are sequels really necissary?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BloomBabyGirl
dont get me rong. i am not 1 to complain about johnny AND oorlando on th ebig screen togethrer but in most movies that have sequels they usually leave questions unansered or things to think about. take spiderman it left u lingering thats why so many ppl e went to see spiderman 2.but i think w/o johnny or orlando the second movie wont really be about anything. its almost like they couldda made 2 different POTC because there is nothing much left to wonder about at the end of the movie(save where does jack go) i nkow im probably gonna get bitched at by fan girls mostly but i jus wanna know if im the only 1 who thinks this tru smile

Aye-Chico
Yeah I dont think a second AND third film is a must.
In almost every sequel, the first film is much better than the second (except for LOTR and Harry imo), but you know.. I dont mind seeing Jack again in a new film. big grin

APirateMonkey
Jack da Monkey takes a medallion right at the end Thats somthin

calenlass
i just hope that when they come out with these two next films, that they dont call them 'pirates of the caribbean ii: blahblahblah'. they didnt call the first one 'pirates of the caribbean i'... the 2 and 3 is definitely not necessary. i figure they may be chronologically sequencial, but theyre different stories with the same characters. end of story.

tinkerbell668
well, to me they left the ending wide open...i mean some people think ohh how nice jack sailed away.But...I wondered what happened to jack ya know and will and everyone!!! But not all sequels were bad, and I can give you a perfect example...Indiana Jones!! They had 4 movies and they are in the process of making another. So no, not neccesary but they can do it!!

APirateMonkey
3 movies and in the making in another and the chest from POTC is from 1 of those movies eek!

BloomBabyGirl
ya but look at the matrix they killed it! and what about umm..eh...erm..argh...yyo momma

APirateMonkey
eh........I didnt watch either of the matrix sequals the first 1 confused me 2 much

tinkerbell668
yeah i was way too confused to watch the others...

APirateMonkey
I didnt even get the first one

tinkerbell668
me neither...I liked finding nemo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APirateMonkey
me 2

tinkerbell668
yeah and shrek 2

APirateMonkey
I love Puss In Boots/PiB

tinkerbell668
We can tell *points to siggy*

APirateMonkey
big grin

estel_aragorn
I love the thought of a sequel, but I really, really don't want children or family members brought into the movies!!
Like will and Elizabeth having children, Jacks dad, and Bootstrap Bill. In every disney sequel its ruined with children and family, I really hope they just leave it to the adults and so on!
Thats me tho!

BloomBabyGirl
thats tru. kids r losers.

tinkerbell668
well...I think if it makes the story work, they wil go for it!! The writers are great they will make the movie awesome!!!

APirateMonkey
Yep I totally agree with ya Tink big grin

tinkerbell668
thanks!!!! hopefully other peeps will too...

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin

tinkerbell668
hmmmmmm no one else around....

airangel
The sequels are supposed to be different stories about Captain Jack Sparrow.

Unholly_Cheese
I hope they do wellyes

tinkerbell668
I hope thats what its about....but did anyone read the thing where they said that the story was about barbossas daughter kidnapping elizabeth before her wedding and will and jack have to fight a monstar or something??? AHHHH I h8 that story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So dumb...

estel_aragorn
That story sounds a little far-fetched. I think someone made it up.... hopefully blink.
For some reason that story reminds me of sinbad... weird.

Unholly_Cheese
Sin-......b-ad???

tinkerbell668
lol yeah i think da same thing, someone had to make that up!!!

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin

Unholly_Cheese
big grin

tinkerbell668
big grin <why are we smileing?

Unholly_Cheese
Dunno we better stop or we will be hunted downconfused

tinkerbell668
*hides under rock* good point, they wont recognize me now > alien YEAH!!!!!!! I'm under cover!!!!

Unholly_Cheese
*Hides in unholly cheese*

tinkerbell668
^^ ooooooooooh good hideing place!!! ^^

tinkerbell668
yay got a new siggy^^^ eek!

estel_aragorn
awesome siggy tink!

tinkerbell668
eeeeek thanks!!

ArrghPirateGirl
B-E-A-UTIFUL

tinkerbell668
*squeals* EEEK yay...I took a test and this is what I got!!!

ArrghPirateGirl
blink

tinkerbell668
sorry...I got a little too excited...anyways, moving on!!!!

ArrghPirateGirl
laughing

Unholy_Cheese
Aagh ofcoarse sequels r nesasary..burn this person shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.