Guns N' Roses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Orlibabe
ANYONE FOR GUNS N' ROSES????????band

HockeyHorror
nope.

Deathblow
Hell nope.

m!$hA
no

Orlibabe
disgustdisgustdisgustdisgustdisgust

Alpha Centauri
Prefer Velvet Revolver myself.

-AC

loserib
i loved guns and roses great band to bad nobody can get along with axle
i also really like velvet revolver slashes guitar work in both bands is great

TheRealistKilla
guns and roses rule

WindDancer
Ugh! I can't stand the sight of Axel Rose. thumb down

Slasher is way better.

SeptemberRain
Im listening to them right now

Darth Revan
GNR are okay, but Velvet Revolver is better because the dude from STP is a much better singer than Axl Rose yes

Axl Rose's voice drives me crazy... and he comes across as an arrogant as$hole...

Evil Dead
Appetite for Destruction is probably the greatest rock 'n' roll debut album of all time...................it was all down hill from there.

Broken_Johnson
Darth Revan, you like the guy from Stone Temple Pilots is better then Axl Rose? Guns N' Roses was way better then Velvet Revolver, in my opinion... whats bad is that people at my school refer to them as the NEW Guns N' Roses... Duff and Slash are the only GNR members in the band so it can't very well be a new GNR... don't know, Velvet Revolver is cool, but GNR is better...

Darth Revan
I dunno, Axl Rose just pisses me off for some reason. I like GNR but like I said, Axl seems like he has a massively inflated ego... The STP guy seems more "real" if you know what I mean. And I like his voice better.

Broken_Johnson
Yea, Axl Rose did have a huge ego, but I still like his singing better then that guy from STP... but hey, we can all have our own opinions right?

Darth Revan
indeed we can smile

Alpha Centauri
"Duff and Slash are the only GNR members in the band "

I think G'N'R drummer is in there also. Forget his name, Matt?

-AC

Broken_Johnson
Ya know what, I think you're right.... I forgot about Matt, he was only in GNR for 4 years to replace steven

Alpha Centauri
I feel sorry for bands who form new bands that are better and people keep saying "Guns N Roses and STP". Those bands are dead so leave em dead.

Rage and Soundgarden are no more but people have a hard time admitting Audioslave are better.

-AC

Darth Revan
Meh... I don't like Audioslave very much.

ragesRemorse
apetite, illusion, and illusion II are some of the greatest rock albums ever. In there prime GnR was everything you expect from rock and roll. I dont know what this shit about velvet revolver is about. They are not a bad band, but they really arent that good. they have great guitar licks, but the vocals and lyrics are just,well pretty god damn bad. How anyone can say velvet revolver is better tha the original GnR is beyond me.

bardock
guns n roses are the best band of all time in my opinion. i am listening to them right now. i like velvet revolver but scott is nothing compared to axl s voice.

Jason Wyngarde
what is your fav song

golden moon
my fav is sweet chil o' miine, knocking on heaven's door and don't you cry

golden moon
sorry it's sweet child o' mine... and the rest

PunisherFan33
g & R all the way

loserib
yes but in his prime axl could barly hit the notes live anyways i know alot of people that saw him live and fro what ive seen of his live perfomances on tv he was really not that good live

bardock
he is great live

Korri
Guns n' Roses were legends!! Velvet Revolver are quite good aswell, which kinda surprises me messed

Tptmanno1
I like em both,
The're my favorite straight up rock band(as opposed to Metal or grunge). But I haven't heard enough of Velvet Revolver to compare

bardock
guns n' roses kicks ass

Arachnoidfreak
Guns N' Roses rock ass, I just bought the Greatest Hits album, and have been listening to it, and the Pirfect Circle album nonstop. Welcome to the Jungle!

Darth Revan
His voice is sometimes very irritating, and he has stupid dance moves... Like this guy> Happy Dance

bardock
this guy is great Happy Dance and this guy can cut a rug dance

Darth Revan
this guy> dance is the shit. This guy> Happy Dance needs to take serious ballet lessons raver stick out tongue

bardock
dance off Happy Dance dance oh someone is getting served

bardock
band walkman

Darth Revan
You can dance, I'll give you that... But can you do it in purple?

danceHappy Dancedance

bardock
i think now its on. oh lord its on Happy Dance Happy Dancedance put that in your pipe and smoke

Darth Revan
CAN YOU HANDLE THE SKILL!?!?!??!?!?

http://idisk.mac.com/mm2270/Public/images/newbanana.gif

Do the Homsar!
http://www.greendayauthority.com/site_images/homsar.gif

stick out tongue

SlipknoT
kickingkickingdancekickingkicking

bardock
notworthycheersraven

Darth Revan
*tips hat* thank you smile

bardock
now lets partywine

SlipknoT
Heres the entertainment>nopity

bardock
dji need to see all the crazy people out on the floor

Darth Revan
http://joris.zeelandnet.nl/images/dj_smilie.gif

bardock
jump jumpin

Darth Revan
combustication blowup

bardock
Happy Dance agian

slasherpunk18
I thought it was really ****ed up when axl tried to bring back GNR and they replaced Slash with that dude named Bucket Head.Simply hilarious.

Darth Revan
And they were all wearing stupid looking white plastic masks and it was on MTV? Yeah, that was pretty stupid...

bardock
axl needs to make amens with the other members.it might destroy velvet revolver but id rather have the original gn'r than them

Darth Revan
GNR was at least partially successful because they all drank so much, and if Slash started drinking and doing heroin again he might die cry

bardock
slash cant die. he has died so many times before like five times.but he came back thanks to the adrenline

Korri
i adore them! Rocket Queen, is an "Interesting" song isnt it? stick out tongue

bardock
anyone heard the song "the garden"

bardock
bump

Bierbommetje
*raises hand* smile

Sorry for late post, didnt come to this section till well, today

Velvet Revolver is also good, the album's a bit too overproduced IMO, as are UYI 1 and 2

AFD has one of the best productions ive ever heard. It sounds so alive.

Fave songs:

GNR:
Welcome to the jungle
Its so easy
Nightrain
Out Ta Get Me
Mr.Brownstone (class)
Paradise City
Sweet Child o' Mine
You're crazy
Right Next Door to Hell
Perfect Crime
back off *****
Double Talkin' Jive (yay, classical solo)
14 years (Best Izzy song, and one of the best chorusses IMO)
Pretty Tied Up
Locomotive
You Could Be Mine

Velvet Revolver

Sucker Train Blues
Fall To Pieces
Set Me Free
Slither (Best riff on the CD, and one of my all time fave riffs, so easy, yet it just grooooooves)

bardock
the new album is slated for november

Bierbommetje
yeah, and I heard the Garden

Weird song

§â®äµ
im not a big guns n roses fan..but i like some of their songs..

Bierbommetje
Like?

Pandemoniac
Oww yeah! Guns n Roses are my all time favs! And for Rocket Queen, most interesting indeed. I even quoted lines from that in a successful love-letter, hehehe.

As for you Korri, woow does your profile kick ass! Laughed my butt of and it took a train to J. Lo's for better compagny, so I'm typing this standing.

Iron Maiden kick some serious ass as well, at least they are still alive...

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

Korri
Thanks i aim to please raver

It's_Alright
Together they rock! But apart... no... it's not the same anymore ;(

mmmmoley
Guns n Roses r legends in my book - I love em!!!

It's_Alright
Originally posted by bardock
guns n roses are the best band of all time in my opinion. i am listening to them right now. i like velvet revolver but scott is nothing compared to axl s voice.
OMG! I love you! big grin I think just the same! Axl is just the one and only! big grin

It's_Alright
My favourite songs are: Don't cry, November rain, Sweet child o' mine, Dust in the wind, It's alright, Welcome to the jungle, Estranged, Yesterday, 14years, should I stop? I love all songs that they ever played... love

Blue Dragon
I love some of their songs but some sounds nothing like their other songs... blink

November Rain (my favourite) & Paradise City, whoo, among others!

alic88
Although i have not listened to Guns n Roses that much, i think i can safely say that they were one of the best rock bands since Led Zepplin. Its unfortunate that Axl had such an ego, some of my favorites.

Sweet Child o mine
November Rain( the solo has to be ranked as one of the best ever)
You could be mine

The True Fear
IMO pretty much all guns stuff except the spagetthi incident is good stuff

LiveAndLetDie
GN'R is my favorite band. Not the most talented, no, I`ll give that to Zeppelin, but one of the most oirginal. You can`t classify Guns into any one catagory of rock. And don`t even start that, "they are a hair metal band" shit. If you have heard their less obvious songs (obvious: Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O Mine, Paradise City, November Rain. Not obvious: So Fine, Locomotive, Get In The Ring, Don`t Damn Me) then you would know that. Hair metal bands talked about partying, girls, drugs, and booze. GN'R talks about that and so much more
With that said, I love Guns N' Roses
They`re songs can be beautiful to outright raunchy. The only song that I`ve came across that I hate truely hate by them is My World. It`s stupid and Axl sounds like an idiot in it.
I`m not looking foward to Chinese Democracy. Axl sounds like a dying cat nowadays and I`m not going to waste my money to hear him sing like that

Aj333
ok I'm not the biggest GN'R fan but i gotta say some of their stuff is pretty decent! Welcoe to the Jungle is so catchy i had it stuck in my head for like a week after i heard it!

The True Fear
you should listen to more

StinkFist462
never really got into the whore Hair Metal era of music. and GnR isnt that great to me.

The True Fear
it isnt hair metal

cool_dudes_rule
i only like 90's stuff not the 80's that sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.