Orcs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LegolasLover411
Hey. I know some pople like Diffrent characters in LOTR. But does anyone really like orcs. Like when I think about aragorn, I think of people on KMC. Legolas? KMC. Bromir? KMC. All diffrent likes. But does anyone, ANYONE like ORCS?!?!?!?!!?!?

Discos
erm, not really, infact I actually hated the rants! I sort of liked the way Gothmog spoke as I can also speak like that but then get a dry throat and waste precious money on liquids.....

Bloom4ever
laughing out loud an orc appreciation thread

Smodden
yes a thread for the lil devils....
moria orcs are the best

shadowy_blue
I actually like them, really. smile Not just because they once were Elves, but I don't know, as some of you know, I have a thing for bad guys. big grin They may also like what they were doing, being savage and killing people, but a part of me feel sympathy for them. smile Especially when I have read in The Silmarillion that they also loathed their Master (Melkor) for everything he did to them. sad I don't love the Orcs that much, but I can say that I don't hate them at all either. smile

Sounds kinda weird, but..yeah. big grin

Kitoky
I like them because they're deformed, and they fight for sauron and everyone, so.

LegolasLover411
uh huh.......... confused blink blink right.....................at least someone else thinks they are made by former Elves!

Kitoky
Well technically the original orcs were former elves, except they were Dark Elves and followed Melkor and he turned them into orcs and they made that whole reproductive system thing and yeah....Actually most of the original orcs died in the Last Alliance...

LegolasLover411
Oh well. They need to be as pretty as Legolas. Then I would stick up for them.

shadowy_blue
Well, that's impossible for we all know that Orcs are deformed and demented. Not all Orcs were originally Elves, like Kit said, just the original ones. The ones who multiplied, and multiplied. The Orcs right now that you'll see in the Third Age are already Orcs since "birth". And, they were not "made by" Elves..LOL..stick out tongue..they "were" Elves. big grin

LegolasLover411
I mean when the sauron says "whom do you serve." He says something about them being elves then too.....And his ears............

Kitoky
Saruman says that, "Do you know when orcs first came to being? They were elves once..."

LegolasLover411
Oh yea!!!! Thank you Kit!!!! You rock..........Uh tig party I have a question.........

shadowy_blue
Well, it was like this.

"Do you know how the Orcs first came into being? They were Elves once. Tortured, and mutilated. A ruined and terrible form of life."

That's what he was talking about. So yeah, they were Elves once, the original Orcs, the Orcs from the First Age, and maybe even up to the Second and Third Age, but those other millions of Orcs that we saw in the movie are just the second or third or fourth generation of the Orcs so they never were once Elves. They are already Orcs since birth.

shadowy_blue
Kinda late. stick out tongue

LegolasLover411
Yup.............

ATM4eternity
i dont think gothmog gets enoguh credit, moving thorugh all the ranks of orc with no depth perseption (im just gonna kinda assume he cant see outta that eye where his face gets all bubbly)

shadowy_blue
In the book, it was never stated if Gothmog is an Orc, or a Man, or a Nazgul, but in the movie, I'll just assume that he's the Orc that you're talking about. big grin

Well, in fairness, he does deserve to earn some credits, being a Lieutenant of Minas Morgul is not a simple job. It's not very easy to gain either. big grin He must be very strong and persistent and a good strategist with a sense of leadership. big grin But I think some people who saw the movie don't appreciate him that much because other than he's ugly (compared with the Orcs), he's too arrogant. And not the kind of arrogance that you will actually fall for (I actually always fall in love with the bad guys because of their arrogance, but not with this one). His arrogance is of another type. It's not the "Melkor arrogance", or the "Sauron arrogance", or "Murazor arrogance", or "whatever-is-the-name-of-that-Haradrim-commander-that-I-love-so-much arrogance", but it's just plain "aggravating, annoying, arrogant arrogance." big grin (If you see what I mean). big grin

Exa
No, orcs are the only evil ones I dont really like in general, the rest is cool, but at least after the movie I dont like them. There are some nice ones though... like one from Minas Morgul (has a kinda funny face and cool eyes), one or two in Moria with catty eyes (Moria snaga orcs are the best... Far better than stupid Urukhai and halforcs) and one of the band that captures Merry and Pippin (the one with the horrible voice)

Discos
was it not of te dark servents or shadow spirits of Melkor who captured elves who travelled to the outer lands themselves or travelled in few.... then they were turned into Orcs

Yes Shadowy, they did infact hate their master Melkor, he was the reason their dark hearts did this because they became such ugly evil creatures of evil!

SlipknoT
orcs are ok I like trolls more

Maikahyandowen
orcs in general? their intelligence and looks are severly lacking, but the Uruk Hai are pretty cool. especially Ugluk

eezy45
yeah big grin i like uruk hais too evil face

Discos
some guy mentioned to me that Lurzt looked like the wrestler Triple H

Duiscos - and yes he got a slap

conway
haha only read this page and the first 3 posts..and i think gothmog was best..great character, was he an orc? i can do his *the age of men is failing, the time of the orc has come* hey..i guess that means hes an orc yes? lol stupid me..well anyway im gd at that..so gd that everyone gets annoyed hehe lol, i guess it was the face, i thought it was very well done,his right eye,..very nice,and the way they are marching on pelennor fields and send Faramir back to the gates of Minis tirith, then it goes to him on his Warg looking nice and proud..hehe i love that part..oh well ive probably said enough cr** so ill just post it..lol

Exa
lol yah the scene with the Warg was cool... or when he spit on the stone the Gondorians had shot before him stick out tongue

yes, he was an orc, at least in the film. Not sure what Gothmog was in the book, Tolkien never explains it, probably an orc, too, but could also be a man or a nazgul there.

Discos
yeah Gothmog did seem an unusual character, when we first see his hand on the boats heading into Osgiliath and it seemed they were building up his character as a high sort of character.......in the sense of not showing his face immediatly

Discos
if I was an orc under his command I would had griefed him a bit as he told his troops to stay whilst the stones were baraging them...and then he moves

Discos - nyah!

Exa
I think Gothmog was a great character (though I didnt like him too much), especially in the river-scene he's cool... I also liked that PJ finally showed a hint that black isnt the usual skin colour of orcs... everybody seems to think so, but Im quite sure that thats wrong... As far as I remember, there are only one or two orcs (uruks I think they were) who are described as having dark skin.

MorgulLord
best thing about Orcs: Language and Chants!

Discos
hehe, speaking in reference of chants, I found it awesome that the dark armies marching to Minas Tirith had trolls beating drums...

ATM4eternity
In the EE aren't gimli and aragorn gonna be the ones that do in gothmog???? when i saw it the first time i was thinkin it would be eomer cause it shows gothmog looking all scared as the rohirrim crash into the orcs and then it shows eomer with a spear yelling, but then no more gothmog

Maikahyandowen
i dunno. Gothmog had such a nasty face though. even for an orc.

Kitoky
Let's get this clear, Orcs originated from the Dark Elves.

pip-foot
i wonder what a dark elf would look like? anybody know?

Discos
not really, only what I have read really...

also I assumed Gothmog was defeated by the charge of the rohirrm?

conway
he was..in the movies..havnt read the books though..hes getting his army to fire arrows..brings down about 100 riders..he realises they aint dying fast enough..and cr**s himself..lol, well actually..i cant remember.. (dory da fish:P) lol but i think he legged it off past behind the oliphaunts..but i really cant remember..i searched for gothmog in google pictures and it brang up the fire beast that was in lotr : fotr but in cartoony look..so im quite confused as to if the orc is *gothmog* either way i think hes a really gd orc

Exa

Maikahyandowen
Exa has spoken! end of argument.
now, back to Grothmog being ugly.....

Exa
stick out tongue ... but he also mentions the possibility that orcs might be made of dust and dirt...

Thorondor
I assume you mean Gothmog from RoTK, the first Gothmog was a Balrog the Lord of The Balrogs to be exact.

Exa
Probably if this is a thread about orcs big grin

Gothmog was cool, but I liked him better in the book

(though the best Gothmog is still the son of morgoth stick out tongue )

Thorondor
yup i agree lol, balrogs are well cool smile apart from them killing Feanor...i wasn't to pleased at that stick out tongue

Exa

sauron
killed gandalf...but he cheated and came back......

Exa
big grin big grin but that wasnt Gothmog was he

and - some other stupid nameless Balrog killed Glorfindel ARGH

Whom did the White Balrog (how was his name again... erm... Lungorthin?) kill?

Kitoky
And I don't get any recognition? I see how you are, I'll make a note of that wink

Discos
I thought that the elves of which Orome brought to the west were the ones who wondered off themselves and were captured by melkors servants and dark spirits and formed into Orcs

Exa
huh? what? *confuzzled* what dyou mean?

Maikahyandowen
orcs never killed anyone important?! Orcs killed Isildur and Aragorn's dad.

nazgūl-lord
hmmm good point

Maikahyandowen
smile

Exa
I mean orcs who are known as individuals... they mainly killed other individually known orcs stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
ah. i see. dont' mind me! i'm just here for the food!

Exa
ok lol stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
so... back to the orcs!!

Thorondor

Exa

Thorondor
yea i agree smile

Exa
... but in the film I liked the Moria snaga ones better... they were cool...

Fav orcs are in first age though like the one who killed Azaghal, what was his name again...

Thorondor

Exa
lol good question big grin big grin maaany many stick out tongue

Thorondor
i didnt like the haradrim the guy was weird lol you know the driver stick out tongue

nazgūl-lord
i think he was cool stick out tongue

Thorondor
well Eomer speared him so its all good i LOVED RoTK but i preferred TTT big grin

nazgūl-lord
lolstick out tongue

Exa
lol the driver... I liked him... he was cool big grin

Kitoky
Yeah man! He had piercings and body graffiti! big grin

Exa
exactly stick out tongue and he had a cool face expression

shadowy_blue
I love that guy. big grin I was so happy when I saw a close-up pic of him coz since I saw ROTK, I can't stop wondering how many piercings he had and what were the patterns of his face paint. big grin And yeah, he did a great job with the part though Eomer speared him. Like Exa said, he had a cool expression, and he had the arrogance that I like. It's like he really like to kill all the Rohirrim..LOL. big grin

Exa
yey i love his arrogance big grin and how he looks at the rohirrim... even when he's killed he still looks like knowing everything and being the true lord of the battle

Kitoky
Driver: *glares at numerous fast moving ants below* Hah! And Look who's got the foot to stomp! Go Oliphaunt! *stick* Ahhhhhh!!!

Maikahyandowen
we should name him.

Bloom4ever
i hated that guy, just wanted to grab a sword and make him a die a slow... painful... death....

Maikahyandowen
we shall call him squishy, and he shall be ours! our squishy!

Bloom4ever
blink

Discos
the horn he blew was ultimately so awesome! it had such a great sounds for some reason,

Discos - likes the way the mamikul had barb-wire tusk to tusk

shadowy_blue
Yup! big grin That's the one thing that drew me to the Haradrim!! big grin But if you'll look at it in a more "practical" and "real" sense, that horn sounded like an off-pitch baritone blew by a seven-year old kid. stick out tongue But for some reason, I liked how it sounded. big grin It was so cool! big grin

Exa
Squishy's horn? yey that was cool... sounded... very strange... but great ...

Discos
@Exa, wasnt it the first orcs came into being is when silly elves wondered off and got captured by melkor and turned into Elves....

Discos - or did I mis-read the salmarillion

Kitoky
Squishy Squishy!

@Discos the first and original DARK elves followed Melkor and got tortured and such and then they multiplied.

Exa
yah thats right... thus they were probably not all dark-elves (in tolkiens books the dark elves arent evil! ... only those who didnt reach Aman) but also the ancestors of the Vanyar, Noldor and Teleri

sauron
melkor painted udun pink,,,,,and hung the word SPA outside

every elf within miles cam...and got turned into orcs...which melkor assured them was 'totally coming into fashion, yah'

and that is how the orcs came to be

Exa
big grin big grin

... then legolas should by rights be an orc

sauron
he would have been...if only he was born a few millenia earlier...damn prissy elves who decide not to have children and bring them into a world of darkness

Maikahyandowen
don't you dare call elves prissy. mad

Exa
In the films they are.

Orcs were a great counterpart for that

Discos
lol I quite agree, elves didnt seem all that mighty and wise as they seemed in the books, and also all the stuff said on the topic of shadowy saying that elves did nowt to "enlighting" the fellowship...grr

Iirima
I've envisioned him as an orc! big grin

LegolasLover411
No ****ing way!!!!!!

LegolasLover411
Agree.

Kitoky
big grin I agree with Exa, Elves in the movies always seemed to be prissy, and orcs are so cool because they don't give a damn on how they act, drink, talk, or squeal. smile

shadowy_blue
Eh, guys. We know by heart that you are fans of the Elves, but I don't think that just because you are a fan you have to be blind about the things making up your favorite character or race. (may it be positive or negative) Elves ARE prissy. In the movie at least, and there's no way denying that. So you don't have to be mad if we're mentioning that because it's the truth.

After all, you can't be a fan of something or someone if you also can't accept their flaws and other negative truths about them. wink

And this is an Orc thread, and they always get shafted. Elves always get attention and everything. It's about time (even this once) that we are now actually admiring the Orcs and not the Elves. wink

LegolasLover411
I made this thread for orcs. not for people to diss elfes.

Iirima
wink Goooooo shadowy! stick out tongue and for some reason, I didn't like Orcs, they were the only part of the Darkness (or whatever it's called I feel dumb today) that I didn't like. Give me Sauron, Wiki, and the Nazguls anyday, but I just...dislike Orcs! And was Lurtz an Orc or an Uruk-hai?

LegolasLover411
In the movie, Peter specifically said they were trying to take elves away for looking like FARIES!!!!!!!!!

shadowy_blue
Eh, they're not dissing the Elves, sauron merely called them prissy. That's it. It's just like an expression, it's like saying stinky orcs, or dirty Dwarves, or ragged Men, etc. You guys are just too sensitive about it. It's like we can't say anything negative about the Elves, just positive. Or else we will burn in Hades or somewhere.

shadowy_blue
What's got to do with looking prissy?

Kitoky
dude if you make a thread for orcs, prepare for there shall be some elf dissing.

Iirima
Does anyone know if Lurtz was an Orc or an Uruk-hai?

LegolasLover411
But it's for fricking JUST ORCS!!!!!

Kitoky
Lurtz was an Uruk-hai Iirima.

shadowy_blue
But from sauron's post where he was talking about the prissy Elves, he was talking about the Elves that turned into Orcs. All this talking about the Elves instead that we should just be talking about the Orcs started because of you guys being so sensitive with the word "prissy".

Kitoky
And since you asked how orcs first came to being we must do have to mention the elves.

Exa
As kit said an Uruk, but Uruks ARE orcs, just one of the bigger races... and they werent "invented" by Saruman. What he made were goblinmen... Lurtz most probably one of them, though obviously not all goblinmen really looked like orcs (actually there were some in Bree, spies of Saruman)

Maikahyandowen
by all means, mention elves. just don't call them prissy.

Thorondor
Hehe what i like most about Orcs is that they ALL have english accents and the heroes put on a slightly Scottish one big grin stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
well, there has to be SOME distinction between their accents.

Discos
heroes? orc heroes are you implying?

Thorondor
no i mean like aragorn gandalf etc.

shadowy_blue
By all means? Why?

Iirima
They are prissy. In the movies at least...

Schizo Freak
my favoite ORC is the one with the staples along the bridge of his nose at Isengard. dont know his name but he is cool. oh and the one that is wanting to eat merry and pippin's legs in the two towers. yea just thought i would get back to the ORC subject.

Maikahyandowen
they are not prissy. there are sooo many adjectives that you could use that far surpass PRISSY.

shadowy_blue
What's wrong with the word prissy that really bugs you off?

And, they are prissy. So we couldn't use any other words or adjectives to describe them besides prissy because they are...prissy.

Kitoky
He's cool, but didn't he get choked by that Uruk?

azszhz
the orc i liked was orc #234 in the battle of pallinor field big grin he truly was an orc till he got swashed by the big piece of debre or what ever gondor was throwing

Maikahyandowen
why does he have a number? elves are not prissy. they're noble, elegant, amazing beings. NOT PRISSY. mad

Discos
lol, I cant seem to figure out how the orc from the Two Towers, the one who wanted to eat merry and pippins legs, ended up chasing them into Fangorn forest.....he was the first one to get speared in the back!

Iirima
Yes, they are! Look up prissy. Elves are, and that's not always a bad thing.

shadowy_blue
Dude, just accept it. Like Iirima said, it's not always a bad thing, so I don't understand why you're pissing yourself off.

pip-foot
I agree, elves are really prissy, but agian, that does not mean prissy is a bad thing.

these are the meanings of PRISSY :

exaggeratedly proper

easily disgusted

Excessively or affectedly prim and proper.

Just thought you might like to know that it's not exactly an insult smile

shadowy_blue
And those actually are the descriptions of PJ's Elves. Not very much the second, but the first and the third. So don't deny anymore.

Thanks for that pip-foot. smile

Maikahyandowen
fine. have it your way.

Kitoky
big grin

Kitoky
SQUISHY!

Kitoky
Wiki!!!! love

Kitoky
*cough* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kitoky
Mace...love love love love

shadowy_blue
Kit, you're killing me with that Harad guy. love big grin

Kitoky
Did I just post Wiki in a Orc thread? blink *sobs* I put shame to Wiki's name. *sobs*

shadowy_blue
All of us get carried away. big grin stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
He was called Grishnakh..big grin He's in the book too. smile Somehow, he managed to make me laugh because of his attitude. stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
i like your pictures Kitoky!!!!!!

Vegeta13
yeah kit, you do post cool pics

Maikahyandowen
Happy Dance

Thorondor
lol dude you are so taking screenshots stick out tongue

im not complaining though cause it's for a good cause big grin

Discos
don't think its actually him taking the shots, I am sure someone else posted them this week or last.

Thorondor
oh

i tried taking shots but i got it on .bin files so i cant take ss's sad but oh well :P

Kitoky
O.o I'm not brave enough to go into a movie threater to record, and I will be shameful if I downloaded it.

Exa
*absolutely agrees*

GREAT pic big grin btw, your new ava looks amazing... dyou have a bigger version of that pic?

Raventheonly
What other ememy would anyone propose other than orcs, nearly mindless abominations in the service of Darkness. Gotta have control and effectiveness so you make them crave blood and serve at the wips end. The orcs compliment the Nazgul very well. Unfourtunetly and strangly the orcs have far more will then the Nazgul, even more then Sauron; for all but the orcs are driven by the power of the ring and therefore crave more then it. They are only inspired and pushed to do their duty by the ring. sick

azszhz
and if that fails then you can feed them to the fell beasts big grin

Maikahyandowen
toss them like popcorn chicken!

azszhz
not popcorn chicken
popcorn orc big grin

Maikahyandowen
who knows? they might taste like chicken. nasty, moldy, half-rotten chicken...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.