Errors in Spider-man 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Unknown
Post any errors or nitpicks that you saw in the movie.

The ones that I saw were that he kept getting his mask back somehow, after it sinks with the building and somehow gets from the top of the train to the inside of it...

And Doc Ock's attack on Peter. Not knowing that Pete's Spider-man, he hurls a car at him and then throws him so hard against the wall that the bricks break and then expects him to find Spider-man.

Robo-Chocobo
no, im pretty sure htose are just nit picks

FeceMan
Yeah, I was also wondering why the hell he beat the crap out of Parker.

SpiderGurl
because he's a bumbling idiot

Spiderman_RJ
fist peter (if u didnt noticed) was keeping the mask on his suit side looked like belt thing,and in the train after he took it out the scene dont show he trowing it off the train car, so u cannot say it for sure.
the only flaw in doctor octopus is how he found peter in the cafe and expected him to be alive after trowing a car(the stunts and effects must had came before the scrpt in that scene,like for this movie we must do a thrill scene)

manjaro
the mistake i noticed was more of a logical one, which is his web being able to halt a speeding 80 ton train. wow! i guess

The Unknown
The kids found the mask in the back of the train... he was never in the back of the train, so there's no way his mask could have gotten back there.

And I've seen the movie three times and never saw the mask on his belt or anything. Next time I see it I'll watch for it.

Anyone see any other errors or nitpicks?

Spiderman_RJ
in the scene the camera show up from the higher point u see spiderman fightin octopus in the last train car. the thing is (i dont remember well ive seen once) but it seems he take off the mask ON the train. so they could not find it IN the train

Zephonim
What about if he took the mask off and then the wind took it. It could be very possible for a mask thrown at the head of a train, to end up at the tail of the train if said train was moving.
The one thing that bothered me was that Otto coulde take Spidey's puches. He wasn't superpowered and didn't have any armor, so you would think a punch from a fully powered Spider-Man would liquify his face.

Spiderman_RJ
zephonim u as a spidey fan must know, spiderman dont use his full strengh on non powerfull people

SPIDER SONIC
y??

The Unknown
The sparks fly onto his mask. He then goes back ON TOP of the train and takes it off. The mask then disappears. There's no way it could have gotten INSIDE the train and in the back of it.

Spiderman_RJ
thats what i said previouly

fruits
when he saved thsoe kids from the big truck, after he landed with them, you could see a wire. unless that was supposed to be his web. if so, then nevermind

Spiderman_RJ
it is his web dude, but still good catch

The Unknown
Sorry, didn't notice it in your post.

Zephonim
I know that he would be pulling his punches, but when Ock is hanging his aunt off a building, or when he is on the verge of killing his chick and destroying New York you would think he might slip a little, or at least want to stop him. Ock takes a bunch of punches in their first fight, and even when pulling his punches you would still think that he would do massive amounts of damage.

Red Superfly
About the mask, we're supposed to suspend belief a little here. You bought a young man stopping a speeding train with webbing that shoots from his hands, yet his mask getting blown back onto the train is totally out of the question?

The Unknown
His powers are explained, the mask is an error. If they showed the mask fly into the train or if one of the people said that it flew into the train, then I'd believe it. But he takes it off and then it disappears and reappears inside in the back.

scibott
You should use High School Physics people, he takes off the mask after the sparks, it's caught by the wind, and thrown into the door of the last car of the train, simple. The kids found it stuck to the glass of the door and nabbed it. Use your brains, that's what they're there for. Sorry if I seem a little harsh.

Ghetto Goblin
1.) the kids said they found the mask.

2.) Doc Ock is controlled by those arms.

3.) don't be so picky.

4.) i am thirsty, let's get a Latte.

The Unknown
Lol, have you even read any of the previous posts?

Quentin_ Beck
Scibott?? High school Physics?? where was that when the GG was holding a tram with one hand in Spiderman 1? I have given up on physics in comic book films. If we used physics and logic in action films things would look less cool and messier like NY during 9/11. Reality bytes but comics are shiny and fun just like good drugs.

Anyways my nit-pick/continuity error is with the shot of Doc Ocks wife as she watched the glass coming towards her. The filmmakers seemed to imply that a big honking shard of glass was heading towards her eyeball if not slicing her face. In the shot of her body after there is no sign of facial trauma WTF?

bakerboy
The biggest error in man spider 2 is the movie itself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ghetto Goblin
yes, i know it was in here before me.

i knew someone with half a brain would see that.

it's a free country.

and i just had to say it.

i am still thirsty, let's get a latte.

scibott
If you had listened to what the chemical that Norman drank you would have caught the part about "increased strength." As to the extent of the increase, that must have been it.

Red Superfly
It was super-soldier serum. The main power it granted was super strength.

Goblin could take Spideys punches, stop them, pin him against a wall, hold up a tram with one arm, throw cops around like they were nothing.

I'm not sure how strong Goblin was next to Spidey - because we don't know if either of them were truly trying to kill each other. We could say that Spider-Man is stronger if he doesn't pull his punches - that burst of rage had Goblin owned.

Spiderman_RJ
only becouse goblin was scared as spiderman was on fist round, and surprised. but everyhero has that "DONT TREAT MY LOVED ONES . super power bar

U Neek
One error of the film that sticks out to me is whenever Pete goes web slinging, whenever he ends up at the required destination he is wearing civilian clothing. Like at the beginning of the film when he goes to deliver the pizzas? We see him heading towards the building in his Spidey suit and the pizza boxes, nothing else. Yet when he ends up at the building he's supposed to deliver them to, he's back in his normal clothes.

What Sam Raimi should have done here was have the image of Spidey web slinging with a "webbed rucksack", which he keeps his normal clothes in, just like in the comics. This would have kept an element of the comics within the film and it would also explain how Pete is able to dress in normal clothes after web slinging around as Spidey.

Spiderman_RJ
he must have cloth hidings in the city, smile

Red Superfly
He beat up the janitor and stole his clothes, which conveniently look EXACTLY like Pete's.

U Neek
Yes, very conveniant indeedy.

Cool signature by the way Red.

Reborn Again
Read the book, it explains all your nit picking. The book is far better than the film.

The Unknown
The errors and nitpicks are about the movie, not the book.

Cowboyography
I was nitpicking the Doc Ock Parker scene since the preview, after seeing the preview but before viewing the flick, I kept wondering why does Ock throw a car at parker?? He must know Parker is Spidey!, But no! all that scene was, is a good attention getting trailer that they had to put into the movie after it was made for the trailor.

Red Superfly
Lol yeah - why the hell was Octopus trying to kill Pete?

Maybe he was hoping if he hurled a car at Spideys friend and photographer - Spidey would show up to save him?????

Spiderman_RJ
well if u se the movie again u seen octopus comes from the left side(the one pople are looking) so he just trown a car that was on his way.it wasnt his intention, and thereafter he doesnt even care about it

cermiestar
throwing the car was probably to intimidate peter

Red Superfly
OK - by "intimidate", you mean "kill" - right?

Cowboyography
lets face it if Parker wasnt spider man, him and MJ would be a pile of goo under that car. OH WEll Good flick, Ill rent it to see it one more time and that will be enough spidey for a few years.

FeceMan
Doc Ock is a very friendly fellow with some common misconceptions about the human body and its ability to withstand blunt force trauma.

cermiestar
but it didn't

DarkCrawler
While we are nitpicking, Spidey did one thing that comic Spidey would newer do during his battle with Ock in clock tower. He let the clocks hands to drop on the street. Comic Spidey would have grabbed the with his web, so they wouldn't hit innocent bystanders. Someone might die in that!

But perhaps, Spidey do has some mistakes about innocent bystanders abilities to withstand blunt traumas. Even if the object they are hit weighs 100s of kilograms.

The Unknown
Maybe he looked at the street and saw that it was empty.

The Unknown
More errors

The clock in the pizza place first jumps ahead thirty seconds, and then later jumps back five seconds.

How did Harry know where Octavius was? Doc Ock never told him.

The thing never hits the ground, so he probably threw a web up and we didn't see it.

He knew they were in the cafe, and it takes him a little while to get there after the car crashes in, meaning that he would have had to intentionally done it.

I saw it in IMAX... it's not on his side.

Spiderman_RJ
he looks down and them hit the clock pointer, and the street is empty
about mask, ok my mistake i saw the movie again

Spiderman_RJ
new mistake, on the bank roberry octopus has 4 bags of money , once hes pulled to street he has only 2 , ok he may left two of them drop, but when he catch may, and when spider man show up,they start fighting and the bags fall, then fight aagain with no bags, but after spiderman saves aunt may, and cops start shooting the 2 bags of money who should be on the ground are on his upper left tentecle, hwo the heck he got into the ground picked the money, got back to grab and pull spiderman back? something else , two bags of money cant have enough budge he was needing.

Spiderman_RJ
theres a blooper in the ending scene when mj stand on the window there is a jjj reflection on the windows,either that or jjj is behind mj,
spoiler go to official spiderman 3 thread, i posted a pointing there, it shows the hobgoblin is behind mj in the picture thats why the scene after the swinging go back to mj and plays a dark music, i at first though the shadow body was venom,but looking well its a guy with a cloth or cape on his body and his shape looks like the hobgoblin from comics,no i didnt made that up thats why i also posted the original picture too,thats why raimi said the next villain is shown in THE END of spiderman2 movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.