhermy
Agreed.

Fearnix
Type O Negative kick asss and are one of my fav bands but sound nothing like them finti

Elektra_lover
im confused

Fearnix
why ????

Darth Revan
Just because they "invented" their "genre" doesn't make it a good thing...

finti
same genre though

very true and they didnt invent it

no they are goth rock pop, they get softer with each album, Theatre fo tradegy started out from the Norwegian black metal scene but soon drifted into the goth. Other bands that we can mention is Lacuna Coil from Italy and Gathering from Holland.

The thing with Evanescence is that they scored a major hit in the states which again show the importance of breaking that market over there.
Evanescence "cleaned up" and made a more pop sound more suitable for the getting airtime on the radio, but the fact is that the bands I have mentioned have been on it since the early 90`s. Bauhaus is considered as the founding fathers of this genre they released their debut album in 1980 and had a hit in all over Europe in 1983 with "She`s In Parties"

furryman
christian goth rock pop wink

finti
if that exist, ok then.

loserib
haha thats funny
christain goth rock pop
thats what they are and does any else think its absurd that thier are christain goth bands to begin with what will we have next
christain deathmetal

PunisherFan33
yea they are kind of hard rock.

finti
who?

Fearnix
loserib have you heard of a band called Christian Death???

Darth Revan
Christian death metal blink

furryman
A christian "youth worker" at my school decided for one assembly, to play 'Bring Me To Life' a few times, with the words projected on screen, and teach us the meanings.
I'm scarred.

Elektra_lover
lol

Fearnix
no the band Christian Death

Chris Reeves
I'm a little intrigued by this. You can write a sad song and be pissed, totally off the edge depressed with life and not kill yourself. I don't see any validation in comitting suicide either. That Cobain was weak enough to leave a wife and daughter behind because he "hated" the fame doesn't give him much kudos with me.

Adam West
Also = Have you never heard of artists venting such emotions through their music?

Not to defend Evenesence but we find your points weak and your intellect limited.

- Until Next Time -

Alpha Centauri
Adam West,

I find your name silly. But that isn't relevant is it? No. However, I'll start by telling you how wrong you are.

Venting through music is fair enough. But when you use a certain stance to sell records to certain people, in this case, depression. I think it's disrespectful to those who made music like that genuinely. I can tell Evanescence are faking it coz as I have said, you can't be so upset with life one second then be on MTV Music Awards presenting awards saying how it's a dream to be there.

"I don't see any validation in comitting suicide either. That Cobain was weak enough to leave a wife and daughter behind because he "hated" the fame doesn't give him much kudos with me."

Neither do I, I think suicide is pointless. What's your point? I'm not condoning his actions. I'm saying that given the way he wrote and people like him wrote, it's disrespectful in my eyes to view what they did was a style rather than a state of mind. Then going off and making music "like" it because it's how you wanna put yourself across.

-AC

finti
well she cant beat of Jessica Simpson though, no competition at all

Fearnix
Alpha Centauri thumb up

punkyhermy
ummm
Alpha Centauri.....
i have nothing against you hating them, but i don't understand wat you have against their lyrics. Fine they are not all happy, but ....'like' who cares. thoes depresing lyrics do relate to many people.
by the way can you please tell me where you heard the 'mechanical voice' news... or link a website or a video where she says that.

Alpha Centauri
"but i don't understand wat you have against their lyrics. Fine they are not all happy, but ....'like' who cares. thoes depresing lyrics do relate to many people."

They aren't depressing lyrics, is what I'm saying. If you listen to Evanescense and get depressed then......well.....you suck, quite frankly. You have to be an emotional whooping ***** to let Evanescence of all things make you depressed.

As for the "mechanical voice", I never said it was mechanical. I said she uses a program (or gets producers to) that aids her voice in making it sound bigger and smoother on records. It's called Pro-Tools. She said it in Kerrang Magazine. I had the magazine and if I can find it I'll scan it, not sure if I still have it but you may be able to find it online, as you are the one who needs the proof. Not me, I've seen it.

-AC

furryman
Evanescence make me depressed sad

Darth Revan
You suck, furryman! mad shock

stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
The only feeling close to depressed that they make me is:

"Good God these people suck so ****ing hard I feel like crying."

That was a lie and exaggeration. I just think:

"Hahaha pathetic poser idiots."

-AC

PunisherFan33
Evenescence

finti
whimpy kind of hard rock then

Darth Revan
Evanescence are radio-friendly "alternative", which is in many cases an oxymoron.

Fearnix
i may like Evenesence but they are basicly pop music with a a hint of rock and the lyrics arent depressings

punkyhermy
pop....
yeah they are poprock, and that pop is not why a person should hate them....
atleast its sensible pop, unlike britney people!!!!
they have a good music genre!
not to much rock, not to much pop!
i think its more like a mixure!

Darth Revan
I don't hate them because they're pop. I hate them because they suck.

Fearnix
they are pop but i like them embarrasment

Fearnix
dose it realy matter tho

Darth Revan
no, it doesn't matter...

Fearnix
smile

Df02
Evanescence arent pop-rock...theyre goth-pop a new wave of even worse music lol

Fearnix
i know what you mean the rasmars sick

furryman
I'll second that: sick

Fearnix
i,ll triple that sick

RachZeSI
Last Thursday I went to see them in concert--Amy Lee's voice is amazing in concert, and no she wasn't lipsinking. The band is awesome too! I love Evanescence, their older stuff is better though. Every band or singer out their uses audio enhancement stuff on their CD's, they have to. If you listen to their first single "Bring Me to Life" you would notice she did that to get the deep creepy whispering for her.
~Rach~

Elektra_lover
YOUR SOOO LUCKY

punkyhermy
IKNOW~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!!!!
tell me does amy lee's voice break off ?
coz you know the performances i see on computer....
are not as good as the real thing, her voice sortof breaks out...
not in my immortal and breath no more...
she does those two the best!
and everybody's fool worst!
but she rocks!
since you told me you heard her voice... AND its good?

PippinTook
Evanescence is pretty good....I'm not taking sides, though....I agree with punkyhermy but I also agree with everyone who's against Evanescence....Amy can sing alright, but a lot of it IS machine crap....If she just used her own voice without all the crappy voice enhancers, she'd be a little better confused And I agree with Darth Revan about the lyrics...She's not depressed at all in real life...So why sing about it? Eh.... If she sang music that actually meant something to her instead of just writting gothic style music that she thinks is cool, it might work out better....

I like "Broken" the first few times I heard it.....But then I started hearing it fifty times a day confused Then it just got annoying...Same with "My Immortal".....So, yeah.

punkyhermy
I LOVE "BROKEN" and "MY IMMORTAL"

smittenkitten
Oh good f*ck, give it up. Evanescence blows.

-Smitten Kitten-

finti
if people like them , let them

loserib
check it out heres an interview done with jonathan davis and chester from insyncin park and what they had to say about evenessance

KORN's Jonathan Davis and LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington recently spoke to Revolver magazine about the hundreds of bands that have copped their sound in the years since their came out with their first albums. "It ****ing sucks," Davis said. "At first, it was totally flattering. The first time I remember was the SEPULTURA 'Roots' record, the one Ross did. I sat there with my ****ing jaw on the floor, like, 'You gotta ****ing be kidding me!' But I looked up to SEPULTURA way back when, so it was kind of flattering. Then a gazillion copycats copped the sound too. It makes music suck. It's like, go find your own ****ing style. We found one. LINKIN found one. And Chester, if I was you, I'd be beating EVANESCENCE's ass."

"It's funny," Chester said. "I met them in the studio when they were recording their record. We were both recording in the same building. I was talking to . And she was nice. She said, 'We're having these problems. Everyone at our label wants us to be you.' I told her that's lame. She agreed. She said they went as far as wanting to ask Mike to do a part on a song. She said, 'We knew he wouldn't do it.' So they're running around trying to get guys in other bands to do it like he would. ' I told her to be herself and tell the label to put it where the sun doesn't shine. But the next thing I heard was 'Bring Me to Life' with a guy that sounded just like Mike. It was a little upsetting."

furryman
wierd, I was reading that, went downstairs and they were on the radio

Darth Revan
No... Maynard James Keenan doesn't in either of his bands, Serj Tankian from SOAD doesn't, Marilyn Manson doesn't, the singer of Velvet Revolver doesn't, Brandon Boyd doesn't, Jon Davis doesn't, plenty of bands don't... And any of them (with the exception of Manson and Davis) have better (and more powerful) voices than Amy Lee, without having to digitally modify them.

punkyhermy
look, i know amy doesn't you the speacial smoothe or whatever.
i have heard her sing live. and she is awseom!!!!
yeah maybe she screw up a couple of times... i don't ccare!!! i know she is talented.

Arachnoidfreak
I used to think Evenesence was great...then I listened to them for a second time...then it just got ridiculous. Then I found out they used to be a Christian band...they've become tainted in my eyes. Amy Lee isn't that hot, and there are singers 50 times better than she is out there, lead singer of Lacuna Coil for one.

Anyway, I prefer sticking to Tool, Lacuna Coil, Stone Tmeple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails and other similar bands.

Alpha Centauri
"Every band or singer out their uses audio enhancement stuff on their CD's, they have to. If you listen to their first single "Bring Me to Life" you would notice she did that to get the deep creepy whispering for her."

How silly. No one I listen to uses pro-tools to make it seem like they're better than they are just to shift more records. Evanescence do.

I never said Amy Lee lip syncs. I said she uses backing tapes live and also uses studio engineering on records. She does, I'm not saying that coz I don't like Evanescence. I'm saying it coz it's true. She has admitted it and I have seen her admit it. So did everyone else who got that magazine. You think she is talented. It's not a fact. It's an opinion. It's fact that she uses pro-tools. Not opinion. Evanescence stole their style, as proven, from Linkin Park. A band who already aren't exactly magical. They could have left their label like any other decent, credible band would have. But no, they bent over and took it up the anus for more and more money and more record sales.

Evanescence are shit. You can't fight fact with opinion. I have given facts to prove why they're shit and if you still like them, you like puppets. So have a good day.

-AC

Fearnix
Arachnoidfreak how can yo u like bands likeTool, Lacuna Coil, Stone Tmeple Pilots and Nine Inch Nails but like pearl jam aswell they ****ing suck

J@deM@ximoff
Evanescence is the hottest thing i have ever heard and i don't care what y'all say. rock

bunny Fear the bunnies! bunny bunnies are goin take over the world.

Df02
wtf....Pearl Jam are good, best grunge band ever lol

finti
guess that goes the other way around too cool

lil bitchiness
Evenesence sucks. Im sorry but they do.

They copied Lacuna Coil, which is even bigger minus for them.

Fearnix
Lacuna Coil kick ass
pearl jam suck ass

punkyhermy
lacuna coil is not like evanescence...
gosh!
Lacua Coil has different music style!!!!
amy sings poprock,goth, mixed!!
i am not a LC fan but i have heard a couple of their songs...
they are ok i guess...
but they don't sound alike.
the bands got lead singers.. who are girls, so you saying that amy should stop being in a band coz cristina scabbia is in a band.
Amy sings with her voice. cristina sings with her voice!!!
they are different, always different.

furryman
wacko Try sentences and paragraphs.

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud Did you just say Lacuna Coil are different style of music to Evenesence laughing out loud

Evenesence are a carbon copy of Lacuna Coil, its quite amusing actually.

Try listening to Lacuna Coil.

Darth Revan
Lacuna Coil rock...

It's like the Matrix movies. The original was great. But now people like Will Smith are copying them and doing crappy jobs of it. Lacuna Coil is the Matrix, Evanescence is I, Robot. stick out tongue

furryman
Ironic how Will Smith was a potential 'one' stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
"amy sings poprock,goth, mixed!!"

She doesn't sing goth. Eyeliner, dark hair and furry black angel wings don't equal a goth. Get it right.

"Amy sings with her voice. cristina sings with her voice!!!
they are different, always different."

Yeah. One sucks, one doesn't. Amy isn't the latter, work it out.

Lacuna Coil aren't The Matrix of anything in music. That title belongs to Tool. They're good. I wouldn't say they are anything more.

Soundgarden are my personal favourite grunge band (in relation to the Pearl Jam disses) but Alice In Chains are the most talented grunge band. Pearl Jam are great though. They don't suck.

-AC

Elektra_lover
Heres an idea how bout everyone who is bashing them just dont reply

finti
yeah then it would be all so objective replys

Darth Revan
Obviously they're not "The Matrix of music" if you're talking about all music... I was really just comparing LC and Evanescence... One is a crappy ripoff of the other.

finti
if i were a performer or member of a band being called the matrix of music would to me be an insult due to the fact I think Matrix sucks

Arachnoidfreak
I, Robot is based on the book, which the Matrix copied as well. the book "I, Robot" has been around for a VERY long time, and there are alot of things based on it.

Alpha Centauri
The book The Matrix was largely based on is called Neuromancer by William Gibson.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Well, the Matrix borrowed from ALOT of things. just The "Second Renaissance" part, where the machines take over, is based on I, Robot. Of course, without that part, there would not have been a movie.

anyway that's off topic.

finti
Blade Runners had some of those ideas as well

punkyhermy
FIRSTLY ...
for people who think amy will suck without voice enchantments...
listen to her albums from 1997,1998,2000 and blah!
back then she had no recording company to enchance her voice!
she was alone with her band, well they werent even a known band...
she was awsem!

punkyhermy
oh especially listen to the older version of my immortal with the guitar!
than go and listen to her live on yahoolaunch singing that version...
that will prove that album had no enchancements!

Arachnoidfreak
She DID have enhancements! She admitted it! Amy herself said she uses enhancements! WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND!?

Darth Revan
Yes, the Matrix borrowed from quite a few things... That's not my point. Oh well, nevermind I brought it up at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

punkyhermy
yeah she might have enchanments in this one...
IWAS TALING ABOUT THE OLDER ALBUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tela
I don't know if it's been brought up, and I don't want to be a P.I.T.A.(Pain In The a$$) but it's Evanescence

Darth Revan
I think the word you're thinking of is ENHANCEMENTS yes

Tela>Yeah, it is, but nobody can spell it right...

punkyhermy
ummm... no its bsb
lol
duh its evanescence!

Darth Revan
"bsb"?

Alpha Centauri
"FIRSTLY ...
for people who think amy will suck without voice enchantments...
listen to her albums from 1997,1998,2000 and blah!
back then she had no recording company to enchance her voice!
she was alone with her band, well they werent even a known band...
she was awsem!"

She sucks even with voice enhancers. She was lame without them.

The worst part is she actually thinks she's a good singer. She tried to cover an A Perfect Circle song. One thing she should never have done is try to cover a song that Maynard James Keenan sings on. She's multiple light years below him.

She is lame. So are her band.

-AC

furryman
back street boys eek! confused lookaround no expression

Darth Revan
OMG she did? This I have to hear laughing

Alpha Centauri
Yeah. She covered Orestes.

Makes me laugh to think that she heard it and thought "I can sing like that."

Hilarity did prevail.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
laughing

Elektra_lover
I GOT THE CD Happy Dance

punkyhermy
which cd???

punkyhermy
ac...
look i know that you think they are lame...
and i think you have proven that point.... why are you sooo obssesd with me liking them...
if they are that lame don't waste you'r time here writing about how bad they are...
i think everyone alread knows you hate them...unless ofcourse you wanna say something new....
i love them... and everyone knows that... every time i write that someone tries to make a hater...
or atleast that is how it seems to me...

Alpha Centauri
"ac...
look i know that you think they are lame...
and i think you have proven that point.... why are you sooo obssesd with me liking them...
if they are that lame don't waste you'r time here writing about how bad they are..."

Takes no time. Doesn't bother me. You can like them all you want, no obsession about it. I just kinda have a distaste for talentless "musicians" and find it intriguing as to why people feel threatened by that.

-AC

Elektra_lover
I got Fallen, finally

Punkyhermy
ahhhh coool!!!!
do you like it?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.