Spider-Man Games Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nightcrawer89
this game sounds cool dose any one know when it will come out for game cube.it looked just like the movie dose any one have any game in fo that could help. cool sad evil face

Jason420
its gonna have lizard and doc ock and you can walk on street and bust muggers and i think it comes out in a couple of months

nightcrawer89
ok cool i can't wait

Zephonim
Gamecube: Pre-Order: Ships on 6/28/2004
XBox: Pre-Order: Ships on 6/28/2004
PS2: Pre-Order: Ships on 6/28/2004

nightcrawer89
thanks that is really helpful

Red Superfly
Yeah you don't have to follow a set path like that last one. You can go up to people needing assistance and help them out and solve crimes. I think these side missions would be set "around" the main story.

Looks great, and from the video I've seen you cannot "fly" web-sling like in the last one - because the webbing has to hit things and you see the webbing grab onto walls and stuff. So no more webslinging ABOVE the skyscrapers.

nightcrawer89
is the frist game good or is it not worth buying i am a spider-man fan and i am just wondering because i jave never played.

Red Superfly
I sold mine - if I had to recommend a Spiderman game I'd go for the older PlayStaion versions based on the comic books.

In those you get to fight with Venom, Dock Ock, Carnage, Carnage-Ock, Scorpion, Mysterio, Rhino etc and even come across Black Cat and Daredevil if my memory still serves me correctly.

In fact, technically that new one based on the first movie is the same game. Same special moves and everything and not even as fun.

Also, inexplicably, you have "web limits" in the movie game, which doesn't work because in the movie he has organic webbing. In the PS1 game it works because he has the web shooters cos its the comics Spidey.

The enemies suck, they are all gangsters or ROBOTS!?! The cool thing is though at the end of the game you can play as the Green Goblin and fly around on his glider. You play as Harry and the "enemy" Green Goblin is some lame imposter and the story sucks. It's fun for five minutes.

I was just sick of the same moves again. There is literally no inventiveness in that latest one, its still the same game from the first one on Playstation.

nightcrawer89
i have a playstion so i loved the movie would i like the frist game or would i hate it.

Zephonim
The first game was definatley one of the better Spider-Man games ever made.

nightcrawer89
i don't have a playtion is what i meant.cool thanks i am video game player but i don't know whitch ones are good or not so thank you.

Ock
Actually the games scheduled to be released on June 11th smile

Zephonim
The date I got was from EBGames.com. This game will be wicked better than the first one. It's like Grand Theft Auto 3 except your Spider-Man.

Red Superfly
I hope they change his special moves. I would also like to have a fight system where you are able to take on 3 thugs at once, that would be cool. The game Blade 2 had a good idea with using the second analogue stick for controlling your punches and kicks, you'd just jab it in the direction you wanted, but it didn't work all that well in that game.

Not only that but I'd like to see them get rid of the web-gloves and the web-dome, man is that getting old. They've never been changed and are incredibly rubbish, you can go thru the whole game without ever needing them. Impact webbing was good, they outta keep that.

Instead I'd replace them with something like web-slingshot, like in the movie where he slingshots himself over to the bridge. That would be good if you had to use it to get to certain places much quicker (e.g. a bomb was going to go off or there was an emergency).

I think the other special move should be that you actually build a huge web, so you can catch cars (have a section where you need to save cars that Ocks throwing around).

I also think that you should try and "catch" bad guys instead of killing them. This would add a more Spidey feel to the game (and borrow some Metal Gear-like stealth aspects). The webbing should also make them stick to floors and walls. It would be sweet to simply stick goons to walls (which could be possible if you use the "web whip" seen in the other games) rather than killing them and watch the dissappear. Imagine webbing up a goon you snuck up on, swing him round your head and throw him onto a wall and watching him get stuck until the cops show up. Of course there should also be the "evil" baddies that you have to kill. The older Spidey games felt very actioney and more like a beat em up. With these ideas you'll feel more like a real superhero struggling to not kill the baddies as Spidey should always do.

I just know that this next game is gonna have little Ock robots that are annoying and you just kill them one after the other in a boring fashion.

SpyCspider
man, imagine Spidey doing the stuff he's good at, swinging, fighting, exploring a la GTA.....can only hope for so much. =)

I wonder how big Manhattan will be actually and how many buildings will be relatively authentic...

nightcrawer89
i hope the fighting in this game is cool

The Ones
http://www.xboxmagonline.com/xbox/downloads/screenshots/games_s/spiderman2_pre.jpg

http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/spidermanthemovie/images/spiderman_pc_2.gif

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000A1P70.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

who?-kid
They look great, hopefully the game will also be great.

Viper
They look pretty good. If the game is anything like the previous one, it should definitely be awesome.

nightcrawer89
i bought the frist game and i am alredy at oscop i though this would be hard but dam it is easy.i must the second game when it comes out

Zephonim
The game should be pretty sweet. Hopefully it will be like GTA in which the game can never really end if you don't want it to.

nightcrawer89
is there any codes for spider man one were you can bee invincible

Zephonim
On the code screen put in 'Arachnid'. It's the code that unlocks everything.

Jason420
for organic webbing put in "ORGANIC WEBBING"

nightcrawer89
ok thanks

spider-venom
can any1 tell me what it will b like?

( very interested )

Zephonim
GTA meets Spider-Man.

max
http://www.gamestop.com/product_screenshots.asp?image=1&image_list=280795l1.jpg^^280795l2.jpg^^280795l3.jpg^^280795l4.jpg^^280795l5.jpg^^280795l6.jpg^^280795l7.jpg

max
cool huh.

spider-venom
thats ****ing sick man i wanna get that game soooooo bad

The Ones
i want to see the MOVIE so bad

spider-venom
same here

Jedi Shmedi
You can pre-order the game now at Gamestop. (not sure about EB games though).

The Ones
and amazon

Zephonim
Last week I found it on the IGN.com store with free over night shipping.

The Ones
same, it even shows the front cover

Gotenks13
whens the release date?

The Ones
June 29th

Freddy_vs_Jason
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/spiderman2/index.html

The game looks so awsome!!

Click on "E3 2004 preshow impressions" to find out about the game and click on "3 new screens" to see a lot of cool screen shots. I'm so gonna by this game when it comes out!!

Reborn Again
You know I still have this game sealed and have never played it. sad(

Freddy_vs_Jason
You mean the first game? the second one isn't out yet.

DarkCrawler
This will be good game. Better then first one in my opinion.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Hell yeah! eek!

VENOMfan
Spiderman meets GTA, I cant wait. this game will own

Spiderman_RJ
LOL GTA,...now they hit the jack pot all i wanted in the first game ( a stret and spidey having free movimente ,whole city and spidey helping people) but it lack a lot in graphics the first one had much more detailed ones

Freddy_vs_Jason
Hell no!!! that graphics in the Spidey 2 game look a hell of a lot better then the first game, and what is GTA?

SpyCspider
Only the greatest game ever made....hahaha ok, i'm exaggerating (but I'm sure lotsa players would agree). It's Grand Theft Auto and I think most people are talking either about GTA 3 or GTA: Vice City.

It's a free-roaming game meaning you can do whatever (WHATEVER) you want. There are missions for the storyline but on the side, you can steal cars, shoot random people, fly in choppers, race a boat, drive TAXIS, practice your weaponry, ride bikes, pick up hookers...etc. Ah, it's mind-bogglin. If you haven't played it yet (or if you're a kid), go grab one now! (or grow up first..heh).

nightcrawer89
i like gta vice citie.spider man two gam looks cool i think i only have 2 levels left in the frist game and it took me two days to get the far.

The Ones
http://www.activision.com/microsite/spider-man/flash.html

just follow these instructions:
Click on the highest building. down the bottom left it should say games, click on "PS2, X-BOX, NGC". click on downloads and watch and be AMAZED

Red Superfly
Ooooooooooooooooooooh......brilliant!

Spiderman_RJ
SPIDERMAN GPGR * NY CITY
*GPGR = great power............

LMAO COOL ALL I WANTED IN FIRST GAME HOPE THEY FIX TH EGRAFICS FOR PC VERSION COS THEY SUCK ONE WAS MUCH BETTER

VENOMfan
ooooo pritty spiffy. Im reservein that right now

Spiderman_RJ
the grafics sucks look at them again
the graphics from one were superb this one is medium to average but if was to soft the game i dont care

theres two trailer out the one in site in flash and the one i have here of 15 mb......wich show a lot more and the details thats why i say it

Spiderman_RJ
they must improve the graphic although

Red Superfly
DUDE - it's in Flash

Man......................

Spiderman_RJ
DUDE i have the MPEG DUHHHHHHH its about 15 mb i think i got i the HYPE! site

Spiderman_RJ
and the mmpeg version is different seems the mpeg is the pc version while the flahs is console cos the graphic differ a lot in scenerey

Red Superfly
Woah OK, may bad. It's still your opinion, and I respect that.

It's just that your opinion is WRONG. Oh yeah, you got burned!

*does moonwalk out the door, falls down stairs*

Spiderman_RJ
HUH ??? blink blink

Red Superfly
Yeah I was just kidding. You may think the game has bad graphics, but a game of that size can't have really detailed graphics.

It's a holistic game, like Grand Theft Auto, you take a step back and you will see the detail on a larger scale, if you look really closeley you are bound to see flaws. It's not a close detail game, it's an open sprawling city with loads of things going on.

Give it a break and wait until you play it.

nightcrawer89
ok

Spiderman_RJ
er. kk but still........................THEY MUST IMPROVE GRAPHICS!!!!!!
laughing

spider-venom
the grapics r fine there just as good as gta ...... how would u like them to "improve" the grapics Spiderman RJ ??? please tell me

Spiderman_RJ
i have only one thing to say .........SWEEEEEEEEEETY!!!

Spiderman_RJ

SpyCspider
yo i just watched the FLASH....i agree, the graphics can be a lot better--GTA's was superb. But are you guys saying the FLASH doens't do it justice? If so, then I hope I'm mistaken cuz graphics is very important to me. The first game's graphics were dope despite the limitations on where you can go...

Either way, I'm very hyped bout this game.

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
is it my impression or is spidey killing people civilian in one of the game shot? struggling with the web.................

Spiderman_RJ

Freddy_vs_Jason
He guys, I just found a really cool site with some new and cool screens, click here: http://spiderman.ugo.com/features/spider-man-2-movie-game/pictures.php

Freddy_vs_Jason
Also I know for a fact that these are the villans in the game:

Doc. Ock.
Shocker. (Yes again.)
Vulture. (Yes again!)
Here are the new villans!! *drum role*

Mysterio and Lizard!!!

The Ones
COOL

Spiderman_RJ
viewing new shots i admit the graphic is not my preocupation now, althoug i saw a scene where his hands were closed while web shooting but who cares its col its great YAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!!!
defenetely the game of the year

Spiderman_RJ
my worry now is the main view style ,some ppl said that the free way of how the view was made it confusing , i personally liked it but my worry now is how are going to see what is going ahead if so it seems now ,when we swing the cam moves around to show us the moviment?

The Ones
apparently its going to be better than no.1

Freddy_vs_Jason
Of course it will. I believe the american release date is June the 24th while here in NZ it July the 1st, but Im not complaining were a day ahead of you guys so its not that long after. Oh I so wanna play the game now!!

The Ones
here in UK its june 29th and the film comes out june 30th here

nightcrawer89
ok

Freddy_vs_Jason
The graphics in the second one look much better then the ones in the first!!

Freddy_vs_Jason
Don't bash the game or it's graphics until you've actually played the game, your watching it from a computer, so on your TV it will look much better.

Spiderman_RJ

Freddy_vs_Jason
If your playing the PC version then of course the graphics will suck.

Also even though I said Spidey 2 comes out in NZ on July 1st and in the U.S June 30 it will come out in NZ on the same day as the U.S because we're a day ahead of you guys and there are only 30 days in June so July 1st is the day after.

Spiderman_RJ
huh why the graphic will suck?

Red Superfly
The graphics won't suck. It's a well known fact that (if you have a super powerful PC) that the PC versions look ten times better than their console versions. Spiderman will look better on a PC.

However, games like Spiderman, in my honest opinion that is, absolutely SUCK on the PC in terms of gameplay. There still isn't a really good pad for platforming/adventure games for the PC that are as good as the PS2 or XBox controllers. You can use PS2 to PC converters and same with the Xbox - but in my experience, they are crap and a load of hassle.

Honestly - if you have a console - get it for the console.

Freddy_vs_Jason
The graphics might be a little bad on the PC version because the game was orginally designed for xbox and Ps2 and stuff so they look a little funny on the PC, just like the first one looked weird.

Spiderman_RJ
u are wrong ............the first was designed to PC the difference was clear
while console was brighter colorfull, the buldinds textures looked fuzzied, blured.......about gameplay i agree with red fly........but graphic PC is much better.............

Freddy_vs_Jason
I was actually right, I e-mailed the publisher and they told me so. Hehe!! I just reserved my copy of Spider-Man 2 on x-box!! eek!

Freddy_vs_Jason
I know that this shouldn't have been made because there is already a lot of threads on the game, but I couldn't resist, every other forum has a thread counting down to something, weither it be X-Men 3 or Star Wars ep. 3. Hopefully by making this thread and keeping it alive it will make the days go faster and the game-release date come faster.

After looking at screenshots I'm just itching to swing around that wonderful city and climb those walls as-well as defeat that evil Doc. Ock, aiern't you?!

THE COUNT DOWN HAS NOW BEGUN!!!

6 WEEKS REMAINING. (ABOUT 5 FOR THE U.S).
45 DAYS LEFT.

I will mark off the days when they end.

trv16
ok

Zephonim
Looks like Shocker and Black Cat make appearances in the game.

VENOMfan
Shcoker is one of my fav Villains glad to see hes returning, and Black Cat's in it? maybe a hiden character?

I think Mysterio will be in it as well

Zephonim
IGN.com has the game trailer, and there is a part where you see her running along side Spidey.

Spiderman_RJ
no so its seems shes an NPC ................like in the PS version.
i only dislike the fact that they havent remodeled shocker wink
black cat seem fat
ad jason that trailer ign has is the one i told u once where i saw that the graphics were not so cool but, only the textures on some objects.
is is being made by the same crew of GTA? cos they pedestrian looks like those in GTA VC

Freddy_vs_Jason
There are to be several super-villains in the Spider-Man 2, including Lizard, Mysterio, Vulture, and Shocker.

Freddy_vs_Jason
43 DAYS LEFT. I kinda of mucked up on the first post.

nightcrawer89
i agree i have seen some pic in mags and they look a lot better.

Zephonim
The graphics are gonna be much better. The problem is that the trailer that is out there lacks allot of polish. I have a felling that it was made way back at the beginning, the few videos I have seen look far better then the trailer does. Also, most of the pics and videos have been from the PS2 version, Xbox should clean up any graphical problems the PS2 has.

Spiderman_RJ
yah i agree , the pc must be even better then

Freddy_vs_Jason
I'm afraid not. You see, xbox and Ps2's were designed for good-game graphics, the PC wasn't. So the xbox and Ps2 version will have a lot better graphics.......it's just common sense here people.......

Spiderman_RJ
how not my friend? load a pc with a ati 9600 XT and u see what i mean..................

Freddy_vs_Jason
Well we should wait until we've actually seen and played the video game before we jump to these asumptions. I hope the web swinging is as fun as it looks!

Fire
Merged thread concerning the Spiderman II game This is now the only thread about this topic

Freddy_vs_Jason
I'm dieing to play the game. It's honestly the only thing keeping me from killing myself, I wish July the first would hurry up and come.

Red Superfly
Actually - theoretically, a PC can do what ever the consoles can do ten times better.

PS2, XBox, etc are faaaaaaar less powerful than a lot of PC graphics cards and processors nowadays.

PC IS more powerful, by a long shot.

XBox, PS2 and Gamecube are home consoles built specifically for gaming, they have all the nice user interface bells and whistles like analogue controllers and rumble facilities as standard - PC's are in higher spec but they are far more expensive.

Put it this way, games that are made on the PC first, like Doom 3, Half Life 2 and Far Cry, can be done on the XBox (PS2? Forget it!), and even then, they need to be reduced in spec so they can "fit" on the machine.

A PC is capable of so much more than ANY home console you can name.

When PS3 and XBox 2 come out - the PC will be leaps ahead anyway, it always has.

The thing that stops the PC being recognised as such, is because it is quite an elitist thing - with only the very, very rich being able to afford the BEST.

That's why everybody loves the home consoles - it's the expense, and the fact that PC's are constantly upgrading, every three months theres a new bloody graphics card. At least with home consoles they stick around for a few years.

PC's ARE more powerful - FACT (compare the specs of the XBox - the most powerful home console today - and a high end PC, and you'll see how much faster todays PCs are, and what they are capable of)

Fire
Think I like with a console is that you don't have to worry about meeting the requirements for a game, and you dont have to worry about diskspace or installation time, plug it in and start to play big grin

eleveninches
PC's are more powerful overall, but they are not dedicated gaming machines, so they are not as effective in playing games as consoles are. PC's are designed for all sorts of things, with gaming only a small part of their tasks, so gaming consoles can often seem to perform a lot better than the best PC's

nightcrawer89
pc's have good graphics but i say x-box,game cube,and ps2 have a lot more better over all graphics.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I agree with Fire yes also the controls for computers are a lot harder to use and learn.

Fire
if you develop your PC just for playing games it will beat any console, it will cost a lot of money but it will beat the consoles

Freddy_vs_Jason
Okay people we should stay on topic, this isn't a game consels disscusion.

Jason Horan
cool

Reborn Again
Where did your get this 411? The site pls.

Spiderman_RJ
hey i said most of this things before , he got them problably from super hero hype! isaw it there

Fire
good point FvJ

I don't think much of this game

VENOMfan
That would be me!embarrasment guess my first merge was a faliure, I do got the hang of it now tho.

sorry people it wont happen again

Fire
I'll solve it

Fire
all gone smile back on topic

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yay! eek!

Apparently the webslining is suppose to be excatly like the movie, which seems very cool.

Spiderman_RJ
waht u mean exactly like the movie? its a evolution from first only

Freddy_vs_Jason
I mean in the movie the webslinging looks alot more acrobatic and realistic which is how the game is suppose to be.

X-MENFORUM.COM
While the first game was good, I have to say that it was a little hard to master with all the controls, moves etc...

Freddy_vs_Jason
Really? I thought it was kind of easy. I'm just worried that the controls for webslinging will be difficult.

Agentdemon
Yeah the controls for the first one was a bit difficult but I got used to it. I have spidey 1 on pc and a controller for the pc but it's gonna be hard getting used to the controls on the x-box since I'm gonna but it for that system. The controls for spider-man 2 do look difficult.

SpyCspider
Hmm...i see some new screenshots for the new game...as hype as I am about it, I'm sort of disappointed to see there's not much activity on the pedestrian level. Many of the images show empty streets with only a few cars...and c'mon, this IS NEW YORK! Where's the trash, the people, the traffic jams? there should be at least couple of hundred people walking down Times Square every second...i don't care if theyr'e all replicas, but I would prefer to see more people.

I guess it's too much to ask for a limited amount of memory in a game like this. Can't expect it to be TOTALLY GTA right? And even in that game, I thought they could use a lil more humans and cars.

Oh well...mebbe the next game.

Agentdemon
Yeah, I thought that was strange that there weren't a lot of cars and people but in the trailer it was night most of the time so that explains it alittle.

Red Superfly
The new game looks awesome. Seen some PROPER footage of it, and the graphics are way better than the first.

I love how you can hang criminals upside down on lamposts, and use helicopters as webslinging targets to get even higher, and now even time the webslinging yourself, and run on walls.

I hope they get rid of the web-gloves and web-dome, its time for some new power-ups. The huge city yearns for the web-slingshot dammit!

SpyCspider
heard it stretches from Harlem to Ellis Island...tha'ts pretty sick if done correctly

i tink i'm going to spend the first week not playing the missions but just swinging around..hahaha

Freddy_vs_Jason
I have seen some pics with a lot of people and cars, also traffic jams. Here's some new screenshots guys: http://www.activision.com/microsite/spider-man/flash.html

I hope that on the game you have the train fight with Doc. Ock.

nightcrawer89
I hope this game is better than the frist game

Spiderman_RJ
the graphcis are cool, black cat is awesome also spiderman only in the upper torso, downside hes a weak. shocker texture is cool but his shape was better in the last game

Spiderman_RJ
who cares about controls u always ending suiting to it

Freddy_vs_Jason
Well I think all the characters look just fine how they are. But of course the controls matter! no one wants to play a game were the controls are to difficult.

Spiderman_RJ
its gonna be the laggiest game of all. with a lot of people......even now i think it is by looking at this pics

lestat87
im very hyped up about spiderman 2 but when is it released? beacuse i thought it was the 1st of july but on a web site i found (i cnt post the url cos im a new member) it said that it was out in the UK untill the 9th of july does any one know of an official web site that has the UK release date on thanks cool

Freddy_vs_Jason
It SHOULD be released on the same day as the movie.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I read that the webslining is exactly like the movie, but in some screenshots Spider-Man seems to be doing the same webslining move sad
I guess we'll just have to wait for the game to come out........

DarkCrawler
80. blink Nice.

Spiderman_RJ
i hope they do a special hide out places for spiderman geting his cloths, to tranform into peter parker. of course on spidey 3

FieryPhoenix
This may not be new to some of you, but I just watched a preview movie for the Spider-Man 2 game and Black Cat appears in it! eek! I wonder if we'll be able to use different skins like in the first game? I'd sure like to play as Black Cat for once. wink

Maybe she'll be in the movie too. big grin

Spiderman_RJ
black cat will not be on the sm 2 movie maybe felicia, i know she is almost certain to be on sm3

Jedi Shmedi
Yeah I just got the new issue of Nintendo Power and they had a three page article on Spidey 2 (the game of course) and I new that New York would be vastly larger than it was in the first Spiderman game, but in an interview with one of the producers of the game, he said that New York City would be (to scale) half as long and half as wide as the real city! Now I have a real good picture of exactly how big this place is going to be! YAY! eek!

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yup. Also Felicia has a small cameo in Spidey 2.

Spiderman_RJ
i dont now u guys, but i dont even live in USA, i ver gone to new york so i m gonna be lost , i hope they also added sinalization and pocket maps on it

Freddy_vs_Jason
They have maps, don't worry because I haven't been to New York either stick out tongue, I'm just worried that webslinging won't look how I want it too and that there won't be much robbers to bust.

metaxlog
i don't know when i'll get it, but i just bought the game for a good price too. I can't wait till i get it, the first one was so good. big grin

this is where i got the game eek!
I couldn't put a link mad just copy and paste this, you have to complete the address though
kingsavings.com/cgi-bin/ISStore/store?action=view&RO=metaxlog&dep=kids&cat=53&sub_cat=293&prod_id=5776

they also have it for xbox somewhere

peace

TheOne101
im gettin it first day which for me is tomorrow! how sweet. ill be sure to let u guys know how it is. smile i cant wait!!!

spider-venom
ok theone101 howm is that possible, im pretty sure it is making its big debut tuesday the 29th and ...today is the 27th so i dont know what you are talking about??

moonwalker741
hey! todays monday....thats when it comes out near me, same with n e one esle?......hus buyin it...well im gonna rent it at blockbuster and then copy it to my modded xbox harddrive..cant wait...

TheOne101
well venom i dont know either and i frankly dont giva a shit all i know is that it comes out today and im on my way to get it.

spider-venom
well where do you live and tell me where are you getting it from ( like what store?, or are is it ordered online)?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>