OVERALL most intelligent character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
who is it?

Darth Jello
Living Tribunal

LIZARDRULZ
mysterio no doubt who else can fake all that stuff and so good but xavier might give him a run for his money

Darth Jello
Mysterio? read Daredevil:Guardian Devil

punkyhermy
As far as I know Batman.

who?-kid
Reed Richards, I think. Not sure though.

norrin radd
i would say Doom and Reed Richards.

Batman is the best detective.

Victor Von Doom
Thanos if not Doom.

Alpha Centauri
"mysterio no doubt who else can fake all that stuff and so good but xavier might give him a run for his money"

Women fake orgasms but it doesn't make them smarter than Doom.

I think scientifically, Doom. Overall Thanos in the omnipotent sense.

-AC

FeceMan
Wait for it...wait for it....wait for it... Aw, screw it, just imagine what Asian Hulk will say.

Never
No.

Alpha Centauri
"No."

Yes, I do think Doom is scientifically the smartest.

-AC

bardock
howabout prof x he can be as smart as anyone in the area. i saw him do sugery on beast just by mind reading some doctors.

Never
You are free to think what you will. Nevertheless, you are mistaken.

Mechanically, perhaps. Scientifically, NO.

Joker1237
Well what part of Smartest you want? If you want scientifically, its Doom but Doom would make one poor Det. You call Batman, Each person is smart in there own field. You dont ask Batman to build a time machine, and you dont ask Doom to sovle cases (if he was a good guy of couse or maybe Hulk?? what ever.)

bardock
banner not the hulk hulk dumb hulk smash rgggggrhrgrgh

Never
LoL. Is he in Hank's league medicinally? Is he MORE mechanically inclined than Tony Starks? Is he half the businessman that Tony Starks is? Is he out of Black Panther's league in preparing battle stratagems?

No. No. No. No.

Alpha Centauri
"Mechanically, perhaps. Scientifically, NO"

Who in your opinion is scientifically the smartest and why?

-AC

Alpha Centauri
"Is he MORE mechanically inclined than Tony Starks? Is he half the businessman that Tony Starks is? Is he out of Black Panther's league in preparing battle stratagems?"

Yes he is more mechanically inclined than Tony Stark. Dr.Doom's suit doesn't pack in due to mechanical hitches because there are none. As for Tony being a better business man. What does it matter? Iron-Man in a fight isn't gonna win by selling weapons.

As for preparing and strategising no one is on par with Doom. That is all he ever does.

Give me proof that Doom is medicinally less inclined than McCoy and I will yield on that count. Gladly.

-AC

Never
Perhaps a few quotes are in order:

"He is one of the >>>smartest men in the world<<< and has an almost endless variety of weapons and equipment at his disposal."

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/drdoom.htm

"He is also a noted biochemist and >>>one of the most gifted scientists in the Marvel Universe.<<<"

http://comicbooks.about.com/cs/superherobios/p/beast_bio.htm

Notice the wording. One of the smartest in the world; one of the most gifted in the Marvel UNIVERSE.

"Anthony Stark, son of industrialist Howard Stark, demonstrated his mechanical aptitude and inventive genius at a very early age, enrolling in college electrical engineering program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at the age of 15."

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/i/ironman.htm

Dr. Doom has many peers. That being said - do you mean smartest on EARTH or smartest PERIOD?

Never
No offense, but how often do you read comic books? He has not mechanical hitches because it is not NEARLY as complex as Iron Man's is, and I cannot recall Iron Man encountering "hitches" recently.

More mechanically inclined? Then you do not read Iron Man. Doom built a time machine. So did Iron Man. Is this why Doom is capable of benching 2 tons with his suit; and Iron Man, ONE HUNDRED - for starters?

Business? Because genius is NOT limited to one field. One can be a mathematical, artistic, business, musical, engineering, et cetera genius. Is one more superior than the other?

No one is on par with Doom? Again, have you kept current with comics? If not, why does he FAIL so often?

Doom, LESS medicinally inclined? Once again...do you read Uncanny? Legacy virus, for starters? What HAS Doom done medicinally of any significant import?

Alpha Centauri
"Notice the wording. One of the smartest in the world; one of the most gifted in the Marvel UNIVERSE. "

Firstly, notice the fact that both say One of. Either way it doesn't mean another ONE of the most gifted biochemists is Doom.

"Anthony Stark, son of industrialist Howard Stark, demonstrated his mechanical aptitude and inventive genius at a very early age, enrolling in college electrical engineering program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at the age of 15."

.........Oh so that was proof that he is more mechanically inclined than Doom? I see, I see. Well, a degree and mechanical aptitude don't make him more mechanically inclined than Doom. If we look at what Doom has created VS what Stark has and also the reliability of both.

Also, let's go by comics and not Marvel Directory for once.

-AC

Never
I just did in the other thread. Am awaiting your response.

Furthermore, if we went simply by comics you would be aware that Black Panther is, at the very least, on par with Doom strategically (he only devised the means to take down Galactus); Iron Man, at the VERY least in the same class mechanically (see the "time machine" reference); and Beast, superior medicinally (cured the Legacy Virus, for starters).

Alpha Centauri
"No offense, but how often do you read comic books? He has not mechanical hitches because it is not NEARLY as complex as Iron Man's is, and I cannot recall Iron Man encountering "hitches" recently. "

Well then wouldn't it be mechanically smarter to build a suit of small complexity that you know works, with a million additions, than one you just know is technologically advanced but would bust down in a second?

"More mechanically inclined? Then you do not read Iron Man. Doom built a time machine. So did Iron Man. Is this why Doom is capable of benching 2 tons with his suit; and Iron Man, ONE HUNDRED - for starters?"

Doom is the only person with a working time machine. Regardless of if Stark built one or not. Also, do you honestly believe, being the comic genius others claim you to be, that Doom could not make a suit with greater strength than Iron-Man's? He could. He hasn't because it isn't needed. Iron-Man tried to take on Hulk and almost got his head ripped off, where was his strength? Doom has proven more successful against Hulk and he hasn't used strength once.

"No one is on par with Doom? Again, have you kept current with comics? If not, why does he FAIL so often?"

I never said he was without flaw. This is about his genius, not the ability of those against him or the circumstances in which he acts out those plans.

"Doom, LESS medicinally inclined? Once again...do you read Uncanny? Legacy virus, for starters? What HAS Doom done medicinally of any significant import?"

A fair point. But as you said, is genius limited or indeed condemned by lack or gain of one attribute? No. Well then when he has all that he does, why does he need to be good at medicinal science? He is brilliant in more ways and senses than all Earthlings I believe.

-AC

Never
Give me one recent reference where Tony Starks' suit failed him.

It matters not if Doom KEPT his. Iron Man BUILT one and discarded it (He travelled to 1020 AD). What is your point? I built a Ferrari F-50 from scratch and scrapped it (although it WORKED); my co-worker built one and KEPT it. He's my superior because he maintained it? The difficulty lies in constructing it.

Until Doom proves he can built a suit that can bench 100 tons there is no reason to assume he can. He suit is not NEARLY as functional, powerful, or versatile as Iron Man's, and to imply such is ludicrous. This is clearly shown in the comic book world. Iron Man has, by far, the most powerful suit in Marvel Comics. And please enlighten us on the differences in Doom's and Iron Man's APPROACHES to Hulk? We know Doom is Iron Man's superior STRATEGICALLY. Therein lies the difference.

Heh, first you ask me to prove that Hank is superior medicinally, then you attempt to diminish the fact that he is by highlighting Doom's genius in other areas.

Can't have it both ways, friend.

Alpha Centauri
"Heh, first you ask me to prove that Hank is superior medicinally, then you attempt to diminish the fact that he is by highlighting Doom's genius in other areas."

I didn't diminish this fact. Just stated that you were highlighting one area of genius when claiming before another didn't matter.

"Until Doom proves he can built a suit that can bench 100 tons there is no reason to assume he can. He suit is not NEARLY as functional, powerful, or versatile as Iron Man's, and to imply such is ludicrous"

Dr.Doom's suit contains an ENDLESS amount of defensive and offensive weaponry and is capable of using energy blasts. Why is it ludicrous to assume he could make a suit stronger than Iron-Man's when he has built such things as a Time Machine? Strength augmentation is surely not as epic of a task as Time Travel.

"Business? Because genius is NOT limited to one field. One can be a mathematical, artistic, business, musical, engineering, et cetera genius. Is one more superior than the other?"

Yes but which is relevant? A pure mathematical, artistic or musical genius isn't gonna last long in battle. Jimi Hendrix wouldn't last long against Dr.Doom. Stephen Hawking wouldn't unless he has some superior chair that he could use and Vince McMahon isn't gonna purely because he is a business genius. Only few types of genius are relevant. A strategic genius for one would be useful because of tactics. Mechanical/Engineering because of weapons etc. Which also falls under Science because of technical and mechanical science. Working physics into building something is being scientifically inclined as well as mechanically.

"Furthermore, if we went simply by comics you would be aware that Black Panther is, at the very least, on par with Doom strategically"

Doom was the one who devised the plan to go back and take out Akhmeten in "The End", he somehow got into the war with the Infinity Gauntlet and ended up on Thanos's floating castle. Perfect strategic planning given that Adam Warlock has many watching out for people uninvolved in the battle.

-AC

Never
"I didn't diminish this fact. Just stated that you were highlighting one area of genius when claiming before another didn't matter."

Never claimed another did not matter. You misconstrued my intent.

"Dr.Doom's suit contains an ENDLESS amount of defensive and offensive weaponry and is capable of using energy blasts. Why is it ludicrous to assume he could make a suit stronger than Iron-Man's when he has built such things as a Time Machine? Strength augmentation is surely not as epic of a task as Time Travel."

So...? Energy blasts? Wow. Iron Man's armor is capable of projecting heat, cold, concussive, plasma-generated, repulsor blasts. NOW. Without tinkering. Doom's is NOT. It is comic book CANON that Iron Man's is the most technologically advanced - not my opinion. You might not like it, but it is what it is.

And you keep mentioning the construction of a Time Machine when Iron Man did the SAME thing; moreover, since when was engineering on a MICRO scale not a more impressive feat than engineering on a MACRO scale?

Regardless, we KNOW that Iron Man's suit is capable of pressing 100 tons; Doom's, 2 tons.

"Doom was the one who devised the plan to go back and take out Akhmeten in "The End", he somehow got into the war with the Infinity Gauntlet and ended up on Thanos's floating castle. Perfect strategic planning given that Adam Warlock has many watching out for people uninvolved in the battle."

Okay...? And Black Panther is still his peer in devising battle stratagems.

Re: the genius question, you asked me to "prove" that McCoy was his superior medicinally. I did.

Victor Von Doom
I think Stark has got the suits thing down, he is working on a gamma bomb resistant one in the current Hulk comic.

I'd take Doom overall above anyone but Thanos though.

Alpha Centauri
"Okay...? And Black Panther is still his peer in devising battle stratagems."

How so? One of the most impressing things I've seen Black Panther do was beating Magneto during that ONE time the alignment tampered with the magnetic fields or something. It's admirable that he saw this and went in and kicked his ass. But it's nothing Doom could not do.

"Re: the genius question, you asked me to "prove" that McCoy was his superior medicinally. I did."

No you didn't. You proved (through Marvel Directory) that he is one of the world's leading Biochemist. One of, indicating there are others who can contend. Who is to say one of those isn't Doom? Henry McCoy may very well be more medicinally inclined but you didn't prove it in this thread.

Also, I'm not denying Iron-Man's suit can press 100 tons. I just believe that Doom is more than capable enough of devising a suit to lift more. You may not agree that he can, but since he never has, neither of us can prove either of our points right.

Showing me that Iron-Man has a degree and is a technological whizz doesn't mean anything as I knew both. I believe that Doom is more technologically inclined due to his suit. Sure it cannot (or has not been shown to be able to) produce all the different types of blasts that Iron-Man's can. But Iron-Man NEEDS his suit to be so defensive coz it sustains him. Doom only has a disfigured face. He doesn't NEED a suit that can create forcefields, concussive rays, heat rays, paralyser rays and fire all kinds of bombs. He does it because he can.

No way am I doubting Stark, I just believe Doom is superior.

-AC

SnakeEyes
you just got served Never!

Alpha Centauri
He didn't get served. He is clearly a well knowledgeable comics fan and as of yet he's the only person able enough to prove me wrong on one thing. Which is Iron-Man having the superior suit.

-AC

manjaro
forget every body, I beleive that forge is the smartest guy, he just doesnt know it.

and thats dead serious too, by the way

manjaro
no i change my mind, I say apocalypse. There isnt any thing anyone can do scientifically, medicinally, biochemically, or technologically that he cant do. Some one mentioned Thanos and Living Trib but I dont think near omnipotent beings shoud be considered

SUPERMANDAMAN
Marvel encyclopedia states galactus as being the smartest with a 7 on intelligence then after that its reed richard, doom and thanos all with a 6.

Victor Von Doom
Thanos isn't near omnipotent.

who?-kid
In my opinion, the most intelligent is Reed Richards. Not only because of his booksmarts, but also because he's a born leader (more than Doom or Thanos) and knows how to deal with people.

And that's emotional intelligence, something that can also be very very important in certain situations.

Victor Von Doom
Isn't Captain America superior to Richards in that regard though.

who?-kid
Maybe, could be. But Captan America doesn't fit in this poll (overall most intelligent character).

But he has a way with people, that's true.

Alpha Centauri
"Marvel encyclopedia states galactus as being the smartest with a 7 on intelligence then after that its reed richard, doom and thanos all with a 6."

Is anybody seeing this besides me? Jesus.

People confuse the term Omnipotent alot. Yes I do agree Manjaro, Forge is mega smart.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
WTF u can go to marvel.com or buy marvel encyclopedia but whatever im sure u know better then marvel they only created the characters.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not complaining about the stats.

I'm just showing that every time you type a reply it's based on one of these:

What you WANT to happen, Stats and Encyclopedias or Marvel directory.

You've never quoted a comic in any thread I've seen you in.

Nuff said. Shhhh.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
Ok lets see the thread say who is the smartest in marvel why wouldnt i just say a simple stat and it would be solved right there galactus has been around since the creation of the universe so of course he is going to be the smartest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.