Where the Buffalo Roam..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I finally got around to seeing the companion movie, while being made in 1980, to "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", called "Where the Buffalo Roam", starring Bill Murray.

It's pretty much the same premise as "Fear", where Hunter S. Thompson sets out to cover Super Bowl 6, in 1968, I believe, and trust me..he doesn't make it, lol.

I didn't plan on spoiling the movie, but if you haven't seen it, and enjoyed Johnny Depp's embodiment of the Dr. Gonzo character, I'm pretty sure you'll like this one. Murray doesn't portray him as neurotic and on edge, but he's still got the look, mannerism, and even voice down.

It's a movie you more so experience, than really watch. It's just watching Thompson at work, and it's silly fun.

Myth
Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if my local Blockbuster carries it.

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I finally got around to seeing the companion movie, while being made in 1980, to "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", called "Where the Buffalo Roam", starring Bill Murray.

It's pretty much the same premise as "Fear", where Hunter S. Thompson sets out to cover Super Bowl 6, in 1968, I believe, and trust me..he doesn't make it, lol.

I didn't plan on spoiling the movie, but if you haven't seen it, and enjoyed Johnny Depp's embodiment of the Dr. Gonzo character, I'm pretty sure you'll like this one. Murray doesn't portray him as neurotic and on edge, but he's still got the look, mannerism, and even voice down.

It's a movie you more so experience, than really watch. It's just watching Thompson at work, and it's silly fun. this movie is a instant favorite for me, just watched it today, and fekking loved it.. But i'm a huge fan of HST and Fear, and any other book he has done...Bill Murray does a more realistic HST than J. Depp. I mean, this is actually about HST's life, when he goes to superbowl 6!!! and when he covers the election of 72.
Depp did the charecter from the book fear and loathing, the only charecter in WTBR was HST at his best times in life. In Fear, his name is Raoul Duke, which was in fact Thompson, he used that name when he would go into a Republican national convention, because the republicans knew HST and knew what he stood for.
So if you want to see what HST was really like, or what he portrays himself as...wait....wow, i just confused myself. here...if you want to see HST as his alter ego see Fear...Depp is awesome, and so is Del Toro.
But see WTBR if you want to see that guy that plays Raymonds dad on "everbody loves raymond"....you can see him with hair eek!.....it was truely an exellent movie big grin

Myth
Is the guy who plays Raymond's dad Del Toro's character? If so, that would be awesome.

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, both are Laslo.

Myth
God, I want to see that but there are no places to rent it from.

Cinemaddiction
You could just buy it for $9. It's worth it, I think I've seen it 4 times now, so if I ever saw it cheap/used, I'd grab it.

tabby999
me thinks i might have to look into this one

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I've been trying to find a copy of 'Where The Buffalo Roam' for about 6 years! It was discontinued on VHS, but I see it has now been released on DVD...

I always thought a young Murray as Hunter would be perfect...

Cinemaddiction
Anchor Bay released it, then it went out of print in 2003, then they re-released it earlier this year. I'm pretty sure there's only an R1, but everyone across the pond has a Region free player, I'd assume. $9 is a great deal.

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Anchor Bay released it, then it went out of print in 2003, then they re-released it earlier this year. I'm pretty sure there's only an R1, but everyone across the pond has a Region free player, I'd assume. is a great deal. I got mine for 6 dollars of of ebay big grin...gotta love ebay...

never opened for some reason erm...brilliant movie..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.