Nascar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Master X
I've searched through the threads, but I haven't come across any Nascar titled ones, either that or I missed it, but I was curious if anyone else here is a Nascar Junky like myself or if there are other fans of it here that'd like to talk about it a bit.

I don't know how this thread is gonna do, but if it does make out ok, I just have a couple things to say and request. smile

First of all, I can't begin to tell you how many arguments I've gotten into with friends of mine who tell me that Nascar is not a sport. Just go to sportsline.com <-and the keyword there is "sports" and I rest my case.

Secondly, please don't say as I've heard from many of my friends who know nothing about Nascar as well that "All Nascar is, is going around in happy little circles." Again, I rest my case when saying that they know "Nothing" about Nascar because it's true, they prove it everytime when they say the word "Circle", they can't even give the proper shape that these cars go around in, so given that, they're clueless to a certain satisfaction. Not that I'm telling anyone what opinions they can and cannot give, it's just stuff that I am extremely tired of hearing of, and stuff that is not true. wink

Well, besides my complaining, Nascar...anyone?

Dr. Strangelove
Im not a huge Nascar fan but I watch a couple of races a year. Im mostly a fan of Jr. and Tony Sterwert.

Sith Master X
Yeah, I love Tony Stewart, despite his attitude sometimes, he's a good guy with great racing skills. I myself personally like Ryan Newman the best, but he's having sort of an off year. Just hope he gets into the top ten by the time Nascar begins the Playoffs at Loudon.

I got tickets to that race seeing that I live in Maine and Loudon is in NH, the Sylvania 300 which is the first playoff race in the history of Nascar, so for that, I'm pretty excited for the experience, even though it'll basically be the same as any other race, the first playoff race would be kind of special.

Orlando Sucks
I love Tony because youll always see something exciting whenever hes in a race and he loves to intimidate and really I love the guys with attitude.

Do you like the playoff system for Nascar. I like it better because it gives more aggressiveness for winning races instead of just being in the middle of the pack to win the whole thing.

Sith Master X
I love the Playoff rule MUCH better! smile This keeps it from someone running away with the Championship with over 10 races to go. It's going to make things a little more tight, so come time for the final race, you could potentially have 5 cars running for the Championship. Unlike Previous years, some cars would automatically be crowned the Champion 4 races before a season is complete because they're so far ahead in the points system. This pretty much should prevent that from ever happening again and should make it a lot more exciting and competitive.

Sarah15
I like Nascar, i dont watch it all the time...my favorite driver is Dale JR..

BloomBabyGirl
i think nascar is a pathetic ezcuse for a sport. sports are supposed to be entertaining yet i can watch the same thing on cops and nascar.......just my opinion

Sith Master X
Nascar is much more entertaining when you watch it live, right in front of you at an actuall track rather then TV. But for a hardcore fan like myself, I watch on tv every weekend. Though I've made my trips to the New Hampshire International Speedway many times seeing that I live close by to it in Maine, and it's way more of a thriller to see in real person.

PRO-PAIN
I'm a huge NASCAR fan, was raised around it all my life..
My father built race car engines for years when I was a kid for Goody's Daytona Dash Teams....

I live about 45 minutes from Lowes Motor Speedway and have been to every race since the early 80's..

I was always a diehard Dale Earnhardt fan and since his death I pull for Jr. and all the other DEI and RCR drivers..

DarkFlower
i like Jimmie Johnson 48,Robby Gordon 31,Kurt Bush 97,and Ryan Newman 12 they rock rock

Sith Master X
Oh yeah, Ryan Newman is my favorite. He rocks!!! Though he's right on the bubble for the Chase for the Cup right now.

bordom
I love NASCAR... can't watch it all the time cause I don't have a channel that shows it... my fav driver would have to be Rusty or Jimmy

PINBALL
How can someone like nascar its just watching cars go around and around a damn race track and they go for hours

bordom
but they crash too so that's a rush lmfao!

PINBALL
Oh wow i crash every 300 laps its not worth it.

bordom
Hey guys I'm back... n I LOVE the crashes... but yes there is too few stick out tongue

forumcrew
Pinball if you dont like nascar you dont to come here and just say how can you guys like this.. i gotta imagine you have something better to do.. but if your just gonna flame on nascar dont come in here its rude.

I used to be a davy allison and kyle petty fan dont really watch it a ton anymore.. everynow and then ill watch a race though

bordom
Ya Petty is awesome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.