creed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

musicworshiper
while the first album was ok, their second and third album sucked ass
who else is glad they broke up? Happy Dance

Darth Revan
I am Happy Dance

loserib
i to expected alot more from their second and third album i did like thier first one

yeah the first was pretty damn good..i love "What's this life for" (one of my all time favorite songs) as well as 'My Own Prison' ..great stuf...torn was also a pretty good song

ElectricBugaloo
the first had maybe one or two good songs, but i couldn't get over Stapp's annoying almost Veddarlike voice

musicworshiper
i heard a rumor the other day that eddie vedder was dead, yall hear anything about it?

loserib
when i heard my own prison i thought it was vedder
and no i did not hear that he died

Victor Von Doom
Sucked from start to end.

Darth Revan
I'm sure Eddie Vedder is still alive. When a big star like him dies, you hear about it...

WindDancer
Short and to the point. thumb up

ragesRemorse
Great band. The band worked hard for there music and it showed. some of the sounds they produced were amazing. Vedder has a great damn voice, reaching the high and low notes. Creed was a breath of fresh air everytime i heard them. It was nice to hear a band that wasnt caught up in trends, who just wanted to play and entertain. Yeah so if you want to go off on a spiel on how much they suck, let me save you the trouble i get the point. this is just my opinion, so lets not have me prove you wrong and go in circles. Vedder isnt dead, just heavily addicted to heroin, which was the cause of the break up

Victor Von Doom
Odd, last time I checked he was Pearl Jam's singer.

There was a fake knock off called Scott Stapp in another band...

Darth Revan
Eddie Vedder=talented singer/lyricist, Pearl Jam frontman
Scott Stapp=poorly done Vedder copy who thought he was Jesus or something

ragesRemorse
yeah dont know why i typed eddie, probably because i was listening to him. How do you htink he thought he was Jesus?

loserib
i do see how you would see scott having a jesus complex when i took my mom to see them he kept making jesus like poses
and i would say creed did jump on a bandwagon the christian rock bandwagon just like pod chevval evanessance i think it is kind what killed them

ragesRemorse
Well that might make since if Creed were Christian rock, and or sounded anyhting like the music in that Genre. Creed was rock and roll, but focused more on the high points. every member of the band denied vehemently every time when asked about being Christian rock. Mark Tremonti, who is the songwriter says even though we of the band do believe in a God, Our music is experiences from my life, and the observations of his fellow band memebers lives.

Christian rock, preaches to, and tries to convert, Creed did nothing of the sort, and doesnt sound like the so called bandwagon of christian rock. Creed had, and still does have original rock sounds .

PunisherFan33
hey they didnt break up it was a rumer. they just took a break. so flame them. jerk

ragesRemorse
Ummm...no. sorry to break it to you man, but yeah they did indeed break up. check it out here http://www.creed.com/ the band minus stapp are starting over with a new band called "alter bridge" There album comes out this fall. They did defaintly break up, no matter how much we dont want it to be true.

loserib
have you seen creed live you would be amazed on much religios stuff they do on stage
and plus thats one of the things that makes you a christian band
denie it

PunisherFan33
oh sorry i heard on the radio said it was a rumer embarrasment

ragesRemorse
yes i have sen creed live. What do you mean by Jesus like poses? what the hell is a jesus like pose? Do you mean standing on stage spreading his arms? MANY MANY lead singers do that. Dont you htink maybe that can simulate flying away, as in getting away from the troubles and turmoil of every day life,rising to lnew levels of enlightenment as is the basic concept of alot of there songs. Dude how many christian bands deny they are christian rock? Christian rock is preaching, or a form of prayer in the music. Just because some of creed songs are inspired by religoun doesnt mean they are christian rock, MANY MANY other musicians have also written songs inspired by God or religoun, this doesnt make them christian rock. Not that i would care one way or the other, but the fact is that they are defaintly not christian rock.

Spicy_Mchaggis
scott stapp never thought he was Jesus, he was just a really cocky singer. their first album kicked ass, second one, not too bad, the last one was horrible. anyone else think that mark tremonti is one of the best guitarists out there?

Darth Revan
oh ya mos def mark tremimti is da greates thes much better dan kirk hammet, tom morello, and munkee from korn lolololololololol!!

j/k, Mark Tremonti sucks...

musicworshiper
mark tremonti is actually pretty good....id like to see how his new band does....

Darth Revan
no offense man but I hate Mark Tremonti. He just cranks the distortion way up and plays power chords...

PunisherFan33
i wished they didnt break up they made great music. Happy Dance rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.