The good ole double standard....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Ok explain something to me men. Why is it that the majority of men get all bent out of shape at the mention of some beautiful mans name? (example Orlando Bloom) BUT, then will kill themselves to make sure they are home in time to watch Baywatch? (yes I know its not on anymore its an example) I mean why is it OK for guys to lust after other women but the first sign your girlfriend, wife etc shows an interest in something nice thats male you all freak? messed
NOTE: not all men behave this way...but a great majority do.

AND before someone goes off on a tangent..I KNOW women do demonstrate the same behaviors...this one doesnt tho. I personally always figured my ex would have had to be blind to not notice the sexy little number walking down the street coming towards us. But he DID go ballistic if I wanted to watch a Mel Gibson movie. stick out tongue

Victor Von Doom
I think it's something to do with the way in which it is expressed. Men tend to do it in a stupid sexual way, whereas women make it sound like a major deal, or so I have experienced.

Jedi Priestess
well yeah but see now not all women do...my comment is usually something along the lines of "my he is fine", whereas I have seen men that damn near salivate. And I have to tell you that the stupid sexual way that you are referring to is gonna get you in trouble every time. laughing

§pearhead
"not all men do", "not all women do", it just depends on the person, methinks

furryman
It means he wants to be the only man for you stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
yeah but he want to be able to do all the window shopping fantasizing he possibly can, and thats my point. smile

yerssot
in all honesty what I have against bloom?
he can't act... he has a squeeky voice and has the ability to irritate me just by me looking at his babyface

oh and for the record, people already know that I like ie Nikopolidis eek!

Jedi Priestess
I agree he cant act very well but his face is simply jawdrop beautiful........*sigh*

yerssot
babyface stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
eh what can I say I like em young hehehehehhehe evil face

yerssot
but THAT young gets you in jail stick out tongue

Phoenix
I'm with you with most points, but not the voice, he has a sexy husky voice... *drools*

BackFire
*shrugs* I dunno. My GF likes all sorts of actors because they are hot. I don't care. I guess alot of people are just stupid.

yerssot
*speaks in high squeeky voice*
hey phoe! marry me stick out tongue

Phoenix
*puts on Minnie Mouse bow and squeaks back*

oh, yerssle, I thought you'd never ask! but you have to let me still stalk Pippin... shifty

yerssot
*kermit the frog appears in armor*
"Unhand her crook!"

oh kermit! wrong show! sad

Phoenix
*squeals like a girl*

wait! I am a girl! So does that make me cissy when I squeal...?

yerssot
no, that makes you a damsel in despair happy

Phoenix
*despairs*

yerssot
*wears armor and runs to horse from behind, jumps on horse but hits it full in the butt, falls down*
ow! white men can't jump!

Phoenix
*throws yerss across pommel and walks horse home*

silly silly yerssle... big grin

yerssot
but damsel! I gotta save you!

Phoenix
*is saved*

have to run... sad I need my own internet conection!

yerssot
I can save you from the internet connection eek!

Evy_O
eeeeeeeeeew, Bloom! anyhoo...

you know, this is very much true, here there is a bunch of actors girls are absolutely crazy for, and there go boys, claiming they are ALL gay roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's insecurity yes

yerssot
Bloom really isn't? eek! stick out tongue

Evy_O
blasphemy! how dare you!

yerssot
he seems to be confused

Jedi Priestess
only if ya get caught! LOL........and as long as its over 18 there is no jail sentence! laughing laughing

Victor Von Doom
Haha, LOOK, that's what I meant. Most men would just say 'I'd do her' or something equally fake.

yerssot
he's over 18? blink

Jedi Priestess
Orlando Bloom is 27! LOL

Alpha Centauri
To be perfectly honest Jedi Priestess, I think because if a man wants to bone a woman and says so, it doesn't seem as big a thing psychologically because he's just putting something in to the female, physically.

The reason, I think that it's so damaging/offensive to men that women would want to have sex with a male they see on TV or have lust based feelings, especially if they are close to or have a crush on said woman, is because it's basically the woman wanting to have another man put something in her. It seems more intimate/personal to the common and simple brained male, that a woman would want something put into her rather than a man wanting to put it in.

If you get what I'm saying. It all sounds a bit long but it happens in seconds. I know that when someone I like has referred in that way to another man, it isn't a good feeling. Yet if a man refers to someone I like that way, it isn't good but it isn't AS bad as hearing your girl or someone you like, want another man's dignity put into them.

Hope that answered it for you some what. Is just from my point of view as a man and from what I have gathered from others.

-AC

TheRealistKilla
my lady dont care who i think is hot she tells me all the time that she fantacizes abought

johnny depp

i told her i fantasize abought angelina jolie and natalie portman.

G.P
Because when you take a look at these forums for instance it's not only namedropping : it an obsession ! wink (posters, pics, gossip, talks, etc etc etc). That obsessive behavior is a bit annoying when it lasts more than a month...

And I don't behave that way.

Alpha Centauri
"I KNOW women do demonstrate the same behaviors...this one doesnt tho. I personally always figured my ex would have had to be blind to not notice the sexy little number walking down the street coming towards us. But he DID go ballistic if I wanted to watch a Mel Gibson movie. "

FAR be it from me to comment on your relationship (if you are in one) which believe me, is not what I am doing. But isn't it time to stop the celebrity crushes or lust based feelings when you actually settle down with someone for a long term thing? Well, correction. I wouldn't say STOP but at least keep them to yourself. If you see a man/woman on TV who you think is hot and your man/woman is sitting right next to you. You don't come out and say it. You should keep it to yourself. Even so, things like that shouldn't spark up turmoil anyway. So your partner thinks someone on TV or something is hot, it's not like they'll ever get the chance, nor would they act on it if the did get it. If of course they are faithful. Also applies to people in the street. If you know your partner is faithful then a quick glance, possible comment, wont do any harm. Both ways.

Not to stereotype, but as far as celebrity crushes go, women (at a younger age, sometimes up to teens tho) do tend to for the most part, have this actual belief that they will marry their idol. I've known girls who have cried their eyes out when one of the Backstreet Boys got hooked up. On the flipside, I never ever EVER thought I'd get with Angelina Jolie. So when she hitched up with Billy Bob Thornton, I didn't care coz the only thing I ever did was lust after her from what I saw anyway. Which was pics and tv appearances/movies. Which I could continue to do (don't worry I wont get TOO sordid).

Maybe that's another key factor to this. Maybe women take their men admiring other women, WORSE, due to how they admired THEIR idol.

Interesting topic Jedi Priestess.

"i told her i fantasize abought angelina jolie "

*Loads Gun*

Back off chum.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.