What has Dune influenced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superfly4000
First of all, I just want to say that The Lord of the Rings kicks Harry Potters Hairy a$$. Besides that; I just read Dune and I found that it influenced many movies and books. I would just like to ask what you think Dune, by Frank Herbert has influenced...

Predator 89
I believe its influenced Starwars trilogy although i like Starwars Dune is better in every way possilbe.

RaventheOnly
It influenced all forms of Sci-fi big grin .... Dune was basicaly the first true modern Sci-fi .... it is the greatest...

Dexx
yes it's a great piece of literature. it has everything you could possibly want from a sci-fi

Predator 89
"It influenced all forms of Sci-fi .... Dune was basicaly the first true modern Sci-fi .... it is the greatest..."

How true you are Revantheonly. Dune is the grates scifi Masterpiece its like what LOTR is to Fantasy. BTW have any of you read the whole saga?

Dexx
of dune?..yeah

dune (2 vol)
dune messiah
children of dune (2 vol)
god emperor
heretics of dune
chapterhouse.

these are it, i think

Predator 89
I've been trying to read the entire saga but i've gotten to God emperor one of the best philosophical books ever. also i was wondering if any one else has read the prequels by Brian Herbert?

Dexx
neah..i've tried..they're no good thumb down

god emperor has SOME philosophical achievements..but it's hardly one of the best. In fact..i liked it more AFTER i finished it...and saw how it was with the god emperor FINALLY gone.
the book makes the atmosphere of 'a great deal of time' under his ruling, very real

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.