Iron Man vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asian Hulk
Peter Parker change into Spidey then Tony Stark become Ironman.because Spiderman can beating Ironman you know!!!

Linkalicious
I know exactly what you're saying brotha!!!! Spidey can beating Spiderman!

moshtitan
ya i know spidey can beating spidey....oh wait, no i dont What the f**k?

Alpha Centauri
I think what KMC's resident neanderthal was trying to express in his own, incoherent and grunty way, was that Spider-Man can beat Iron-Man.

I would love this fight.

Spidey could take it but I think Iron-Man has the favour.

-AC

who?-kid
Same here. Spider-Man CAN take Iron-Man, but boy, he will have it difficult !

But if I remember correctly, Spider-Man has already defeated a futuristic Iron Man.

I only vote for Spider-Man because he's my favorite and because he has a chance, but I admit Iron Man has better cards.

Linkalicious
lets not go putting down other members. I wouldn't be able to choose between the two.

Even with the obvious strength advantage for Iron Man....Spidey's way too quick for him. I doubt Sparks could lay a finger on him....

Manowar
Spidey...if Spidey beat down Firelord, than he could probly beat Iron Man

but Iron Man has the strength advantage

SUPERMANDAMAN
Not only does he have the strength advantage he has the range advantage my vote is going to go to iron man.

Linkalicious
what "range" is that?

Spidey can practically dodge bullets. Unless Iron Man is going to destroy a city block....I don't see how he is going to hit Spiderman with his Spidersense.

And that webbing makes him quite formidable in the air...

SUPERMANDAMAN
First off iron mans laser move faster than bullets and im sure if iron man just started blasting he would eventually hit spiderman i mean he can fly all he has to do is just sit up there and shoot.

Linkalicious
Spidey's better in the air than he is on the ground....

SUPERMANDAMAN
how would spiderman get to him

Linkalicious
well obviously it depends on where they fight. If they're fighting out in the plains...then Iron Man has a decisive advantage. If they fight in New York, or somewhere that Spidey can web-sling....then the advantage goes to Spidey.

In a city...

1. Iron Man can't let loose his full arsenal because he'll hurt innocent people.
2. Spiderman can out manuver him in air.

Also remember....the high Iron Man flies up and away from Spidey...the less likely he'll be able to hit Spidey with a shot.

SUPERMANDAMAN
how can spiderman out manuver someone in the air who can fly when all he can do is web sling and im not talkin about people being around im talkin about just them being there

Beyonder
SUPERMANDAMAN

how can spiderman out manuver someone in the air who can fly when all he can do is web sling and im not talkin about people being around im talkin about just them being there

He can and won't. Spidey's good but not that good. And beating Firelord is shit and everyone knows it - they're doesn't even need explanations for this one 'cause there's lots of post on this, just look for them.

Here's Iron's stat:

Strength level: Without his armor Tony Stark possesses the normal strength of a normal human man his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise. His armor magnifies Stark strength to superhuman levels, enabling him to lift (press) roughly 85 times.

Other abilities: Tony Stark is a genius who is a responsible for numerous major discoveries, inventions, and other achievements in various areas of technology.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/i/ironman.htm

Linkalicious
As if we don't all know Iron Man's stats. Why don't you pull a stat like his speed? his agility? his reflexes?

For once...I'd love to see someone use something other than "he's stronger" as a reason.

Like I said....if Iron Man is flying around...he won't hit Spiderman. I've already said it once...I'll repeat it for you "strength junkies" again....Spidersense!

who?-kid
Spider-Man giving Firelord a few fighting lessons was not shit ! And do not speak for other people ("everyone knows it"wink.

SUPERMANDAMAN
hes not only stronger he is faster seein as how he can fly at mach 2 and like i saidif he started blasting like crazy he would eventually hit spiderman.

Beyonder
kalicious

As if we don't all know Iron Man's stats. Why don't you pull a stat like his speed? his agility? his reflexes?

For once...I'd love to see someone use something other than "he's stronger" as a reason.

Like I said....if Iron Man is flying around...he won't hit Spiderman. I've already said it once...I'll repeat it for you "strength junkies" again....Spidersense!

So you're saying Spidey webslings faster than Iron Man can fly? Spidey's agility and reflexes doesn't mean anything if he can't him Tony. You can rant on about how fast Spidey moves but Rhino, Shocker, Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, Vulture, and Electro can hit Spidey or bombared him with weapons, certainly Iron Man. And Iron Man's faster and weapons are stronger than alot of these guys.

who?-kid

Spider-Man giving Firelord a few fighting lessons was not shit ! And do not speak for other people ("everyone knows it"wink.

Why not? Spiderman beating Firelord in a fist fight? That's not shit - yeah sure it isn't. And vulnerable to water used on him battle Spidey? He's a herald of Galactus who travels through space and survives from its hazards? Water is going hurt or weaken him?

who?-kid
Come on, I saw Spider-Man hitting Silver Surfer more than once, and he can travel ten thousands of time faster than Iron Man.

There's a difference between traveling and moving. In a fight, moving fast is much more important than the ability to transport yourself in half an hour from Earth to the Moon.

Spider-Man moves much more quickly than Iron Man. That COULD be a deciding factor.

Beyonder
who?-kid

Come on, I saw Spider-Man hitting Silver Surfer more than once, and he can travel ten thousands of time faster than Iron Man.

There's a difference between traveling and moving. In a fight, moving fast is much more important than the ability to transport yourself in half an hour from Earth to the Moon.

Spider-Man moves much more quickly than Iron Man. That COULD be a deciding factor.

Oh Spidey can tag IM alright, no doubt. But it doesn't mean he's gonna harm him. What can Spidey do to IM? And Spidey can also tag Hulk, Spawn, or Thor but it doesn't mean he can harm them.

I'll agree with you if you'll tell me how Spidey's going to do it, maybe he can throw water on IM like he did Firelord and hope the armor rust.

SUPERMANDAMAN
roll eyes (sarcastic) lol yea good point but anyways spider man beating a herald of galactus was a bunch of bs and spidermans hits wouldnt do a whole lot to iron man and not to mention that if the green goblin can hit spiderman with pumpkin bombs why cant iron man hit him with laser or something that move faster.

who?-kid
I hope I don't sound as some biased fanboy (which I am, by the way stick out tongue ), but Spider-Man can hurt Iron Man. He can web him up very fast and throw him a few times against a building. Or under a passing train. Or use him a few minutes as a punching bag.

Iron Man will feel that, trust me.

Spider-Man can beat Iron Man, but I admit he would have to give everything he got. But then again, I also believe Iron Man is not fast enough to hurt/damage/hit Spider-Man.

And below is something I found on the Internet (thanks to the writer):

For instance, one comic had an Iron Man from the future go back in time to get a retina scan from a child who would grow up to be a psychopathic murderer. He accidentally injures the kid in the process and Spidey goes absolutely ape-shit. By the time Spidey's finished, there are pieces of that suit hanging off! The face-plate was cracked, the breastplate was smashed, and the guy inside was actually bleeding from his wounds!

SUPERMANDAMAN
first off is that even tony stark second that is black suit spiderman stronger than the original next iron man could hit spider man cause spiderman gets hit by people like green goblin and the rhino and iron man could break spiderman webbing even if he webs him up considerin iron man can lift 85 tons and venom can only lift 11 and he seems to have notrouble with it.

Arachnoidfreak
If Green Goblin can f*ck with Spiderman, Ironman is handing Spiderman his ass. and that 85 tons thing is old, it's up to 100.

Beyonder
Spidey's down isn't he? Whiplash, an IM villain, handing Spidey his ass.

http://www.samruby.com/MtuB/Large/MTU072.JPG

Spidey's doing the easy job while IM's taking the heat literally.

http://www.samruby.com/MtuA/Large/MTU048.JPG

Linkalicious
Alright for all 3 of you guys (who kid included) that posted comic covers....since when do they really tell the story itself?

Silver Surfer #1 (newest series) shows Silver Surfer on the front cover flying through space....to anyone who has that comic...they would know that Silver Surfer isn't even in the 1st comic of his series. I also have a DarkHawk comic where Venom is on the cover, he's got DarkHawk's head/helmet in his hand, decapitated from his body...like he's going to eat it. Inside the comic, an injured Darkhawk beats Venom up.

Tell me what happens inside the pages of that comic...then I'm inclinded to believe you.

And Spidey's whole mission in life is to protect the innocent, not fight the bad guy. Fighting the bad guy is usually a consequence of trying to save people....still covers prove nothing.

Sure...Iron Man can fly in one direction much...must faster than Spiderman. But how well does he turn? what his manueverabiity like in comparison to Spiderman?

How did Green Goblin and Rhino generally give Spiderman a challenge? By putting Spidey in a fuct up situation because they put innocent people in harms way. You almost never see a fully rested Spiderman fight the GG or Rhino without there being innocent civilians in the area for Spiderman to worry about.

What happens when he's rested and there's no innocent people around to get into harms way? He beats the crap out of Firelord and better yet, he dances around more than 3/4's of the X-men. (secret wars)

SnakeEyes
i still think that Iron Man would win

Beyonder
Linkalicious

Alright for all 3 of you guys (who kid included) that posted comic covers....since when do they really tell the story itself?

Silver Surfer #1 (newest series) shows Silver Surfer on the front cover flying through space....to anyone who has that comic...they would know that Silver Surfer isn't even in the 1st comic of his series. I also have a DarkHawk comic where Venom is on the cover, he's got DarkHawk's head/helmet in his hand, decapitated from his body...like he's going to eat it. Inside the comic, an injured Darkhawk beats Venom up.

Tell me what happens inside the pages of that comic...then I'm inclinded to believe you.

And Spidey's whole mission in life is to protect the innocent, not fight the bad guy. Fighting the bad guy is usually a consequence of trying to save people....still covers prove nothing.

Sure...Iron Man can fly in one direction much...must faster than Spiderman. But how well does he turn? what his manueverabiity like in comparison to Spiderman?

How did Green Goblin and Rhino generally give Spiderman a challenge? By putting Spidey in a fuct up situation because they put innocent people in harms way. You almost never see a fully rested Spiderman fight the GG or Rhino without there being innocent civilians in the area for Spiderman to worry about.

What happens when he's rested and there's no innocent people around to get into harms way? He beats the crap out of Firelord and better yet, he dances around more than 3/4's of the X-men. (secret wars)

I get what you're saying, but I only threw those images out because who?-kid was doing it. I was looking for some actual fights on the net but found these instead.

Anyhow, Iron Man would murder Spidey like Firelord would and should do to Spidey. Spidey can't harm IM at all.

Victor Von Doom
The Secret Wars Spidey was mentioned: I think that's the key point.

That Spidey could take him, when they make him a bumbling fool then no.

ragesRemorse
this would be a close fight that all depends on the surroundings of battle. Each heroe has there own advantages that could pull just enough in there favour for a victory. I think it would all come down to who had the better nights sleep the night before. Now Spiderman has fought foes in the past that can be considered far deadlier than Iron man, and the same goes for Ironman, another thing to remember is that these two have fought together before so they are aware of each others abilities and fighting techniques, close match, but i would have to say that spidey takes the win.

Never
LMAO, Spiderman cannot "hurt" Iron Man unless we are discussing Tony Starks outside of his suit.

NOTHING Spiderman can throw at Iron Man will affect him. Spidey's only chance of winning is...running and dodging.

And...posting old Marvel Team Ups certainly does not accurately gauge each character's CURRENT ability. Iron Man does not even use that suit anymore. It's so...'70's.

Iron Man is not fast enough to HIT Spiderman? roll eyes (sarcastic) Can Spiderman move 50 feet in one second on land? No. Can Iron Man torch 50 square feet in one blast? Yes.

This is a joke. Iron Man took down Hulk...and Spiderman can take him?

Please!

ragesRemorse
I htink you forget that Spiderman held his own against the Hulk. Spiderman has agility, spider sense, and yes his super strength would effect Iron man, it may take some continus pounding,but yes it would eventualy begin to damage him. Spiderman also has his web shooters that could be of use depending on what he would mix into the webbing. Eigther way you look at it this battle it is very closley matched.

Never
Spiderman holding his own against The Hulk is as stupid as Wolverine slashing open Silver Surfer's armor. HORRID writing.

Spiderman is not in Hulk's league and he is not in Iron Man's - and Spidey is by far my fave character.

I challenge all of you picking Spidey to cop some recent Iron Man battles. You'll change your mind.

Alpha Centauri
I don't see how Spider-Man would even have a chance were it not Secret Wars Spider-Man.

-AC

Linkalicious
again, my biggest part of the arguement is where the fight is being held.

If you're in Manhattan or downtown New York.....where are you going to let off a 50ft blast without killing about 30 innocent civilians.

I agree that Spiderman is severly outmatched here, and for all extensive purposes would have his ass handed to him.

But what's the point of making this thread if every single person votes Iron Man? There is no point....so as weak as my argument may be, in favor of Spiderman, atleast it's an arguement none the less....

Never
Goodness. In the event the battle occurs in a populated environment Iron Man still possesses a wealth of offensive weaponry/technology.

Sonics? Flashbombs? Concussive blasts?

Linkalicious
great points again...like i said, ass handed to himself. big grin

hey i was wondering vs thread aside....does Starks ever get tired when he's in that suit? or does that thing do most of the work for him?

ragesRemorse
Spiderman has fought with forces similiar to the offensive capabilities that iron man can offer. Spiderman is also one of the few people with intelligence enough that could understand how starks suit works and why it works. this could be used against Iron Man. Just because spiderman may be outmatched at first glance is no reason to discount him, Spiderman Thrives on being outmatched. Stark has a vast erray of weaponry, and can fly these are the only areas where Stark takes the advantage over spiderman, dont give me shit about his strength either, because this has never been a problem for the web head. . Spidey has dealt with massive advanced amounts of weaponry before, just remember kingpins Enforcers and spider slayers.

Linkalicious
I think it's more a matter of durability than strength. Iron Man can pretty much handle anything that Spidey dishes out. The same can't be said on the opposite end.

The main reason why i defended Spidey at first, was for the same reasons that you stated, but how exactly is Spidey supposed to hurt Iron Man.

Wouldn't punching him hurt Spidey just as much, if not more than IM.

Never
Precisely. How will Spiderman hurt Iron Man?

Spiderman is quite smart actually, but not on the level of Starks. As such...no, I seriously doubt that he could, on the fly, understand how Starks' suit works. He had not idea that the circuit relays in his web cartridges could be used with Hawkeye's arrows to channel energy from Captain Marvel and Human Torch into Iron Man's armor to blast from under that mountain in Secret Wars #4, for example. That was the Jimmy Rhodes Iron Man, of course.

Linkalicious
and that was wayyyyyy back in the day.

Since then, i'm sure such circuitry has advanced a great deal.

who?-kid
Wrong. His black suit does not make him stronger. Where do you get that idea ?

And he thrashed and humiliated Iron Man. Literally.

who?-kid
Well, I didn't want to prove a thing. The cover was just an attachment to show the fight happened, nothing more smile.

Linkalicious
yah, i hated adding you in there, but i did because i didn't want them thinking I was being biased to one member....sry.

And I'm pretty damn sure Spiderman's symbiote costume made him stronger. And he knew of it's better defensive abilities too.

Spiderman with the symbiote was every bit as bad ass as Venom. He just didn't have the wicked bad grin.

who?-kid
Absolutely no problem.

But something else... I don't want to start an off-topic discussion here, but his black suit did not make Spider-Man stronger. Not one bit.

It only gave him some "options" : no need anymore for webshooters, his costume worked as a filter against some poisonous gasses... those kind of things.

But he was not stronger or faster or meaner or whatever. It was the same old Spider-Man.

manjaro
ARE YOU PPL FREAKING INSANE? what's spidey gonna do to IM gum up his armpits w/webbing? or maybe he'll just shoot webbing on IM's faceplate? This battle is a joke dude. granted spidey is quick but IM's concussive blasts are traveling at quess what.............the speed of light!

So explain to me how spidey could dodge those for more than 3 or 4 blasts. aslo it is important to point out that these waht if battles should be considered from a "if it is properly written POV". Even Ray Charles(RIP) could see that IM takes this.

WTF! next someone 'll probably say that Spidey can win providing that he has a lot of prep time*lol*

by the way what does LMAO mean?

moshtitan
lmao means laughin my ass off.duh!!

manjaro
i thought it meant lick my ass 'ole

Linkalicious
actually, i'd say that Spidey's only chance to even do damage to IM that he can feel would involve him either...

webbing his arm pits, or webbing his face plate up...laughing

but that's....just about it. In which case, it would just piss Starks off, and he'd go explosive crazy.

but it's still be fun to watch it played out in a comic because you know the writers would make it so Spidey did nothing but run and dodge IM.

Can you just imagine him in the middle of an intersection in NY, just using his arsenal shooting at Spidey while he juuuuuuust narrowly keeps escaping....it'd be kinda funny hearing Parker's commentary.

IM wins....my decision was changed a while ago.

FeceMan
You deserve a prize, AC. But I still can't figure out whether or not he's trying to be a moron. Oh, well...

He's kind of like an Orc from Warcraft, when you think about it.

Beyonder
FeceMan
You deserve a prize, AC. But I still can't figure out whether or not he's trying to be a moron. Oh, well...

He's kind of like an Orc from Warcraft, when you think about it.

I doubt anyone's this stupid. I think he's just messing around with us and trying to stir something...shit, maybe. He might be one of those who likes getting attention whether it be negative or positive.

Arachnoidfreak
Oh no, he's always like that. check his posts.

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

Oh no, he's always like that. check his posts.

Don't have to, I've read some of his earlier post: "Is it Bruce Banner or Bruce Wayne," anyone? I know what you're talking about Arachnoidfreak but I still don't think anyone's this stupid. It's an act to get attention/reaction from anyone. Plus it's also funny - for him (maybe us as well) - to have riddiculous threads that everyone would have are hard time figuring out.

FeceMan
Beyonder, you are probably 100% correct...but it's too funny NOT to mock him about it.

Beyonder
FeceMan

Beyonder, you are probably 100% correct...but it's too funny NOT to mock him about it.

Didn't say anything about not mocking. big grin I just wanted to share my opinion about Asian Hulk. I really think it's just an act.

who?-kid
Well, the fight HAS already happened (Spider-Man vs Iron Man from the future), and Spider-Man tore Iron Man apart => Spider-Man wins. What's there to argue about ?

LMAO smile

Evangel94
That wasn't Tony Stark. Arno (A crazy psychopath that found an old Iron Man armor). That's Iron Man 2020. The Original Iron Man (Tony Stark) went foward in time and kicked his ass. You can't pick one instance and base your whole argument around it. You actually have to know more about the chracter and what he's done to make a valid understandable judgement call.

crazyspinz
well like i usualy say in spidey vs threads, iron man would in all sense kick spideys red an blue ass, he has him outmatched in speed, strenth and smarts. BUT spidey always wins, he always wins against all odds..

so i say spidey would win, for some stupid reason

Kontraz
personally, i hate iron man.... dont like his character, nor his suit. BUT I do have to give him this fight.... spidey (nor venom nor carnage) would ever be able to beat him...

UNLESS spidey uses his invetor's skills and creates something that disables part of the suit... somehow.

who?-kid
(I'm lazy, I admit it, but it's been a long day, so I will just copy and paste something I wrote in this thread some time ago)

I hope I don't sound as some biased fanboy (which I am, by the way ), but Spider-Man can hurt Iron Man. He can web him up very fast and throw him a few times against a building. Or under a passing train. Or use him a few minutes as a punching bag.

Iron Man will feel that, trust me.

Spider-Man can beat Iron Man, but I admit he would have to give everything he got. But then again, I also believe Iron Man is not fast enough to hurt/damage/hit Spider-Man.

And below is something I found on the Internet (thanks to the writer):

For instance, one comic had an Iron Man from the future go back in time to get a retina scan from a child who would grow up to be a psychopathic murderer. He accidentally injures the kid in the process and Spidey goes absolutely ape-shit. By the time Spidey's finished, there are pieces of that suit hanging off! The face-plate was cracked, the breastplate was smashed, and the guy inside was actually bleeding from his wounds!

Moral of the story : do not underestimate a berserk Spider-Man. Iron Man is tougher and stronger, sure, but not half as fast as Spider-Man. Spider-Man can dodge (reflexes ! agility !! spider-sense !!!) every attack of Iron Man while knitting a sweater for MJ.

crazyspinz
like i said, spidey somehow always wins...

who?-kid
No shit ?! wink

Yes I can. It's the closest thing we've got. Too bad you don't like it.

Evangel94
You clearly do not state Iron Man 2020 or Arno anywhere here. People who are unfamiliar with the history of Iron Man would be lead to believe by your elusive writing that Tony Stark, the True Iron Man, was beaten by Spiderman when in fact it was actually Arno who found an old Iron Man armor that was beaten. Write the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth.

Correction, It's the closet thing you have. There are tons of counter examples to dispprove what you said. You have to read more than just one issue to get a better understanding of a character in order to make a judgement.

who?-kid
Read the thread, the whole thread and nothing but the thread. Everybody seems to know that that wasn't Tony Stark but you feel obligated to point it out for us once more.

Eurm, I have a question for you : are you going to contribute to this debate by actually saying how Iron Man will beat Spider-Man, or are you going to complain some more?

I haven't read much "counter examples" coming from you laughing !

Kontraz
iron man has lock on features.... something spidy WONT be able to dodge. As i have said before, I hate iron man/war machine, but they win this one.

Swanky-Tuna
If it's not _____seeking, he can still dodge it. Even if it tries to compensate for movement, he could go random.

Kontraz
sure, he might be able to dodge one or two seekers, but what if ironman releases mutiple? Spidey soup...

emraldguardian
LOL are you seriouse Iron Man would be able to break out of his webing like its nothin, I mean Venom can do it and he is nowhere near Iron Mans stregth level. Iron Man has this one Spider man is out of his league.

who?-kid
Wrong. If Spider-Man decides to cover Iron-Man completely with web, hah, in that case, we'll have a humiliating story for Iron Man. The web itself won't give Iron Man that much trouble, but it's sticky as hell, and it will cost Iron Man a few seconds to get rid of it. Spider-Man did the same thing once against an enraged Hulk, and it bought him precious time.

And when fighting against Spider-Man, every second counts. That's why I believe Spider-Man has a good chance beating Iron Man.

Btw, Venom can not break the web of Spider-Man. Not even Namor can break his web, and Namor is sooo much stronger than Venom.

who?-kid
Hobgoblin tried something like that once, some computer driven series of attacks and stuff like that : now guess who was in for a surprise (hint, it was not Spider-Man)...

Under normal conditions, Spider-Man dodges every attack of Iron Man. He is just too fast for him. And don't tell me Iron Man has the artillery of a small army in his armor, or that he has infinite ammunition, because Iron Man will soon have nothing to fire anymore.

In most Iron Man comics I've read, there's always some problem : oh no, my suit is getting damaged, damn I'm low on energy, hey my repulsor beams don't work anymore, shit I'm out of ammo, oops a problem with my boot jets...

Kontraz
spider-man CANNOT dodge all of those missiles. Hell, whenever carnage fires off his spike deals, spidey usually takes MASSIVE damage. I think seeker missiles would do him in rather easily.

who?-kid
Carnage doesn't set off his spider-sense (most of times, though I have seen it the other way, but normally, he doesn't), so that doesn't count.

Against Iron Man, Spider-Man will have full access to his spider-sense.

Kontraz
his spider-sense alerts him to something comming, but it doesn't allow him to dodge it with more ease. How many times have ween seen spidey stand there and realize "my spider-sense is tingling" right before getting pummelled through a wall?

And besides the spider-sense doesn't increase his speed and agility in the least. He cannot dodge ALL of the missiles, and it would only take one connecting (or even exploding near him) to cause him to stall long enough of iron man to take him down the rest of the way.

who?-kid
Oh yes it does. It's more easy to dodge something you know (or feel) is coming.

Sure, but then again : how many times have we seen Spider-Man walking through death-traps like it's nothing, every reaction of his based on his spider-sense ?

I really don't see why he can't dodge every missile. The combination of his jumping ability, experience, spider-sense, agility and speed makes him a master-dodger ! He's famous for dodging, and has dodged more computer driven laser beams aiming at him (lots faster than rockets) than I can remember.

I don't say he will have it easy, far from it, but under normal conditions he dodges everything Iron Man fires at him. He has avoided sooooo much more bullets, laser beams, rockets, grenades, you name it than he actually has been hit by those.

Beyonder
Iron Man wins. C'mon, this is getting old. Iron Man wins. Geez people.

vitaldragon
Spiderman has the spider sense, so he can dodge basically any blast iron man gives him..Iron Man is just some guy in a robot suit, if his machine get's messed up, he's gone...I remember for the season finale of Spiderman iron man almost got a heart attack and his suit was messed up. All Spidey has to do is mess up his machine (and Parker is definitly smart enough to figure out how).

Beyonder
vitaldragon

Spiderman has the spider sense, so he can dodge basically any blast iron man gives him..Iron Man is just some guy in a robot suit, if his machine get's messed up, he's gone...I remember for the season finale of Spiderman iron man almost got a heart attack and his suit was messed up. All Spidey has to do is mess up his machine (and Parker is definitly smart enough to figure out how).

C'mon junior, Iron Man's armor was written damaged because otherwise he would've easily handled Skull, Smythe, and Octavious' ass all at once. That whole thing was all about Spidey and a lesson on leadership since he was going to led a team of Spidermen to save all realities.

Iron Man was the most power hero/individual there, followed by Storm. And Storm could have called forth a tornado to pick up those Cyberskulls that were attack the rebels.

In Iron Man's first appearence on that show, he and Venom were battling Mordo and Carnage with Dormammu later released then entered the battle as well. IM could've shut down the machine himself, but who then would be fighting both Mordo and Dormammu.

Even going by the cartoon version Spidey would get his ass beaten down. In the comics, IM also wins.

vitaldragon
Come on all Spidey has to do is mess with his robot suit and once it malfunctions all Iron Man's power is gone. Spiderman is the one with real powers, Iron man just uses a robot suit.

This is kind off-topic, but in that season finale, why didn't they put daredevil in instead of Captain America...it would've been waay cooler.

Beyonder
vitaldragon

Come on all Spidey has to do is mess with his robot suit and once it malfunctions all Iron Man's power is gone. Spiderman is the one with real powers, Iron man just uses a robot suit.

This is kind off-topic, but in that season finale, why didn't they put daredevil in instead of Captain America...it would've been waay cooler.

Then you really don't know Iron Man then. He's just not some guy in a robot suit. The guy is Class 85 meaning he can lift 85 tons. His enemies are guys like Fing Fang Foom, Crimson Dynamo, and Mandarin. Any of these guys would walk all over Octavious, Lizard, Green Goblin, Carnage, or Venom.

The didn't use Dare Devil 'cause he really isn't Skull's arch enemy. Spidey wanted someone who's the opposite of Skull - and Cap was the man for the job.

emraldguardian
This is dumb Iron Man wins , I mean Spiderman gets hit with pumpkin bombs im sure Iron man can hit him with his missles or lasers.

MERCILOUS
No he can't Spider man has webbing!!!

Cosmic Cube
:Bites Mercilous:

MERCILOUS
You bite.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by emraldguardian
This is dumb Iron Man wins , I mean Spiderman gets hit with pumpkin bombs

pumpkin bombs? thats it, iron man wins one eye

LordFear
How is Spiderman gonna dodge about sixty guided missiles locked on for his ass?
Man, can we give Tony some kind of credit? The guy fights Fing Fang Foom type villains.Mandarin, Dr Doom, living laser, Dynamo etc.

Creshosk
One punch from ironman and Spidey's out. Ironman wins

laughing

jinzin
this made it to page 5?

NUKES! nuff said.....

Zahit
Spiderman is not winning against Iron Man.
His agility and spider-sense WILL give IM a hard time,
but Iron Man has enough weoponry to not rely on trying
to hit Spiderman: sonics, thought-scramblers, etc.

jinzin
same reason taskmaster had to book ass after getting into it with IM....he knew if he stayed....well....bad bad things....

The MISTER
Iron man won't use missiles in a place where there are innocents and Spidey knows that... Another possibilty is that Spidey gets close enough to IM and slips a web cartridge in the mouth or eye holes..... Just a possibility cause he's used that tactic before.... He'll still have a very hard time beating IM but I don't think It's impossible...He has a fair chance because lightmaster was very powerful and could fly as well, and his projectile's moved at the speed of solid light (which may be the same as the speed of light for he said it was)Only the Spider sense kept him alive... So I'm undecided at the moment. See you guys later!!

MERCILOUS
The suit is space worthy, how is he gonna slip something into an "eye hole." That's the last time I argue with you about spiderman, it's obvious your blinded by raging fanboyism.

Arahan
Sad, but in a straight fight IM wins.
But Spidey would give him a good hard fight.

CorderaMitchell
This is a hard one seeing as these are my two favorite marvel characters.
Spidey ripped a 2020 Iron Man, true, and there was also a comic where wolvie took Iron Man As well.
Iron Man could go all out and win, IF spidey doesn't touch him,
But Spidey is a counter-attack and strategic master, he could probably web-whip larger projectiles back while dodging the small ones.

K3VIL
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
This is a hard one seeing as these are my two favorite marvel characters.
Spidey ripped a 2020 Iron Man, true, and there was also a comic where wolvie took Iron Man As well.
Iron Man could go all out and win, IF spidey doesn't touch him,
But Spidey is a counter-attack and strategic master, he could probably web-whip larger projectiles back while dodging the small ones.
Spider-Man will web whip nothing.IM's armor granted him to nearly hit the Whizzer, which can run above 200 Mph, and it was an old armor, the one he used to fight against Loki can emit a force field even able to block a bolt from a copy of Mjolnir, plus enhances his reflexes, mixed with his sensors and scanners this will grant him to finally hit Spidey K.O.ing him.

The MISTER
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
The suit is space worthy, how is he gonna slip something into an "eye hole." That's the last time I argue with you about spiderman, it's obvious your blinded by raging fanboyism.

laughing
Well you can see his eyeholes in a lot of his picture..lol laughing man I'm just throwing out possibilities to see if any stick... But you can't underestimate Spidey's ability to do unexpected and intelligent feats,and using combinations of his abilities to catch many powerful opponents off gaurd... I wouldn't give Spidey a win at %50 of the time though but that's my opinion...I am a Spidey fan though so I'd put money on Spider-man winning cool smokin'

CorderaMitchell
There was a fight between spidey and I think it was the human torch spidey web whipped missles or something back, it was mentioned on the Spidey vs. DD/Wolvie/Captain America poll, check it out and debate for yourself.

leonidas
i can't believe this thread made it this far. spidey is great - he's awesome! he is not in IM league, however. there is literally NOTHING spidey could do that could put IM down. his speed could buy him time to run and play hide and seek. his strength is no where near enough to damage IM. his webbing is not strong enough to hold IM. i'm not saying it's inconceiveable spidey somehows comes up with a great plan, or tricks IM somehow, but it would take some good writing to make the scenario truly believeable. IM has laser guided targeting (probably among the LEAST of his toys) and even spidey's not fast enough to evade that kind of tech for long. and IM is no novice - he's battled some of the biggest hitters in marvel.

unless there is some very special scenario, there's no way spidey takes IM.

CorderaMitchell
Iron Man armor does have its limits, he is shown being overwhelmed by questionable characters(WOLVIE for example) spiderman is an excellent strategist and can find a way, I'm not saying this will happen:

A huge glunk of web large enough to cover a bus in his thruster.

Hampering the weapon system, spidey's a genius you know.

A hard hit. laughing out loud

I'm just saying that IM has the definite advantage in long range, short range favors SM

The MISTER
Originally posted by leonidas
i can't believe this thread made it this far. spidey is great - he's awesome! he is not in IM league, however. there is literally NOTHING spidey could do that could put IM down. his speed could buy him time to run and play hide and seek. his strength is no where near enough to damage IM. his webbing is not strong enough to hold IM. i'm not saying it's inconceiveable spidey somehows comes up with a great plan, or tricks IM somehow, but it would take some good writing to make the scenario truly believeable. IM has laser guided targeting (probably among the LEAST of his toys) and even spidey's not fast enough to evade that kind of tech for long. and IM is no novice - he's battled some of the biggest hitters in marvel.

unless there is some very special scenario, there's no way spidey takes IM.
What he said. smokin'

The MISTER
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Iron Man armor does have its limits, he is shown being overwhelmed by questionable characters(WOLVIE for example) spiderman is an excellent strategist and can find a way, I'm not saying this will happen:

A huge glunk of web large enough to cover a bus in his thruster.

Hampering the weapon system, spidey's a genius you know.

A hard hit. laughing out loud

I'm just saying that IM has the definite advantage in long range, short range favors SM
What you said too.. smokin'

The MISTER
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
The suit is space worthy, how is he gonna slip something into an "eye hole." That's the last time I argue with you about spiderman, it's obvious your blinded by raging fanboyism. I like how you're trying to slink out of debate with me with at least a scrap of victory ( last word n' all laughing ) But I stated That I was undecided. I guess that would make me a raging fanboy and now mercilous won't debate with me anymore... laughing laughing

weepPlease forgive me man I really care so much!!
laughing

laughing

leonidas
<<I'm just saying that IM has the definite advantage in long range, short range favors SM>>

i know you think IM will win, and so do i, but i'm not sure of you were kidding with this bit. in close IM STILL has a huge advantage. spidey can't do any real harm to him - he might land some shots, but that's it. one shot from IM is all it would takr to effectively end it. it's why i think spidey is so outclassed here - he can't win up close OR from a distance.

CorderaMitchell
Yea but Spidey can adhere to surfaces quite well , all that fast ALIENS VS. PREDATOR SPEED he could find something to damage quickly or go beserk and rip the armor. mad

The MISTER
Spidey doesn't stand a very good chance of winning....all things considered...
A good way of looking at some of these fights is from the perspective of both combatants...for example If I were Iron Man I wouldn't lose to Spidey and If he jumped on me I'd fry him with enough voltage to make the hulk back his ass up!

leonidas
<<Yea but Spidey can adhere to surfaces quite well , all that fast ALIENS VS. PREDATOR SPEED he could find something to damage quickly or go beserk and rip the armor.>>

hmm, i'd disagree a little bit there. older armors have taken a pounding from the hulk - can't see spidey making much of a dent. i still say upclose he'd get hurt - bad. just might take a bit longer for IM to connect. but then again, if the computers enhance his reflexes as well as his strength . . .

LordFear
Originally posted by The MISTER
Iron man won't use missiles in a place where there are innocents and Spidey knows that... Another possibilty is that Spidey gets close enough to IM and slips a web cartridge in the mouth or eye holes..... Just a possibility cause he's used that tactic before.... He'll still have a very hard time beating IM but I don't think It's impossible...He has a fair chance because lightmaster was very powerful and could fly as well, and his projectile's moved at the speed of solid light (which may be the same as the speed of light for he said it was)Only the Spider sense kept him alive... So I'm undecided at the moment. See you guys later!!

First off, guided missiles will be sought out to destroy Spideyand Spidey alone assuming that this fight takes place in the air Tony will make sure that no one is around.And because Spidey will not want to endanger anyone also, he will be much quicker to take the missiles and avoid civilians getting hit on his account.
Second, I don't know what armor you are referring to, maybe his first bulky crapshit one, but his newer models have a thin cover that automatically covers his slits and will only respond to Tony's command.
The covers go on immediately after Tony is fully suited, heres another theory rejected

Zahit
C'mon guys......
No way is Spiderman beating Iron Man.

CorderaMitchell
O.K this Post is dead in 3,2,1 embarrasment boom

The MISTER
Originally posted by LordFear
First off, guided missiles will be sought out to destroy Spideyand Spidey alone assuming that this fight takes place in the air Tony will make sure that no one is around.And because Spidey will not want to endanger anyone also, he will be much quicker to take the missiles and avoid civilians getting hit on his account.
Second, I don't know what armor you are referring to, maybe his first bulky crapshit one, but his newer models have a thin cover that automatically covers his slits and will only respond to Tony's command.
The covers go on immediately after Tony is fully suited, heres another theory rejected ....and quite a bit late I might add.. smokin'

CorderaMitchell
Sexy

Adam Warlock
Iron Man wins.

olympian
Iron Man. Easily. at. that.

Mindship
Y'know, as much as I love Spiderman...Ironman's got some serious raw power here. Spiderman would have to fight smart and use a lotta tactics, but even then, Tony ain't no slouch in the tactical department, either. I could see how this fight could be written with Spiderman winning. But my gut says, Shellhead beats Webhead at least 5/10.

Jose123
iron man. easily.

if there's PIS and CIS then then pete lures Ironman to a construction site and either dumbs a crane,or cement on him.

thesilverspider
I'm one of the biggest spidey fans here and I say that Ironman wins 15/10 spidey only wins with some major pis/cis.

inamilist
Originally posted by thesilverspider
I'm one of the biggest spidey fans here and I say that Ironman wins 15/10 spidey only wins with some major pis/cis.

i unfortunatly have to agree with this 400%

if only though smile

seeing him school the avengers, with thor, is always nice big grin

cheap cabbage
Iron man repulses spiderman into the concrete. Spiderman has made a good showing against iron man on the one occasion where he was still wearing the symbiote. Otherwise, current spidey gets wrecked.

jacobo0o
iron man wins 10/10

jacobo0o
unless hes drunk fighting

willRules
Im a fan of spidey but Iron-man wins this 9/10

HigH ScholaR
Iron mans wins a garanteed 9/10 and yep possible 10/10

who?-kid
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Iron man repulses spiderman into the concrete. Spiderman has made a good showing against iron man on the one occasion where he was still wearing the symbiote. Otherwise, current spidey gets wrecked.
Symbiote didn't make him stronger. It made Brock stronger, but not Peter Parker.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by who?-kid
Symbiote didn't make him stronger. It made Brock stronger, but not Peter Parker.

You kidding me? Spiderman states himself that the suit augmented everyone of his powers. He went from a class 10 to 50 on the suit during the secret wars. The damn thing also gave him unlimited webbing and the weird "turn into other clothes ability".

who?-kid
You kidding me? Spiderman states himself that the suit augmented everyone of his powers. He went from a class 10 to 50 on the suit during the secret wars.
No he didn't.

Unlimited webbing ? Hardly. The clothes ability is true, but that doesn't exactly make him stronger.

Arahan
When did he ever state that the symbiote makes him stronger?
He did it in the 90s cartoon show but the whole show was BS compared to the comics.

In the comics he had the cloaking/clothe change ability and the webbing.
Nothing else.

Boozing
iron man

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by who?-kid
No he didn't.

Unlimited webbing ? Hardly. The clothes ability is true, but that doesn't exactly make him stronger.

It was able to generate webbing, so as long as the symbiote got fed, it could make it. Spidey didnt wear webshooters when he was using the black suit. That is a bona-fide fact. Now I may be wrong about teh strength thing, but check any website official or non, and it will tell u the symbiote generated webs. Nonetheless, iron man still particle beams spidey's arms off

who?-kid
It was able to generate webbing, so as long as the symbiote got fed, it could make it. Spidey didnt wear webshooters when he was using the black suit. That is a bona-fide fact.
Of course it's a fact. I never argued about that. It's just not unlimited.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Arahan
When did he ever state that the symbiote makes him stronger?
He did it in the 90s cartoon show but the whole show was BS compared to the comics.

In the comics he had the cloaking/clothe change ability and the webbing.
Nothing else. In the Ultimates he got stronger from it, but thats it... I think he *gave* the symbiote the powers that then went to brock...

RUNMAN
SpiderMan owes IronMan a lot what with MJ and Aunt May living in Starks place...

They're really close friends now, but if push comes to shove, I'm putting my money on SpiderMan!

Why? Because Spidey has the will to transcend adversity... He has inspiration and powers enough to beat the IronMan.

SpiderMan's skills, powers and talents are still undeterminable up to date as he continues to evolve...

On the other hand, IronMan's is...

TheKahn
Originally posted by RUNMAN
SpiderMan owes IronMan a lot what with MJ and Aunt May living in Starks place...

They're really close friends now, but if push comes to shove, I'm putting my money on SpiderMan!

Why? Because Spidey has the will to transcend adversity... He has inspiration and powers enough to beat the IronMan.

SpiderMan's skills, powers and talents are still undeterminable up to date as he continues to evolve...

On the other hand, IronMan's is...

blink

RUNMAN
Just my thoughts on the matter... freelancing a bit hehe

Tony Stark
Originally posted by The MISTER
laughing
Well you can see his eyeholes in a lot of his picture..lol laughing man I'm just throwing out possibilities to see if any stick... But you can't underestimate Spidey's ability to do unexpected and intelligent feats,and using combinations of his abilities to catch many powerful opponents off gaurd... I wouldn't give Spidey a win at %50 of the time though but that's my opinion...I am a Spidey fan though so I'd put money on Spider-man winning cool smokin'

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Outside of the classic grey or gold armor "original" Iron Man beats Spider-Man 10/10 a suit that can take punches from The HULK can take anything Spideys got for months.

And now with the EXTREMIS armor which hasn't been shown anywhere yet but in Invincible Iron Man #1-#6. Iron Mans physical reactions and movements are just as fast if not faster than Spider-Man let alone all of his armor and weaponary and shields working at the speed of thought now that they are all wired straight to his brain. Iron Man would be able to take out Spider-man whenever he would like to.

cool

samishe
Hate to admit but Tony wins 9/10. I'm spider fan and i got used to see him winning every battle. But it's ironman. Peter could win 1/10 only if he gets lucky.

MrHeavySilence
Spidey; he was smart enough to take Namor down.

TheKahn
Unless Stark has fallen off the wagon drunk, IM wins 10/10.

zbucsz
The new spiderman vs ironman who do u guys think will win......i say ironman cuz he gave spiderman the new look and prob knows at weak spot for it

H. S. 6
Iron-Man designed the damn costume. He takes Spidey down hard.

zbucsz
and im talkin about if they wanted to kill each other 2 no holding back

badabing
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Iron-Man designed the damn costume. He takes Spidey down hard.
Cosigned, plus it's been done.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f47/t14753.html

H. S. 6
I know.

Mindship
Iron Man, especially with Bugsquisher armor.

zbucsz
i looked to see if there was another thread i guess i must of missed it

badabing
Originally posted by zbucsz
i looked to see if there was another thread i guess i must of missed it
I usually just Google it. The search on KMC sometimes doesn't work. cool

Mindship
Originally posted by badabing
...The search on KMC sometimes doesn't work. cool

Perhaps I can help.

What I've discovered recently is that you have to first be in the "forum neighborhood," so to speak, for the search function to work.

In other words, as an example, you can't be on the forum home page, to search for a Versus thread. You need to be in the Comic Book Versus Forum first for such a search to be successful.

IronKnight101
Extremis Iron Man would definitely beat Spider-Man in a one-on-one brawl.

MrHeavySilence
That's f'ed up, I'm liking Tony less and less.

ST0RM SHAD0W
Iron Man wins

bigbran
iron man no prob.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>