So, What Do You Think Happens When We Die??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
confused confused im not sure..part of me says heaven...other says nothing its just the end!

and then theres an iiidy biiiidy bit that says re-incarnation

VallejoKid707
Re-Incarnation is possible. Heaven is possible. Or simply the end is possible.

*Going a little off-topic* Once I went on a website to see who I was in my past life and I was a woman!

sauron
so did i lol

but i was a woman...in 18th century and i was a farmers wife who was hanged for murder.......of the villages prized pig!

VallejoKid707
laughing out loud

minnie
ooh, ya got me there sauron. I don't think it's the end; I think it's just the beginning! I know there's a heaven and a hell, but I'm just...not sure how you get to heaven smile

Asami
Speaking from an empirical point of view, death isn't an experience, we don't know what we have not yet gone through.

Some people who lose their heartbeat and get revived often say the last thing they saw was a white light - that's a medical issue, its to do with a part of the brain where the last thing we see is a bright light before we shut down.

But hey, if anyone's experienced death, tell us who you met/what you did etc wink

sauron
asami the white light was the one thing that helped me not be too scared of death

thank you for ruining it stick out tongue laughing

well...im not sure about heaven and hell....how to get to heaven, well your 'supposed' to follow the white light...but asami just ruined the hopes of mmillions

good move lol

Asami
Ho ho! laughing

Remember you can still believe and have faith in something even though you aren't able to justify it.

I'm afraid of death I must admit, but I don't know why. Perhaps because I'm afraid of something that I don't know. So why should I be afraid of something I don't know?? I guess I'm just used to being corporeal.

White Lady
aww saurie i will be there waiting for you....lol flashes saurie a torch....see

sauron
lol what if i die before you....should i just wait lol

erm..well.....i fainted once and got told i nearly swollowed my tongue....and all i can remember is seeing a pink van crashing into a pink car lol

so theres my near death experience

White Lady
i slit my wrists and saw my daddy calling me.....if you go first ask for aaron he'll take you in

sauron
aww you slit your wrists!?!

when!..if it was some time not long ago im going to shout at you! very stupid thing to do....

yerssot
back black nothing

White Lady
last march.......please dont yell saurie

lil bitchiness
We are re-born! then we die again, then we are reborn again...

KidRock
whats the website that says what u were in another life? hah

sauron
i lost it lol

well online death clock says

ha ye till you are seventy three
a pile of dust, then youll be

how upbringing

and yerssot how pessimistic!

yerssot
realistic wink

sauron
realistic...and you 'know' that do you?

yerssot
yeah, I'm very realistic wink

silver_tears
I think there's a heaven, and I think everyone has an oppurtunity of going there hypocrite

BackFire
We become worm food, nothing more.

Lord Soth
I personally believe in reincarnation

sauron
some very pessimistic people here

ok we die..we rot...nothing happens..we cant see hear or feel anything ever again EVER

yeah thats prob true, but damn...at least 'think' there could be a heaven

yerssot
we fall back from the top to the bottom of the foodchain wink

amity75
Close your eyes and think of nothing. Thats what it will be like being dead.

lil bitchiness
Very thin line between pessimist ad realist.

§pearhead
I'm a strong believer of reincarnation. To think that this is the end is depressing, and to be honest I don't know what else to think.

yerssot
says enough about the world we live in wink

lil bitchiness
It sure does.

Linkalicious
what happens when you die? doesn't matter....your dead.

finti
agreed, we die

tazman
I interested in hearing what other people think on this subject. Like reincarnation, whenever I've thought about it I wonder who I was before, and who'd I'd be in the future. Then I think if it was the same soul being reincarnated, wouldn't I remember something from my past life? Has anyone else wondered about that?

I personally believe there's a heaven and a hell, and we'll be in one or the other.

iluvorlando
well, i'm a christian, so i definately believe in a heaven and a hell, and living there forever after death. And the way to get to heaven is to believe in Jesus, and believe that he died on the cross to save us all. I'd be happy to answer any questions about this topic! And on the other hand, i think its a very depressing thought to not believe in an afterlife. To think that once you die its just all over completely defeats any purpose for humans all together.

The Force
i believe in a heaven and hell, and i know who's going to whom, i am sad for man of you sad wink

BackFire
so who's going where?

yerssot
well, in my religion... The Order of the 12 foot long Eclair... after you die you can eat chocolate every minute of your afterlife and not gain a singly pound :rofl:

BackFire
That sounds like my current life...minus the whole not gaining any weight thing. *plays with man boobs*

yerssot
you also get a firm ass in the afterlife wink
*smacks BF's ass* :rofl:

BackFire
eeek

yerssot
you know you liked it wink

BackFire
embarrasment

yerssot
hey BF... been working out? wink

The Force
hmmm, do i have to name them all...

yerssot
I expect an entire list, alphabeticly of course, on my desk by tomorrow TF!

BackFire
nah, just the interesting ones.

The Force
dangit! now i'm gonna get fired, there no wa i can get that list to you, that's it i'm ending my life right now *shoots self and goes to heaven but is sent back to earth because it was not my time*

Dangit!, uhh, i'll get right to that list yerss boss sir

laughing out loud

julibug
What do I really believe? It's too long to explain here. I believe in something called universal reconciliation. If you really want to know more, pm me, or go to www.savior-of-all.com. smile

SK88728
i like the re-incarnation, but we just die. our bodies decompose and all that, but when we die, it's very possible that our mind continue to think for many many years.

Dregh
We go to hell.

SK88728
well at least we wont be getting to cold. big grin

Peloquin
You first have to know exactly WHAT YOU ARE before you can now death. My advice if you're interested is start there...know thy self.

Here's a quote that puts it nicely

"You're going to die a horrible death, remember. It's all good training, and you'll enjoy it more if you keep the facts in mind.
Take your dying with some seriousness, however. Laughing on the way to your execution it not generally understood by less advanced lifeforms, and they'll call you crazy."

Sauron : I can expand on this if you would like, perhaps give you something that rings out some truth if you're really interested.

Peloquin
I'll just add this as a warning too, and this is from one human being to another all BS aside. If you unlock what death is then you will find that knowledge will isolate you from your family and friends to a certain degree. Consider for a moment that there is an answer to your question, and think how that knowledge will change your life. It will turn it upside down inside out. At the moment your whole base belief in life is that you are born and you will die, everything you do and think has that thought at the back of it all. If that changes then your base has just been pulled out from underneath you..it will hurt. You will reject it. The question then becomes do you really want to know? Understand that knowing death means the end of your life as you know it. The flip side of that is...you will be free.

VENOMfan
well here is a little equation i found

if there is a heaven and you follow rule's you get to go there

if there isnt you die

if there is and you didnt belive in anything then you get hell

if there isnt you die

hmmmmmmm.....dont wanna piss anybody off but one outcome look's a little more promising

yerssot
well, lets keep a positive relation with religion people, otherwise this one will go byebye

Baylin
My belief is that when you die your soul goes back on to the ol' big wheel o' fortune until your born again in which ever form that takes.

finti
"what said I no parties, NO PARTIES? LET ME OUT!!!!!!!!!
Let me out of heaven, I got it wrong no I cant stay here
no laughing in heaven let me out I just cant stay here" - Ian Gillan "No Laughing In Heaven"

The Omega
What happens when we die?`
Well, NOTHING happens. That's why we're dead, isn't it? smile
That or you get a hall-way with doors labeled "Elysium" "Valhalla" "Reincarnation" "Paradise" etc laughing

The Force> You know, I'm STILL waiting for you to prove creation to me in the Evolutions thread. Remember me, one of the "retards" who knows evolution was the way things happened. I'd like to see your proof, you've promised it for weeks now.

Gundark
Death means lying in the ground with dirt on your face and holding your breath forever.

Can't take credit for that though.....Burt Reynolds said that.

julibug
lol

Corran
laughing out loud

rusky
I believe in reincarnation myself...

tazman
I think someone back in the first pages asked if there was anyone who had a death like experience. One of my friends dad who is in his late sixtys now and has a lot of health problems, namely he has a bad back so it's difficult for him to get up stairs and such. Well he had a heart attack awhile back, and was pronounced dead. I forget how long he was dead, but it was longer then the time alloted for the brain to survive without oxygen. Anyway, he remembers that he was in a place where it was very bright (not one single bright light to follow), and I won't go into describing the place it'd take too long. Anyway, he sat down on a bench and someone approached him and sat down beside him. This person knew everything he'd ever done and spoke to him about things only he knew about. He didn't need to ask him about God or heaven because while he was there, he knew it to be true. When the person finished talking to him, his heart began to beat and was revived without any machines. The funny thing about it was, the whole time he was there he didn't feel any pain from his health problems. He said he felt like a twenty year old again.

For whoever asked for an example, there ya go.

The Force
woah

Lord Soth
Exactly! high-five, rusky!

Myth
Which website, I want to try that.

Der Soldat
Asami, you have raised an interesting issure here. I have never heard before of the 'bright light' being a consequence of the brain's functioning before our life ceases, but it is something I will look into, I have never considered it from that aspect before.
I mean not to criticise, but what leads me to believe that you may be wrong on this one is the fact that so many people who tell of this light also tell of a voice telling them that it isn;t their time yet, that they will be returning to earth.
However, I do honestly believe that you are on the right lines when you say that this image is related, in some way, to the brain....

All of our lives, we are raised with the concept of heaven and hell. It doesn't matter who you are...what creed, colour, religion - at some point you will have become familiar with the concept that when you die, you go to either heaven or hell. Whether or not you choose to believe that is a seperate issue.

But think about this. Unless you are decapitated, one of the very last bodily organs to remain functioning is going to be your brain. Your heart may have stopped, but there will still be those last dregs of blood pumping around your body as a result of your hearts last attempts. That blood will still be cycling around the body for a short while, which means that the brain can keep going for just that little bit longer.

So perhaps, just perhaps, people who have had near death encounters haven't actually encountered what they thought themselves to have. Perhpas what they really saw was merely a fabrication of the concept they have been believeing their whole life - they have been believing all their lives that when you die, you go drifting off towards this bright light.

Well, with the brain still functioning, that is perhaps the image that the brain generates on its dying legs. The brain believes that that is what is supposed to happen next, and so it generates this image of travelling towards a nice, warm, bright light.

It's a difficult concept to grasp, but think about it....

tazman
That's very interesting Der Soldat, sort of like how dreams work and how their fabrications of our conscience, maybe the bright light is a result of, like you were saying, the idea burned into our conscience that there's a heaven and hell. I don't know much about dreams and stuff like that, if anyone has any insight on that it'd be great.

raven guardia
I went to a web site about my past life turns out I was am female (and I still am).....but I lived in the 14th century and was a Chemist.

raven guardia
the whole dream interruption was made famous by my boy Sigmund Freud (god rest your soul sigmund).....basically dreams are from the Unconscious, and are our deepest darkest desires. and sometimes are thoughts and feelings are hidden there too, mostly thoughts that if we were to think about it in every day life it would cause depression. its basic Psychology really,....if you want to know your dream interruption or if a certain part of your dream stands out from the rest go to the website www.dreammoods.com there is a lot of dream interruption there. and if you need me to explain more about dreams and the sleep cycle pm, I know alot of info. I took psychology in school and got good grades! and next year I'm taking Psychology college prep....I will be glad to answer any questions on the lines of psychology and even if it is not about Psychology I will still try to help.

Pirate_Girly
I believe when you die you either go to heaven or hell, and i dont wanna go to hell NOPE NOPE NOPE, i wanna go to heaben and meet all my family members and friends...
I suppose reincarnation is posible, and HOPE its possible for me as well, living another life would be good, so basically when you grow old and get ready to die, you dont know where your going or whats going to happen.But if im reincarnated, i wish to come back as a new species in the year 3000, as like...something like a monkey squirrel or something LMAO jk..but it would be awesome to come back around year 3000, no telling what technologies and advances and priveledges we will have then. *sry a little bit off subject, i suppose it-was*

Peloquin
The first stage of the dreaming is just the process of you dealing with and looking over the events of the day and what emotional/energetical reactions you had to it. The language of dreams in cybernetic pictographs, so basically an idea or emotion takes form. eg: a cat in a dream stereotypically means independence. When you dream you shift awareness. Look at it as levels of energy. The daily conscious mind works on alphi brain waves that vibrate at a certain level. When we dream we shift from alpha brain waves to Theta. Ok so the physical brain can hold a certain level of electrical charge, a level of vibrational energy. If we were to increase the energy level of our thinking beyond the physical brains energy capacity our awareness would have to shift from the physical mind to an energetical mind. eg: you don't have a physical body in dreams, you don't have a physical brain translating elec|rical charge you're just expanded awareness of energy with the will to form it.(The will is understanding the events of the day and the form is what you see and do. To relate that to death, while we still have a physical body you'll translate and feel that energy daily through dreaming. When we die we lose the physical attachment. We become the awareness of not a day's worth of energy but a life worth of energy. And like someone posted a while back you'll find yourself somewhere having the 'dream of your life'. Guides are there to steady you long enough that you can reflect and to point you in the right direction when you're finished doing so.

Tazman> do you have a specific question about dreams...Ask away and I'll try to answer as best I can.

tazman
Wow, thanks raven guardia and peloquin. You've both done your research, and that's very fascinating. Actually, I'll see if I can get a thread going on that, it'd be interesting to see what kinds of dreams people have had and have some one be able to give some sort of scientific reason for it. This is kinda off the topic in this thread. Thanks again.

Peloquin
no prob. I know some tricks you can do in the dreaming to open it up more for ya. When you understand the language and how it works you can speak it in a sence and control dreams more consciously.

tazman
I posted a new thread in the OTF about dreams.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t30337.html

eyeadore1979
A pink panda flies you to a field of flowers and when you get there... The soulmate of your dreams (the one who is perfect for you) is waiting there... And has been all his/her life. Because, you see, they had never been born. They were all the abortioned children that grew up waiting for the one they were meant to grow old with.

Yes, my imagination is a bit too much... oh well.

MegaDeuce
The only way to Heaven is through Christ.

If you guys want to become a Christian, go to thepassion . da . ru

Scroll down the page and it will tell you how to become a Christian. Also, watch the intro and then click on "Learn more about Jesus"

If you want some proof that God exists, find some Creation videos. You can probably find them at a Christian bookstore.

JESUS CHRIST RULES!!!!!!

MegaDeuce
Although, I don't know if anything is more proof than just looking around at the world. The theory that evolution is how everything was made is RIDICULOUS!!!!!

EVERYTHING has a creator. A hammer, a house, a car. Evolution is impossible and no one can prove it. We were created by God!! Evoltionists continue to prove themselves wrong, and many have become Christians.

Asami
I am all for that thumbs up wink

I may have been watching Holby City/ER/Casualty a bit much, but about when people hear the time, perhaps its when the doctors pronounce them dead?!

I might not be entirely correct with the brain/light issue as I've only covered it briefly but I do think that it is a possibility.

As for heaven/hell, I'm a non-believer. However if it was proven that heave/hell does exist, I'll happily accept it, as it will most definitely be a pleasant suprise to me. But then I won't all of a sudden change into the good samaritan to work my way to heaven as that would just then be self interest. I'll just carry on the way I always was - maybe wonder where I'd go.

I'll recommend a book, maybe I should stick this in the book forum too, but its by Dr Brian Weiss called Many Lives Many Masters, a story about his experiences as a psychiatrist disovering the past life of a patient through hypnosis. A great read and makes one wonder - a must for believers of reincarnation.

http://www.cygnus-books.co.uk/Images_books/many_lives_many_masters.JPG

MegaDeuce
Asami, if you found out Heaven did exist, and you became a better person and did good deeds and all, that wouldn't be self interest. Besides, there is no way to "work" your way into Heaven. You have to believe.

And I promise you, if you started reading the Bible, the truth would be revealed to you.

Asami
MegaDeuce I have to disagree.
Not out to offend anyone because we all have our own beliefs and we should respect each others beliefs - I will still respect believers even if they think I'm thick for not being like them; if Heaven was proven to me, it won't necessarily make me a better person. I'd still be going the way I do with a new found knowledge that there is something that does exist.
I occasionally do the good deed when I feel like it. Being honest there. I don't always do good deeds, its pretty much only when I feel like it.

I've read some of the Bible due to my studies. To me that isn't truth. I don't have to believe, even if I was bashed round the head several times it will not make me believe. Although to many people it may well be and I respect that. It is just like someone else telling me that the truth is revealed in the Qu'ran, I wonder if Bible believers will accept that.

I don't tell people to become a non-believer because that's the way I live, I think its only fair that believers and non-believers should respect each others way of living instead of telling each other "my way is best" or "My way is better."
Although I probably wouldn't mind if Ned Flanders was my neighbour. Hi-dilly-dokilly might do my head in sometimes though.

People have an idea of where they go at death, I do wonder *if* there is anywhere to go, but that doesn't make me *believe* that there is somewhere to go.

I like the way of an Epistemologist.

mook
probably nothing.

its not a good feeling but its most likely.

we like to think that humans are special and go somewhere or get re-born etc etc but we are just mammals. we are no more important than any other life form and no-one thinks slugs have their own heaven.

imo, religion is mans attempt to justify his existence and give it meaning.

Krabs55
I totall agree with you....religion is only an excuse

big gay kirk
I have three opinions on this... Religiously speaking, I believe that I will end up in the home of on eof the gods... Odin if I die in battle, Thor's if I die working, and that the goddess Hel will judge my life, and I will be rewarded with three times the amount of good and evil that I have done through life... After my NDE, it would seem that a man in a top hat and a dark corridor lined with doors has something to do with it... but as a firm believer in the multiplicity of truth, I believe that you get what you believe will happen... if you think nothing, you get nothing... if you believe good, you get good... not very fair, but then life isnt, so why should death be...

Superman5452
i saw this epp of twilight zone and this guy died but hes soul didn't go any were he could see and feel he just couldn't do anything cuz his body was dead. that would suck if that would happen. You're just stuck in a box for ever and cant do anything about it.

DemonicGambit-2
I really wouldn't want to know what happens when we die, I mean what if it's really bad. Then you would spend your entire life fearing death (Not that most people don't already do that) And you would never be able to enjoy life

Lord Ryugen
It's my personal belief that we're sent to hevean or hell based on our actions for a set period of time. After which your soul is melded with others and sent back down to the world of the living to create a new lifeform. Intrestingly enough it's kind of like the Lifestream from FFIIV laughing out loud

Asami
In some ways, I guess it'd be like how things were before I was born. I've no recollection of that.

punkyhermy
it all depends on whatever religion we have,that is what we believe in.so everyone will have different faiths and beliefs of wat may happen to them when they die

eleveninches
Cant be sure untill it happens, and then it's too late.

big gay kirk
Without seeking death, learn to welcome death; death will then have no hold on you, and fear itself will vanish...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.