the NHL!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fruits
i came on here and i didn't see anything about hockey!! what is going on?!?!? hockey is my life!! and the 2004 2005 schedule will be released tomorrow at 3pm. so at 3, go to nhl.com and check it out. so, what r your guys's favorite teams, least favorite teams, favorite games, i dunno. me. well, i live in colorado so i like the avs, and for some reason i like the flyers as well. teams i hate. well, living in colorado, i naturally hate the red wings and the canucks. i also hate the stars. i really don't have any favorite games and all i have to say is goooooo flyers!! and avs!

fruits
what's the deal????? does everyone just hate hockey or what?????

Dr. Strangelove
Well its the offseason and really nothing happening in hockey right now. There will probably be more threads at the start of the season if theres a season.

So Fruits whats your team?

Sith Master X
I'm with the Boston Bruins, or as I like to call them, the Boston Chokers after there performance agaisnt Montreal in the Playoffs. But they still are my favorite since I live in New England, though it doesn't go that way for the other a couple other sports.

fruits
i live in colorado, so the avs are my 2nd fav. team to the flyers. i dunno, i just really like the flyers and like to watch their games. so i always root for the avalanche unless they're playing the flyers. this season, i'm gonna try to go to an avs vs. flyers game and wear my flyers jersey and see if any avs fans get pissed at me

Dr. Strangelove
Im a Sharks fan and was extremely suprised by their success this season. I thought they had a chance at the 8th seed but I didnt think they could get to the western conference finals but as the season went on they just kept getting better and better.

My second favorite team is probably the flyers mostly because Roenick is one of my favorite players.

badsymbiote
I always liked the Canadiens, the Devils, Canucks, & the Nordiques--so of course, now I like Colorado by default, and whatever team Brendan Shanahan plays for--which for the last 7 years has been Detroit.
Shanahan was my first hockey love as a young gal--I was 12 when he began playing for the Devils, who had an excellent team for at least 5 years, and are perennial faves of mine as well.
Back then, though Shanahan always had like 200+ penalty minutes, and rarely scored--exhibiting more scrappy defensive type play for a forward. It's been fun to watch him evolve into a consistent offensive producer, and watch his pim drop as his goals and assists steadily increased over the years.

wuTa
gotta love the maple leafs....you either hate that team or you love them....there full of scrappy players that people love to hate like roberts and tucker but love them or hate them you got to admire the way they play balls to the walls on every shift...i think hockey needs a change though...the ratings keep declining and there might not even be a season this year...they need to take away the blue line and have no touch icing to speed up the game...if you watch olympic hockey to regular season hockey in the olympics the game is so much faster

Dr. Strangelove
I dont know if they should take the blue line out but I think they should take out the two line pass rule which I think limits more breakaways.

One thing you have to remember about olympic hockey is the best players are their so the game is going to be much faster and much more entertaining.

One way to improve hockeys rating is to try to get as many HD TV's in as many homes as possible. eek!

BloomBabyGirl
i went to see the bruins play once in boston and hockey is kinda pointless to me but it was fun wathcin pple get knocked around like pinballs

badsymbiote
But wuTa, if you took out the blue line it would cause so many other problems--and what's wrong with icing the puck anyway? Just because it stops the game for a minute--it's not without it's price-namely having to take a face-off in your defensive zone, plus it also helps with line changes. And then there's the neutral zone issues. Would you eliminate player glove contact in the neutral zone altogether? I think it's more the Americanization of hockey that's really damaging the sport. Americans don't want to see defense--they can't appreciate it enough--so 6 or 7 years ago, they implemented a few small changes to increase activity and time spent in the attack zone. Sure, it produces more goals--but we all know there's so much more to hockey that fisticuffs.

Also, since we're mentioning Olympic and World Cup hockey, I also agree with Strangelove, that those guys are the best in the world, AND they're only playing briefly, they don't have to endure an entire season. They're playing for their country, or their personal pride and bragging rights. It's not the same thing, though it is entertaining.

wuTa
no no...i said no touch icing...which means you can still ice the puck but instead of players racing down there and kiling eachother the ref calls icing when the puck passes the red line not when the other player touches the puck...no touch icing would prevent a ton of injuries it wouldnt necessary slow down the game........i'm not sayin to modfy any rules or anything..they could stil clutch, grab, hit, whatever but takin away the blue line would lead to more break aways and speed up the game more...yea its true that the olympic players are the best in the world but alot of those players come out of the NHL....i think americans can appreciate some defense but c'mon some of this stuff has got to go i like watchin 1-0 nothin games but if its a team like new jersey than i grind my teeth coz once they get the lead all they do is play the trap and dump the puck its borin its one reason why the ratings are so low... if you ask me..its hurtin the game...

badsymbiote
OK, now THAT'S an arguement I can appreciate. Point goes to you, wu.

Shadow_King
i liked the nordiques so since they changed to Colrado that was my fav team.

wuTa
Happy Dance

ragesRemorse
the Penguins are going to own this year

Ironman 66
penguins cause lemieux is my favourite player and tampa because they have my favourite goalie khabibulan and my 2nd favourite player lecalvier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.