Just when you think you've heard it all....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Woman Faces Charges in Pig-As-Bait Case
Thu Jul 15, 4:43 AM ET Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A woman who offered to use her 5-month-old pig as bait to lure a tiger that escaped from the home of an actor who once played Tarzan will be cited for animal cruelty, officials said.
Linda Meredith, of Loxahatchee, put the pig in the trunk of her car and drove to the neighborhood where officials were searching for the tiger shortly after she heard of its escape.
Meredith asked officers to grab the hind legs of the pig, named Baby, or twist its ears so it would squeal and attract the tiger. The officers declined her offer.
Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control Director Dianne Sauve said Meredith will be cited for transporting the pig in her trunk.
"I was appalled," Sauve said. "Carrying an animal in a trunk in 90-degree heat, where it's probably 140 degrees inside, is not acceptable."
Suave said she planned to meet with county sheriff's officials Thursday to determine specific charges.
Meredith said the trunk of her Cadillac is air conditioned, and she was planning to eat the pig when it is full grown.
"I can't believe they have the gall," she said. "I was just trying to help the tiger find his way back home."
Following a 26-hour search, the tiger, which belonged to actor Steve Sipek, was shot and killed Tuesday after lunging at a wildlife officer.

takes all kinda apparently...
confused

silver_tears
Firstly I am outraged at the fact they killed the tiger mad

WTF is that, the actor had no right to keep the tiger as a pet madmad
And have they never heard of friggin tranquelisers, I'm so mad right now mad

ragesRemorse
they should have atleast given the tiger the pig as a last meal.

§pearhead
I preferred blissful ignorance cry poor tiger, it's a cruel world

Baylin
Daft thing is it probably only lunged at the wildlife officer because it knew that he was going to hurt it!

JamalMagloire

WindDancer
Usually I don't like the idea of a tiger getting kill. But ever since the incident in which Roy Horn was attack and mauled by his own tiger in Vegas, I just think the cops did the right thing. No matter how well trained tigers are they still can go wild sometime during their life. So it's very risky to trained or own tigers.

As for the lady with the pig....she deserves a ticket! No one asked her to take that swine there. The cops didn't asked for help so she shoulda minded her own business.

m!$hA
i dont beleive that! i did until the ladies said she'd eat the pig afterwoods.....come on, you dont........wait, you do...bacon, pork...omg.....i feel sick! what a fukin *******! i hate that story mad

Darth Revan
Wow... It's a goddamn pig... There are how many pigs in the world? And tigers are uhh... what's that word... oh yeah, endangered! How ironic that the woman was charged for animal cruelty, but the cops were the ones who actually killed something...

This reminds me of a story a while ago about an escaped cow that took them somthing like two weeks to catch. It was a beef cow. They refused to shoot it for some reason, even though it was killed anyways shortly after being caught.

Darth Revan
And WD> Roy Horn is an idiot... It was his own fault for not being more aware of what he was doing. And also, I don't know why people are even allowed to own wild animals, unless it's a rescue program of some kind, it's stupid.

Silver Stardust
That story reminds me of something that happened at the Brookfield Zoo (which is right by my house)...some dumb woman decided she was going to stick her arm through the fences around the wolf exhibit because she wanted to pet one of the wolves. The poor wolf (who was named Cinnamon Bear) got scared, naturally, and bit the woman's arm. And zoo people shot and killed the wolf! I think they should have shot the woman, who to even be able to try and pet the wolves had to climb over the first set of guard rails and a fence. Stupid *****.

Baylin
Now that really cuts me to the bone!

In these cases I'm all in favour of shooting the idiots who do things like that, after all there's plenty of people still around and do we really need folk like that contaminating the gene pools - I think not!!!!
Shoot the idiots and let the wild animals get on with what they do best.

WindDancer
DR> What do you mean he is an IDIOT? The man is professional tigers trainer. He's been doing that most of his life. How can he be an idiot? I can understand an average joe trying to work with a tiger and getting mauled, but a pro like Roy? What I was trying to say is that you cannot trust Tigers and sometimes lethal force has to be used. There is no other choice.

silver_tears
Forcing tigers to perform for stupid audiences makes me mad, of course I wish the man no harm, but I show him no sympathy. He took the risk, the tiger was following his instinct, they could have used tranquelizers in almost any case.

WindDancer
They are entertainers so they have to perform for their audiences. Some of the performers treat their animals with love and care. But then again there are others who abuse them so no surprise when they get attacked. The attack on Roy was bizzare. Roy is a very loveable of tigers that's why it was shocking to hear he was attack by his own tiger.

Corran
It's not right to make these beautiful majestic creatures perform.

WindDancer
That's the owners profession. They got to feed the big cat.

Baylin
I know sometimes keeping performing tigers are in a way being protected but I think Sils is right, they could have just tranquilised it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.