Counting Game Threads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
seriously now people. What the f**k is happening to this place? Those threads and "I love ____" t-shirt threads are turning the KMC toilet into the betty ford clinic for junkies....

§pearhead
Heh, you beat me to the punch, Link...

seriously though, there's way too many counting games. Count in binary code! Count by twos! Ugh...

Fëanor
lets not forget all those damn polls about certain members whether they are hot or not or so on and so on...hmmph!

what about a poll of me? huh? do i not have feelings too??? stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah there are alot of "similar" threads around

The Innkeeper
Well the counting threads are liked by some, and your opinion cannot overule theirs.
The threads arent similar in the content, only in nature
As Binary, hexadecimal, and normal counting are completely different

Remember-Its not just your forum, perhaps some people like posting in those threads, as everything else in the OTF is utter rubbish lately

Dexx
and has always been smile

i'm glad someone else notices....in fact, i think this month i can celebrate a full year since not stepping into the otf.

it's full of that crap, and always has been. what can i say....the guyz like to count smile..i assume it's fun fun fun, as soon as you learn how....so let's show some compassion in that area stick out tongue

Linkalicious
*gives sauron a cookie*

Thanks sweet heart! Now go run along and count with the rest of your little friends. Dinner will be ready in ....oh...say....about another 30 minutes. happy

Fëanor
^^have to agree with that

Linkalicious
hey....some people get their kicks learning to count. Others get their kicks b!tching about stupid people. To each their own. big grin

Clovie
cry

Linkalicious
you said it yourself Clovie....you only participate to increase your thread count.

Do you get a cracker jack prize or something for being KMC's most pointless poster? Atleast Irene and Yers have content in their posts...

Clovie
i've been kidding. mad

and now you makes me feel stupid and pointless... and even worse.
thankyou very much.

Dexx
err...u might wanna take that back about yerss stick out tongue

The Innkeeper
Do you get one for using all the attitude?

Linkalicious
yes yes

and i get another for being a dick.

But atleast I'm the dick that's willing to say how extremely stupid some threads are...

Why not take a free "I hate Link" T-shirt while you're at it. Free of charge. wink

Clovie
i used to like you cry

Linkalicious
It's ok, i still like you.

It's good to know that you only liked me when i agreed with your stance on an issue. Guess my idea of friends is different than yours...

The Innkeeper
confused Wow, its weird how you can say something like that, over something as trivial as a misunderstanding of threads..

Well what would you rather was there?

Linkalicious
what point are you making?

I'm not talking about replacing the counting threads with something else....i'm seeing how many people other than myself see them to be pointless and stupid.

Spearhead agreed with me, so I'm content.

and i'm not the one that said "i used to like you" so i don't see why you're questiong my comment. I still like Clovie, it's her decision to not like me.

Sauron
Who said i was questioning -your- comment?

Dont jump to conclusions.

Well im in the OTF and if i take away the Counting and Shirt threads
nobody seems to be making anything different, or attempting to make other topics

Linkalicious
Sorry to go jumping down your throat on that Sauron. I just kinda felt like you sided with her on the argument, so i made the mistake of assuming that comment was directed at me. embarrasment

What happens when those threads are gone? Someone else makes a different kind of thread. OTF threads are always Flavor-of-the-Week threads.

Whether it's "who likes me?" threads, "vampire threads", "sexual threads", "crush threads"....you name it. The only constant thing in that thread is change. Once the counting threads are gone........boom.....change.

yerssot
see, I can give an easy answer on that:

t-shirt threads: one was popular I take, and others wanted to jump the wagon and gain their part of popularity

counting threads: been said a few times that the OTF is a toilet, well, with the all fun counting and alphabet games, people want to prove that they still have intelligence wink

dave123
who about if you don't like the thread... you don't post in them?

dave123
quite the contrary: silver's thread being the second is more popular than misha's origianal

Sauron
Well its hard if they are the only threads isnt it

dave123
make your own decent ones

WindDancer
That's always an option. If you don't find the thread interesting just don't post in them.

Linkalicious
I don't go in the threads, but now you're basically asking me to quit bitching about dumbass threads.

Why don't you just cut my legs off while you're at it. wink

yerssot
good, I could use a new pair

dave123
if you don't like the threads, just think of your own decent ones

Clovie
not what i meant. no

dave123
I'd link to bring to your attention Link's previous attempts at making this place better thumb up

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t291403.html

Jedi Priestess
^^^^^^^^
clovie..that sig is kinda frightening

as for the OTF I have come to the opinion that 90% of the peeps in there are kids, and this is the kind of content kids like to post....I will wander in there occasionally when I am bored but if they want to bog down the OTF with those kinds of threads so be it.....just as long as they dont drag that stuff into the other forums..... smile

Linkalicious
and that thread served it's purpose quite nicely...

Honestly...did you know that 3/4 of the people who entered that thread had a longer "pointer" toe...than a big toe???

Stupid as it may be....Atleast it was original. How many foot threads are in the OTF??? now...how many counting threads are there?

dave123
you enjoy facts about people's feet, some people enjoy counting in binary... we're all different

Raz
If it wasn't for those threads, what exactly would be in the OTF?

Two options - a) Don't post in those threads and hope they disappear
b) Start using the GDF for on-topic discussions.

dave123
yeah, what i said happy

yerssot
how come that link is the one dissing the OTF instead of me actually?

Dexx
laughing out loud

dave123
Link man, grow up. when you present your argument you're all serious, even swearing to emphasize a point. as soon as i criticize you, it suddenly becomes a joke as you try to get away from it roll eyes (sarcastic)

if you're gonna start an argument, at least do it properly stick out tongue

yerssot
wanna pick a fight with me dave? stick out tongue

silver_tears
Whoa I think you guys need to calm down yes

As Raz said what would the OTF be without those threads? I mean really, the GDF is the same thing basically, but if you do want on-tofic discussions start them there, let the OTF fulfill it's destiny stick out tongue

Granted there are times when it decreases in intelligence, but that too changes. It goes up and down, the counting games will pass and the next wave you may like more.

Not to mention, there are two t-shirt threads yes
Mine was just to make fun of Misha's, it's for fun, lighten up.

dave123
not you stick out tongue link

but i'll start a fight with you other something else if you want mad

yerssot
I was gonna say Fire likes to pick one, I'm a pure angel happy

dave123
boxing i don't mind, really

yerssot
me being an angel?

dave123
that just makes it easier for me

yerssot
I'll tell

Linkalicious
you went shifting through all the threads i've ever made and pulled a "big toe" thread out of your hat. That thread was a complete joke, and every time i think about the day i made that thread, i can't help but smile or smirk.

Go find a duplicate thread, or a thread where the primary post counts consists of "1, 2, 3, 4, 5.......etc" that i am responsible for and maybe....just maybe, i will be able to take you seriously.

ooooooo....i sweared, heaven forbid a 21 year old use colorful language infront of minors. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Properly? damn you brits and your properness. There's nothing "proper" about this arguement. When dumbass Vampire threads ran the OTF rampid...what did people do?

Didn't they come in hear, open a thread, and voice their opinion? And didn't it produce results?

I honestly fail to see how multiple Vampire threads is in any way worst than having multiple counting threads. But that's just me.....being improper. stick out tongue

yerssot
I don't remember there being a complaint about the vampire threads in this section blink

but that's just me ... being impropor too roll eyes (sarcastic)

Linkalicious
ok regardless of how that decision was made.

how are multiple counting threads different than multiple vampire threads.

roman numerals, binary, or normal counting....they are all the exact same.

It's ironic, that everyone defends it. But if 2-4 more number threads pop up in the OTF....you'll all be in here bitching about it. Take care everyone, i'm done defending my case for a couple of hours.

yerssot
I'm sorry, but I know no matter how hard I nag about some stupidities you see in the OTF or how much they try and keep posting stuff that belongs in other sections there... I just know that I'll tire myself with saying "post in this thread or that" and "look there"
just let it go, let them have it, cause hey... they don't care, many other OTF'ers don't care and certainly the mods don't give a damn about what you think or want

dave123
my referal to your swearing was that when you were making the argument, you used it to illustrate a point, but didn't use it when refering to my point.

all i'm saying is... some people like those kind of threads, and some people don't. you don't like them? don't post there.

got a better solution, i'd like to hear it (notice this is proper use of the word "hear). perhaps a mod? nope no not worth it. perhaps the globals can just close duplicate threads? no, that wouldn't work either because then you'd just get more threads popping up to complain.

or perhaps we go full out and just ban anyone that isn't a stiffed upper-lipper member that only makes 100% original threads?

Agent Elrond
I can't think of any more ways to count, other than octal and duodecimal, and maybe trinary. As some ppl said, don't post in thread you don't like. As for the vampire htreads, they were nearly the same. All the counting games are different, each one is ina different base. U can't combine them

dave123
*goes to open a primary number counting thread* eek!

§pearhead
Right AE, we all know they're differnent methods of counting, but for all intents and purposes, you're still counting. I mean, how vital is it for you to count in 4 different ways?

Agent Elrond
someone made a decimal counting game. Now that's going too far

Linkalicious
Dave I'm not gonna bother "arguing" with you. Time will prove my point better than anything.

decimal counting game....what's next? should i create one or two more counting games....that's only 2 more....adding up to atleast 6. Would that drive my point home for ya?

yerssot
no, but it could attract more traffic to the OTF wink

dave123
God has spoken, let'd just leave it at that

Raz
How many games are there? Four?

You know the OTF lists 50 threads on the first page. Can't you just ignore those four threads for the time being.

Some people enjoy those threads, and to be honest, I don't really have a problem with them.

Linkalicious
Raz, sir, I'm done with my bitching? Your word is final...if and when you are ready. Stomp the foot down and close this thread.

I pitched my b!tch, it's been brought to your attention, and I'm sure that if, for some reason, several more similiar threads are created...then something will be done. But in the mean time...i'm done complaining.

Thanks for your time. big grin

BackFire
Yeah, that shirt trend is stupid, but what are you going to do? Not breaking any rules of any kind. Eventually the trend will deteriorate, just in time for another stupid trend.

Plus, it's all going on in the OTF, that place is meant for the crappy threads. Hence the reason why I barely go in there.

yerssot
they're not worthy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.