A Moral Quandry.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
There are many people on these boards still in some form of school, and the rest of us have all BEEN in school. My question is simple. Have you ever cheated in school, did you get caught, do you regret it and would you do it again. Please note.......this doesnt just include tests. I am talking about stolen test answers, plagiarized papers, looking at your neighbors test, having someone else do you homework etc etc. Please be honest with your answers, its not like you are gonna get turned in. And Im quite sure 50% of ya have done this in some form or another. But, Id really like to know people's thoughts on this.

My answer is that I never did but the thought did cross my mind. Must have been the future teacher in me that prevented it. wink

Darth Revan
Yes, I've looked at other people's tests or the textbook for answers... But I've never stolen answers or had somebody else do my homework. Gotten help for it, if you count that as cheating.

Dexx
pfhah!..stick out tongue
yes, ofcourse i've cheated. i still am ins chool...but so far i am "guilty of every school cheating crime there is a law for" big grin

this includes peeking during tests at my better trained coleagues, plagiating homeworks...even having someone else do my homework. no worries i do homeworks to other people also, if i know how (usually at english). But it's nothing unusual back here....some tests are ..colective, whether the teacher likes it or not

Darth Revan
IMO this isn't a matter of morals, because if you cheat on a test, nobody's going to get hurt because of it. I've never played by the rules all the time... The way I see it, there are some things that can only possibly hurt one person if they go wrong--myself. It's more a matter of just being able to survive... Yeah, you're going to say, "why don't you just study". I never cheat unless I absolutely have to in order to pass. Everybody makes mistakes, teachers have to understand that their students are only human.

Tptmanno1
Yes, I have cheated. But mainly in spanish because my teacher was Phyco and stuff.
Oh, and on vocabulary tests. Those are pointless!
But Like DR, its not a habit, Only when i Absolutly HAVE to pass then I will seek aid.

HockeyHorror
only cheated in Spanish once in a while. other classes are easy.

stupid spanish teacher. CRACK HEAD!!

Agent Elrond
Sometimes, my friends an I do different parts of the HW and we swap answers. Is that cheating? Depends. It's not as bad as stealing answers from tests

lady T
yes i cheated on a test. but i was no big deal. i really didn't count for much of a grade

Dexx
besides...you american folk have waaay easier school program than us stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
now see this is where I beg to differ with you. In my opinion you are hurting yourself by cheating. I mean where does one decide to take the low road so to speak for a grade? And AE I dont think thats all that bad. But people (not necessarily anyone of you that have posted) who go about cheating when they are too lazy to do the work themselves, are going to be missing something IMHO.

Silver Stardust
At my school, we called it cooperative learning laughing out loud

Yeah, I guess I did...but it wasn't anything like copying off of other people's tests...I only did stuff like borrowing and copying a friend's homework. Unlike everyone else in my German classes, who'd cheat on every single vocab quiz (once a week for four years, and the teacher NEVER noticed...kinda sad on the teacher's part, actually...).

Clovie
it would be rather unable to go thruogh school w/out cheating.
at least here. everyone does it and teachers know it.
and we know if we are allowed to cheat or not.
it depends how important the particular test is confused

yerssot
I admit! I cheated my school with the next-door school sad

Baylin
I never cheated, in lessons or tests. But then I found school to be very easy and boring so I quite often went AWOL. Still passed my main exams though smile

Spicy_Mchaggis
me and my buddy sat next to each other in math class so we would give each other the answers to our homework. im not sure thats cheating.

finti
in the end the only one fooled by cheating is the cheater

§words point
hey who dosent cheat on tests?

furryman
I've used other people coursework for help, copied (reworded and rearranged) sections I really had trouble with, but everyone does that.

And we always copied my friend-who-likes-french's french homework.

finti
never cheated, never had to. Either you come prepared or you dont. Take it as it comes

DarkPheonix
I used to always cheat on my vocab/spelling tests.... their over now so I cant.... uhg, vocab*shudders*

BloomBabyGirl
well im dyslexic and lazy so i cheat alot in school. i just dont wanna work twice as hard as the other kids so since i sit in the back of the room i sput pappers under my tests or next to my on he ground and i never get caught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.