When does one age in M:E end and the next begin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PippinTook
How do you know when one age in M:E ends and one begins? confused Like...I either read (in the appendix or something) or heard that we are now living in the Seventh Age....but how do you know when it ends and the next one starts??? This may be a very obvious question...but I never see the obvious stick out tongue

RaventheOnly
Its usually an event that ends the age.... like the fall of Sauron

PippinTook
Ah, I see....So what happened to end the rest of the ages? Like, say, the fifth? Or the sixth? Or whatever...

RaventheOnly
Trully i'm not sure big grin and in comparison to the others in this thread i'm just as clueless ... I should have put "i think" big grin .... but if i had to guess... maybe things like very large wars or the fall of Saurons prediscessor.

PippinTook
laughing out loud Yeah. That makes sense, though....Plus, it's more than I would have known stick out tongue

OrliNElijahsGrl
Oooh we are in the seventh age? really?

PippinTook
That's what I read.

OrliNElijahsGrl
wow!!! i looked in the appendices to see if anything happened on my bday, Febuary 15th, and nothing happened, but something happened the 14th and 16th! LOL

PippinTook
Yeah, I did that, too. Gandalf arrived in Hobbiton on my birthday big grin April 12th.

Bar-en-Danwedh
Sauron should be proud that he started 2 new ages...

but, yeah, anything big that happens triggers a new age...

Aragornmessedauron is defeated, let this be the begening of the fourth age
crowd:huzzah!!!
---two--days--latter---
Burlyman:I've just discovered unfiltered beer
Aragorn:mmmmm... that tastes pretty good! LET THIS BE THE BEGENING OF THE FIFTH AGE!!!
crowd:huzzah!!!

PippinTook
laughing out loud @ Bar-en stick out tongue

Aurora
Ummm I am not sure if your question was answered or not but I will put what I do know in as well smile

The First Age was ended with the destruction of Beleriand and the final defeat of Morgoth. Then most of the Noldor returned to the West as well as many of the Sindar.

The Second age Was ended by the first overthrow of Sauron... The Third Age was ended by the War of the Ring ( or the defeat of Sauron) But the Fourth age Didn't actually start until Elrond crossed the sea.

As to what age it went to I have no IDEA... no

Exabyte

PippinTook
Thanks, guys stick out tongue

HEY!!! AURORA!!! I haven't seen you in a LONG time!!! love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.