The greatest ever comic writer is...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Victor Von Doom
Alan Moore.

Discuss.

ScarletSpider
There are tons of great writers out there. One of my favorites is Christopher Priest, he did the last Black Panther series, Deadpool for awhile, the Crew, and is currently on Captain America and the Falcon (with a new artist, who is great).

Along with general super heroics, he throws in a lot of political intruige and makes it very real life. His take on Black Panther returned the character to glory. He's a soverign king in charge of one of the most advanced nations in the world, he returned him to his roots and made Panther a manipulative planner, he knew every move he and his opponents would make, and generally kicked ass. Panther ruined the world's economy to hedge a bluff and win a fight. Suck it Batman. Not to say anything bad about Batman, I really like him, but I've never seen him plan out and do anything that wild.

Scott Lobdell is another of my favorites, he's done a bunch of stuff, and is currently on Alpha Flight. The current arc kind of dragged on a bit, but it's been an enjoyable read, and quite funny and it's using the roots of a former character to make quite a story.

who?-kid
Yep, Alan Moore is fantastic ! And Frank Miller ! And John Byrne ! And... well, too much to make a list.

VENOMfan
David Micheline is one of my fav's

Victor Von Doom
I think Miller is overrated.

Grant Morrison is wicked.

Jargon343
Frank Miller is one of my faves. The guy who wrote Sandman was great too...Nick Gaiman I think his name is.

Arachnoidfreak
Neil Gaiman. And yea, he rocks. Alan Moore is my favorite though.

Manowar
Stan Lee wink , back in the 60's!!! hes the original!

ScarletSpider
I like a bunch of Warren Ellis' stuff.

I agree with Manowar, Lee along with Kirby. The stories may seem silly from our perspectives, but they were full of ideas, and created so many characters that we still enjoy. They got the ball rolling.

SnakeEyes
I like Jeph Loeb and Brian Michael Bendis

ANd of course good ole Stan Lee!

Alpha Centauri
Neil Gaiman's Sandman is awesome.

I don't think you can top Watchmen.

Grant Morrison I like alot.

Jim Starlin, always a favorite.

-AC

Darth Jello
moore, miller, and bendis are great, I also really like
anne Nocenti (very different, politically charged writer, created Typhoid Mary, Bullet, Bushwacker, and Ammo), and Kevin Smith.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Bendis he is doing a great job on the ultimates.

Arachnoidfreak
Kevin Smith IS really good, but the mother****er never finishes anything!!!

Alpha Centauri
I heard he was working on a new Daredevil but again...never finished it.

-AC

tkitna
Peter David was my favorite. His Hulk run was the best. Made Aquaman even seem interesting.

Gregory
Neil Gaiman (Sandman), Mike Carey (Lucifer), and Bill Willingham (Fables) are all great. It's hard to choose a favorite, there are so many good ones.

Alpha Centauri
Neil Gaiman has an X Factor I think.

Always something in his comics I can't pinpoint.

-AC

ragesRemorse
Mcfarlene and stan the man lee

Alpha Centauri
Todd McFarlene is very very good. Good pick.

-AC

who?-kid
The incredible "Marvels" was also a very good story, written by Kurt Busiek.

punkyhermy
Frank Miller for Batman year one.

who?-kid
Yeah, that was a great comic !

Joker1237
Steve Englehart
Yes I know my obesson the guy who wrote the Laughing Fish. Just had to say it. Sorry my all time Joker story. Ok Shoot me for it.

Jason Wyngarde
yeah stan lee is great he created many classic heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.