College Bound

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I just got my acceptance letter to TCNJ.....it was my first choice so I think I'll probably end up attending it smile

I'm happy because this is the first letter to come back (I sent out 3 applications).

LanceWindu
Congrats Julie!

mah
Congratulations!smile

Julie
Thanks!!!!!!!......What emotions should I be having??.....I'm very excited, but also a bit nervous.

Are any of you in college presently or finished it?

mah
no, haven't got that far...

Raz
I can't even remember when I got my acceptence for college....weird it was only 5 years ago! But it was probably the same emotions you're going through.

LanceWindu
Neither have I. But the emotions you should be feeling are excitedness and nervousness at the same time. Maybe even be scared a little bit.

Julie
I'm not scared yet, but I'm sure I will be in just a few short months........I believe I have to graduate High School first wink

Ushgarak
Nice one Julie...

yerssot
good job

JediOasis
I'm in college now at the University of Kentucky. Its a lot of fun, sometimes too much. I'm in my 2nd year and the best advice I can give is GO TO CLASS! I had an attendence problem last year and my grades suffered, I was lucky to be able to come back smile But now its all good, just make sure to show up occasionally to see what your supposed to be learning.

Julie
Thanks for the advice, Jedioasis. I doubt I'll have a prob with attendance though. I must maintain a 3.0 to get the merit scholarship they offered me smile
Besides in my entire high school career, I've never missed a day of school wink

Kiwi Leia
Im starting my second year of three at the college of education training to be a primary school teacher. I think the second year is worse, cause its not exciting anymore and there is just still so much work still to be done. At least in third year you can see the end comming!!! rolling on floor laughing

Julie
I'll be inschool at least 4 yrs...prob more
*sigh*

Texas
Congratulations on your acceptance to college! I am currently a week old college drop-out. But will be attending again in August. So wha'ts your major?
It's OK to be nervous, but you will soon discover that college students are more mature then you ever imagend and the whole 'popular' 'not popular' bullshit you've experience up to this point in your educational career does not exist. It's really great! Just choose a major you like, cause if you dont, times will be hard!

Julie
Thanks...it's good to know that your going back to college in Aug
My major is Biology.
Hmmm I have my doubts about the maturity thing smile

Texas
I have a friend who is a Biology major! You must be smart cause that is a hard major!

You'll see about the maturity thing! It's nothing like they show on TV.

keokiswahine
Julie, you'll be fine. Just study hard, and have a great time in college. Real life will catch you sooner or later. Enjoy this time of your life. It's the best time. Upon graduation from college, real life will grab you, so let's put that off as long as you can. cool smokin' rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
Jules, you're going to have a blast at college.

Julie
Tex, I tend to avoid all those "college life" shows on tv.....about all I do watch is the occasional the Simpsons, Dark Angel, 24, and the X-files wink

Keo, I take it you've experienced this before. Thanks for the advice....I do plan to study hard. To tell the truth, I'm not much of a partier...my idea of a good time is hours curled up on a couch w/ Star Wars NJO or watching a Star Wars movie big grin ....make no mistakes....I do enjoy my easy life wink

ToMacco, I sure hope you're right smile

LadyEowyn
well not to scare you, but my sisters first day at college was a disaster, she got all lost becasue the campus is so big and all the teachers got mad cause she was late. she came home crying. but my brother had a good first college day. i dont know yet.

but congrats on yur acceptance! smile

Edna Witch
Well I am in my first year of college this year. UNiversity of London. I was petrified when i first started but it really wasn't that bad. Just remember everyone is in the same boat as you and everyone is just so friendly.. You'll make loads of friends really quickly!

I remember when I got my acceptance. I ran through the house screaming at midnight when i read it on the ucas website. mum though the house was on fire!

finti
college??? huh education? Who needs it guess I was born damn smart wink big grin

Gundark
Congrats, Julie !!!

Good job !!!

You'll do just fine. To keo you must listen. cool

finti
hear hear big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.