The Official Samurai Champloo thread!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yassin
A new anime serie: Samurai Champloo

The same creators of Cowboy Bebop and damn,i love it!!!!

The action,the story....it's definitely HOT!

There are 7 episodes available...so i downloaded them all and it's been a while since i saw such a FINE anime...well since Cowboy Bebop that is.

Really check it outsmile it's worth it!

FeceMan
Samurai Shampoo, eh? Will it make my hair long and spikey? Possibly change it to an odd color?

Yassin
hahahaha.....naaah,the name is kinda funny...like Cowboy Bebop. But really you got to give a shot...you love itsmile

WindDancer
I was watching the dvd vol 1 and the transfer is terrible! The music sucks and is very censor. I don't know what the hell were they thinking by mixing urban hip-hop and 17th century samurai fights? I like the characters of Samurai Champloo but the translation is awful! Even worse a lame soundtrack.

JLred
Ohh yeah I heard it had bad music.....blah....no expression

Big_Daddy2
lol...some of the soundtrack is orchastrated bits, but all in all it has an urban theme running throughout...it's really quite unique.

If you didn't know, the director for this series is the same guy who did Cowboy Bebop...Shinichiro Watanabe. When I first saw this series (im on Eps 24 now) I was like this totally reminds of Cowboy Bebop...until a friend pointed it out that Shinichiro's directing this one.

Big_Daddy2
The Last Episode came out today (Eps 26)...Episode 25 had a really dramatic ending, but im told Shinichiro did some different for it....Can't wait to get home now.

Crazy88No.1
Samurai Champloo is fantastic, Episode 23# is my favourite episode when they play baseball, I need to see Episode 25 & 26 smile

Big_Daddy2
Let me just say, the ending is not what I had expected...but still great nonetheless...

I wonder if he'll release a movie for this as well?

WindDancer
I been watching more episodes of Samurai Champloo. And I'm starting to like it more. I'm glad they tone down that urban hip-hop soundtrack. It just wasn't appropiate at times. Even worse when you watch you the dubbed (which I really don't) . But I'm starting to enjoyed it more.

JLred
I saw my first episode of Samurai Champloo yesterday on AS.....I liked it especially when he cuts the guys arm off......and ten it has way cool action because you actually see them dodging and hitting...not like DBZ or Teen Titans where all you see is swooshing backgrounds....

The song is allright but i likle it when he rubs the disc and it makes that cool noise mwhen theyre fighting.....

Otaku_Sith
iv'e never heard of it before

TrAnCeDuO
i thought the hip hop bits were part of the actual show. are you trying to tell me that this anime is another victim of licensing?

ZomBiE_HunTER
The fighti8ng looks amazing I love the figting scenes.

JLred
As do I zombiehunter!!!!

Usually on anime you see swooshing backgrounds but on this you see them move and fight and do everything!!!!!!!!!!

ZomBiE_HunTER
It was so much violence which shocked me because I didnt think that was going happen.

JLred
Me too!!

ZomBiE_HunTER
Im planning to buy the dvd and prolly get the umd for my PSP.

JLred
NIce!!

When I buy a PSP and figure out what a UMD is, Ill do the same!!!!

ZomBiE_HunTER
Umd is what the Psp plays.

JLred
specifically?

a game, song, or what?

ZomBiE_HunTER
Games, Videos, Movies, Im not to sure about songs though.

JLred
theres a game of samurai champloo?

dominic/wolf
any body got some pics of the lead guy i forget his name

ZomBiE_HunTER
Originally posted by JLred
theres a game of samurai champloo?
No its a UMD video.

JLred
Dude I got a PSP!!!!!!!!!!!

UMD is Universal Media Disk

Theres a series of Samurai Champloo on UMD!!!!????!!!!

DrunkPanda31145
me luv sama champloo it so cool yipppy i cant wait to see the next episode rolling on floor laughing

JLred
I missed last weeks.....sad

shadow12
one was poisoned and the other was being attacked by an assassin

JLred
cool...........

Haru-Donovan
I saw it on Adult Swim too. I've only saw 2 epsoies but it's pretty cool so far. And it does remind me of Cowboy Bebop a little.

Haru-Donovan
Originally posted by shadow12
one was poisoned and the other was being attacked by an assassin

And they faced this ugly guy, which..I can't remember his name but it was the one in the red killed. Kinda sad.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I missed last weeks.....sad
Suck big time.

WindDancer
Vol 2 is already out on DVD. Might want to pick it up.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I want to but I have to get Gantz vol. 2 and 3 first.

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by Haru-Donovan
And they faced this ugly guy, which..I can't remember his name but it was the one in the red killed. Kinda sad.

just to let you know the ugly ogrish guy was known as oniwakumaru and the guy in the red is mugen.

JLred
I dont know where to get some??!?!?! WWWWAAAHHHHH!!!!!

TrAnCeDuO
...at your local manga shop...i mean cmon these days manga and anime isnt that hard to find. hell they sell at my highschool now.

its out there...just gotta look harder...

ANYWAYS, what do you all think will happen in the next episode? will mugen finally kill jin or what?

sailormoon
I watched it for the first time last night! Me likey so far! Do Mugen and Jin not like each other at first or something?

TrAnCeDuO
basically yes. the two want to finish their fight from the first episode but fuu doesnt want them to fight so they can help her find a samurai that smells of samurais.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
...at your local manga shop...i mean cmon these days manga and anime isnt that hard to find. hell they sell at my highschool now.

its out there...just gotta look harder...

ANYWAYS, what do you all think will happen in the next episode? will mugen finally kill jin or what?
No one is going to die in the next ep. well at least Jin and Mugen.
By the way the manga is coming out this Nov. and i know I'm getting it who else?

JLred
Ill get it...

SamuraiSquirrel
i always do get manga

JLred
ohhhh.....k...............so Mugen got high......

SamuraiSquirrel
he didnt get high he got poisoned.... mucho difference

JLred
ohh.....I bet he would have wanted to get high.......

SamuraiSquirrel
uhhh no he wanted to get laid...... i prefer that over getting high to though wink

JLred
wait...did we all see he same episode because I dont remember that.....besides the fact i didnt see the first 20 min. I guess youre right

FullMetalLover1
no the one where he was in the marijuana field, the one where he wanted to get laid he got poisoned by that girl

FullMetalLover1
the one w/ the marijuana was on sat. the one where he got poisoned eas like the second episode, oh an i will be getting the manga

SamuraiSquirrel
ok ive never seen the episode when he was in the pot feild what are you talking about? was it last sat.?

JLred
Yup...the one where he gets drugged and poisoned is when he wants to get laid by that retards wife....he gets high on the one with the guy with glasses......

SamuraiSquirrel
yep i missed that one i was at my fight club, ohh well it comes on again on thurs night.

JLred
yup....

SamuraiSquirrel
cant wait ya know?

JLred
didya see it?

FullMetalLover1
when you get high it really is like that, trust me.

JLred
thatd be cool......

FullMetalLover1
yup lol

JLred
lol....cool

FullMetalLover1
stop that!............ Happy Dance raver

JLred
why? coolHappy Dancecool

FullMetalLover1
we do this in like every thread!... Happy Dance

JLred
I bet every thread likes it!

cool

FullMetalLover1
maybe...... ?Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

JLred
indeed....coolHappy Danceafro

sailormoon
laughing out loud This is funny, in like every thread I go to y'all do this.

SamuraiSquirrel
wow you guys really filled up this thread with alot of junk. wow, you should prolly jsut sum up all of ur thoughts into one post. save us all of the time of thinking theres something important

ZomBiE_HunTER
WHos been watching this anime?

SamuraiSquirrel
me, almost all the time, every night it is on. i think

JLred
So have i....coolHappy Dancecool

SamuraiSquirrel
you have better.

JLred
Don't mess with the cool man...cool

SamuraiSquirrel
dont you mean the weird man?

JLred
The cool weird man.....cool

FullMetalLover1
lol raver

JLred
Your cool is wrong......put just cool not cool2
/
#.cool.# < ----- with out the dots
\

FullMetalLover1
???????cool?

SamuraiSquirrel
WTF

FullMetalLover1
sat's episode was weird, that street killer was weird

JLred
Yeah his chi was killing people........kicking

this is your cool....cool2
this is my cool.....cool

FullMetalLover1
your cools sunglasses are shiny, how do you get it like that?

JLred
just put #.cool# without the period.......cool

FullMetalLover1
coollike this?

JLred
Excellent........cool

FullMetalLover1
coolcoolcool

JLred
Excellent.......cool

SamuraiSquirrel
you god damn loser. why doy ou go and jam up the thread with ur junk? that is crap is for private messages, so learn to send PM ok

FullMetalLover1
you talkin' to me?

JLred
I think me too...........but were talking about how cool Samurai Champloo is......................cool

SamuraiSquirrel
yes but the problem is that ur jamming up the thread with two or three word posts. if you cant learn to gather your thoughts into one post, just dont post.

JLred
I am sorry Master-San........my only possible choice of forgiveness and a restoration of my honor is by killing myself.......hang

SamuraiSquirrel
lol ok that is pretty funny, but if your gonna call me master-san you must also use the real type of "killing urself". hara-kiri.

JLred
I was looking for one.........isn't that the short sword you carry when you lose your honor?

SamuraiSquirrel
lol no hara-kiri means " belly stab"

FullMetalLover1
WOAH! Jlred i am sooo jealous of your siggy!!!

SamuraiSquirrel
yeah JLred your sig is alot better this time. i like this one

JLred
yup........Piggle Rocks....................My chi shall kill you..........kicking

SamuraiSquirrel
ok dont get overzealous now. its a good sig but your chi couldnt even make a color

Yuna33
That's mean...

SamuraiSquirrel
lol look it up i know what the word means i just cant explain it.

Yuna33
dosen't that mean don't be to happy...

SamuraiSquirrel
not even close

SamuraiSquirrel
ok i j/ saw the episode about the chi, and you know what? it was really really weird.

JLred
Originally posted by SamuraiSquirrel
ok dont get overzealous now. its a good sig but your chi couldnt even make a color
My chi is the color of gravy....kicking

SamuraiSquirrel
har har har har har. thats ok cause my chi is the color of gun metal gray.

JLred
Mine is better......kicking..................gravy.............................

SamuraiSquirrel
nope i love gun metal grey.2guns

JLred
and gravy.....kicking

SamuraiSquirrel
no just gun metal grey, it even looks good on cars. w00t

Sun Goddess
Ok, about tonight's episode of Samurai Champloo (Gamblers and Gallantry): At the very end when Jin Breaks that girl out of the brothel there is a song that is played in the background during that entire scene, and it sounds HIGHLY familiar. And by familiar I mean, that I've heard that little guitar hook in a song on the radio before, it's a smooth jazz song, and the name of it is on the tip of my tongue. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? I think maybe George Benson made it originally I'm not sure, SOMEBODY HELP! This is so frustrating right now!

FullMetalLover1
i dont know what the song is called but, its about time Jin got some if ya know what i mean.

JLred
Yeah........I half-thought he was a queer.................but I guess not......anyone think Mugen is a pirate?

Yuna33
uh...no?!
what gave you that idea?

JLred
I ahve the magazine Anime Insider and it says Mugen might be a pirate because he knows alot about the sea..........should be a couple more episodes......and clues will be given........

FullMetalLover1
did i sense some jealousy in Fuu? it would have been funny if she showed Mugen her stuff.

Sun Goddess
Now THAT would've been a jaw-dropper! shocking

Zatch
yeah I know.

JLred
Would have been funny indeed........

SamuraiSquirrel
what i wanna know is why jin just sat there and let those guys kick the shit out of him?

Zatch
I know that was odd he is a skilled samurai but he just let them beat his ass.

Sun Goddess
Because he's so noble and refined! love I love that glasses-wearing samurai!

Either that, or he just didn't want to look like a savage killer in front of his girl. confused

Mitsurugy2005
I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU GUY"S ARE TALKING ABOUT....WAHHAHAHA confused

Flame Alchemist
I agree with Sun Godess' first sentence.

SamuraiSquirrel
bull crap even the most sofisticated people dont let some one beat there ass. and i love to fight infront of my girlfriend, she thinks its funny when i split some ones face open.

Flame Alchemist
We'll are you a samurai from Asia???Thats what I thought.

SamuraiSquirrel
no im not a samurai, but i do train in the arts of tai-chi and muay tai boxing, i also train with swords, i cant use a full blade katana because i dont like holding a weapon with two hands. i use my kodachi and wakizashi

Flame Alchemist
Well if your not an Asian samurai then you dont know what Jean was thinking do you?Answer honest.

SamuraiSquirrel
honesty is the best policy and i like to fight, simple as that. honor is a great code, but i like to fight non the less, humiliation is the best thing to do to ur opponent

Flame Alchemist
But Jean doesn't like to fight unless he is forced to,and he makes that pretty obvious.

Sun Goddess
It's usually the super strong ones that could kill with a single strike, who are the least likely to fight. Anyone else notice that? I think it has something to do with their honor code. As a matter of fact, I'm more than certain it does.

"There is no honor in destroying what is already weak, but to weaken something that was once deemed strong would be considered prevailing over ones own inner weaknesses."

I'd tell you where I got that from, but then I'd have to kill ya! wink

Flame Alchemist
No one wants you to kill them so you'll have to keep it a secret

ZomBiE_HunTER
Im not trying to be an ass but its Jin not Jean.

Flame Alchemist
Oh.Thanx

ZomBiE_HunTER
No prob.

ZomBiE_HunTER
what i wanna know is why jin just sat there and let those guys kick the shit out of him?
I think he wanted to co0me back to the place to meet the girl again.

Flame Alchemist
Samurai,have you not been paying attention to our arguement?Didn't we already get that question answered?

JLred
I hated that England *** or whatever..............

SamuraiSquirrel
Originally posted by Flame Alchemist
Samurai,have you not been paying attention to our arguement?Didn't we already get that question answered?
what the **** are you talking about you dumb bastard, i havent been on this thread for like 5 hours

dumb son of a *****

Sun Goddess
Whoa, hey now! Peace be still boys. angel I think he was talking to Zombie Hunter anyway, more than likely he got confused by his signature pic...

...Probably. no expression

Flame Alchemist
Hey,hey,hey don't flip out and have a stroke.It was just a question

WindDancer
Watch the language! Anymore flamming and members involved will get a warning and possible banned. No more insults.

SamuraiSquirrel
i say what i want when i want to who i want, computer or not, i have other forums ya know? this aint my life here anyway, god dammit

JLred
Originally posted by WindDancer
Watch the language! Anymore flamming and members involved will get a warning and possible banned. No more insults.

....yes...capitan!!!eye

i say what i want when i want to who i want, computer or not, i have other forums ya know? this aint my life here anyway, god dammit

Tu no es me capitan!

So have any clues been given about Mugen's past? Or Jin's past beside he killed his sensei........

FullMetalLover1
maybe he wanted to play the pitty card to get some! boo-yah! jk

SamuraiSquirrel

Tu no es me capitan!

sorry but i dont speak heathin........just kidding but seriously what the **** did you say?

SamuraiSquirrel
stupid bastards

Xanatos
sorry but i dont speak heathin........just kidding but seriously what the **** did you say?

Who ever he is his spanish sux, that or IM worse than I thought.

JLred
Aww......sadwalk..........i think that is right.......except capitan....thats slang......

sailormoon
Awww! That last episode was so sweet! Go Jean!!! happy

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>