Jay and Silent Bob

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kishro
Anyone here seen Jay and silent bob? or jay and silent bob strike back or Mallrats? In my opinion those are the three best movies EVER! lol im absolutely in love with jay, however i cant say the same about silent bob wink If youve seen any of these movies, post ur comments about the duo here.. Im interested in hearing other peoples opinions about the 2 big grin

VENOMfan
there awsome..in every sense

kal-el
Ladies,ladies,ladies!Jay and silent bob are in the hisheeeeeeeeouse!
DIE YOU MONKEY-****!
mother-mother-****mother-mother-********!!

kal-el
'what the **** is the internet' - Jay
by the way, you have to respect silent-bob as he is played by the creator of the two marvelous characters, and all the films, Daredevil comics and green arrow comics - KEVIN SMITH!

VENOMfan
^agree, i love that he was IN the DD movie

kal-el
and DD was in jay'n silent bob strike back! When theyre in the cycle, going past various clowns 'n shit, someone dressed as DD(but a comic book, bright red one) does a DD style flip. Pretty geeky observation but I seen it 10000 times!

VENOMfan
lol, i remember that Will Ferrel added a great character to that movie, the ninja's also rock i got to give prop's to my boy's

kal-el
will ferrell rocks!!LOL

kishro
lol i didnt see dd.. didnt kno jaynbob were in it!! Gotta go rent it!! i liked bens character in jaynbob strike back, but he was really irritating at the same time.. my favorite part is the very beginning when theyre outside the store.. "15 bucks, little man.."

kishro
does anyone know where i can get a jaynbob icon for aim?? (if not both, then just jay smile) lol

kishro
All you nother f****** are gonna pay. you are the one's who are the b*** lickers. When we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax f**** whose makin the movie, we're gonna make 'em eat our s***, the we're gonna make 'em s*** out our s***, then eat their s*** that's made up of the s*** that we made 'em eat. then all you mother f****** are next...love jay and silent bob

lol then they go to all those little kids houses and kick their a***s

kal-el
only silent bob(kevin smith) is in DD as another character, not as himself, but DD was in J'n SB

Spawnie
I loved Jay and Silent Bob, the movie was really funny as expected. Not that all my friends agreed though, but hey to each its own right?!

I loved the fight scene at the end of the movie. Chris Rock was the director, lol, that dude cracks me up. When they fight with those swords and Jay takes a hit from the bong, lol, so funny.

Herr Logan
Kal-El, I caught Daredevil in "Jay and Silent Bob" the first time I saw it. Wasn't that cool?

I have to say that Kevin Smith has done good things, but he's a complete *******. He has two mini-series featuring popular characters that he's had on hold for years. He held up the Daredevil storyline because he was using Bullseye in one mini-series and then left it hanging. In the other one, he's left the reader wondering for 3 years whether the Black Cat is going to get raped or not. I don't like that one bit. He's irresponsible. I don't care what other offers he has every two minutes; if you start a series, you finish it. He's pissing on his fans.
He's going to direct the "Green Hornet". By signing onto that, he's probably forgoing the possibility to of writing or directing the "Daredevil" sequel, which would be much better if he were doing it. Truth is, I would have loved it if Matt Damon had been both the writer and title character in the first film, and having Smith directing it. Instead, we got shit.
I read an interview with Kevin Smith in that moron pot-head magazine "High Times" a few years ago when I was working at a bookstore. He said something about how "there are people out there who can smoke pot and still get a day's work done." Apparently not, Kev. The degenerate weed-advocate who did the interview replied, "Yeah, they're called responsible adults." Well, I'm so glad Mr. Smith proved me right about how asinine that attitude is. For God sakes, he'd rather direct "Jersey Girl" than Daredevil, as he'd rather write comics than comic book movies. And yet, he can't seem to finish a comic once he's started. Great work on "Guardian Devil," which revived the Daredevil book, but **** you, Smith. You're overrated and you've shown us your true colors.

kishro
ooh i understand lol smile now im not too excited about seeing DD lol

VENOMfan
LMAO man i wish i didnt already have a good quote in my sig, bout time sombody took those pothead's down a noch LOL laughing

kal-el
Too right Logan, I just remembered how much he's pissed me off by leaving us hangin with Daredevil Bullseye - the target. It seems like he just wrote that one comic to get 9/11 out of his system and forgot about the rest. Which comic was blackcat gonna get raped? and by who? I take it it was a spiderman comic.
f**k kevin smith, f**k him up his stupid ass!

Darth Jello
The target needs to be finished, and Joe quesada needs to finish the art. the art on the first book sucked!!! Bullseye looks like Palpatine after a spa treatment!!! the blackcat book too!!!

VENOMfan
DAMN STRAIT! lets start a petition!!<sp?

marvel need's to straighten it's shit out,art aside the Venom serie's was written horribly and the plot make's no sense

Spawnie
I didn't know that Mcfarlane thought up venom! ???? VenomFan confirm plz. I really had no idea.

About Kevin, yes all true. I don't wanna comment further cuz u guys did it already, and I don't wanna sound redundant.

kal-el
It makes sense that McFarlane invented Venom though. He's great but what a dark, sick, twisted f*ck!

Herr Logan
I'm more pissed about "Black Cat/Spider-Man" (the comic in which the Cat was about to be raped at the cliffhanger), because I hate that kind of manipulation, but the fact that Smith interfered with Brian Michael Bendis' (you know, the guy who writes at least half of all Marvel comics and at least 20 others each week?) story in "Daredevil" by reserving Bullseye for the time being. He never got around to continuing "Target" so Bendis eventually went ahead and let Bullseye come back for an issue so he could get schooled by ol' Horn-head. it was actually good timing in the end.

VenomFan, thanks for the props. cool

Spawnie, McFarlane didn't necessarily invent Venom. He drew him. I don't remember who was actually writing the comics at that point, but consider that the beginning of Venom was actually years in advance. Remember the black costume that Spider-Man with which Spider-Man returned from the Secret Wars? That's Venom's underwear right there. Venom's character may or may not have been already planned out when the symbiote went back with Spider-Man.

kal-el
Logan, who was gonna rape the blackcat?And what was the issue no?

Herr Logan
I think it was a four part mini-series or something like that, so it might have been issue 3. The rapist is some rich guy with a mutant ability to teleport small amounts of matter. He uses this ability to transport heroin into people's systems, so they could have an overdose and never have tried the drug. After discovering his involvement in the death of a friend of a friend, the Black Cat wanted to give this guy her own personal brand of justice. Spider-Man tried to reason with her and being the dumb ***** that she is, she attacked him and webbed him up with his own toys. I found this incredible and ridiculous, but it shows you why Batman would probably win a fight against Spider-Man. Anyway, the Black Cat went to this guy's apartment, not knowing about his powers, and he drugged her. She was paralyzed, but conscious, and he stated very clearly while removing his shirt that he was going to punish her in the worst way he could think of. To be continued... I could be getting some details wrong, I don't remember vividly because it was left like that YEARS AGO!!

Part of me thinks she deserves it if the villain does violate her, because anyone who's been doing the job she does for as long as she has should be smarter than this. Because rape makes me sick and I condemn all who've ever tried it, I realize my feelings to wards the Black Cat are due to her betrayal of Spider-Man and mostly displaced anger at Kevin Smith for putting this in a story at all. Let's face it, at the time this was published, rape was a theme used in practically every non-mainstream, Marvel title from "Spider-Man: Get Kraven" to "Ultimate Electra and Daredevil." It's like people took it as a green light when Marvel ditched the Comics Code deal to just flood the market with coarser language and gratuitous sexual violence references. I understand that it's a real crime and it needs addressing, but I feel it's being used very manipulatively in these books. Eh, who am I to talk. I compose my own characters in the hopes of writing fleshed-out stories, and a common theme in my story ideas is to have the main character track down sexual predators and enact retribution that's just slightly less horrifying than "The Passion of Christ." But that's my characters and my sick mind. I expect Marvel comics to be more subtle than that. They've had Spider-Man comics for decades. If they want to introduce rape, they should do it smoothly and with more consideration. They should have Spider-Man think about it as a wide-spread problem. Then again, I don't really want to see Spider-Man showing us his pansy-ass vigilante politics and showing mercy to pure scum. I love Spider-Man as an action hero and as a swinging comedian, but it's no secret that he's a gutless pansy when it comes to keeping criminals from hurting people. That's the necessary evil that comes with having long-running villains. I wouldn't want Spider-Man to be harder, really. Luckily, we have problem-solvers like Wolverine for that.
Truthfully, I hope Spider-Man breaks free of his webbing and saves the Black Cat's deceitful, rookie ass and the ***** learns a lesson from the whole thing. But that's if Kevin "responsible pot-head" Smith ever graces us with an ending. You know that they already have an action figure set based on Kevin Smith's series? It's pretty awesome. But because Smith has turned me off of Black Cat by this horrific cliffhanger, I can't bring myself to spend 20 bucks for it. And I'm not sure my fiance would want me to keep that smutty action figure in our home. stick out tongue

BAILY
This is gonna be a dumb question.. but I am looking for pictures of Silent Bob.. specifically one of him as Bluntman holding a Bluntsaber... when he fought Mark Hamill.... if anyone has a nice pic of him doing so... please post.. i need a new avy and bad... thx

kimmeh
bails.. why didnt ya just come to me first? you know i'm a total kevin smith whore! i'll dig up some pics for ya babe wink

AFM19Delta
Keith Smith's movies are the greatest!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.