anyone heard of that new movie/THE GRUDGE/eeek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blackwidowlover
never seen anything look so scary
its like another movie like the RING

FeceMan
Looks cool.

DeNiro
It looks like a total ripp off he ring i seriously thought that it was going to say the ring 2 because i mean they practicaly have the same exact girl walking on her hands and knees soaking wet like she just came out of the tv again. But other then it being very like the ring, hell i could be wrong it might be toatlly differnt but at least it looked cool and it also has my future wife sarha michelle gellar in it.

crackerman
The Grudge is a remake of a Japanese film.

I saw the original at a horror festival in Dublin last halloween and while it is in a similar style to the ring, the story line is completely different.

There are things about the story line that I didn't like but as a horror movie it is very good, and I think if the original version is done justice the new version should be a match for the american version of the ring.

DeNiro
well the movie The ring is a remake of a horror film called ringu so really you just proved that it is more like the ring then i thought

crackerman
Only because they are both based on Japanese horror films.

That doesn't mean they are similar films/stories, just that they both come from the same place.

They have made some really good horror films in Japan over the last few years and I would love to see more remakes of them because I haven't seen too many original horror films coming out of Hollywood recently, ones that have made it over here anyway.

Films like Battle Royale and Ichi The Killer are brilliant and original and could be huge hits if they were re made properly.

Mordecai
If anyone even seriously thinks about remaking Battle Royale, they will recieve a sword to the face, and you should be ashamed for mentioning anything so outrageous, as for Ichi the Killer, i haven't seen it, but hope to in the future.

As for The Grudge, i loved the original and i think i read somewhere that the original director of The Grudge (forget his name, its quite epic) is directing the remake, my memory isn't the greatest, so it may be for another remake, but if he is directing, it should be quite awesome.

crackerman
I couldn't see anything wrong with a remake of Battle Royale. The only reason that I can see for it not being a huge worldwide hit was because it isn't in English. I know the language barrier wouldn't deter any true film fans but for your average person they are put off by the thought of having to read the lines during the film.

If a remake made the film accessible to more people I would think it would be a great thing.

MildPossession
America would NEVER remake Battle Royale. It doesn't need a remake anyway, so hopefully it will be left alone. I would be very surprised if they did.

I am looking forwards to The Grudge remake, I have only seen the original first film, haven't seen the straight to video Grudge or the second film. But I really enjoyed the original even though it's a bit messy, which hopefully they have cleared up in the remake.
And yes it is remade by the original director of the Japanese original.

SublimeKay
I saw 'The Grudge' the weekend it came out, it sucked so terribly. I was so entirely disappointed. There was all this talk about how scary it was, so I got pumped and wanted to see it..then it sucked. I asked for my money back. Don't see 'The Grudge', its terribly overrated and isnt worth your time.

Darth_Big_Boy
I was totally disappointed with The Grudge. The orig. was much better.

papabeard
Forget about the feckin americans remaking all these japanese horror films, check out the original japanese verisons. Ju-On the grudge is breathtaking and terrifying, also sam raimi said it was the scariest film he had ever seen, the american remakes of these films are always poor and dilute the original terror and fear. Check out other great japanese horror movies soon to be remade by moronic holywood studios :

Dark Water
Double Vision
The Spiral ( Ring Companion piece)
The Eye
Audition

dean7879
im sick of remakes! its just a con to get more money outta us!! mad

DenKi
The Ring suck, it wasnt scary and had a lame story, The Grudge was scarey and hd a decent story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.