Depressing comic stories.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Ive known about this for a long time.

My dad was a gung ho comic collector when he was about 12. He got 10-20 comics a week for 5-7 years straight. He went to college, then came back to california to pick up the rest of his stuff, his sister/nephew sold all of the comics(not really sure who took it though or what they did with it.) But everytime he talks about it with my cousin, his always silent to my dad laughing out loud and changes the subject. Oh well thats life. smile

Alpha Centauri
Back when I was only young and started getting into comics, my comic store was too far to go to alone so I'd have to get my cousin to go for me. When I got older he moved and phoned me. He said "I have a load of comics in the garage you might want." Behold, there were HUNDREDS of comics. Marvel, DC and 2000AD ones. I added the Surfers to my Surfer collection and marvelled (N.P.I) at all the other comics. I guess the depressing part is he left them unwrapped on the floor. Surprisingly some are in Mint-Very Fine condition. My 30th Anniversary Captain America has cover wear though sad. I guess that's the depressing part.

-AC

ScarletSpider
My father had a giant collection of comics. At one point he had bought 2 X-Men #1's. And his mother threw them out a second story window when she was cleaning his and his brohters' rooms, other crap was thrown out the window and the comics were ruined. Similar stuff happened to Daredevil #1, early Spider-Man comics and most of his stuff from the 60's.

He managad to salvage and keep much of his collection, and when he and my mom moved up to Maine an aunt or someone offered to keep some of their stuff for awhile, so he put several boxes of comics in their basement, a few days after something happened and the basement was flooded. He lost over half of his collection. Although to this day a few hundred remain, and I have those in my collection now, with a couple notable issues, but none of the really early 60's stuff that he once had.

SnakeEyes
JEEZ!
ScarletSpider that is the most depressing comic story i have ever heard.

ScarletSpider
Yes...it is very sad. :'(

Arachnoidfreak
I had one special crate full of only special comic books, comics with chrome covers, rare variant covers, special editions, #1s(Xmen and Thor to name a couple). I went to summer camp, and when I got back the crate was gone. Either my dad sold them in his store for very cheap($1 apiece) or my mom threw them out. I'm still angry at them.

Manowar
that sucks

vu_Quang
MOM'S JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

ok i go to camp and i have my comics neatly stacked in a nice and neat plastic bag in the place in my room THAT IS PERFECT.

after a week or two i come back and WHAT!!!!??!??!

my comics are thrown into a bin with the bag removed from them AND GET THIS. OTHER BOOKS WERE THROWN ON TOP OF THEM..

i just dont think i'll ever forget that day. it felt like m stomach dropped from a mile high.

oh well most of them still are in fair condition. i use this as a good excuse to actually read them now.

but *sigh*

Darth Jello
I owned a mint condition daredevil #181. then in a period of doubt, i gave it to ARC thriftstores.

I should stick my dick in a pencil sharpner for that one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.