DareDevil vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vu_Quang
both of these guys would stand up to ANYBODY that was doing harm to individuals. Cap stood up to THANOS. and DD even stood up against SS.

both lost...but anyways who'd win between the two?

ScarletSpider
They did this once, and Cap won, although, it was awhile ago, and both characters have been further developed, so it could go to either.

DD has the advantage because of his senses, so Cap can't really use his shield offensively, because DD can sense it coming and DD is quite the fighter. But Cap is engineered military tech. he's the perfect soldier, masterd at least a few fighting styles and because of the super soldier serum, he almost doesn't tire.

I would give it to Cap, better defense with the shield, and greater endurance.

Victor Von Doom
People seem to misunderstand Daredevil's power. He can't 'sense' it coming anymore than a person that can see it coming.

I'd go with Capt America anyway. He never seems to lose, so I'd back him against all but the real heavy hitters.

ScarletSpider
I meant that with his radar sense, he'd be more apt to dodge Cap's shield coming from behind him, than someone like the Stupendous Hydra.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah, that's true.

I can't see him bringing down the Cpt though.

Manowar
Rogers beats Murdock

manjaro
from a Martial Arts point of view its obviously DD but Cap is from the old school, and willing to do anything to win. I find it extremely annoying that he never seems to lose but as ususal I'm sure he'll find a way. He would propably want to use his heightened senses against him, like the punisher did when he threw a sonic grenade at him and almost shattered his eardrums

SnakeEyes
Cap will take this one.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Cap all the way simply because like yall said he is the perfect human pretty much and he has mastered everyform of combat while daredevil i think has only mastered one i think a good match would be a fist fight between wolverine and captain america and wolverine cant use his claws.

Darth Jello
i'll go with DD cause cap was fairly evenly matched with batman (see other vs. thread)

Never
More apt? Daredevil has dodged BULLETS at close range while his radar was on the fritz.

He easily dodges Cap's shield. Cap IS supposed to be Earth's best combatant, but Daredevil IS one of the best combination martial artists/boxers...and he is agile as HELL.

Shooo...not a battle I would want to wage money on...

ragesRemorse
Daredevil takes it. Yeah captain America goes to almost any lengths to win, but DD is the Man without fear. Daredevil is a far better fighter, more agile, and i think with his staff and senses cancel out captain's sheild. However the Captain has always been out vantaged, and overwhled with the odds, and does what ever it takes to win, with this aspect and his super soldier serum it is a close fight, but i dont think daredevil would be to quick in the end

Alpha Centauri
Going for Daredevil this time purely coz he owns and Captain America should change his name to Captain Not-Very-Good-At-All.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
I never really liked either of these two, but I just picked up Daredevil: Father, and so far so good. I'm picking DD over Capt. just because C.A. pisses me off. alot, and I'd just want to see someone wail on his stupid ass.

Alpha Centauri
Awesome. I never liked Captain America.

-AC

norrin radd

blackwidowlover
I say capt would win

SUPERMANDAMAN
capt all the way he has a strength advantage speed advantage and not to mention he is a wolrds better fighter and that shield is something serious

Alpha Centauri
His shield isn't all that and neither is he I don't think. Daredevil takes this.

-AC

Darth Jello
the only people who are better fighters than DD are the Chaste. These days, the only villians that Daredevil has trouble wiith are those with a buttload of superhuman powers, especially if they all gang up on him at once. Cap's only advantages are his strength and endurance.

SUPERMANDAMAN
y would daredevil take this when cap is one of the best fighters in marvel and not to mention he is the perfect human and soilder and a vibromantium shield is awsome not only does it absord imact but it also is nearly unbreakable.

Darth Jello
Because he's the superior fighter and has beaten people much more powerful than captain america.

Alpha Centauri
Because Daredevil is also one of the best fighters. He also doesn't suck.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
How is he a supperior fighter when cap has master ever form of combat and dare devil has only mastered one.

Arachnoidfreak
That's not just one. DD would kick Capt. America in the gonads and laugh. Why? How? cuz Cap sucks.

Alpha Centauri
Daredevil is the man. Cool character.

-AC

Darth Jello
Captain America wasn't trained by the greatest martial artist in the marvel universe, DD was and is considered a charter member of the chaste. this puts his fighting skills on a completely different level than cap's

wuTa
i say DD..who throws a sheild, honestly?

SUPERMANDAMAN
capt america actually managed to was holdin off the hulk for a lil while id likt to see dd do that.

Darth Jello
he did during the miller run, before that he held of namor.

SUPERMANDAMAN
marvel encyclopedia
1-7
captain america

intelligence -3
strength-3
speed-2
durability-3
energy projection-1
fighting skills-7

dare devil

intelligence-3
strength-2
speed-2
durability-2
energy projection-1
fighting skills-5

hmmm lets see capt is beating him in durability fighting skills and strength and not to mention due to the super soilder serum it takes a really really long time for him to tire so cap is pretty much all around better but i mean sure daredevil can beat him
laughing

manjaro
cap sucks dude he's coming from that old school calling black ppl colored days man! I'll gladly stand corrected if Im wrong but to my knowleedge cap doesnt have a command of ALL h2h teq-neeks. I've read a few avengers, and thor comics and a few team ups and so on and the most Ive seen him do is brawl. and he might manage to squeeze in a few gymnastic moves here and there but that's it

SUPERMANDAMAN
maybe but it wasnt ultimate hulk and did daredevil actually manage to knock him out for a lil bit?????

SUPERMANDAMAN
well lets see its on marvel.com and its in the marvel encyclopedia both written and approved by the people at marvel so sure they dont know what they are talkin about they only make the comics.

Darth Jello
actually, DD got pretty messed up both times but any other normal human would have been killer. I assume cap used brute strength.

manjaro
sarcasm noted but quickly forgotting but I said ALL h2h techniques I havent seen that stated anywhere.

SUPERMANDAMAN
o yes he used brute strength over the hulk who can lift a mountain????? are u seriouse no he used his fighting abilities and managed to knock him out even if it was only for a lil while.

SUPERMANDAMAN
7 is all forms of h2h combat why are u trying to argue this.

Darth Jello
you're treating cap like he's superman. I'd like to see him try fighting the hand or Typhoid Mary.

manjaro
hte reason I hate cap is b-cuz of his unyeilding self righteousness. and on top of all that after he gives someone a strong lectur in morals and eethics he turns around and kicks their ass anyway. man I hate it when he does that. for once I would like to see somebody smash his stupid red white and blue, sqaured chin, wears a letter "A" on his forehead face.

SUPERMANDAMAN
What the hell are u talkin about im not treating him like he is superman all im stating is that he is a better fighter than dd so i pointed out that he managed to knock out hulk for a lil while to prove it but that wasnt enough so i had to point out his stats so in what way and i acting like he is superman because he can beat dare devil a less experienced fighter who isnt as strong or durable?

manjaro
no no no dont get it wrong I'm not arguing. to me 7 means 7 as in a really really good fighter, not all forms of martial arts thats all im saying.

for example im sure in the Marvel encyclopedia dudes like hulk collossus and juggy are higher than 7. and they are not what I call Martial artists

SUPERMANDAMAN
alright this is how it goes
1 poor
2 normal
3 some training
4 experienced fighter
5 master of a single form of combat
6 master of several forms of combat
7 master of all forms of combat

and hulk has a 4 juggy has a 3 and collosus is dead so he isnt even listed in it because it pretty recent.

Darth Jello
the unly edge Cap has over DD is greater mental stability.

manjaro
well................that pretty much takes the wind out my sail.

ok nevermind then embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

manjaro
just out of sheer principle I still going w/DD though

SUPERMANDAMAN
so ur saying that daredevil is stronger more durable and and a better fighter when he is a normal human and captain america is superhuman and he i just proved to u that capt has him beat statistically in everyway cept for intelligence and speed which they are tied in???

SUPERMANDAMAN
I mean i never really like cap till i started reading ultimates

Shadow_King
captin america

Darth Jello
i never said he was more durable, the comics have proven those marvel statistics wrong. read DD sometime. be impressed.

Darth Jello
and for the record, i'm referring to the main 616 daredevil, not the inexperienced ultimate one.

SUPERMANDAMAN
name a comic that proved it wrong ?

SUPERMANDAMAN
neither am is there even an ultimate dare devil yet?

SUPERMANDAMAN
and i believe that u said he has every edge over cap and i named 3 that cap has over dare devil

Darth Jello
cap is stronger and more durable, DD has better senses, is more agile, and fights on a higher level using an array of fighting skills taught to him by stick-the greatest martial artist and avata of emperor yamato. In the past DD, despite having no super powers has managed to beat Deadpool, Iron Fist, Mr. Hyde, The Kingpin, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary The Hand, Echo, Sabretooth, Crossbones; and hold back Hulk, Namor, and.....MEPHISTO!!!!!!
the only time he has ever really needed cap's help was against Nuke.

SUPERMANDAMAN
How are u still argueing this i just proved to that captain america is a better fighter if marvel the people who created the characters say he is a better fighter why are u argueing and like i said dd might of held back hulk but cap managed to knock him out

Darth Jello
and as I stated, those marvel handbooks are not always accurate since character bios are not written by the actual writers of the book.

SUPERMANDAMAN
No but they are approved by the people at marvel and its not like they are like hey im going to give captain america a 7 in strength just because i like him no they go by comics and what they have done in them and everyone knows that capt is stronger and more durable he is a super soilder and he is the perfect soilder so thats why he knows ever form of combat and like i said he knocked out the hulk.

Darth Jello
and DD is the man without fear. period. they should read their own material closer.

ragesRemorse
hey man, if you have been a comic reader your whole life then you have just as much credibility into a characters abilities than the writers. If you use marvel encyclopedia's then i believe your statements are void. Use comics, not a compilation that tries to state a heroe's statistics. superhero's are always out matched, overwhelmed and out classed,and always manage to win. try telling spiderman not to even attempt to fight venom because venom is far stronger and lethal. that is why there super. Besides, comics cannot always be credible on a superheros abilities, alot of times they are embelished to give suspense or sell comics. wolverine ripped apart silver surfers armor, Wolverine's claws cannot effect silver samuri's armor. so your going to tell me that silver samuri's armor is stronger than silver surfers.

DD is a better fighter, and more agile. captain has more endurance and is stronger. The match can go either way. It is just who you favor.

another thing i can gaurentee you that the writers do not consult the marvel or DC encyclopedia when writing comics. they know the characters abilities, weaknesses, and give you a story based on that, because that is all that is needed

Darth Jello
ok, well than i'll say as a comics reader, lately DD has been completely nuts, he's beaten people he never stood a chance against to within an inch of their lives, with more brutality than he has ever displayed before. Things would not look good for stevie.

SUPERMANDAMAN
alright well captain america knocked out hulk who completly outmatches him so im pretty sure he has what it takes to take on daredevil who pretty much could only distract him and still got tore up.

SUPERMANDAMAN
and i was using the stats to state the obviouse that cap is a better fighter more durable and stronger i mean what do u want me to do go back and look at every capt america comic and point out in this issue he says that he has master all forms of combat no.

ragesRemorse
no not every form. Dare devil learned an ancient way of fighting that only a hand full of people know that even exist. an art that is considered to be the most deadly form of martial arts, He has also masterd many other oriental forms of fighting. The only facotr of captain america that dare devil has to overcome is his spuer strength. DD is veteran of this.

SUPERMANDAMAN
and his durabiliy and he has mastered more forms oh h2h combat.

SUPERMANDAMAN
the3 only thing daredevil has over his is maybe his agility

Captain America
Sorry to ask but who is SS

wolverine 101
i think cap would win using his wicked fighting skills

wolverine 101
SS is silver surfer

Daredevil75
I dont really know dd would have the advantage in the way that he'd see caps hits coming but cap would have the advantage in the way that hes at the peak of human power.

DarkCrawler
In ULTIMATE universe. We are talking about 616 in here, if you haven't noticed.

Anyone who claims that Captain America is better combatant than Daredevil, is full of crap. I would like Cap to beat Sabretooth with one strike. Daredevil is trained by Stick, who is perhaps the best martial artist in the world. Way better then Cap, seriously. Captain America mastering every form of Martial art...crap, crap, CRAP.

See? an number. Not ALL.

So what if he says that? If Daredevil says that, would you believe it?

No, it isn't the people that created the characters writing the bios. Seriously, the site ranks Elektra and Iron Fist as 6. And I think we ALL know that Elektra and Iron FIst are WAY better fighter than Captain America.

Daredevils is faster, more agile, AND better fighter that Cap. And so what if Cap would be better fighter than DD? And stronger and more durable than him? It is not always the power that makes someone winner. It could be brains. And Daredevil is smarter than Cap.

Daredevil wins.

Surfer 52
Cap a would win

Captain America
Ah yes how stupid of me, how did that one go by the way. I know spiderman fought silver surfer at one piont to but he didnt win, they just realized that they were one the same side.

Darth Jello
Darkcrawler, you forgot to mention that Daredevil beat iron fist. anyway, In terms of Daredevil's fighting style, The Chaste uses a combination of martial arts, Ninjitsu being the most prevelant. The Kingpin's commented on DD using moves from boxing and kung fu too. From watching him fight, a lot of DD's kicks and tumbles also resemble Capiera and Muay Thai. In terms of weapons, he's used sticks, nunchukus, bo staffs, various swords, a mace, and even a pistol once or twice.
a short part of DD's beatdown list:
Sabretooth, the owl, kingpin, bullseye, typhoid mary, deadpool, Iron Fist, Stilt-Man, Mr. Fear, Mr. Hyde, Ammo, Bullet, Bushwacker, Boomerang, Shotgun, Lord Darkwind, Silver Sammurai, several Limbo demons, the Hand, Crossbones, Doc Ock, The Riddler, The exterminator/death stalker, Mysterio, Elektro, the purple man, Pyro, and the Blob.
he's also held off Nuke, the Hulk, Namor, and Mephisto.

Arachnoidfreak
The Riddler!? The Batman villain? or Marvel has a Riddler of it's own?

Darth Jello
in DC vs, Marvel, DD is shown kicking the crap out of the riddler.

lft4ded
Haha, I was wondering the same thing too Arachnoidfreak.

I'm going to vote for Captain America. I think Captain America should be able to out-agile DD. Who knows the most fighting styles, IDK. But I think that over the years Captain America has prolly faced opponents who know various fighting styles so he's familiar with many more than he's actually mastered and found that his fighting style provides with plenty of offensive/defensive techniques to handle them all.

I like the Street Fighter point of view that completely mastering one style of fighting, assuming its a good style should allow you to face any other fighter in the world.

Darth Jello
yes, but Cap's never fought the Hand, or the Chaste for that matter. I've never seen him pull off any of the acrobatic blows that daredevil does either.

FrothByte
look, these two already fought before. captain america, vol. 1, no. 375

capt. a beat the crap out of dd. here's a pic of the final punch from cap which knocked out dd. sorry for the unclear pic, i don't have a scanner so i used my video cam.

FrothByte
it really doesn't matter how many styles of fighting styles you know, its how effective you know how to use your fighting style. im going with capt a on this fight, simply because he's a better combatant than dd in my opinion.

FeceMan
EDIT BUTTON! Use the edit button or be banned for post farming! AAAAAAAH!

Darth Jello
that was then, this is now. since the marvel knights run began, DD's been......Damn frightening at times. most sickeningly during guardian devil when he disabled a guy by plunging his hand into his gut and squeezing and twisting the nerve cluster at his solar plexus.

GreatMuta
The good captain seems to have the edge in this fight!

Cosmo Kramer
DD woud win

Capt.JK
Ask me who I think will take this one.

Really, I don't see much of a fight here. Cap outclasses DD in almost every aspect. He's faster, stronger, more experienced in the arena of combat tactics, and his endurance goes way beyond the lasting power of Dare Devil. As for people saying DD is a better fighter, Cap trains every Avenger who joins the team, because he is one of the best. Most of the heroes in Marvel have admitted that Cap is one of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the Marvel Universe. And the shield isn't just some toy he drags along, it is part of the character. He fights with it as an extension of his own body, just like Thor and Mjolnir or Spidey and his web-shooters. So I gotta give this one to Cap easy. Plus, he's done it before. Nothing has changed about their power levels or abilities.

MERCILOUS
Yeah just 'cause a character gets meaner doesn't make him a better fighter. Cap can do a whole lot of stuff he never does, like that story where he kills a guy with a single punch.

Arsenal
Nicely put. I hafta go with Cap.

asana
what will DD do to captain america
i really dont see much of a fight serious
have DD battle batman or something not captian america

Maelstrom
Daredevil has the one of the best powers in Marvel. Everything he does is better than what he is capable of doing. Cap is perfect, Daredevil is better. He defeats Cap and is honorable enough not to humiliate him, as long as Cap goes down fair.shaun bunny raver

Zahit
The good captain wins this one. DD is awesome, but outclassed by
Cap in almost every way. DD can lift somewhere around 400 lbs.
Cap can lift 800 lbs. Not to mentions more experience, speed, etc.
DD is probably more acrobatic than Cap, but that won't win in this fight.
Cap definitely wins. He's done it before.

yugotank
The Captain takes this one but Daredevil gives him one hellava fight. Cap would just outlast him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.