Elvis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the lost boys
who just loves elvis presley??? love stick out tongueray:

m!$hA
erm not really

Deathblow
He's ok, but to me he's very overrated. There will only ever be one king of rock and roll, and it aint Elvis.

m!$hA
i thought he sung pop??

Elvis was great...i think he's underrated actually. i think for the era he's overshadowed by other musical groups/artists

ElectricBugaloo
no, no, he's the king. more #1 hits than anyone else, first to really popularize a combination of black and white music, paving the way for popular black artists and for bands like Led Zeppelin, etc. Everyone at the time knew that Elvis was The King, and the other bands/artists were just scraping around to get some crumbs that fell from his royal personage.

Deathblow
Chuck Berry will always be the King to me.

Darth Revan
Elvis started rock... No, he wasn't a very talented musician, but he was the first white person to bring blues to mainstream, white America. Without Elvis, we probably would never have had Chuck Berry.

There are certainly better rock musicians, but Elvis started it.

Deathblow
Well no, there were plenty of rock musicians around before Elvis, he was just the first white person to do it. And Chuck Berry would definitely have been around, Elvis or no Elvis.

Darth Revan
Well... I should have said that Elvis brought rock to the mainstream, you're right about that.

Fearnix
Elvis was Rock and Roll wasent he???

RebelPhoenix
^From what I've heard (and that's alot because of my mother messed stick out tongue) he wasn't completely Rock'n'Roll like many class him as - imo his music was Rock'n'Roll, Pop (not necessarily popular music at the time but pop as in the genre of 'pop') Blues and Gospel.

amity75
I still can't make my mind up about this guy. I don't know whether to love him or hate him. One of the guys I work beside is the most hardcore punk fan I know and he says "You have to love Elvis because he's at the very heart of all rock music". Any thoughts?

SlipknoT
Eh, I dont really listen to him.

Morning_Glory
he's classic but he's dead

Elvi
HE IS THE KING AND WILL NEVER DIE

HE WILL RULE THIS EARTH HA HA HA AH A

Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing laughing

badboy2004
thats right

Elvi
ELLLLLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS

love king

Mist
i like cakeeek!

Elvi
Originally posted by Mist
i like cakeeek!

SHUT UP!! THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ELVIS!! mad

Come on everybody and turn your head to the left
Come on everybody and turn your head to the right Happy Dance

Libertine
Shouldnt this be on the music forum?

Jackie Malfoy
He is ok the only song I like that he sings is "I can't help falling in love with you!JM laughing tomatosurrender

frodo34x
Elvis is dead by my hands.

Mist
Originally posted by Elvi

you dont want me to unleash my wrath upon you.

and i think elvis is crap, its only good when its remixed by a dj.

Libertine
A little less conversation!

Demarthl
he busta bloodvessel straining one out and keeled over no expression

Libertine
Again this should be on the music forum

Demarthl
if we poke it hard enough it'll move pokey

frodo34x
*pokes*

Libertine
Move! Move!
Bollocks.

frodo34x
*pokes bollocks*

Mist
*stabs with a knife*
*kicks with a steel capped boot*
*runs over with a car*

hmm....it still aint moving.....

Mighty Yoda
you do know elvis is dead right?

frodo34x
As a wannabe mod, I command you to move!

Mighty Yoda
who, me?

frodo34x
No, the thread.

Libertine
Originally posted by frodo34x
*pokes bollocks*

Is that some sort of perverted fantasy of yours?

Mighty Yoda
laughing

clispin
elvis rocks man and don't anyone deny it otherwise "Elvi" will hunt you all down and kill you slowly and painfully

Elvi
Originally posted by Mist
you dont want me to unleash my wrath upon you.

and i think elvis is great, its not good when its remixed by a dj.

Mist. I think you are a foooool!!! and you are stupid for thinkning elvis remixes are better. U have no taste

Elvi
Originally posted by Mighty Yoda
you do know elvis is dead right?

Elvis...........is NOT dead

pr1983
Elvis is one of the all time greats...

Even towards the end he was still ten times better than most of the shite thats out today...

Df02
Originally posted by Elvi

Come on everybody and turn your head to the left
Come on everybody and turn your head to the right Happy Dance

your username is missing something and i can't quite put my finger on what it is...

Afro Cheese
Not a fan...

SlipknoT
Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Mother **** him and John Wayne

Deathblow
Fight the power brother ChucknoT raver

Elvi
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Mother **** him and John Wayne

no i dont think so. you talk pish

Elvi
Originally posted by Df02
your username is missing something and i can't quite put my finger on what it is...

Elvi is my name for elvis

Elvi
Originally posted by pr1983
Elvis is one of the all time greats...

Even towards the end he was still ten times better than most of the shite thats out today...

I'll 2nd that!!

amity75
When it came to popping pills, eating rubbish, wearing a nappy and having sex with underage girls then there was probably no-one better.

mr.smiley
i do belive elvis was the best even though i'm not a fan

PinkDi@monds
i hate him i hate him i hate him i hate him i hate him i hate him
i hate him i hate him i hate him
elvis was crap elvis was crap elvis was crap elvis was crap elvis was crap elvis was crap elvis was crap elvis was crap

StinkFist462
i bet you anything if we lived back when elvis was big as shit , we'd all love him .

cad
whats the point having a thread on him. no one likes him.

jaden101
he took what the likes of bill haley and the comets and little richard were doing and made it the acceptable white face in a nation and planet still bogged down in the myers of xenophobic sentiment

in other words...he was a white guy playing black music...and thats what made him famous...not originality

Deathblow
^ Yes.

Many, many people say he is the King of rock 'n roll, but you'll find that about 99% of those people are white. And wrong. He was a legend and he was a great performer, but the king of rock 'n roll is quite clearly Chuck Berry.

Afro Cheese
I don't really like Elvis. It's just too corny.

Darth Revan
Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant shit to me, sucka was straight up racist, simple and plain...

Sorry, I had to say that. In any case, I agree with Deathblow about this. All he did was sing blues, and not unduly well at that. I don't mind listening to him, but he's way blown out of proportion. Not only that, but the guitar was basically a stage prop to him.

koolruningz
The word overrated was invented for this guy. I cant see what the big deal is about him.
Revan, you never have to apologise for quoting Chuck D man.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by cad
whats the point having a thread on him. no one likes him.

Funny thing for you to say something like that, seeing as how you have started a huge list of threads on such crappy bands as Nickelback, Three Days Grace, etc.

Afro Cheese
Word. Elvis thread > Nickelback thread anyday.

StinkFist462
elvis > simple plan , 3 days blah , nicklebag, good charlte

RedAlertv2
I dont like Elvis, but he beats the shit out of Three Days Grace

startxthexmosh
i was raised on elvis.so heck yeah i like him.even if you dont like him.he deserves respect.

Dr. Strangelove
As Afro said, he's a little too corny for me.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant shit to me, sucka was straight up racist, simple and plain...

I posted the Exact same thing.... laughing out loud

startxthexmosh
wtf.he grew up in a neighborhood and went to a "black" church.so...he must have a been a good faker.

heru
Fact of Fiction True or False was he really the king.

Bardock42
He was and is called the King. So, yeah, he is "The King".

Kelly_LS
Yes, The KING. But shouldn't this be in the Music forum?

jaden101
king of his cheese burger eating kingdom...

heru
Originally posted by Bardock42
He was and is called the King. So, yeah, he is "The King". What was he the king of? embarrasment

Bardock42
Originally posted by heru
What was he the king of? embarrasment

He was no king in the old fashioned sense. He was called "The King", because his music was very popular.

heru
Originally posted by Bardock42
He was no king in the old fashioned sense. He was called "The King", because his music was very popular. So in other words, he was the king of what he sung.

Bardock42
Originally posted by heru
So in other words, he was the of what he sung.

You could say that. Or you could say that for his fans he was/is the King of his particular genre of music. It is a nickname he got, which does not actually have anything to do with secular power.

D00m
Nusrat, he's my Elvis.

Don't care much for Elvis himself.

SpaceMonkey
I love "Burning Love"!! that alone makes him the King!!

BobbyD
Originally posted by the lost boys
who just loves elvis presley??? love stick out tongueray:

Great voice, fair musician (at best), one of the single best "entertainers" that has ever lived, one the most important persons to ever happen to rock/pop.

Zebra 3
If it wasn't for Elvis Presley we wouldn't have the Elvis Smiley. http://img242.echo.cx/img242/9089/elvis0in.gif

Da preacher
OVERRATED

Kid Kurdy
Elvis was good, had lots of charisma and a great voice.

But at the same time, he is way overrated. At the end of his live, nobody took him serious anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.