drawing contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
alright....i saw the ideea a while ago on a thread and me and lil talked about making it come true. if people are interested, that is.

so, how would you feel about one? you could either find two or three of your best works or make some new ones, scan them and post them. The rest goes much like the sig contest, i reckon.

post here what you think...

Darth Revan
I'll do it, why the hell not smile

lil bitchiness
Yey! I think it would work! Hope we get people interested! smile

Arachnoidfreak
I would love to participate, but unfortunately, without a working scanner, I'd never be able to put anything up sad all I'd be able to enter is one I already have on my computer, and I've shown most of those already. I assume the contest would be only new and original stuff. sad

lil bitchiness
Well we havent decided the rules yet, so nothing is for sure. smile I've seen your stuff, they're good, im putting new stuff up in the gallery tomorrow as well. smile

Arachnoidfreak
Are you insinuating that some of my stuff is Gallery material!? I'm flattered. embarrasment

lil bitchiness
Yes, I am indeed! Your work is great! big grin

It would be great if you could particiate, i know you have scanner troubles but...sad

Arachnoidfreak
Well, I do have one drawing that I haven't posted yet that I think may be contest material...but If I had a scanner I would definitly do a new one, because it's kind of old(all of what I have posted is pretty old, at least 3 months for each). I've gotten better since I drew it...

Fëanor
i'm in... smile

Guardian_Rikku
I'd participate yes

lil bitchiness
Great, good support so far. smile

Abbita
great idea big grin

Silver Stardust
I'm in, definitely yes

Arachnoidfreak
Ok, well, I'll enter in my old crappy one then, so I'm in. yes

VENOMfan
I will try to enter somthin. It might just be a W.I.P.

Arachnoidfreak
lets get this thing under way!

lil bitchiness
Ok, I have spoken to Raz, and the cometition is going to start on the 23rd of this month. I think arround 3 weeks for itshould be allowed, we'll see.

Raz also agreed to advertise us in the General Discussion Forum. smile

Dexx
great big grin..i should be able to access a scanner by then

Silver Stardust
Awesome.

I will make sure that our scanner is hooked up and working by then...if not, I'll figure out some way to get my entry in big grin

Dexx
yeah..me too..i'm thinking if i can't get that scanner access, if i press the drawing against the screen long enough..it'll copy eventually stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud Hmmm...never tried THAT approach...damn, I lost my digital camera so I can't even use that to photograph my drawings! sad

RobPowell
It should be interesting to see what everyone comes up with, I think we should have ages to, to see where people are at, students or whatever else. Only problem is getting to a scanner confused

lil bitchiness
Well, Im working on the rules as we speak smile

There is going to be a theme of some kind, so any suggestions are welcome.

For now we have only one medium for the competition, and thats traditional art, however we might have another category, again suggestions more than welcome.

big grin

Arachnoidfreak
Theme? Dragons! pleeeeeaaassseee!?!? *puppy eyes*

renske

Dexx
awh theme?..in the first contest? *sobs*
at least make it a general one.....a bigger one..so that a greater variety can fit in it smile

lil bitchiness
Yeah, absolutely.

Dragons are too specific, maybe a fantasy theme?

Arachnoidfreak
Fantasy is good.

Fëanor
if you take your finished work to a print shop or a Kinko's which we have here in the states or even to an art store that can do printwork...for a small fee they can scan your work onto disc...which i've done quite a lot before i got my scanner...

if you do do it this way...just be sure they output scan between 300 or 600 dpi so that you get all the detail, then when you lower it to post you won't lose the quality...you can ask them to save it as tiff file not jpeg...

and depending on the medium...make sure you spray a fix on your work so it doesn't smudge on the scanner...

Dexx
and...question...consider the drwaings altered in a imaging softwere, after scanning.
think about whether that should be allowed or not

Arachnoidfreak
NO! I think everything in a contest should be done by your own hand, none of that image altering crap after you've already finished.

Dexx
thought the results can be pretty amazing

lil bitchiness
Ok, so can we agree, that possible theme for this contest will be 'fantasy'?

I was also thinking along the lines of 'abstract' theme and maybe ''war and peace'' but that might get a little contravertial.

Anyway...any other suggestions about the rules or the contest itself?

Darth Revan
We could have separate categories for computer edited/unedited things... I probably wouldn't do something modified on a computer, but it might be interesting...

Also I think you should make the theme "fantasy/science fiction", might get more entrants that way.

Fëanor
fantasy is good spring board as it'll draw the most participants...

i also like the abstract part also as i am a big fan of it...war and peace would be good too, we could dictate that it not be too graphic yet not too watered down as it will take away the emotion and the feeling of what war does...but for the start we should do fantasy...

for now we could have the participants go traditional, e.g. hand drawn then rendered using whatever material is available to them: paint, chalk, colored pencils and paint...

but on the b-side, i'm sure i'll get some agreement on this, while i can draw pretty well i cannot for the life of me use traditional paint or any other mechanical medium, hence my love for PhotoShop...maybe we could start at a later date a new category for those digital artists unless it is the consensus to allow them also...

lil bitchiness

Serif
Sounds great big grin

Darth Revan
Whoa... Serif, you have a really cool sig yes

lil bitchiness
Also, Id like to announce that the winner of the contest will be allowed, as a prise, to make their own gallery of their work in Art Forum.

Dexx
smile..what does that mean

lil bitchiness
Well, all the drawn work by anyone goes into one thread, the Exhibition thread....everyone's work goes there.

The winner as a prise will be allowed a thread of his own with his own artwork only. smile

Darth Revan
When are we going to start?

lil bitchiness
Like I already said, 23rd of this month.

Darth Revan
sorry embarrasment

should probably read more carefully...

lil bitchiness
cool its cool DR, my man.

Im just still having trouble with rules erm

RobPowell
Are we meant to put the scanned image on a post on this thread when it comes round to it?

Dexx
the proper thread will be made after the rules are decided, i guess

punkyhermy
ummm wat are we supposed to draw?
oh well, anyways i don't have a scanner!!!!!!!!!
so maybe i will take pictures by a digital camera, i tried that ones and it suked bad!

punkyhermy
oh and when are we gonna start?

Mr Zero
23rd!

lil bitchiness
OK, i would appreciate if people would read the thread before replying, im not going to repet myself any more, becase its getting teadious. sleepy

There will be a sperate thread for posting only your work, this is a suggestion thread!

beastnpyro
weeeee id participate too... uh....... since the contest is gonna be on the 23rd... would it still go afterwards?? or juz on the 23rd? cuz i might not be able to post sum on the 23

Dexx
3 weeks after the 23rd

lil bitchiness
Yup, we're giving it 3 weeks for entries? Everyone cool with that?

Dexx
yup

Fëanor
sounds good... big grin

punkyhermy
sorry!
didn't read carefully!!!
soooo
i was wondering
fantasy art...... can e add peopel in the art?
like you know cartoons etc, like originals, or is it just FANTASY...
i might join..

Silver Stardust
Sounds good yes

Arachnoidfreak
Oh man I just drew a beautiful new picture, and I can't post it. A panda/fairy cross-over. it has a wand and everything! sad

3 weeks is cool i guess.

Fëanor
please join...

lil bitchiness
Yep, Feanor and I have thought of some rules, and I am gettig them all together as we speak.

The contest will be judged by Feanor and me, and the rules will be coming up soon.

The contest will start in 3 days or 2 days, depending in which time zone you are stick out tongue

Give yourself time you guys, its gonna be on for 3 weeks! eek!

punkyhermy
well....
i really want to join...
but till now....
i have no idea wat kinof thing to draw....
and i have no scanner!!!!

wowywow
hmz.. i wanna be in too.. lets see if i come up with something.. by the way... i'm new to this group stick out tongue big grin

punkyhermy
Welcome!!!!

lil bitchiness
Everyone's welcome indeed! big grin

Ok, 2 more days, I'll be doing the finishing touches on the rules, good luck to all.

And when you get the rules, please take time to read them! happy

Syren
Just a quick note to say Good Luck to everyone winkiss

wowywow
thank you thank you big grin gl 2 u 2 smile just so anxious about the 2 more days till the rules ... wanna read them and get started on the work :P

RobPowell
I take it we can send something that we did last year. No-one's going to do anything specially for it are they? Just our best drawing?

Arachnoidfreak
We have 3 weeks, that means most people are going to do something special for it. besides, it's a contest, why wouldn't you make something new and special? Well...not having a scanner is a good reason, but i mean other than that.

lil bitchiness
Alright, sorry you guys, I had computer problems and i was quite busy. sad
I will post the rules to the contest so it may begin! big grin

Dexx
awh/....because i have a summer homework for my drawing class...and it's bigass, sort to say smile. don't know if i'm gonna have the time

lil bitchiness
Alrighty you guys, the contest has started. Im closing this, as I have opened a brand new discussion thread!

happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.