Which DVD collection?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cookies2006
Ive been thinking...i have my whole SW collection on VHS...should i buy the old trilogy on dvd cuming out in september or should i wait and get the ENTIRE trilogy on dvd wen it all cums out as a box set????thanxx

NoMeN
WAIT FOR THE BOX SET!!!!! it has a 4th disc

btw: ill get my copy the 8th of september \big grin/

Jedi Priestess
errrrr Im confused......I thought in September is when the box set with the 4th disk came out? ANd I have the OT on video too which I was gonna get rid of but that copy has the original Han/Greedo scene so Im keeping it.

NoMeN
oh! he means if he should buy the OT DVD PACK that comes this september, or if he/she should wait until they release a pack with all 6 movies.

Jedi Priestess
do you have the release date for that? the one with all 6

Darth Maverick
how r u gettin it on the 8th of september? thats really kool

moonwalker741
When does the PT and OT trilogy ULTIMATE box set edition come out?

VengeanceGOD
I don't think anyone knows.

NoMeN
<--- im from spain

and here in spain it will be released before than anywhere else! big grin

guiro72
as far as i know originally the "archival editions" (that's what they said), were going to be released post ep III in 2005/2006....that was the set with all 6 films.....then suddenly they announced this original trilogy pack....possibly they planned it this way all along and just kept it quiet, but it seems like it was a last minute decision.....maybe they just want to sell the films twice to fans, or maybe they wanted to be sure everyone watches them again just prior to seeing ep III, so that people think more highly of ep III when they see it, and it goes over better.....

i was going to boycott them and wait for the archival (until i hear otherwise, i'm assuming these are still set for 2005/2006).....but i'm starting to cave....it was doing my head in trying to decide what to do, so now i'm thinking i'll probably just buy them so i don't have to think about it anymore (and i'm curious about the footage in the documentary).....

two more minor points: i was hoping the original trilogy discs would have an extras disc for each film, mirroring the prequel discs....(i just like symmetry - yes, it appears i am at least a touch obsessive compulsive).....

there is supposed to be a version of ep I with the yoda puppet completely replace by a cg version....the last thing i heard suggested that this was already completed and ready to go.....make of this what you will.....

yerssot
the "archival" set was never confirmed and up to my knowledge, it's just supercrappyshadow who keeps talking about it and TFN thinking they got a scoop with it no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.