Superman should have fought Thor not the Hulk!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Well we Marvel vs DC was done some time back and the mega match between Superman and The Hulk was fought which superman won.....

But i think it should have been the Thor, according to Marvel.com the Thunder god's average abilities is 5.333(i did calculate) compare to Hulk's 4.667. What you think?

Arachnoidfreak
1. Superman fights Thor in JLA/Avengers. 2. What's done is done. Not like ranting in this thread is going to change that fact.

Alpha Centauri
I think Thor clocked Superman on his overly dented chin with Mjolnir an sent him on his way.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Yea, and then Superman beat him into unconsciousness in the next issue. Everyone always seems to forget that part...

Alpha Centauri
Never forgot it, just stated Thor did that.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
o he might of got a hit on superman but then superman beat him down but when he had thors hammer and caps shield that was tight as crap.

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't even want Captain America's shield if he offered it to me. Mjolnir is a different matter though.

-AC

moshtitan
if i coild handle Mjolnir i would use it.....IF being the key word there.

SUPERMANDAMAN
whatever caps shield is awsome just to have it not to mention think how hard superman could throw that thing.

moshtitan
thats true, but im sure theres not much me or Alpha could do with it.

Alpha Centauri
What you talking about Mosh? I'd hoof the shield around like a crazy man. Play frisbee with it.

-AC

manjaro
I havent read that crossover with Supes and Thor, but from my POV if I was asked randomly would be Thor, simply becuase he's got the whole llighting thing. Not that he just has control over lightining the way Storm does mutantly, but he was mystically empowered by Odin so I think that would givw him the Advantage

moshtitan
ya, your right. play a little fetch with your pet elephant.

Jargon343
I think everyone would do well to just forget Marvel vs. DC. The fan voted nature of it made it retarded when it could have been something cool. Wolverine beats Lobo? Really...

vu_Quang
Cap's shield is the coolest. i mean it doesnt break you can block bullets, wear it on your back like a ninja turtle. i mean come on it's so freakin awesome!!!!

Darth Jello
personally, I'd like to see the shortest fight of all time-supers vs. dr. strange. I don't think there'll be an residual supermen this time though.

SUPERMANDAMAN
justice league versus avengers wasnt fan voted was it?

Magee
No lol.
I think a lot of people would like to think it was when it came to Superman beating on Thor, tbh i dont know why so many people dislike Superman, oo red panties and blue spandex.... shut the **** up is wat i say, why u dont like him? coz he dont run around in a bat costume making gadgets with his 325IQ?
nah im just joking, rock on blink

SUPERMANDAMAN
O heck yea superman beat down thor and now noone can say that was fan voted bs. Everyone dont seem to like him because they think that he is to cheasy of a character because they think he is so tough or something when there are tons of people alot stronger than superman.

Magee
Yea but a lot of people will say that Superman got lucky or that he shouldnt of beat him because Thor's hammer can absorb his heat vision and Superman is weak against magic, u can never win. Even if Superman walked up to Thor punched a hole through him and layed into him until he was unrecognisable there would still be someone who'd say oo he got lucky or Thor was weakened blink

Alpha Centauri
Magee,

As far as making excuses as to why their favourite character lost, you really can't get worse than Superman fans. Fact. It's been proven on this board multiple times. Superman is a cheap character overall. It's recognised, pretty much comic canon.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
Yea but why is superman a cheap character when marvel has character like silver surfur, thanos all can beat superman so why arent they cheap????????

Alpha Centauri
Silver Surfer isn't cheap. He can and has been beaten. He has normal set of powers. He doesn't have heat vision or shit like that for no reason.

Thanos isn't cheap. They give him reasons why he can beat everyone. It's normally part of a story like The Infinity Gauntlet or The End.

Superman is just cheap and good at winning by default coz he was created when people needed a hero.

Let's not turn this into another thread of me whooping your arguments please. There's already been about 3.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
First off Superman can be beatin and second the only thing u can beat is ur dick.

SUPERMANDAMAN
all this is is u being biased against superman.

Arachnoidfreak

moshtitan
i got nothing against Superman, i just dont prefer him on general.

Magee
Yes Arachnoidfreak is 100% correct. How many marvel superheros do u know who defend the world by themselves? i cant think of any. It is mostly protected by a group of people, Avengers, fantastic 4, xmen and what have you. For this reason there is no need for any of them to be super powered to the max as they work as a group. Sure you could say the same about the JLA but Superman was protecting the world before the JLA came about. In that sense superman needed the sort of power he had to defend the earth against powerful enemies.

Sure i know theres people who hate superman coz of this and many other reasons, i can understand that so lets not argue about it.

Jargon343
Even when he is with them, heh. Most JLA w/ Superman comics I've read consist of the entire JLA getting their asses beaten and then being saved by Superman.

moshtitan
thats just how it goes...JLA are a bunch of whimps.

Alpha Centauri
"How many marvel superheros do u know who defend the world by themselves? i cant think of any."

I can't either because I can't think of another comics company who make all their heroes God for some reason.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
All the need is GL and Superman and thats about the team.

Magee
A bunch of wimps? MM, WonderWoman, Flash, GL, by them selves r heros not to be taking lightly, dunno how the JLA is a bunch of wimps. wink

Victor Von Doom
Something about mainstream DC always seems sucky to me. I do want to like it, as it would widen the possible things I would like to read.

moshtitan
i was only joking in reference to supes usally saving their butts.

Alpha Centauri
The thing that turns me away from mainstream DC comics save for the couple I do like is that it seems more likely that evil has a chance in Marvel.

DC are far too centered around good over evil.

-AC

Gregory
Well, I haven't read that much JLA, but of the ones I have read...

JLA 33: Superman barely is involved; he watches over some "sleeping" White Martians while some of the more minor JLA members take care of one that's woken up.

JLA 47--54: This is the Divided We Fall story; it's a team effort, but the people I'd give the most credit to for that victory are Plastic Man (who gathered the team), Wonder Woman (whose spirit causes the heroes to fuse back with their alter egoes), and Flash (who contains the enemy).

JLA 55--58: Terror Incognito (or something like that); this is very much a Martian Manhunter story; the whole JLA fight, but he's the one who saves the day, with help from Atom.

JLA 59: Batman saves the day

JLA 60: N/A (a Christmas story told by Plastic Man where Santa saves the day)

JLA 62--64: Golden Perfect; a Wonder Woman story, basically; Superman does not save the day.

JLA 65: the only JLA members in this issue are Plastic Man and Batman

JLA 66--75: Obsidion Age; a massive story in which a variety of heroes (many of whom aren't even in the normal JLA) save the day. Extra credit goes to Batman (who's forsight ensured that the Earth was defended after the JLA was destroyed) and Green Lantern (I honestly can't remember what he did, but it was important). Anyway, Superman does not save the day.

JLA 94--98 (I think): The Tenth Circle; my god, this is a bad story. Anyway, Martian Manhunter to the the rescue (in fact, Superman was controlled by the enemy for most of this story).

So in summary: Listed above are all the JLA comics I've read; Superman is in all of them, but not one of them follows the formula you outline.

joesha28
Yes it was not, but DC would not let Superman lose to someone of another comic book. U see supes lost to Lobo, Eradicator or even Batman....but not to someone from the Marvel Universe, so marval allowed Thor to lose cos he is popular but unknowingly popular! Thor is under-rated in that book (hey he is the toughest is marvel, according to stats!). His Anti-force is some kind of Magic. Superman is weak to magic like a human. He has better aerial prowness, faster than Thor ( thor use Mjolnir to fly). But Thor has beaten Gladiator.....someone as equal to supes in marvel. Thor's strenght on par to Supes. But thor's fighting skills is better.

joesha28
And pls read my Q

joesha28
My question is different, what u guys are discussing is getting out of point....

SUPERMANDAMAN
But Thor didnt know that supermans weakness was magic so he couldnt exploit it i mean if he would of know he prolly would of won.

Magee
I think at the end of the crossover just before they were going to fight Krona Thor did know his weakness.
Conversation between Aquaman and Thor.

Thor - "A dire purpose yes. But what an assemblage the finest of two worlds with our unparaleld might and thy noble fire."

Aquaman - "Your might, hm our fire? I might reverse those two after all, Superman and you..."

Thor - "Aye. But i have his measure now and another bout might well hold surprises for the...Kryptonian, you said?"

Kind of suggests he knows his weakness or either he just knows how he works. Not sure.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Maybe but all i gots to say is it wasnt fan voted thank God Happy Dance

moshtitan
he wouldnt really have to know i wouldnt think....i mean the guy uses his MAGICAL hammer as one of his main attacks.

SUPERMANDAMAN
but if u think about it superman isnt going to be like a sh*t that thing is magic i lose no first off he has to hit with the hammer and i only think i saw him do that once and one hit from that is not enough to put him down second thor may command lighting but it dont make it magic lightning.

joesha28
Maybe not....magic lightning, but magic hammer should have done some damage. Thor losing to Supes in such a way is silly. Wizards magazine said so too. Is just that, marvel had to signed that last-man standing deal with DC.

Now get back to my question Please...

SUPERMANDAMAN
but im saying how many times did he hit superman with the hammer its not like when superman gets near magic he starts to cripple up or whatever its not kryptonite

Magee
I think he only hit him once with his hammer but it was one hell of a hit.

SUPERMANDAMAN
yea and it phased it him pretty bad but it wasnt enough to put him down

Magee
yea... anyway i dont see where this threads going lol.

Alpha Centauri
"Maybe but all i gots to say is it wasnt fan voted thank God "

Yeah. Fan voting is BS isn't it? I really don't like fan voting as I said before when you denied it mattered.

One hammer blow from Thor phased Superman REAL REAL badly.

Almost no one can take that shit and not be hurt. He came back though but as said, they needed the deal.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.