Who actually liked 'Hulk'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Not I! It was a waste of my life. If only I didn't step into the theater... oh well, at least I didn't pay any money for it. (saw it on a cruise ship)

Asian Hulk
just enter this http://www.gammabase.com

Agent Elrond
never seen it. should I?

hey, my first post here. *wonders y I am here*

JKozzy
AH, was that supposed to change my mind? It didn't messed

AE, no you shouldn't.

JKozzy
After four months, I still have not wavered on my decision that Hulk was a waste of the general populous of the world's lives.

Sith Master X
It sucked. Worst Marvel Comic book movie ever.

TheFilmProphet
I strongly disagree.

jumping
the movie the hulk was very bad the series was awesome

TheFilmProphet
Yeah the series was pretty good and classic. cool

kanis
alien It was pretty good the story was okay but it wasn't brilliant the thing that annoyed me the most was the comic book style of filming and that there was no chemistry between Eric Bana and Jennifier Connoly. The actual hulk itself was quite impressive how it jumped and moved and destroyed.

TheFilmProphet
Thats because Jennifer Connely put absolutely NO effort into the role and plus she wasn't right for the role anyways even with effort.

KillTheLight
I have to agree with you filmProphet Jennifer connelly's acting was weak. Even though the movie wasn't that great anyway it still would have been improved if they had cast someone else instead of her.

Anyway the movie wasn't as bad as some people make out it to be, plus it had Eric Bana in it so it was more watchable for me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/ericdrink.jpg

TheFilmProphet
Thanks, and yes I completely agree at least a different actress would have made the film a little better than it was.

Eric Bana saved it for me, the only decent person involved in the production too.

)-(&C]{£R
I actually thought the movie was fantastic at the time. But when you look back on it now.... well thats a different story.

Beyond Image
when i seen the teaser trailer about one year before its release date i was happy to see the movie version of the HULK. i remember sitting there and wondering how they would present a giant green man with a temper problem.

months went by and one day in March i m walking down the aisle in a Toys are us, looking at X-box games...where i spot a row of HULK action figures. i m amazed to see the early images of the HULK, not bad.

now i start spotting trailers of the HULK, they looked believable and understanding that CGI was the only way to create that green demon. so i give it a chance.

at the theater i sit with my gal and we watch...and you know what? it was slow and boring, i wish there were more havoc scenes and a formidable foe to throw down with...or even more tanks and more smashing.

basically i was tricked N2 believing Hollywood was the greatest magicians in the world.

TheFilmProphet
The reason there wasn't more of those things in the Hulk film was because they used CGI so the budget was limited to what they put on screen. Had they used animatronics and puppetry then they would have had MORE than enough money to do all of the things you mentioned above.

NoFate007
I thought that it was worse than Daredevil....now that's saying something, lol.

Jeff-Man
this was a horrible movie. it was stupid how hulks dad was the bad guy and he never was in the comics(i dont think) the movie should have ended by the swat team shooting the hulk in the city.

TheFilmProphet
You have it backwards wink

Bardock42
The movie sucked, god, Eric Bana wasn't good in it how can you say that. The Hulk from the series looked better than this animated one too, I really hatedd that movie, don'T they want to make a sequel?

TheFilmProphet
* I don't have to say that, its a fact. wink

* The sequel would be better, so why the complaining?

lightaxe
Yea this movie did suck alot, it just seemed way to drawn out like when Hulk and teh absorbing man fought i didnt see a point in it at all. ONly cool part was when teh Hulk was fighting all those military tanks and stuff.

FeLiZ_MaRcIaNo
i have a problem with the "hulk" movie game, everytime i want to install it, only appears the REMOVE or UNINSTALL option, please dont tell me to call tech support, where i live there it is too expensive to call tech support, i really want to play the game again so i would appreciatte any help!!!!!

FeLiZ_MaRcIaNo
the only reason why you didn't liked the hulk its because it didnt had "enough action". You are the kind of people that make the comic books look "cheesy and childish" when its absolutely something different for comics like Spiderman, Hulk, Punisher, X-men, etc. etc.

The script was great, every character expressed truly what they feel about the hulk, Ross didnt hated the hulk for no reason, he saw it as a true danger for the things that he loves, like his daughter and country. Banner said clearly that he liked to become the hulk, because he could unleash his anger to those he hates, Betty loved him deeply but could not stand the fact that he was the hulk.

The acting was awesome, Nick Nolte's acting here showed what was TRUE ACTING, unlike Keanu Reeves horrible representation of Neo. At first i had thought that Eric Bana was the worst choice for Banner, i didnt saw him as Banner first, but later, even when he didnt had any ressemblance to Banner, he showed the true feelings of Banner, his true emotions, eventually becoming simply Bruce Banner!!!!!!

You and all the people that say this movie was bad because it was "boring" are simply inmature kids, there is no further explanation for that.

FeLiZ_MaRcIaNo
it was not absorbing man, it was his father, the only reason why they made it look like absorbing man its because brian banner wanted hulk's powers.

you can use your brain a little man messed

TheFilmProphet
I only have two words to say, "Wicked Burn!" laughing out loud

Nathaniel Grey
Why is it they didn't stick with the ORIGINAL story? I'm sick of there not being a f*cking GAMMA BOMB! It's like Marvel has no BALLS at all and their being run by a bunch of p*ssies who're worried people wouldn't appreciate the origins as it STOOD. It was one of the worst Marvel movies but certainly not as bad as Daredevil. As a matter of fact -- most of the Marvel movies have been absolutely lacking. With the exception of the first Blade movie. Their redesigning of Blade was decent.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, it improved the character in many ways.

pr1983
i'm probably gonna get flamed, but anyway...

i liked the movie. the performances i liked (apart from betty's which could have been better), but i think bana played banner very well.

the direction was ok, i didn't really like the panel thing, but other than that it was fine.

the cg was awful imo, i was so disappointed.

the constant exclaims by soldiers that they were ok was a little silly imo.

the script was good, i really liked it.

7/10

Mr Parker
The tv show was much better.Bill Bixby did a MUCH better job of making you care about the character than bana did. jennifer connolly,the scenes with connolly in it, are the best scenes and the only thing good about that film that makes it worth sitting through.

TheFilmProphet
* The TV show was great and so was Bixby.

* Bana is an excellent actor, but he was the victim of an average script, he did what he could with it.

* The scenes wtih Connolly were awful acting wise, I expected so much more from her as an actress, but I guess she just didn't care to put in any effort.

pr1983
personally bill bixby will always be banner imo, i loved the old tv show and movies, they were great.

connelly was abysmal imo, she was the weak link. i thought the script was ok, but could have been a lot better.

JKozzy
No, it just sucked. The CG was not up to par, the script was bad, the acting was bad, and it was too long for its own good. I guess I'm just an "immature kid" in your eyes, but I hardly see any point in trying to salvage what garbage there is...

Red Superfly
Eric Bana was brilliant in the movie I must admit. I loved him in Chopper too, he was also the only thing worth watching in Troy.

The Hulk was excellent in places. The bits where he was being chased by the tanks and the helicopters was really good to watch. All the bits that were Hulk-like were brilliant.

However, they redsigned a lot of stuff and made it contrived, silliness.

What was so wrong with the gamma-bomb? What? Seriously - that was a chance for us to see a brilliant set piece. That bomb would have easily been in the trailers. The Hulk should have an origin that matches his character - explosive and chaotic.

What was up with the inventing-shit-up factor? There's a plethora of Hulk villains - yet they had to make one up? WTF? Not only that, but change Bruce's history and the Hulk origin in general? WTF? He was Hulk from birth now and the radiation unleashed it? No that's BS.

Hulk was supposed to be a normal guy who has his inner demons THAT WE ALL HAVE manifested physically. It was way of having the character relatable and human. If Bruce Banner was a genetically engineered mutant who was nothing more than a freak - how can anyone relate to that? Bruce Banner is supposed to be a human not a mutant.

FeLiZ_MaRcIaNo
this is what i am talking about, you are not giving explanations to why "hulk" is bad, you are not saying why the acting is bad, why the script is bad, actually NOBODY is saying reasons, all they say is "The acting was weak" now i would like to ask what the hell do you know about acting to say something like that!!!!

All of you people, admit it, say that you wanted to see a "mediocre action movie about killing and explotions for 90 minutes", well guess what, someone saw something better in the story and decided to develope it more, and actually put more enthusiasm and magic in it.

FeLiZ_MaRcIaNo
here's another brainless dickhead ladies and gentlemen.

bruce had mutant genes, IT IS TRUE IN THE COMICBOOK, and when they say that the hulk always lived in him, they are saying that he was always an angry person, filled with deeper rage, the experiment only "mutated his rage", making it physical, and a danger to people.

Red Superfly
Yes, he had mutant genes, I never disputed that, but it was Banners experiments with radiation that led him to think he had affected his son, and that's why he thought he should die.

I know Bruce had mutant genes, but he wasn't genetically alterred by gene experiments, it was through radiation. That was what I meant. I can live with the minor changes here and there. And Dave Banner does not become the Absorbing Man. That's what I meant, but maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I did enjoy the movie, and to be honest those little things are nitpicky considerring that the main problem with the movie was the jarring slow paced non-action scenes.

FeLiZ_MaRcIaNo
hey man, sorry if i was little rude with the dickhead thing. but what i a m trying to say is that people cant expect going to see a movie just to see what they want to see, Ang Lee's vision was much better when he portrayed the hulk, imagine this in the direction of John Mctiernan or Paul W.S. Anderson, then the movie would have SUCKED!!!!!!, but people would have liked it just because it had action, and that is absolutely ridiculous and stupid!!!!!!!

theflyxx
The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be based on what i heard and read. Yeah, some parts were a tad slow and boring, but the action sequences and overall CGI pleasantly exceeded my expectations. I just wish there were more of the action sequences.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.