Cable/Deadpool or Wolverine/Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Which is a better series?

Arachnoidfreak
Cable/Deadpool. Wolverine/Punisher was a major dissapointment.

SnakeEyes
well who knows, maybe Wolvie/Punisher number 5 will be awesome!
BTW how many Cable/Deadpool issues r there gonna be?

moshtitan
im goin for Cable/deadpool right now.

SnakeEyes
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY CABLE/DEADPOOL ISSUES THERE ARE GONNA BE?!?!?!?!?

Manowar
calm down dude wtf!

ScarletSpider
It's an ongoing series, so as many issues as they can crank out before Marvel cancels it for doing better than their "flagship" series.

Thor and Iron Man have been eating major crap for sales lately, but notice how they cancel Thanos and Runaways instead? Yeah, so once Cable and Deadpool rakes in as much money as the last Captain America series did, but in half the time, it'll be cancelled.

SnakeEyes
sorry dude but i am pumped about this series cuz i read the first four issues just now

ScarletSpider
Yeah, it's been badass so far, and I hope it keeps going for a long time.

Have you heard about the new X-Force series?

SnakeEyes
no, is it gonna be cool?

Arachnoidfreak
No, actually, I read somewhere that it's only a 5 or 6 issue series. I think it was in a Marvel Preview magazine. It said something like "This is it! The final issue of this amazing crossover series! Cable and Deadpool must mix their bodily fluids to survive"...blah blah blah.

SnakeEyes
oh well, i like that series though, it is awesome

ScarletSpider
Not to flip flapjacks at the wrong Lumber Jack, Arachnoidfreak, but you're clearly on crack. jk

Fabian Nicieza, who writes it, is already talking about the next story arc, and if you look around you can see the advance sales list that show Cable and Deadpool #7 and 8 and stuff.

Alpha Centauri
"sorry dude but i am pumped about this series "

And Understatement of the Year goes toooooo? Hahaha.

I like Cable/Deadpool better coz they're two characters not delved into as much as Wolverine/Punisher. So it's always nice to get a look in.

I just hope Surfer doesn't get cancelled.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Hmm, maybe I got 'series' and 'storyarc' mixed up? I dunno, but I'm pretty sure about what I saw.

Alpha Centauri
I hope they continue it either way.

-AC

ScarletSpider
Yeah, the storyarc is ending with them swaping fluids (ughhh, sounds icky) and then goes into another one about Cable being all savior like, and Deadpool has to be a Judas.

Arachnoidfreak
Well, in anycase, my comic book store owner guy is holding that series for me, I'm picking up the lastest issue when I go there tomorrow. I got a lot of comics to buy. Thankfully I have lots of money this week.

SnakeEyes
"And Understatement of the Year goes toooooo? Hahaha."

what is that supposed to mean?!?!?!

SnakeEyes
also, does anyone know what the next story arc is about?

ScarletSpider
Something about Cable being all savior Jesus like, and Deadpool is going to be all Judas deceptive like.

Maelstrom
If you really enjoy seeing telekinetic, and for me i prefer it in a guy, you have to read Cable and Deadpool and X-force and X-men:Academy X. Cable's book has been full of t.k. displays and in Issue 6 he raises massive parts of his ship from around the globe. He's always floating or some kind of tk. I like him so much better now that he has his power instead of just being a gun guy. So he has the ship "Proffessor" back and now he can teleport anywhere again.
He'll rock in X-force.
In Academy X there is a new kid Hellion. He's a total t.k.

ScarletSpider
Yes. Cable and Deadpool 6 was great. Raising 6 giant pieces of a satelite around the world, while conversing telepathically with someone halfway across the globe. Pretty neat stuff.

RaventheOnly
Male telekinetics huh... Rav still owns him big grin

Paola
Cable/Deadpool thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300302

use it! big grin

closing...

Paola
alright.... change my mind.....

merging...

Nataku8188
Exactly.

Cable and deadpool 6 came out?!?!!?

WHEN!?!

Ironman 66
cable/deadpool

SnakeEyes
Yeah when did it come out!?!?
also how good is the final issue of Wolvie/Punisher?

Alpha Centauri
I prefer Cable/Deadpool because I like em more than Wolvie/Punisher. But Wolverine and Punisher are great together.

-AC

Maelstrom
Wolverine/Punisher first 2 iss. were good then it bombed. Cable/Deadpool, Excalibur, and X-force are the best going now. If the X-force mini goes as well as can be they may make it a reg. again.
You can't blame Nate for trying to save his own life from his own powers while at the same time trying to grow and live his own life. It pisses me off how the X-men are the first ones to turn on him and they volunteered for it. The abandoned him as a baby and now theyll do it again. It's alot easier feeling sorry about what you did than actually being an effective friend.

manic_rage
Although I've been buying thr cable/deadpool purely for deadpool, I'm not convinced, the stroy lacked forward momentum, t got shoddy in parts, made no sense in other places, and the art is too passe, come on UDON are best suited to manga/anime, not marvel.

ScarletSpider
When it started out the artist didn't work at UDON, but just did a mean UDON style imitation, guess he got hired then. Good for him.

I agree with you on the story momentum, it could easily have been a 4 part arc, and had just as much stuff in it, and Nicieza has a tendency to over-complicate things, but overall it turned out promising I think. Hopefully the next arc, which again will be 6 issues, will merit the length and be a little less..muddled at times.

And bring on the Taskmaster! Nicieza said he should be appearing at some point, along with Agent X! WOO! Tasky's one of my favorite characters and I really enjoy his new merc role.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.