My Chemical Romance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Df02
m8 left his CD here so i listened thru it....pretty good.
not sure where they from etc etc or how big they r.. any comments here haha

not really expecting much stick out tongue

loserib
yeah i dig em not a huge fan but i have heard worse they are on warped tour now and just released thrree chears for sweet revenge
heres an mp3 by them if any one wants to check it out
http://download.wbr.com/totalassault/05-I'm_Not_Okay_(I_Promise).mp3

Fearnix
there OK

SHITGOOSE
they ****in rock.

fuct_up_kid
they're really good

<<Solo>>
After hearing that from a Good Charolette fan, I'm never going to listen to this band.

If you havn't heard a Good Charolette song, consider yourself lucky. They're possibly the shittiest band ever.

Df02
ur missing out, theyre nothing like GC.... and judging a band by the opinions of others is pretty low.

listen to them and judge for urself

<<Solo>>
I guess I could.

Df02
dont listen to "im not ok" tho....its awful
get stuff off "i brought you my bullets you brought me you love" - much better album!

lil bitchiness
Im a fan of MCR! thumb up Deffinitivly.

Df02
see...if lil b likes em they cant be half bad thumb up
haha

*Georgina_A*
My friend is obsessed with them at the moment...I haven't heard anything by them lol. Although, I do intend to.

<<Solo>>
Heh, they're pretty good. Demolition Lovers is great.

lil bitchiness
Dont tease stick out tongue

Ronny
i lovah them to bits and pieces love i love their new single "im not okay" the music video kicks ass... and gerard gets his inspiration out of comic books love what could possibly be sexier then that

Ronny
i made a sig of them not to long ago stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
I like them yes My friend Mishi really likes them a lot happy

Ronny
They rock my world love Gerard is such a little geek, he plays D&D and loves the x-men and he cant swim and cant dance.... LIKE ME eek!

Ronny
im such a little fangirl love

Deathblow
You remind me of me, when I was a little girl love

Yeah pretty good band, they're really big around where I live, most of my friends are heavy into them. I don't like 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge' much at all, but 'I Brought You My Bullets' is nice. 'Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough...' is my favorite of theirs.

From Autumn To Ashes are infinitely better though.

Df02
yea, no doubt....
I Brought... is definately the better album

Ronny
i wanna grow up to be just like you Sam eek!

<<Solo>>
They're ok, my girlfriend made me go to their concert here a couple weeks back. Taking Back Sunday was going to be there with them but they canceled because of bad weather. So we were stuck with My Chemical Romance and some really shitty band.

drunk_nazgul
I just saw the "I'm Not Okay" vid this morning.

Pretty good. I dunno if I should like them or not, though.

Df02
dont base ur opinion of them on that god awful song haha.... listen to 'I Brought you my bullets you brought me your love' - much better album, every song on that is better than I'm not okay

Ronny
im not okay...is theyre.... best work *giggles franticly*

Sickened.
Saying FATA is better then MCR is like saying that Amy Grant is better then GWAR... then again maybe it's not.

I'll like both bands... GWAR too... not so much Mrs. Grant.

Sickened.
I think I ment &lt;I&gt;I&lt;/I&gt; like both bands...

SlipknoT
Dude, I'm going through a huge gwar fase, I love them God What an Awful Racket

SlipknoT
I just found out that thier from Jersey like me

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

Df02
but tbh FATA are 100x better than MCR stick out tongue

furryman
dtsh!

Df02
confused?

MornGlory
Was just wondering if this band was any good.... I just now heard about them from somewhere... cant remember but I was wondering what they are like

MornGlory
i dont think they are anything like Good Charlotte -- listened to them for the first time today - and love the music

Ronny
lucky sneaky2

fuct_up_kid
whatever, they sound nothing like good charlotte. you obviously think all good charlotte fans have screen names like BeNjIsRIotGrRl and only listen to gc, simple plan and avril lavigne. grow up

Drifter101
yea they're pretty good, and from my damn state! yea!

Alpha Centauri
They remind me of The Used, who remind me of Taking Back Sunday, who remind me of Saves the Day etc etc.

Same sound different name.

-AC

Solo
Hey, moron. Before you go some rampage like your previous attempt. Wanna read some of my replies. That were after my first post in this thread.

Oh yeah and your username is ****ing gayer then "BeNjIsRIotGrRl". So your not making a good example for Good Charollete fans.

Ronny
actully MCR doesnt really sound like tbs at all messed

more on the lines on thursday yes

fuct_up_kid
roll eyes (sarcastic) hey, i don't wanna get into a fight! but at least spell good charlotte right.

FEDFAN316
i think thay are cool

Reckoning
Just another band in an oversaturated influx of poor Thursday copies.

BoYs*BoYs*BoYs
in my opinion My Chemical Romance rocks!! i just finished watching them on TRL and i have heard of them before but i never actually lisetned to their songs, but the one they sang on TRL just a few minutes ago was great!!

furryman
oh dear blowup

Atomic Rico
You can sit through an hour of MTV's programming?
You sir, are a stronger man than I

Alpha Centauri
"in my opinion My Chemical Romance rocks!! i just finished watching them on TRL and i have heard of them before but i never actually lisetned to their songs, but the one they sang on TRL just a few minutes ago was great!!"

Says it all really.

-AC

furryman
what's TRL, pray tell?

furryman
I'm going to emo gig tomorrow night all emo-sterotyped-up, wahoo this'll be hilarious... emo moshpit!!

Atomic Rico
TRL is an hour long american pop music show where they have video countdowns and artist interviews

BoYs*BoYs*BoYs
the only reason i watched it was because i knew they were premiering "shut up" by simple plan and i had to watch it. i didnt watch the whole thing though...i could never do that all they play nowadays is like rap and r&b crap. there was only like one good song on the countdown and that was green days "boulevard of braken dreams"

Atomic Rico
I wish MTV would still play 24 hour videos(good videos)
..And Beavis and Butt-Head...and Headbangers Ball WITH RIKI RACTMAN

buttcrack
i just saw them on a show i thought that they were bad the lead singer looks like hes tryin to look like Michael Jackson lol

Korri
furry i love you.

khalla
I love My Chemical Romance not a hardcore fan though but they're good. Their first album is much better than their new one though. Oh and not all Good Charlotte fans only listen to Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, and Avril Lavigne and names are BeNjIsRiOtGuRl or something like that. I'm a GC fan and for one I despise Avril. two, as you can see my name is not BeNjIsRiOtGuRl and three, I listen to many many other good bands that rarely anyone has ever heard of. I think the people you are talking about are call "teenies".

Df02
you're not helping my thread lol sad confused
My Chemical Romance have gone downhill in a hurry after 'i brought you my bullets...' anyway

furryman

Micheal.
Awful.

fuct_up_kid
precisely what i was trying to say.

The Tired Hiker
I just saw My Chemical Romance play two songs on live television the other night and I must say, they fecking kick a$$!!! I was totally entertained. Their stage performance was incredible. I would love to see these guys live. The lead singer seemed like he could have been Ozzy Ozbourne and that Billy Corrigan guy's love child. thumb up

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
man I actually really like this band embarrasment I love the song "I'm not okay" its so good and I think the video is totally hilarous!! thumb up

Df02
argh lol, IM NOT OKAY is by far their worst ever song, its sooo annoying &gt;&lt;

rockchickgem
i love my chemical romance but i cnt find their new album anywhere sad

fuct_up_kid
buy it off amazon or somewhere like that.

khalla
HA i know i really really can't stand that song, when my friends are singing it, i tell them to shut up and go buy their first album.

Df02
Vampires will never hurt you
and
honey this mirror aint big enough for the both of us

infact, the vast majority of the first album shits all over that song... but some of the songs on that new album are pretty good thumb up

fuct_up_kid
i love cemetary drive, i never told you what i do for a living and hang em high

Df02
i love the ghost of you and thank you for the venom
those 2 songs are wat makes the new album, theyre actually better than the majority of the old album

i lovejake
their great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SlipknoT
Hate them

Alpha Centauri
Can't say I'm a fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Seems cool to put exclaimation marks now).

-AC

Norma Jean
MCR sucks.

FEDFAN316
i love them i really like the song "give them hell kid"

why do some of u people not like them?

Alpha Centauri
Coz they're shit.

-AC

NicktheBassist
Originally posted by FEDFAN316
i love them i really like the song "give them hell kid"

why do some of u people not like them?

maybe you haven't seen many of AC's other posts on threads of bands that he doesn't like, but if you ask him why or even hint at starting an argument, he will go into relentless detail on what he hates about them. So its better just ignore him regarding things like that.
No offense AC but you do tend to have a very strong oppinion and you try to "convert" people to it, or prove them wrong. It's fine that you have an opinion be a little more modest about publicizing it. If that makes any sense.

Df02
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Coz they're not Tool

-AC

sorry, just edited ur post a bit to what u actually meant to say laughing stick out tongue

Nanashi
I like MCR I love their new music video "Helena" really awesome song.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Df02
sorry, just edited ur post a bit to what u actually meant to say laughing stick out tongue laughing out loud

Renio
there good

spazzymcgee14
Originally posted by NicktheBassist
maybe you haven't seen many of AC's other posts on threads of bands that he doesn't like, but if you ask him why or even hint at starting an argument, he will go into relentless detail on what he hates about them. So its better just ignore him regarding things like that.
No offense AC but you do tend to have a very strong oppinion and you try to "convert" people to it, or prove them wrong. It's fine that you have an opinion be a little more modest about publicizing it. If that makes any sense.
yes it does and i kinda figured that out already

Lydia_J
I love My Chemical Romance, there's a few of their songs that are annoying but on the whole they are really good

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by NicktheBassist

I don't try to convert people to my opinion, that seems to be the most common misconception here. Couldn't care less if you agree with me or not.

Df, you know full well that's not why I think they're shit.

-AC

Df02
well im curious then, why do you?
the only weak aspect of their music imo is the lyrics, theyre slightly cheesy, but not particularly weak.

theyre all pretty competent musicians, produce a pretty distinct take on the emo genre musically...so much so that its difficult to even stick them under emo. the vocals are pretty strong and suit the music very well. produce consistent songs (open for opinion on whether u like the songs, but theyre all consistent standard)

theres not much u can fault them on really without denouncing the whole style and genre of music, which i know u probably will...

Alpha Centauri
I simply don't think the music is anything good at all.

If you like them, fine. I think they're shit coz I don't like the music. The only difference I see between them an other Emo/Screamo bands is that he actually makes an attempt to sing, albeit unimpressive IMO.

-AC

buttcrack
i think their music sucks

Emma718
My Chemical Romance rocks!

Afro Cheese
Hear this band mentioned a lot... downloaded a few songs.. not into it.

Emma718
i am

Afro Cheese
Congratulations.

Emma718
laughing out loud

mordamor22
I think they are pretty sweet although ive only bought their new cd...looking forward to buying their 1st

fuct_up_kid
the helena video is awesome. i've only seen the rough cut, but it's amazing

smarcus
My Chem are one of my favorite bands right now... them and the used and linkin park etc;

They are bad ass, and their videos are AMAZING they're either funny or just so cool

they are a band you wanna get into and if you like MCR then you just def. listen to the used big grin

Morning_Glory
^ I like your siggy smile

Korri
not a big fan , but they are OK

Emma718
i love the Helena song..and lol..in the I'm not Okay video, Frank was like to that cheerleader "You have something in your eye" and he leans over and she thinks they are gonna kiss but he took somethin out of her eye instead and leaves..lol.

fuct_up_kid
i saw them on saturday at the astoria...awesome gig. except for the fact only a quarter of the crowd knew the old songs...which sucked.

sk8stuff09
theyr cool, i like old album better, i brought u my bullets..etc.....they r pretty talented live, if u listen to them on mtv live they r cool, but on a fuse show they showed live footage, theyy sucked, but it was the bad sound system, so its not their fault

BlackC@t
I heard 'I'm Not Okay' and I really didn't like it.

I could have sworn these guys had a song on the first Spider-Man album but after checking my copy I guess I was wrong...

I don't like MCR. They suck.

PINBALL
I dont really like them their OK i guess

Jeff_Atello
I had never heard MCR until I walked into Warped Tour last year and heard them playing on the main stage. They were amazing, talented, charismatic. They completely blew me away. I knew they were gonna be big. So I got home and started listening to their stuff. "Three Cheers..." is probably one of the best albums I've heard in the last few years. Now, as long as Gerard can lay off the coke...

chemical_chris
they are the best band to come out in a long time

i do't normaly like new music but they are cool and i love them

ChickinMeat
hmmm, my friend told me to download there new song, i cant remember what it was called.

I clicked play, and instantly wished i could reverse time. man, what a piece of tat, i couldnt believe how dreadful the song was, i even felt like crying manly tears.

I think i will be avoiding there CD

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Originally posted by ~AlluNeedIsLuv~
man I actually really like this band embarrasment I love the song "I'm not okay" its so good and I think the video is totally hilarous!! thumb up

oh god what was I on?

I ****ING hate MCR..wow did I say that, I don't even remember saying I liked any of their songs, ew gross I'm gonna vomit

SlipknoT
They suck, they're Just another Pop Band with guitars Like Simple Plan.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
why, do you anyways lead things to Simple Plan

Morning_Glory
i started a thread on these guys but not sure what happened to it... so this is probably a double thread,.. just like the good charlotte threads

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by SlipknoT
They suck, they're Just another Pop Band with guitars Like Simple Plan.

Pretty much yeah

Darth Luke
i like my chemical romance, i only like 'im not ok' their other songs suck

SlipknoT
why, do you anyways lead things to Simple Plan Because if somethings shit, Simple Plan is the easiest thing to lean back on.

moonwalker741
true that

xVampessx
I went to see them a couple of weeks back and they were wicked! big grin i got crushed but it was so worth it!

Df02
Originally posted by Darth Luke
i like my chemical romance, i only like 'im not ok' their other songs suck

then you don't actually like them then do you? you just saw their song on mtv.
gain some musical integrity, dickface

Alpha Centauri
While that guy is an idiot, I have heard alot of their songs across their albums, I still think they suck.

Doesn't demean my musical integrity any.

-AC

Df02
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
While that guy is an idiot, I have heard alot of their songs across their albums, I still think they suck.

Doesn't demean my musical integrity any.

-AC

you misunderstood me, i meant its pretty obvious he bases his music taste on what he see's on mtv.

i couldn't care less if people don't like MCR, their choice.
but to say something like what he said just proves some people have no respect for their own music tastes

Alpha Centauri
Agreed, agreed.

-AC

Filth
I have just started to listen to it, and I love it, especially Helena, with I am currently listening to

StinkFist462
bought there CD cause the artowork looked good ( hey i had a lot of money and nothing to spend it on ). got home and was greatly disappointed. i wish they would accept refunds to opened goods

cad
ive heard of them only like a couple of songs and i think there allright.

Flutter Fire
Oh, I love My Chemical Romance! smile

PunisherFan33
weird ass band and they suck

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by Df02
m8 left his CD here so i listened thru it....pretty good.
not sure where they from etc etc or how big they r.. any comments here haha

not really expecting much stick out tongue
MCR ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!
big grin
they well kewl
well i only know-helena,im not okay and ghost of you.

Df02
lol it's funny how i made this thread after i listened to 'i brought you my bullets..' and yet it only flourished after the release of the I'm Not Okay video...

Flutter Fire
Originally posted by PunisherFan33
weird ass band and they suck

They do not suck.

BlackC@t
oh god what was I on?

I ****ING hate MCR..wow did I say that, I don't even remember saying I liked any of their songs, ew gross I'm gonna vomit

laughing

Df02
Originally posted by StinkFist462
bought there CD cause the artowork looked good ( hey i had a lot of money and nothing to spend it on ). got home and was greatly disappointed. i wish they would accept refunds to opened goods

i always open my CD's carefully - if it's wrapped then cut down the side with a knife and slide it out, security seals are easier to work with, just open it from the hinges not the front - listen to it, if you don't like it, put it back and no1 is the wiser wink

Benjio
Personally i think My Chemical ROmance are the same as all these other randomish rock-goth type bands, just plain boring.

Emma718
i like them.but i gotta say they have gone Mainstream like the Used

Df02
Originally posted by Emma718
i like them.but i gotta say they have gone Mainstream like the Used

unlike simple plan ofcourse

~Rad~
I think they're cool. Not the best, but ok. smile

punkrocker666
mrc kiks ass

punkrocker666
mcr sorry im kinda tired i forget things

SlipknoT
Horrid band.

WAF3001
I love MCR, and SLipknot, I hate your new sig.

SlipknoT
I love my new sig.

Imaginary
Never listened to them. My friend likes them so I guess their older stuff is OK

Red Superfly
I don't like bands like this. Too whiny and pathetic, whinging all the time but not saying much and constantly waxing lyrical about NOTHING of merit.

Too clean, too sub-urban. I don't want to see or hear a bunch of preppy rich kids pretending to be down-trodden, whine about their predicament and how much they hate their parents. Grow the f*ck up. Bunch of post-grunge posers who come across as immature, unnapreciative idiots with truly generic rock-school textbook mediocrity to back up their insipid lullabies. Sing one love song and move on, dammit.

And the names they all come up with. Do they have to have some sort of love/hate theme in all their names?

My Chemical Romance, Funeral For A Friend, Bullet For My Valentine. Wow, how diverse these names are roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oooh, they're soooo dark and tragic. How adorable. Losers.

WAF3001
you've just made a powerful enemy!

SlipknoT
Since when have you been considered powerful? And Yes, They suck.

Imaginary
Powerful? laughing

Morning_Glory
i think I like Helena... erm

the lead singer wears way to much make up

mcrflippinrocks
any fans they flippin rock evil face Happy Dance big grin

mcrflippinrocks
rock

nick1811
awful band, possibly THE worst, except possibly Avril Lavigne

mcrflippinrocks
avril lavigne is a poser

mcrflippinrocks
rolling on floor laughing

mcrflippinrocks
blowup2gunsfishtomcat

el_barto
Enough with the smilies please. MCR sucks, their a pop culture peace of shit that is only popular because they look "goth" and that their the "new" thing.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>